Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor (3556 Views)

Casual Musings From The Mind Of Samguine / Words and Imagination of the mind / Random Ramblings From The Mind Of Tex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 16, 2014
Cc- Texanomaly, laykorn grin

The One Who Abandoned Me

I was in total dis-satisfaction when you said it was over,
Get over it, I didn't.

I wandered in the wilderness--cying out loud,
My cry could be heard far away.

I held my breathe when I couldn't take it any longer, as a voice trickled in my heart.

Far and wide, it blew away the feelings, and I could see as it vanished in a twinkle of an eye.

Oh! It came to an abrupt end, and my heart consoled myself as I looked into the thin air with tears.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Shey, I try

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 16, 2014
Are you trying to deceive us
And you say you're a beginner
We will arrest you. grin

Bruv, this is awesome. You can drop things here on daily basis. Just let your imagination do it. Your style of organisation is awesome too.

Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by colossus12: 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2014
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
laykorn:
We will arrest you. grin

Bruv, this is awesome. You can drop things here on daily basis. Just let your imagination do it. Your style of organisation is awesome too.

Ayamlaykorn
Oh. Nice. Thanks smiley
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
colossus12:
Nice one
Thanks smiley
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
Depressed One

You woke up in the morning,
You kept thinking, "could this be life"?
People are wandering to and fro,
While you're gazing like a lion deprived of food.

Oh! I came to the world like them but I'm here languishing in abject desolation;
That's a voice that kept beating simulteanously,
As I Kept listening to it,
One emitted like a volcanoe and struck like an earthquake saying, "it's not over yet"-

I hearkened to it, and you listened to it,
..and our dream finally became a reality in the land of happiness.

Cheer up!
O' our sorrow has vanished and tranquiled,
It shall be well is our victorious motto which we sung/sang like an anthem!!

1 Like

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by texanomaly(f): 2:01am On Dec 17, 2014
FrancisTony:
Cc- Texanomaly, laykorn grin

The One Who Abandoned Me

I was in total dis-satisfaction when you said it was over,
Get over it, I didn't.

I wandered in the wilderness--cying out loud,
My cry could be heard far away.

I held my breathe when I couldn't take it any longer, as a voice trickled in my heart.

Far and wide, it blew away the feelings, and I could see as it vanished in a twinkle of an eye.

Oh! It came to an abrupt end, and my heart consoled myself as I looked into the thin air with tears.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Shey, I try

FrancisTony! Long time...I feel ya Buddy. cry

1 Like

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 5:43am On Dec 17, 2014
texanomaly:

FrancisTony! Long time...I feel ya Buddy. cry

Yeah. Its been long

Thanks cheesy
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Beennkumar(m): 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2014
You're good. cool

1 Like

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
Beennkumar:
You're good. cool
Thanks grin
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 18, 2014
laykorn:
We will arrest you. grin

Ayamlaykorn
Nice work @FrancisTony.

Prof. Laykorn, kilode? undecided. You've 'marked' other people's assignment without showing up on my own. Abi I no dey ds school again? undecided
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 18, 2014
Veeey:
Nice work @FrancisTony.

Prof. Laykorn, kilode? undecided. You've 'marked' other people's assignment without showing up on my own. Abi I no dey ds school again? undecided
Oh. Sorry Boss. I never knew you would like two teachers to mark your assignment. I'll do a check now.

Ah no be prof ooo, I am a sumall boy cheesy
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 18, 2014
Veeey:
Nice work @FrancisTony.
Thanks smiley
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 11:48pm On Dec 19, 2014
A Dream

I laid in bed, waiting for mother nature to take its cause,
Like a twilight, a wind blew me in a Planet where I couldn't figure whatsover;

I wandered in the darkness,
a cave--I took the route and my head spinned and tickled that I had to take a rest.

I met so many fairies,
from snow-white to goblin, little birds whilstling and frogs croaking;

Oh!, a bell rung and I woke up from the dreamland and ready to school.

Cc. Laykorn
Leki10
Texanomaly
Misshoree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by texanomaly(f): 12:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
I've been telling everyone who used "Random Ramblings", it is the tittle of my poetry thread. Laykorn only used it as an example. He meant for you to come up with your own title, something that fits your personality. Please don't use mine. Thanks.

Random Ramblings©
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2014
texanomaly:
I've been telling everyone who used "Random Ramblings", it is the tittle of my poetry thread. Laykorn only used it as an example. He meant for you to come up with your own title, something that fits your personality. Please don't use mine. Thanks.

Random Ramblings©
Pele tie. grin

You guys should come and mark my homework nau

cc- laykorn
Leki10
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by texanomaly(f): 1:01pm On Dec 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

Pele tie. grin

You guys should come and mark my homework nau

cc- laykorn
Leki10

FrancisTony:
A Dream

I laid down on the bed, waiting for mother nature to take its cause,
Like a twilight, a wind blew me in a Planet where I couldn't figure whatsover;

I wandered in the darkness,
a cave--I took the route and my head spinned and tickled that I had to take a rest.

I met so many fairies,
from snow-white to goblin, little birds whilstling and frogs croaking;

Oh!, a bell rung and I woke up from the dreamland and ready to school.

Nice concept. Be carful with your grammar, and change your title! angry

1 Like

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
texanomaly:

Nice concept. Be carful with your grammar, and change your title! angry
Okay. Thanks,

I'm about to do it.
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by texanomaly(f): 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2014
FrancisTony:

Okay. Thanks,

I'm about to do it.
Nice one. wink
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by prof800(m): 10:05pm On Dec 21, 2014
texanomaly:

Random Ramblings©
oh noooo...

So your "Random Ramblings©" is now copyrighted on Nairaland.?

@FrancisTony I love your scribbled thoughts. They are expressed maturedly unlike the childish rhymes we see these days.
Kudos.
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
prof800:

@FrancisTony I love your scribbled thoughts. They are expressed maturedly unlike the childish rhymes we see these days.
Kudos.
Thank you Sir! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 05, 2015
Knowledge

Knowlegde is the most sought-after in universe,
I sat down thinking when I would get the most priced virtue,,

It seems the virtue is passing me by,
I gazed and dazed horizontally till my stomach started rumbling,

Afar I could see wisdom dropping in the sky like a snow,
I moved closer and found it's synonymus with knowledge,,

There after, I sought more because the thirst was sever and nothing could quench it.

Tag- Laykorn
Ujsizzle
Prof800
Kumpharm
Herald9
Standd

Did I try? grin

4 Likes

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by UjSizzle(f): 9:50am On Jan 05, 2015
Nice effort smiley
I made a few modifications here though

Afar I could see wisdom falling from the sky like snow,
I drew closer and found it synonymous with knowledge,,

There after, I sought more because the thirst was severe and nothing could quench it.

Loving the use of simile/metaphor here, how you likened wisdom to snow.

P.S I am not a poet, so if you really want help then you should seek them from people who are well versed wink

2 Likes

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 05, 2015
UjSizzle:
Nice effort smiley
I made a few modifications here though

Loving the use of simile/metaphor here, how you likened wisdom to snow.

P.S I am not a poet, so if you really want help then you should seek them from people who are well versed wink
Thanks. Noted and re-modified.

Mynd44, how did you see my poems
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by herald9: 10:37am On Jan 05, 2015
FrancisTony:

Thanks. Noted and re-modified.

You know you're better than me when it comes to imagery... If I could master that..I'd be challenging Laykorn to a duel...Kudos!
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by prof800(m): 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2015
FrancisTony:
Knowledge

Knowlegde is the most sought-after in universe,
I sat down thinking when I would get the most priced virtue,,

It seems the virtue is passing me by,
I gazed and dazed horizontally till my stomach started rumbling,

Afar I could see wisdom dropping in the sky like a snow,
I moved closer and found it's synonymus with knowledge,,

There after, I sought more because the thirst was sever and nothing could quench it.

Tag- Laykorn
Ujsizzle
Prof800
Kumpharm
Herald9
Standd

Did I try?grin

Yes na... u try. wink
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2015
herald9:

You know you're better than me when it comes to imagery... If I could master that..I'd be challenging Laykorn to a duel...Kudos!
Me I nur dey attend class again.
E don tire me.
I don't even know the theme of these poems. grin
prof800:

Yes na... u try. wink

Thanks grin
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by herald9: 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2015
FrancisTony:

Me I nur dey attend class again.
E don tire me.
I don't even know the theme of these poems. grin
You lazy woh...class is getting more interesting...and lessons are getting more complicated... I'll just follow it slowly before I get lost.

1 Like

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 05, 2015
herald9:

You lazy woh...class is getting more interesting...and lessons are getting more complicated... I'll just follow it slowly before I get lost.
O boy!
Lesson done dey complicate o grin
My classes are still simple aren't they?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by herald9: 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2015
laykorn:

O boy!
Lesson done dey complicate o grin
My classes are still simple aren't they?
Ayamlaykorn

Lolz.. you guys are rushing us o...you forgot we're only beginners,at least you should give us enough time and assignments on a topic before jumping to another...

Your lessons ain't that complicated shasmiley
Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 05, 2015
herald9:

Lolz.. you guys are rushing us o...you forgot we're only beginners,at least you should give us enough time and assignments on a topic before jumping to another...

Your lessons ain't that complicated shasmiley
Check for my free verse test questions in a minute.
I'll talk to the teachers.
Ayamlaykorn

1 Like

Re: Scribbled Thoughts From The Mind Of A Mayor by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
lol! FrancisTony you're really good, and you were tripping all along! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / A Poem For Shawna / He's My Brother's Best Friend. So Why Am I In Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.