Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use (11032 Views)

US Congress Passes Bill That Will Censor The Bible As Antisemitic / New York City Passes Bill Outlawing Discrimination Against Fat People / Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Badgers14: 7:49am On Jun 20, 2018
seankay:
I’m few hours away from Canada. Time to go on a vac grin

Who you telling, I am 15 mins from Ambassador bridge grin
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by dynicks(m): 8:12am On Jun 20, 2018
weyreypey:
who's laughing with this one.....

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by JUHABACH: 8:22am On Jun 20, 2018
Riversides2003:
Without passing the bill, we have too many depressed and homeless people as a result of drug overdose, just be ready for the results of your actions pretty soon. This is why giving young people leadership position sometimes scares me. This Justin Trudeau guy is a big joke.

bruh, Marijuana has been clinically proven to help with opioid and alcoholic addictions while being much safer than either. if you're gonna criticize something, get your facts straight.

https://herb.co/marijuana/news/cannabis-drug-addiction-mental-health

https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/health/a19604874/marijuana-prevents-alcohol-drug-addiction-new-study/

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/29/health/medical-marijuana-opioids/index.html
https://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/drugs-alcohol/cnns-sanjay-gupta-on-how-marijuana-can-break-opioid-addiction.htm

1 Like

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Miache(m): 9:24am On Jun 20, 2018
adorable29:

Abegi let me hear word!

Yen yen yen yen bullllls.hiiiit!!!!

How many of you weed smokers smoke it BECAUSE you don't want to have cancer and to cure epilepsy. Miracle plant kee you there. What happened to our local bitter leaf, moringa leaf, aloe vera and the many many many too numerous to mention miracle plants we have in our home land if INDEED it is for health purposes.

You, the Canadian kids and 99% of those who take it do so TO GET HIGHHHH so spare me that bull.crap of health blablabla.

Their is also cry for cocaine legalisation in America because it is not regulated and controlled yet so many people in the US get access to it in secret making the US loose billions in dollars and the kids hiding and having overdose which is killing them in large numbers. That is why even though it is a killer, it will make a tiny bit of minuscule sense to bring it to the open by legalizing it like Canada has done with Igbo weed.

Same argument is being made about induced abortion. The act is BAD but legalizing it will mean our young girls will stop dying in large numbers from complications caused by quackery as they do it hush hush in illegal places.

The thinking behind Canada legalizing it is not your warped health logic, you hear.

Talking about ignorance, you are the ignorant one, niccur.

I smoke weed but I know you are absolutely right smiley wink
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by ujezeez(m): 9:57am On Jun 20, 2018
I will contest The National Assembly election by 2023 to make weed legalisation a reality...nobody should quote me for the wrong reason except you want thunder to fire you.thank you
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by anungangampu: 10:11am On Jun 20, 2018
Some Nigeria mofos think the only way to consume Marijuana is by smoking it.
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by MightySparrow: 10:24am On Jun 20, 2018
Badgers14:

No it's not. That's "Maple leaf"

Thanks
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by HomeOfMe(f): 10:51am On Jun 20, 2018
koolkidcletus:
Canada has become the first G7 country to completely legalize recreational weed.

Well here’s some good news for those of you living North of the border. It was just announced on Tuesday that Canada has legalized recreational marijuana use after the country’s two legislative chambers approved the Cannabis Act.

According to reports, the bill will allow anyone over the age of 18 to possess no more than 30 grams of marijuana. It also allows adults to sell cannabis as well as grow up to four plants in their home, making Canada the second country in the world after Uruguay to legalize recreational marijuana use, and the first G7 nation to do so.

“We’ve just witnessed a historic vote for Canada. The end of 90 years of prohibition. Transformative social policy, I think. A brave move on the part of the government,” the bill’s sponsor Sen. Tony Dean told the CBC. “Now we can start to tackle some of the harms of cannabis. We can start to be proactive in public education. We’ll see the end of criminalization and we can start addressing Canada’s $7 billion illegal market. These are good things for Canada.”

It’s reported that Canada will go legal within 8-12 weeks allowing provinces, municipalities, law enforcement, and other entities to prepare for the new law.

Now the real question remains when will the United States follow in suit? Hopefully sooner than later now.

SOURCE: https://thugmp3.com/canada-passes-bill-to-legalize-recreational-marijuana-use/
At least whoever wants to use it would go through the right channel and with prescription.
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Rossikki: 11:28am On Jun 20, 2018
MarijuanaLORD:

Oh please shut up

The average canadian that smokes weed even when it was illlegal is miles ahead and better than you in almost every aspect of humanity and living. I am certain you are not smarter than a canadian junkie

The world is changing. Forfucks sake medical marijuana is healthy

Legalizing marijuan will reduce the intake of more harmful substance like meth coke and heroine

I wonder why black man wey get rigid reasoning go wan chook mouth for oyinbo matter. Face your dirty country. Marijuana is illegal here yet na mad people full everywhere

FACT: Almost every Nigerian is crazy cheesy.

SMOKE MARIJUANA TODAY grin
You sound like a stupid idiot. I support cannabis legalization, but your attitude stinks.
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 20, 2018
MarijuanaLORD:

Oh please shut up

The average canadian that smokes weed even when it was illlegal is miles ahead and better than you in almost every aspect of humanity and living. I am certain you are not smarter than a canadian junkie

The world is changing. Forfucks sake medical marijuana is healthy

Legalizing marijuan will reduce the intake of more harmful substance like meth coke and heroine

I wonder why black man wey get rigid reasoning go wan chook mouth for oyinbo matter. Face your dirty country. Marijuana is illegal here yet na mad people full everywhere

FACT: Almost every Nigerian is crazy cheesy.

SMOKE MARIJUANA TODAY grin
Canada Bound. The average Nigerian attaches sentimentality to everything. Canada is an advanced civilation, and they knowing the economical benefits decided to legalize it knowing it is way healthier than cigarettes and cigarettes are legal. These niggas are so ignorant that do not know that the Soda/Alcohol they consume every second is worse than Marijuana. tongue
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Coolbadguy: 11:55am On Jun 20, 2018
koolkidcletus:
Canada has become the first G7 country to completely legalize recreational weed.

Well here’s some good news for those of you living North of the border. It was just announced on Tuesday that Canada has legalized recreational marijuana use after the country’s two legislative chambers approved the Cannabis Act.

According to reports, the bill will allow anyone over the age of 18 to possess no more than 30 grams of marijuana. It also allows adults to sell cannabis as well as grow up to four plants in their home, making Canada the second country in the world after Uruguay to legalize recreational marijuana use, and the first G7 nation to do so.

“We’ve just witnessed a historic vote for Canada. The end of 90 years of prohibition. Transformative social policy, I think. A brave move on the part of the government,” the bill’s sponsor Sen. Tony Dean told the CBC. “Now we can start to tackle some of the harms of cannabis. We can start to be proactive in public education. We’ll see the end of criminalization and we can start addressing Canada’s $7 billion illegal market. These are good things for Canada.”

It’s reported that Canada will go legal within 8-12 weeks allowing provinces, municipalities, law enforcement, and other entities to prepare for the new law.

Now the real question remains when will the United States follow in suit? Hopefully sooner than later now.

SOURCE: https://thugmp3.com/canada-passes-bill-to-legalize-recreational-marijuana-use/

This is good news,Nigeria should follow same line.
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by kolnel: 12:02pm On Jun 20, 2018
SoNature:

Oga, Canada is the first G7 nation to legalize recreational cannabis, according to US-owned TV news network, CNN.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/07/news/economy/canada-marijuana-legalization-pot/index.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_Massachusetts
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by MarijuanaLORD: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
Rossikki:
You sound like a stupid idiot. I support cannabis legalization, but your attitude stinks.
Na frustration go kee you las las

You scallywag tongue
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by khalids: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2018
Don't be fooled by all this....big corp and govt just want their own cut of the money.....
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by motherfucker: 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
adorable29:

Abegi let me hear word!

Yen yen yen yen bullllls.hiiiit!!!!

How many of you weed smokers smoke it BECAUSE you don't want to have cancer and to cure epilepsy. Miracle plant kee you there. What happened to our local bitter leaf, moringa leaf, aloe vera and the many many many too numerous to mention miracle plants we have in our home land if INDEED it is for health purposes.

You, the Canadian kids and 99% of those who take it do so TO GET HIGHHHH so spare me that bull.crap of health blablabla.

Their is also cry for cocaine legalisation in America because it is not regulated and controlled yet so many people in the US get access to it in secret making the US loose billions in dollars and the kids hiding and having overdose which is killing them in large numbers. That is why even though it is a killer, it will make a tiny bit of minuscule sense to bring it to the open by legalizing it like Canada has done with Igbo weed.

Same argument is being made about induced abortion. The act is BAD but legalizing it will mean our young girls will stop dying in large numbers from complications caused by quackery as they do it hush hush in illegal places.

The thinking behind Canada legalizing it is not your warped health logic, you hear.

Talking about ignorance, you are the ignorant one, niccur.

Most Nigerians think knowing how to read and write makes them intelligent...

Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by motherfucker: 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2018
SoNature:

Oga, Canada is the first G7 nation to legalize recreational cannabis, according to US-owned TV news network, CNN.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/07/news/economy/canada-marijuana-legalization-pot/index.html
you are wrong mister.
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by Businext: 8:55pm On Jun 20, 2018
cry See why we should be careful in voting young people! Drugs are dangerous because their abuse are addictive and fatal. I refuse to join drug business or invest in it when I saw the opportunity. The profit was over 150% and the ROI was fast. But how can I build a house, ride a car, SUV or power bike with drug money? Or marry a music diva, have a daughter then have twins and be idolised by ignorant people like my former self when I made money from drugs. Goodbye Canada, since your PM values drug revenue than public health, sanity and proper recreation like football, chess, nap, table tennis, horse riding, motor racing. Australia na you sure pass for now. #saytolegalisedwrongs
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by ashibelite: 11:21am On Jun 21, 2018
Hahahhaha,
I saw this topic else where, but quickly searched for it on nairaland because I reckoned how cracked up I was gonna be reading comments.
Truth is some of the best lyrics are weed inspired.
...As well as a pool of best ideas.
Re: Canada Passes Bill To Legalize Recreational Marijuana Use by motherfucker: 7:19pm On Jun 24, 2018
Businext:
cry See why we should be careful in voting young people! Drugs are dangerous because their abuse are addictive and fatal. I refuse to join drug business or invest in it when I saw the opportunity. The profit was over 150% and the ROI was fast. But how can I build a house, ride a car, SUV or power bike with drug money? Or marry a music diva, have a daughter then have twins and be idolised by ignorant people like my former self when I made money from drugs. Goodbye Canada, since your PM values drug revenue than public health, sanity and proper recreation like football, chess, nap, table tennis, horse riding, motor racing. Australia na you sure pass for now. #saytolegalisedwrongs
bros, u don't know anything... Do ur research. Marijuana is not harmful as they have made your believed.

I don't smoke nor drink alcohol but I have done my research and I made money from that industry while in Nigeria.

I repeat do your research

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Robert Mugabe Quote / 6,000 Detained Across Russia As Anti-War Protests Enter Fourth Day / Three Tanzanian Soldiers Killed In The Democratic Republic Of Congo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.