Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Lagos Gubernatorial Debate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Gubernatorial Debate (5430 Views)

Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates / Lagos Gubernatorial Debate video, Ambode Clearly Not As Intelligent / Lagos Gubernatorial Poll: Jimi Agbaje(pdp) Vs Ambode Akinwunmi(apc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by jydoh(m): 9:55pm On Mar 22, 2007
I have just finished watching the first leg of the Channels Television organised Lagos State Gubernatorial Debate.

The contestants on board today where;

Jimi Agbaje (DPA)

Babatunde Fashola (AC)

Femi Pedro (Labour Party)

Musiliu Obanikoro (PDP)

Fellow Nairalander let us judge them from what they have said and their acts during the live televised debate.

Who amongst the lot that hitherto you dont have a mind for, has won you over based on his contributions,programs,plans,antecedents and goodwill to the plight of the good people of Lagos that includes all of us.

In short who will you cast your vote for based on the debate.[i][/i][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

For me it is Musiliu Obanikoro for handling the AC candidate in the rightful and matured manner.
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by segun44: 12:15am On Mar 23, 2007
femi pedro was d best in debate,proving his integrity,reviewing reasonable plans for lagos.vote femi pedro for governor 2007,he is d only man that can do d job.
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by 1forall: 1:07am On Mar 23, 2007
Seun, poll?
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by 1forall: 1:13am On Mar 23, 2007
Oh, I see: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-43441.0.html I think it deserves front page mention
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by McDoe(m): 8:33am On Mar 23, 2007
I am down with Femi Pedro. He sure knows where he is going; and has what it takes to transform Lagos. Although I have not watched him debate on television, I have listened to him on Rhythm FM. He articulated his programmes in such a way that the are buyable. Let's vote for him.
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by brownbaby(f): 9:08am On Mar 23, 2007
I've only been admiring Femi Pedro's looks I thought he was soft and too gentle to handle Lagos, I changed my mind yersterday, the guy has plans for Lagos, and he's got brains too, infact he is an all rounder,
good looking, intelligent, experienced, explicit in presentation of his plans, civilized and I learnt he is Godly too.

I wish he is in PDP, if u get what I mean, all the same let's vote him in, he can turn lagos around.
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by kitaun(m): 8:13pm On Mar 23, 2007
@jydoh

what are you talking about? are you sure you watched what we all watched undecided

Obanikoro was definitely the poorest candidate and I cant place what u mean by Koro handling Fashola cos by all standards they are not in the same league just like even the debate showed Fashola was the most comported cool
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by ETM: 9:46pm On Mar 23, 2007
From the debate i am strongly convinced that Fashola has what it takes to do the job.
Jimi knows nothing, KOro is a deceiver pdp has failed
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by dayokanu(m): 10:42am On Mar 24, 2007
Koro for wetin, he was the most lousy with his shairman-Chairman, foters-voters pronunciation incoherent and aggressive way of making a point. Infact you can only take a thug to the senate you cant take the thuggery from him reminds me of Agbero's at bus stops wonder what he would do when the pressure of governance gets to him- he would burn down Alausa just kile he did in an earlier capacity.
Fashola was very calm and collected throughout, same wit Jaykay, shows the ability t handle pressure. Pedro lost his mien when Agbaje attacked him.

Koro(3rd term campaigner) even denied that he supported withholding LG funds why cant he stand by and defend his actions at the senate like Pedro and Fashola did.

Koro does not know what he is talking about : 1 refuse ground in Lagos? get your fact right
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by bidex(m): 1:59pm On Mar 24, 2007
i am not so into politics but the way Kitaun and dayo kanu talks about koro makes me find out who this man really is cos i watched the debate and left to me koro handled fashola and the AC in a very matured way.
when he was asked to ask a question he didnt even bother disturbing fashola rada he asked agabaje a question and wen it was fasholas turn he asked koro and koro gave more lite into wat we the masses didnt even understand too well.
"the fire brigade busses were not achievements of the tinubu govt but where donated by the british govt"
who doesnt know olosoun is a dump site,please tell fashola we are quite grown and he cant decieve us.

i am still undecided on who to vote for but i know i wont vote fashola for sure.
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by olodo(m): 3:36pm On Mar 24, 2007
agbaje for governor
all koroi fans are agero
fashola good but he will be manipulated
pedro has been used and dumped
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by bunmeee(f): 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2007
they r all rogues, do u honestly believe dat after spending so much on campaign, they will get elected n be good,if so, keep fooling urself cos i refuse to be fooled, didnt even register to vote. shocked kiss
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by Seun(m): 4:34pm On Mar 24, 2007
do u honestly believe that after spending so much on campaign, they will get elected n be good,
That's precisely why people like me are always calling for privatization and limited government. wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by Oxygen(f): 5:21pm On Mar 24, 2007
I'm down with Jimi
Koro didn't do badly,in all honesty and remember he's more experienced cos he started politics from the grassroot
Fashola:right man,wrong party.He started on the wrong foot by being imposed on people that's been there before he knows wats up in the party
Femi should try and clear the air on his integrity.I think he should tell the public why he didn't and wouldn't react to the statement by his present boss that he cannot be trusted with "the treasury"

PS;if everyone refuses to vote,then how do we solve the numerous problems of Nigeria
Do not disenfranchise yourself,it's your civic right and responsibility
use your vote rightly
Vote wisely.
Don't be manipulated
Don't be influenced
Be independent cheesy
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by LoverBwoy(m): 5:23pm On Mar 24, 2007
brownbaby:

I've only been admiring Femi Pedro's looks I thought he was soft and too gentle to handle Lagos, I changed my mind yersterday, the guy has plans for Lagos, and he's got brains too, infact he is an all rounder,
good looking, intelligent, experienced, explicit in presentation of his plans, civilized and I learnt he is Godly too.

I wish he is in PDP, if u get what I mean, all the same let's vote him in, he can turn lagos around.

if you start off by admiring someone because they are good looking, you will inevitable start agreeing with anything they say or do! its called thinking with ur koko  grin

It happens to me you know- and im not even blowing my own trumpet   cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by egoldman(m): 5:32pm On Mar 24, 2007
is there anyway of getting posting the transcript of the debate here for those us that didnt watch it ,so that we may contribute ? embarassed embarassed
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by Mustay(m): 6:13pm On Mar 24, 2007
vist channels website
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by jydoh(m): 7:43pm On Mar 24, 2007
kitaun:

@jydoh

what are you talking about? are you sure you watched what we all watched undecided

Obanikoro was definitely the poorest candidate and I can't place what u mean by Koro handling Fashola because by all standards they are not in the same league just like even the debate showed Fashola was the most comported cool

I really believe dat we all are going to comment without fear or favour. This is not a campaign media, we all are literate, letz save our Lagos

@Kitaun
U really got biased when u made the above statement, Because i dont seems to underdatnd what u meant by Koro been the poorest of the lot when he actually proved himself capable of withstanding all what the AC candidate has been feed with at Alausa. He also was expected to attack ' Tinubu's Stooge as we all know' grin grin , but he was matured to ask only a simple question from Jimi.
I beleive all this shows maturity on his part as compared to Pedro that got what he requested from Jimi and flared up immediately.

brownbaby:

I wish u will stop the physical admiration. Because i see a capitalist government he intends to run . Our dear Lagos has a lot of poor masses shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by jydoh(m): 7:50pm On Mar 24, 2007
brownbaby:

I wish u will stop the physical admiration. shocked shocked shocked Because i see a capitalist government he intends to run . Our dear Lagos has a lot of poor masses cry cry cry

bidex:

i am not so into politics but the way Kitaun and dayo kanu talks about koro makes me find out who this man really is because i watched the debate and left to me koro handled fashola and the AC in a very matured way.
when he was asked to ask a question he didnt even bother disturbing fashola rada he asked agabaje a question and when it was fasholas turn he asked koro and koro gave more lite into what we the masses didnt even understand too well.
"the fire brigade busses were not achievements of the tinubu govt but where donated by the british govt"
who doesnt know olosoun is a dump site,please tell fashola we are quite grown and he can't decieve us.

i am still undecided on who to vote for but i know i wont vote fashola for sure.

@least he doesnt know politics but he spoke from what he heard from the candidates
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by cyprianjr(m): 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2007
kicking myself for missing it last night, abeg when is the second leg?-i hope there's a second leg
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by akamihe(m): 12:22pm On Mar 25, 2007
A repeat broadcast of the debate is today, Sun 25th March, 2007. Channels. 7:30pm. Don't miss it again pls. Let know who's most capable of governing lagos. I didnt also see it. But I saw the 2nd episode that featured, Afikuyomi (ANPP), Gbajabiamila (AD), Ohimai (FDP) and Bakare (PPA). The best person for me is Uche Ibukun Ohimai of the Fresh Democratic Party (FDP). Very articulate, objective, discipline and young. We should also starting thinking in that line, A woman might what we required to salvage things here in Lagos. What d'u guys think?
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by toksdara(m): 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, I see some integrity in Jimi Agbaje and Ohimai. Someone told me Uche Ibukun Ohimai is a good candidate in the wrong party and that she will be a good assistant to anyone who emerges as governor.

What do you think?
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by Mariory(m): 6:48pm On Mar 25, 2007
What's channels website?
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by kitaun(m): 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2007
@jYDOH

STOP TALKING NONSENSE angry

IF U AINT GOT NOTHING MEANINGFUL TO SAY KEEP UR TRAP SHUT cool

WAS FASHOLA BEING TAUGHT WHAT TO SAY AT THE DEBATE? HAVE U FORGOTTEN U CAN ONLY TAKE A HORSE TO THE RIVER BUT CAN NOT FORCE IT TO DRINK WATER? undecided

FASHOLA STOOD HIS GROUND AND HE WAS THE MOST COMPORTED OFTHEM ALL, UR KORO WAS SPECIFICALLY TOLD BY THE COMPERE JOHN MOMOH TO BEHAVE HIMSELF WHILE AGBAJE AND PEDRO WHERE AT IT, YES OR NO?

WHAT STUPID MATURE WAY ARE U REFERRING KORO HANDLED FASHOLA? *hissing annoyedly*
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by sleekdot(m): 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2007
Koro was the most incoherent of them all John Momoh had to caution him.he cant be compared to Fashola who is a SAN and knows decorum unlike Koro who we all know that orderliness, decorum and serenity are strange concept to him. He is know to be the director of thugs like one of the debate moderators pointed out the "Koro how do you hope to control your boys".
Vote anybody but Koro. As for me and my household we choose Fashola. Eko o ni baje
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by lewa(m): 9:54pm On Mar 25, 2007
Is there a link to see the debate.Dying to see Koro's shortcomings broadcast live
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by lafile(m): 9:34am On Mar 26, 2007
Jimi Agbaje gave an impressive performance at the debate. Obanikoro is nothing but a glorified tout. Pedro made a lot of sense as well but his response to Agbajes insinuations was less than acceptable. Fashola spoke well but it seemed like it was something he memorised. Left to me i'll pick Agbaje for Governor anytime anyday. He seems to have more ideas and a clearer vision than the rest of the field. Pedro would also make a good governor. I get the feeling he will make a good administrator and a prudent manager of funds. Fashola, well, i guess we could do worse. Obanikoro, God forbid.
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by Tobiegal(f): 9:59am On Mar 26, 2007
D debate was quite intresting.

I like Jimi's Performance, though ma dad thinks pedro is d real man.

However, 4 Koro, he just cldnt get his english 2gether, as he kept pronuncing a word 3 2 4 times before he got it rite,

For fashola, hum, d guy is quite, n realy, i think he knws wot he wants, bt on a scale of 1 to 5, i'd rate dir performance thus:

1-------- Jimi Agbaje
2--------Pedro
3--------Fashola
4--------Olodo (pdp)
5--------koro! grin
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by Tobiegal(f): 10:04am On Mar 26, 2007
besides, i wish we cld ave a presidential debate, we wld knw who's 4 real or who's not, as far as am concerned, most lagosian ave made up dir minds on who 2 vote 4 becos d debate was realy educative, which is cool.

so, y cant we ave a presidential debate.
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by lafile(m): 11:07am On Mar 26, 2007
@Tobiegal
Because the front funner yar adua doesnt know how to talk. abi u want OBJ to debate for am?
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by llcoolg05: 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2007
First of all, it is sad that anybody would rank Fashola in the league of the other contenders A man who stood there and lied to the good people of lagos state that the fourth mainland bridge is an ongoing project, and that the eko akate project is also ongoing What does this man take us for? fools? 5billion naria borrowed since 2001, and not a single bag of cement was bought for the project for the past 6years the project as been ongoing? he must be joking Out of all the candidates, Fashola was the only one who couldn't tell lagosians two Tinubu programs he would continue ( can you imagine) I went there looknig for a vibrant SAN, but I am sorry to say, there is absolutely nothing SOUND about that SAN Infact that is the popular saying now in Lagos

Now as for KORO, you gotta give it to the brotha No doubt in my mind that is the next governor of Lagos state He spoke with passion and thorough understanding of Lagos state and its people (when I say people, I mean the poor the grassroot) I believe thats the man Lagos needs We all saw Pedro flare up like a baby when he was attacked, we don't need that in a leader ( A leader with short temper is not needed for a complex state like Lagos) As for Jimi, I like him He was very composed and prioritized creating wealth for the people and state however, he lacks the experience and knowledge of the PEOPLE hence would find it difficult to govern

If I had to cast my vote, I'll vote for KORO beautiful performance I must say Fashola on the other hand, I couldn't be any disappointed, a SAN dat is soo dulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, a SAN full of lies How can he tell the people of Lagos state he was elected I'm sure u all heard the crowd response when he said that lol He is not the league of the other candidates, too boring, hated in his office when he was chief of staff, eyes are always red, drinks and smokes irritating candidate to say the least
Re: Lagos Gubernatorial Debate by tetede: 2:42pm On Mar 26, 2007
hello house,
i will like to remind the house that we are not expected to exchange abusive words, the topic is only interested about our opinon.

JIMI: The best candidate in a wrong party cos 70% of lagosians believe that we have only three parties in Nigeria which are AC, PDP & OTHERS. He permormed beautifully well at the debate and i like his comportment.

PEDRO: Was okay at the debate but cud not handle situation, a question was thrown at him  by Jimi and he lost his composure he is not fit to be this Lagos state gov.if he does not want to get heart attack.

FASHOLA: The AC candiadate was impressive, i like the way he answers questns even when all the  audience were tying to get at him he handled it maturely. Lagos state needs a mature candidate,somebody that can face challenges, He is the best for the Job.

KORO cryI WEEP FOR LAGOSIANS IF KORO TURNS OUT TO BE THE NEXT GOV, He cud not answer questions correctly instead he was beating abt the bush calling Jimi his brother, no wonder he cud not ask him a reasonable ques.He was asked on what to do about his brothers(area boys), he was talking about rehabilitation centre. if he does not know his brothers needs how can he know the needs of lagosian .

VOTE WISELY, VOTE FASHOLA. EKO O NI BAJE OOOOOOOOO .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gov Amaechi Stops Nddc Boss Convoy / Suicide Bombers Are Influenced by Drugs / EXPOSED | Abubakar Audu’s N1.8 Billion Lokoja Mansion - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.