Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,064 members, 7,818,180 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku (983 Views)

Jonathan, Atiku, Saraki Remember Umaru Musa Yar'adua 11 Years After His Death / Jonathan, Atiku, Lawan, Mourn Abba Kyari / Jonathan, Atiku, Danjuma Goje, Ned Nwoko, Nwulu Honoured At Who Is Who Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by agwom(m): 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has described former President Goodlcuk Jonathan as a hero of democracy in Nigeria, saying history will be fair to him.

Atiku made the assertion on Wednesday during a courtesy call on President Jonathan at his country home in Otueke, Bayelsa State.

Atiku in a statement by his Media Office said Jonathan’s exemplary decision to hand over the reigns of power without qualms was a historic decision that portrayed him as a democrat of unimpeachable credentials.

Atiku, while reflecting on Jonathan’s action that doused tension in the country at that time, noted that the situation in the country would have been different if Jonathan did not voluntarily relinquish power to the then opposition party.

“I want to say without equivocation that history will be very kind to you. As the democrat that I have always seen, I want to say you have truly excelled," the former ‎vice president said.

Jonathan in his response commended Atiku for appointing former Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel as Director General of his Presidential Campaign Organisation.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/history-will-be-fair-to-jonathan-atiku-257276.html

Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by ABSAO(m): 9:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
undecided angry
Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by mrAlhaji(m): 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
Truly a Democrat
Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by SalamRushdie: 9:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
Hall of shame will be fair to the current leader

6 Likes

Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by yarimo(m): 11:25pm On Jun 20, 2018
Actually history will be fair to GOODLUCK jonathan as the most dubious former president of Nigeria. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by gberra: 11:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
Hmmm, there is honour among thieves..

-truth burns

1 Like

Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by Ichokwu: 12:55am On Jun 21, 2018
History will be kind to the hero of democracy in Africa.

We salute sir.
Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by RussianKGB: 2:39am On Jun 21, 2018
GEJ is everything Buhari will never be and more.

A man who accepted political defeat as an incumbent president for the sake of giving peace a chance to reign in a country whose political climate was indeed very tensed as against the violent prone behavior of his opponent.

Words can never describe GEJ fully. This astute gentleman with benevolent attributes deserves to be properly honoured as a "hero of Nigerian democracy" In his lifetime and beyond.

God bless you GEJ.

3 Likes

Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by dokyOloye: 3:12am On Jun 21, 2018
"I am d most abused president in d whole world, but when I leave office, you will all remember me for d freedom you enjoyed under me ".

1 Like

Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:18am On Jun 21, 2018
Sure cool
Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:22am On Jun 21, 2018
yarimo:
Actually history will be fair to GOODLUCK jonathan as the most dubious former president of Nigeria. undecided

Thank God u ain't going nowhere when shit would hit fan soon in Naija. Your Terrorist in Aso Villa Uncle would be chased down to Daura where he begins his Journey to Maradi in Niger his real home.

GEJ is God Sent.
The Best President Democracy can afford in recent Africa.
Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by koboko69: 5:00am On Jun 21, 2018
RussianKGB:
GEJ is everything Buhari will never be and more.

A man who accepted political defeat as an incumbent president for the sake of giving peace a chance to reign in a country whose political climate was indeed very tensed as against the violent prone behavior of his opponent.

Words can never describe GEJ fully. This astute gentleman with benevolent attributes deserves to be properly honoured as a "hero of Nigerian democracy" In his lifetime and beyond.

God bless you GEJ.

I don't understand....
He lost...what was he suppose to do...
Annul the election like Babangida of PDP?
Oga he lost....and vacated the sit! That is what every sane human being is meant to do. ..if he wanted to be insane, he would have been treated the way insane people are treated. So make we hear word.

Even Obj wey want 3rd time by crook....he comot, na ome rat go wan show en self?
Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by eaglejay13(m): 6:33am On Jun 21, 2018
koboko69:

I don't understand....
Oga he lost....and vacated the sit! That is what every sane human being is meant to do. ..if he wanted to be insane, he would have been treated the way insane people are treated. So make we hear word.

Even Obj wey want 3rd time by crook....he comot, na ome rat go wan show en self?

Your god lost in 2011, what did he do?

1 Like

Re: History Will Be Fair To Jonathan – Atiku by MrPolitics: 7:16am On Jun 21, 2018
koboko69:

I don't understand....

And who would have treated the president and commander in chief of armed forces like an insane person.
What Jonathan did was commendable as it was not a very common thing in Africa.

(1) (Reply)

Who Else Thinks It Is Time For America To Send Troups To Defend Northen Xtians / BREAKING: Nigerian Govt. Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF President / APC, PDP Trade Blame As Violence Mars Rivers Bye-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.