Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market (10286 Views)

Naira Climbs To N360.55/$ As CBN Injects $210 Million / CBN Injects Fresh $210m In Forex Market / CBN Injects $14.2bn Into FX Market In9 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 21, 2018
It is now a trend for the past one year now. Anytime Adsense wants to arrive by 21st this people 'inject' dollars into the system thereby crashing it.
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Nobody: 7:42am On Jun 21, 2018
Xpect more gain by the naira again the dollar as china continue to push on Yuan to be used as International mode of payment directly on this side of the block.
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 21, 2018
sarrki:
This kind of news is not what is welcome on this platform

The most likely one that is welcome is where Pmb was bastardized

The good thing is most of Pmb supporters are not internet trollers

There internet is there pvc
Are u ok?
how does ur write-up relate 2 d topic?
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by justflow1(m): 7:56am On Jun 21, 2018
dokyOloye:
There is a difference b/w 'there' and 'their'!!!!
Don't they teach you ppl basic English in Oshogbo

English teacher
" Don't they teach you ppl basic english in oshogbo"

undecided even your statement is worst than his, it is syntactically and morphologically flooded. I guess you missed your Basic english Grammer classes too
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by justflow1(m): 7:57am On Jun 21, 2018
dokyOloye:
There is a difference b/w 'there' and 'their'!!!!
Don't they teach you ppl basic English in Oshogbo
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by olas24u(f): 8:03am On Jun 21, 2018
[quote author=anibirelawal post=68676370]Nigeria forex is gaining momentum bit by bit, day by day. i hope it will continue positvely like this. [/quote

henhen so you can believe the weekly rubbish
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 21, 2018
i was listening to the news today and heard that the senate had over padded d budget from billion to trillion on excuse of buying 'sewing machines' and other stupid things for their constituency.they reduced the money for the basic ones like health,road etc.they intentionally delayed it so that the president wouldnt reject it as it would be taking a lot of time.we are in june and the bill hasnt been signed yet.
How he wants to carry out the project given the little resources still remain a mystery.
This is the first senate that is not totally in tandem with its president.they are really making things very difficult.this is by far the most selfish and corrupt senate we ever had
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by safetyInspector(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2018
Parallel rate at AbokiFX is still at 360.

Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by buchilino(m): 8:10am On Jun 21, 2018
IT RISES TODAY. TOMORROW IT WILL TAKE 5 STEPS BACKWARDS.
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:18am On Jun 21, 2018
HAH:
The naira is still undervalued, with current reserve of about $50b naira should trade around 250 at most, but the problem is the political will to do that, the least this government can do is to converge all rates at the same place, but a situation where some people get dollar at 305 while some get at 357 is rigged to favour some privileged few

Imagine the effect on cost of life if the dollar will be like 250 but as i said the political will may be lacking
Trade at 250 and watch the economy die
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Cuteamigo1(m): 8:37am On Jun 21, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

Please kindly explain because i share his views oj this.
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by killuminati(m): 8:37am On Jun 21, 2018
rentAcock:
heil buhari, the saviour who will take Nigeria out of recession, our greatest president of all time. From N360 to N359.5, that's exactly 50kobo or 0.0014% Jajajaja I laugh in spanish grin
Just wait until the summer month is over, oil prices will fall, what then will happen to our currency?
bastardoooo grin
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Nigeriadondie: 8:48am On Jun 21, 2018
nwoke37:
I remember asking my father if Nigeria got its independence too early... He told me Nigeria would have been worse if we got independence later... He mentioned how the politicians are more corrupt now than during the time of Nigeria's independence wherein those leaders worked together for Nigeria's development/independence...

He also mentioned that the current politicians we have now are even willing to sell Nigeria if they have the chance... He kept on repeating that there is no hope for Nigeria.. cry cry

I later mused over my father's words...
I realized our politicians have in fact been selling Nigeria bit by bit... Because of corruption, we have poor power supply, substandard roads, un- regular water supply, poor education facilities, poor health facilities, etc..
Without those facilities you can't attract jobs(both domestic and foreign)... so we have high rates of poverty... And because of high rates of poverty we have high rates of insecurity...

What I know is that once oil ceases to become a major thing in our world, Nigeria would cease to exist as a nation, if corruption isn't massively tackled..

I hope one day Nigeria proves my father wrong, that there's hope for Nigeria
Your father saw the future yesterday. I have done the same. I was in my 1st year in the university when I saw Nigeria’s future back then that it was completely hopeless & futureless. Infact it is easier for the devil to make heaven than for Nigeria to progress. For me that was why I ran out of the country no matter the costs & I am not regretting it.
The budget just passed convinces anyone that doubts how hopeless Nigeria is. When NASS decides to deduct from fundings for key projects so they cud fund their constituency projects which is not more than donating teabags, sugar, digging pit toilets and divert the rest to live big.
Until we realise that PMB though has his but the real enemies of Nigeria are national assembly members and governors. Remember the case of Dariye and Nyame. And when u leave law making in the hands of thieves like Saraki, budget padders like Dogara and his gang then such a country is dead.
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by drpips1(m): 8:49am On Jun 21, 2018
stupid news, the whole economy can be summarized in a graph of its value against time

1 Like

Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:06am On Jun 21, 2018
Cuteamigo1:
Please kindly explain because i share his views oj this.

If we trade at 250, a lot of things that are locally produced will be affected as it will become cheaper to import. Also we will have a lot of substandard products as manufacturers will want to meet up.

Take fuel for instance, Nigeria has the cheapest price of fuel for countries around it, and that is with dollar at 360, with dollar at 250 fuel becomes cheaper and smuggling out becomes more lucrative.

Another question is if the price of crude which is the major source of dollar supply falls, how long will we be able to sustain it at 250 to a naira.
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

If we trade at 250, a lot of things that are locally produced will be affected as it will become cheaper to import. Also we will have a lot of substandard products as manufacturers will want to meet up.

Take fuel for instance, Nigeria has the cheapest price of fuel for countries around it, and that is with dollar at 360, with dollar at 250 fuel becomes cheaper and smuggling out becomes more lucrative.

Another question is if the price of crude which is the major source of dollar supply falls, how long will we be able to sustain it at 250 to a naira.
you make alot of sense. most of what you said can be achieved if we had a serious government but unfortunately that is exactly what we lack.
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by HAH: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

why ? we are learning here
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by ultiliberty(m): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2018
Fx market positivity!

Check this out:

Imagine you display your brand in audiovisual, shortly in a precise manner for the social media world � then you trend and your biz becomes the talk of time #DigitalMarketing through video advert call or WhatsApp +2348032318968 @bisyommedia for more info!
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by HAH: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2018
Proudlyngwa:

I just saw your response here, but the question is how did past government sustain it at lower rate, the present high cost of life is mainly due to high dollar rate, and have industries increased since naira was devalued ? Believe me it reduced. Government is there to alleviate people not the other way round , just imagine what $10B injected into our economy will do as against leaving it in an account in another country, one of the main reason the economy is slow is because of lack of investments, how many investors are we seeing this days, the only investors are portfolio investors who contribute little to the economy.

You said a lot of thing will be cheaper to import if dollar is 250, please can you mention just 3 I industries that thrived under this harsh condition, probably you will say rice , believe most of the things you see about rice is propaganda, I am a notherner and live in the north the so called local rice are only seen during launching by politicians, and even the figures of productions are exegerrated clearly they are not up to our demand.

Only a wicked father with live money in account while his family is suffering, a clear case of Buhari
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Vicvalentine: 9:59am On Jun 21, 2018
sexyanyabubakar:
Receive this social benefit from Abacha Loot strictly for Unemployed Lazy yoots only
Nwanyioma
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:17am On Jun 21, 2018
HAH:
I just saw your response here, but the question is how did past government sustain it at lower rate, the present high cost of life is mainly due to high dollar rate, and have industries increased since naira was devalued ? Believe me it reduced. Government is there to alleviate people not the other way round , just imagine what $10B injected into our economy will do as against leaving it in an account in another country, one of the main reason the economy is slow is because of lack of investments, how many investors are we seeing this days, the only investors are portfolio investors who contribute little to the economy.

You said a lot of thing will be cheaper to import if dollar is 250, please can you mention just 3 I industries that thrived under this harsh condition, probably you will say rice , believe most of the things you see about rice is propaganda, I am a notherner and live in the north the so called local rice are only seen during launching by politicians, and even the figures of productions are exegerrated clearly they are not up to our demand.

Only a wicked father with live money in account while his family is suffering, a clear case of Buhari

My brother, while I understand you, I must remind you that a country is not run on sentiments and emotions.
It is unfortunate that during the last regime, Nigeria was really living above its means creating a false sense of euphoria which could never want been sustained, our collapse economically was always going to happen.
Forget all those rubbish paper projections, if they were built on a solid foundation they would never have collapsed with the fall in oil price.

Incase you don't know, local production of a lot of things have picked up, we were once importing beans for your information, our clothing industry has picked up, same with paint, rubber, beverages and a lot of other things which were being imported.

As for having money and not spending it, we need to have a certain amount of money in our foreign reserves before multinationals will think of coming here to invest.
Incase you don't know Nigeria is a poor nation, we only think we are rich because of the bogus salaries our politicians receive, which is what we should be fighting against.

Now is the time, we either sacrifice and get it right or release money for non essential commodities and continue complaining in future.
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by holyfather(m): 10:55am On Jun 21, 2018
sarrki:
This kind of news is not what is welcome on this platform

The most likely one that is welcome is where Pmb was bastardized

The good thing is most of Pmb supporters are not internet trollers

There internet is there pvc
Shut your dirty trap.
How is this supposed to be news?
Re: Naira Gains As CBN Injects $210m Into FX Market by Bigprick9inches: 12:25am On Jun 22, 2018
TalkTalkTwins:
Take us back to N160 per $
no ooo. throw us back to 500/$

(1) (2) (Reply)

Union Bank Celebrates 100 Years Of Existence / Odu’a Group, Abuad To Revive Ado-ekiti Textile Mill With $32.5m / I Need Pure Water/bottled Water Business Plan Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.