Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? (751 Views)

Bring price of Fuel down now!!! - Fashola tells GEJ #Recap / Nigeria Labour Congress Warns FG - Don’t Increase Price Of Fuel / Look At What A Police Officer Did To This Guy Because Of Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? by ePAYSYSTEM(m): 9:09pm On Jun 04, 2010
We experience in Nigeria a long time of high cost of all petroleum products despite living in country where these products come from, in a country where these product's production and transportation rob our farmers good yeild. Nevertheless, with the new presidency, the prices of all petroleum products significantly came down within a few weeks and still going down the more. Do you think this change in price is as a result of the new president, the crew, the policy, or what?

Your opinion may just be all we need to make a better tommorrow for Nigeria, our country
Thanks!
Re: Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? by PapaBrowne(m): 12:03am On Jun 05, 2010
Not only are we now buying Fuel for 65 Naira, there has been no fuel scarcity since Jonathan assumed full control.

Looks like there were people benefiting heavily from the long queues Nigerians were facing.
Re: Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? by marvix(m): 12:34am On Jun 05, 2010
Its due to the hard work of Umaru Musa YarAdua the man a lot of people on this forum love to hate. He set the foundation he set up a committee to recommend price of petroleum products and the committee consists of marketers, labour representatives and govt officials and if we all rememba durin the heated strike over d increases made by Obj just b4 leavin office Yaradua promised dat he wont increase the price unless everyone was in agreement that was the condition he gave when he pleaded with labour to accept 70 naira as against d 65naira they were insisting on and that was after he had reversed the sale of the refineries and the increase in the VAT that Obj effected just before leaving offices, it may also interest you to know that the refineries are working now even if not upto 100%.

Jonathan is able to achieve a lot because Yaradua has laid a beta foundation for him what Obj failed to lay for Yaradua.
Re: Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? by PapaBrowne(m): 1:20am On Jun 05, 2010
marvix:

Its due to the hard work of Umaru Musa YarAdua the man a lot of people on this forum love to hate. He set the foundation he set up a committee to recommend price of petroleum products and the committee consists of marketers, labour representatives and govt officials and if we all rememba durin the heated strike over d increases made by Obj just b4 leavin office Yaradua promised dat he wont increase the price unless everyone was in agreement that was the condition he gave when he pleaded with labour to accept 70 naira as against d 65naira they were insisting on and that was after he had reversed the sale of the refineries and the increase in the VAT that Obj effected just before leaving offices, it may also interest you to know that the refineries are working now even if not upto 100%.

[b]Jonathan is able to achieve a lot because Yaradua has laid a beta foundation for him[/b] what Obj failed to lay for Yaradua.

Marvix, you are joking right?. No disrespect intended. But seriously, what are you talking about??
Yar Adua was here for 3 years laying foundations abi?? Please stop talking rubbish. Yar Adua left the running of Nigeria to his cronies and they messed things up badly in order to gain from the rot.
Jonathan chased them away and everything is by itself getting corrected. All the fuel scarcities were created by those that benefit from it. Those guys are no more in power, hence things automatically returned to normal.
Stop talking this" YarAdua did this Yar Adua did that nonsense". Everybody knows he was sick, so we forgive his poor performance. You don't need to come here and start talking crap about laying foundations.
Re: Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jun 05, 2010
Its happening everywhere. . . . something is going on. Well, enjoy it while you can
Re: Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? by newintexas: 2:13am On Jun 05, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Marvix, you are joking right?. No disrespect intended. But seriously, what are you talking about??
Yar Adua was here for 3 years laying foundations abi?? Please stop talking rubbish. Yar Adua left the running of Nigeria to his cronies and they messed things up badly in order to gain from the rot.
Jonathan chased them away and everything is by itself getting corrected. All the fuel scarcities were created by those that benefit from it. Those guys are no more in power, hence things automatically returned to normal.
Stop talking this" YarAdua did this Yar Adua did that nonsense". Everybody knows he was sick, so we forgive his poor performance. You don't need to come here and start talking crap about laying foundations.
You have written all I was thinking when I read this his reply, When people reason like this it makes me wonder if Nigeria will ever move forward.
Re: Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? by Eddeux(m): 3:15am On Jun 05, 2010
Lord I hope the price of fuel goes up, too cheap imo here in America. I'm surprised it's not up from the BP incident currently present in the Gulf of Mexico. I bet hope that gas prices will be between $6-$10 dollars a gallon by 2020. We need more people driving hybrids/electric cars (when they are launched of course).
Re: Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? by mamman4: 6:11am On Jun 05, 2010
how much is the price of fuel currently
Re: Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? by blackmann(m): 11:52am On Jun 05, 2010
Eddeux:

Lord I hope the price of fuel goes up, too cheap imo here in America. I'm surprised it's not up from the BP incident currently present in the Gulf of Mexico. I bet hope that gas prices will be between $6-$10 dollars a gallon by 2020. We need more people driving hybrids/electric cars (when they are launched of course).

Are u high on some cheap crack? Or are u just being sarcastic? even at the $3.00 it is here in the state i'm in, pple still complain alot and most have resorted to going to work by bus. do you know how much pple in America pay on gas alone? Why are u praying for it to get to $10? i hope u are being sarcastic.
Re: Why Is The Price Of Fuel Down? by ePAYSYSTEM(m): 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2010
I also think taskforce on petroleum within the states are working well. I know in Abia they seal filling stations fast. Competition too helps since the commodity is available. But what I am not too sure about is the correctness of the metres that sell the controp price

(1) (Reply)

First Lady Scolds Governor Amaechi In Public / Who Is A Terrorist? What Is Terrorism? / Like Him Or Not, Obj Is A Great Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.