Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,140 members, 7,863,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:48 AM

Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (54030 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 84% (184 votes)
Draw: 6% (14 votes)
Lose: 9% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2010
obinna5000:

I have seen teams win and draw matches with 10 men.

thank you wise one.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by EEVICTOREE(m): 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
If u're not on facebook u are missing real,

They now declear Kaita the Most Wanted Player

MOST WANTED PLAYER IN 9JA, lol

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by jalether(m): 6:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
mikeansy:

tkb417

So in your view NFF has played no part in our failure at this world cup?

How have they played any part. Are Obasi, Kaita, Odiah and Yakubu NFF members? If Kaita hadn't been silly and Obasi/yak took the golden

chance to score and beat the greek. I wonder if the NFF would have been brought up in the post match debate undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by astuto: 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
Letter of Apology from Kaita:
Fellow Nigerians,
I am sorry for my earlier action today. I thought i was protected. I heard that there were 64 PDP senators on hand to back me up, so i acted in full Sharia might.
I meant to break his leg, but i did not get it well.
I have heard that my repeated inclusion for 90 minutes is opposed by many back home, but dont mind them. they're mainly southerners who are jealous of my right in Super Eagles' Federal character scheme.
Thank you for your understanding. I promise to do the Nation proud and score in the next match which i know i'll play (we shall bribe FIFA to overturn the red card) and collect my 100,000USD.
Long live Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by no1madman(m): 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
y una still dey call dem super eagles. .there's nothin super about them. .simply call dem toto eagles because they played like
p . . .u . . .s .  . .s . .y.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
mikeansy:

tkb417

what have NFF done this time, is this not giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 6:37pm On Jun 17, 2010
it seems the osaze fan boys have died down.

seems football isn't just about heart after all. you need some talent too, word to danny shittu grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 17, 2010
jalether:

How have they played any part. Are Obasi, Kaita, Odiah and Yakubu NFF members?

Really?

you honestly believe mordern football is all about throwing 11 players into the field and hoping to win?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2010
astuto:

Letter of Apology from Kaita:
Fellow Nigerians,
I am sorry for my earlier action today. I thought i was protected. I heard that there were 64 PDP senators on hand to back me up, so i acted in full Sharia might.
I meant to break his leg, but i did not get it well.
I have heard that my repeated inclusion for 90 minutes is opposed by many back home, but dont mind them. they're mainly southerners who are jealous of my right in Super Eagles' Federal character scheme.
Thank you for your understanding. I promise to do the Nation proud and score in the next match which i know i'll play (we shall bribe FIFA to overturn the red card) and collect my 100,000USD.
Long live Nigeria.

you have spoken well
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2010
mikeansy:

tkb417

No sir

The players missed the goal, got the red card grin grin grin

Organisation of football is bad in the country but even those that are supposed to be suffering from it are doing wonderfully well
Kano Pillars and the local teams are doing well in the continent

we have been suffering from this organisational malaise for a long time but now we are just short of talents
i dont know how NFF would have helped in making our players play in good teams like Barca, UTD, Real and co
thts the only panacea to the rot in SE
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Amhatu(m): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2010
tkb417:

what are u saying? do u understand football at all b4 i waste my time

was Mourhinho under contract when he was fired? Benitez? Ramos? Zola?
and whats the meaning of sack sef?
It is usually an unceremonious or forceful rejection of someone who was legally engaged
so a sack would definitely contravene stipulated and signed agreements hence the need for compensation
Amodu can eat grass for all i care, he started the rot in the team

i dont wanna do amodu talk here
lets talk about kaita, Yakubu and Obasi
You can insult me all you want, I understand well. It really is a shame what NFF has done.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Gayigaskia(m): 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2010
If all the players in that SE are playing with heart just like Keita , Nigeria would have won the game. Kaita sending off was just a bad luck , but rememder what Roy Keane said after Henry hand ball against his country (irland) "sure it was a hand ball but why the players didn't clear the ball? After Kaita was sent off there was a lot of time left for us to make changes , not just the coach but the players also needed to change their attitude and play with heart and patriotism in mind.

This is the main problem Patriotism lack to 90% of Nigerians. That's why these Eagles will always disappoint.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by supaeagles(m): 6:40pm On Jun 17, 2010
Lagerback has done a decent job, the team at least looks like they have intent (compared to the slow pace they played in the qualifiers)
We have a good chance of beating s korea if we play the same way we played for first 32 mins in today's game and Enyeama is superman!
(Only thing i fear is that we will win our last game only for greece to equalize in the last second against argentina, have to sacrifice fowl in my backyard tonight!)
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 6:41pm On Jun 17, 2010
bawomolo:

it seems the osaze fan boys have died down.

seems football isn't just about heart after all. you need some talent too, word to danny shittu  grin

leave osaze alone he don't deserve any trashing we know the losers and haters.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 6:42pm On Jun 17, 2010
Amhatu:

You can insult me all you want, I understand well. It really is a shame what NFF has done.
no, i didnt insult you o
no vex if it comes across as insult
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by jalether(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2010
mikeansy:

Really?

you honestly believe mordern football is all about throwing 11 players into the field and hoping to win?

We lost due to stupid decision/indiscipline and inability to convert our chances esp the Obasi/Yak one. SIMPLES. this has nothing to do with the NFF

Obasi, yak and kaita must take major, if not full responsibility for this defeat
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by GeorgeD1(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2010
and so the circus continues. next 4 years will be the same story:

local coach qualifies the national team, then last minute a foreign coach appears on the scene.
he picks players based on the local coach's established criteria, collects 6 months salary upfront,
goes to the world cup, loses all three matches and absconds from there.

when will we ever learn as a nation?  angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Amhatu(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2010
Let NFF know and remember the Nigerian who can not go see thier team play before spending money on usless Lagerback
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Blenheim(m): 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2010
"We have worked very hard in training and the attitude of the players gives confidence that we can get the result to make Nigerians happy,” said Lagerback at yesterday’s press briefing held after the Eagles had their first feel of the Free State Stadium, Bloemfontein venue of today’s make or break encounter.
While acknowledging that they had not undertaken any special training for set pieces considering that that is what let them down against Argentina, Lagerback said they had tried very hard to be ready for whatever game plan Greece’s German coach, Otto Rehhagel, comes up with today.
He defended the presence of Sani Kaita in the team, insisting that the Alania Vladikavkaz of Russia star was contributing immensely to the team’s effort.“I’m very satisfied with his (Kaita’s) performance. He brings the much-needed balance to the team. He puts in everything to help the success of the team,” said the 61-year-old tactician who admitted he was in the dark over his future with the Super Eagles.

Source: http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=176028

My Comment: I get the balance part now!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2010
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2010
George_D:

local coach qualifies the national team, then last minute a foreign coach appears on the scene.
he picks players based on the local coach's established criteria, collects 6 months salary upfront,

what are u talking about man
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by 9jafreak: 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2010
[size=14pt]Imagine o

The players were running to collect Shirts against Greece

ABSOLUTE INSANITY
[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tkb417(m): 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2010
Amhatu:

Let NFF know and remember the Nigerian who can not go see thier team play before spending money on usless Lagerback
are u requesting for insults with ur crazy posts grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by jalether(m): 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2010
George_D:

Was the foreign coach responsible for the Kaita red card and yak/obasi's mediocrity in front of goal?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by heryyy(m): 6:46pm On Jun 17, 2010
[size=20pt]Give me back my BEER and take ur LAGERBACK[/size] grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by lagbaja(m): 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2010
i dont think keita deserved to be given a red, he did not kick the guy, it was a defensive reflex. watch the video again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1ExbXuWNug
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by obinna5000(m): 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2010
Vincent Enyeama is the Man of the Match and Sani Kaita automatically becomes Most Wanted Man in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 6:47pm On Jun 17, 2010
tkb417:

are u requesting for insults with your crazy posts grin grin

ask am oh
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2010
obinna5000:

Vincent Enyeama is the Man of the Match and Sani Kaita automatically becomes Most Wanted Man in Nigeria.

true talk
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2010
oK just daw the video. kaita did not touch the man. yall need TO LEAVE KAITA ALONE. the silly greek guy was not touched and he jumped to the floor in simulation of being attacked. if anything yall should be on the refrees case. kAITA IS INNOCENT  angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2010
buzugee:

oK just daw the video. kaita did not touch the man. yall need TO LEAVE KAITA ALONE. the silly greek guy was not touched and he jumped to the floor in simulation of being attacked. if anything yall should be on the refrees case. kAITA IS INNOCENT  angry

in football u learn to control ur temper we are not in battle field kaita was booked not because he touch the guy but because he exhibited act of premeditated violence against the greek player
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by kasilly(m): 6:53pm On Jun 17, 2010
Nigeria defeated greece 2-1 in 1994 world cup but that is when nigerian player are playing with all there heart but now they play 4 fortune not 4 the glory of this noble country  any way it is not their fault N.F.F are to be blame
ucysiz:

what have NFF done this time, is this not giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it.
                            na lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (53) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Iceland 2-0 Goals And Highlights (Video) / Photos: Man Runs Mad, Goes Unclad After Winning N1m In Sportbet / AFCON: Kenneth Omeruo And Chidozie Awaziem Tested For Drugs After Cameroon Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.