Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup (53898 Views)

Poll: What will Nigeria do

Win: 84% (184 votes)
Draw: 6% (14 votes)
Lose: 9% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / 2014 WC Qualifier : Malawi Vs Nigeria (1 - 1) On June 9 2012 / Nigeria Vs Argentina: [0 - 1] On June 12, 2010 @ World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 17, 2010
By the way folks should stop this lynching of Sani Kaita

When a team is playing crap players are most vulnerable to desperation and rash challenges.

I believe Kaita is as angry as all of us,

I personally still believe he is a good player.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by CLT123(m): 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
Fu ck the man that doesn't sing our national anthem fu ck the man that doesn't start Martins. Fu ck Lagerback
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:14pm On Jun 17, 2010
tayo_ast:

SANI KAITA

don't ever mention that name here again
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Gayigaskia(m): 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
mikeansy:

When a team is playing crap players are most vulnerable to desperation and rash challenges.

Thank you
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by talk2docee: 7:16pm On Jun 17, 2010
must super(chicken)eagles wait for permutations and combinations before they qualify for major competitions?as for keita, he sholudnt come back home after south korea match, OR ELSE,
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2010
mikeansy:

my grudge against him is his inability to control his temper.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Remii(m): 7:17pm On Jun 17, 2010
otokx:

People are wailing in the streets; they want to have their hands on Kaita.

What of Obasi that was unable to score a goal in an open net, we should stop all these trbalism, the goals table would have been 3 -1 if another of your so called aboki, Haruna, was not at the goal post to kick out the ball.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by otokx(m): 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2010
The coach is very much to blame; he had no strategy at all. We were 1 up then a red card and he continues like all is well, then we go 1 - 1 and he continues like all is well, then 1 - 2 and then he starts pointing like a wizard.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tayoast(m): 7:18pm On Jun 17, 2010
any1 c Yobo's post match comments??

Wat a disgraceful captain!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2010
talk2docee:

must super(chicken)eagles wait for permutations and combinations before they qualify for major competitions?as for keita, he sholudnt come back home after south korea match, OR ELSE,  

enough heartbreak i should stop watching this super whatever match
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by mafioso2(m): 7:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
[size=23pt]New word has been added to the Dictionary."KAITA" "noun' someone who single handedly hinder the hope of his country for reason best known to him. "Kaita" can be use in place of words like Jeopardy, Hinder, Sabotage, Disrupt, Antagonist, fool etc. [/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by otokx(m): 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
Please put the transcript here so that we all can see it - that is what YOBO said.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Gayigaskia(m): 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
ucysiz:

my grudge against him is his inability to control his temper.

how many times did u see him loose his temper? it was just unlucky and i think the referee was harsh.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2010
mafioso2:

[size=23pt]New word has been added to the Dictionary."KAITA" "noun' someone who single handedly hinder the hope of his country for reason best known to him. "Kaita" can be use in place of words like Jeopardy, Hinder, Sabotage, Disrupt, Antagonist, fool etc. [/size]

will like to have a copy of that dictionary.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by rickie4us(m): 7:23pm On Jun 17, 2010
[size=18pt]though, this loss is quite painful, but then, it has brought out Enyeama even more as a very good keeper. How do you expect a man that was exposed to about 50 shots at goal and could not save only 2 not be called the man of the match?
To me, he is likely to receive the award of the safest hand in the competition[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 7:23pm On Jun 17, 2010
The coach is very much to blame; he had no strategy at all. We were 1 up then a red card and he continues like all is well, then we go 1 - 1 and he continues like all is well, then 1 - 2 and then he starts pointing like a wizard.

Look he change to 4 4 1 but in the long run when you dont have the ball you are going to tire, then players started dropping like flies oh thats the managers fault as well,

This is the result of our FIRE SERVICE APPROACH TO THINGS, quick fix does not occur in football
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Rhydem: 7:24pm On Jun 17, 2010
Lagerback has truly deceived us, or has NFF deceived us.

A man cannot be blamed for only having 3 months with his team. NFF blame?

We played ultra defensive against an ultra defensive team, ZONAL MARKING Na-Wo with Yobo?! Mr. Lack of concentration!. Lagerback to blame?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jun 17, 2010
>>>> >>>>  SPEECHLESS!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by tayoast(m): 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2010
mafioso2:

New word has been added to the Dictionary."KAITA" "noun' someone who single handedly hinder the hope of his country for reason best known to him. "Kaita" can be use in place of words like Jeopardy, Hinder, Sabotage, Disrupt, Antagonist, fool etc.

ova 2 d jokes section  cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by scantee(m): 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2010
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Basseti: 7:27pm On Jun 17, 2010
Gayigaskia:

how many times did u see him loose his temper? it was just unlucky and i think the referee was harsh.

U think the referee was harsh?    undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

What is harsh about it??

Most off the ball incidents are punished severely  by referees , U know why, it reeks of malice.

Raising ur cleats to eye level is a punishable offence.

Now combine that with aiming ur boot with anger and venom at an opponent in an off the ball incident and explain to me why Kaita shouldnt see red.

The referee did his job. Kaita acted on impulse and paid for it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by omar22(m): 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2010

We played ultra defensive against an ultra defensive team. Lagerback to blame?

and how did he deceive us?

He applied for the job and they gave it to him, everyone knows that Sweden was built to be compact in the end our players do not have the discipline to carry out simple instruction
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 17, 2010
Gayigaskia:

Like I said, I don't think Sani Kaita should be lynched. But a red card offence is a red card offence.

What Kaita did was a clear red card and very unfortunate. But it is part of a litany of failures surrounding our team and should not be treated in isolation.

I am not disappointed that we are on our way home. It could be good for Nigerian football if we react very well to this failure. Let the current NFF be disbanded.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 7:30pm On Jun 17, 2010
Rhydem:

We played ultra defensive against an ultra defensive team, ZONAL MARKING Na-Wo with Yobo?! Mr. Lack of concentration!. Lagerback to blame?

greece stopped being ultra defensive after their first substitution. we were playing decently until the loss of one man.

i hope kaita can get over this emotionally.  he won't sleep so well today
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2010
rickie4us:

[size=18pt]though, this loss is quite painful, but then, it has brought out Enyeama even more as a very good keeper. How do you expect a man that was exposed to about 50 shots at goal and could not save only 2 not be called the man of the match?
To me, he is likely to receive the award of the safest hand in the competition[/size]

Enyeama is a hero any time any day
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Rhydem: 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2010
omar22:

and how did he deceive us?

He applied for the job and they gave it to him, everyone knows that Sweden was built to be compact in the end our players do not have the discipline to carry out simple instruction

He deceived us sha, the way he go talk about big improvement, within the team that they can go to semi-finals (Stupid enough oyinbo man, go cober my eyes with wool and I believed Nigeria had made BIG improvements with guy (not semi-final improvements)). Okay we may have saw slight improvement in discipline (bar the Kaita idiocy)

He does not know Nigerian football it is as simple as that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
Ziggy_mama:

>>>> >>>>  SPEECHLESS!

my kinda man is here lets play and get over this unfortunate loss
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Finecat(m): 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2010
Nigeria can still qualify, send Lagerbeer to wherever he's from and fly Amodu to SA first thing in the morning.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by ucysiz(m): 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
Finecat:

Nigeria can still qualify, send Lagerbeer to wherever he's from and fly Amodu to SA first thing in the morning.

Amodu is not qualified to coach niger tornadoes talk-less of super chicken
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Rhydem: 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
Nobody is praising Shittu sha, despite him being so unfit and has not played football competitively for a while, see how he chase one guy from his centre to the right side and did slide tackle.

He played with the Super Eagles on his sleeve him and Enyeama did very well, extremely well. Even at the end they were emotionally hurt, whilst others went and collected t-shirts against those that have never won a world cup game before. ODE!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by bawomolo(m): 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2010
Finecat:

yup amodu's arrival would transform yobo and shittu into studs and make up for the loss of mikel in the midfield.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece: [1 - 2] On June 17, 2010 @ World Cup by Finecat(m): 7:37pm On Jun 17, 2010
Can you believe it? Sani Kaita is on the front page of yahoo news coverage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (53) (Reply)

Fans Hail Lionel Messi For Dribbling Top Players (Photos) / Outrage As 'white Lives Matter' Plane Flies Over Man City Vs Burnley Match / U-17 FIFA World Cup: Nigeria Vs Chile 5 - 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.