Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,630 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! (1155 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Buhari Has Done What No Nigerian President Has Ever Done / EndSARS: Mr. President Has Spoken And He Means Every Word - Laolu Akande / Dele Momodu On Buhari Suspension Of Onnoghen: 'Our President Has Done It Again' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by tomakint: 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2018
THE CONTROVERSIAL PRESIDENT HAS COME OUT AGAIN!

Nigerians from all spheres of life were eager to listen and watch their president sign the much awaited 2018 appropriation bill into law in Wednesday 20th June, 2018 in a joyous and appropriate manner that the whole world will for once again remember and accord our Dear Country a respect.

Unfortunately, our name calling President Buhari as usual goofed again, by telling Nigerians and the entire world that he was arm twisted to sign the 2018 appropriation bill into law. I am sadden, disappointed and felt seriously ashamed to listen to this president called Buhari passing blame as usual. I am surprised ever than before this time around because I discovered from the president's speech that he is uneducated, uninformed, uncivilized and lack experience in piloting a democratic state. In that president's speech, Buhari revealed to the world and Nigerians that he does not have the information about separation of powers, rule of law and the contents of the Nigerian Constitution which he sworn to abide, rule with and protect on 29th May, 2015.
From the president's speech I also discovered these other loopholes:

1. President Buhari is not aware that the National Assembly is empowered to scrutinized a presented bill in order to make necessary adjustments and corrections. For President Buhari sees these as tempering, padding or trespassing by the people elected Legislators.

2. President Buhari sees the lawmakers as bunch of idiots, zombies, or dafts who does not possess any knowledge, experience or skills that could make them discovered any short comings in the presented appropriation bill.

3. President Buhari shows the world that he is very rude, proud and having a domineering spirit in him and that was why he was expecting the legislators not to amend any aspect of the presented bill and was hoping to received an approved budget the same way it was presented to the National Assembly.

4. I discovered also that President Buhari was crying wolf where there is non by saying that he was not willing to sign but was compelled to ( I don't know those ruling or controlling or forcing him to sign now). That false alarm is a sign that our President is not a good leader by training, experience and personal ability, for a good leader must be calm and cool headed even in difficult time.

5. Again, President Buhari shows the world and observing Nigerians that his blametocratic and demonizing of opposition and National Assembly members is one of his topmost priority. Or what should we call placing of constituency projects into budget a crime ? Are those constituency projects not meant for Nigerian masses? Or is proposing good projects for someone constituency now corruption in this present government?

6. The last strike that broke the horse back was the statement from President Buhari that he was not sure about implementing the much talked about and much anticipated budget. Mind you, this frightening statement will definitely frightens investors and we can be rest assured of its negative impact on our economy. Alas, since the President is not certain definitely the development, progress and promotion of Nigeria for 2018 is uncertain. What a government under President Buhari!

To round up, I decided to put up this write up to let Buhari and his admirers to know that not every Nigerians belong to the fools category. I know by training, by reading, by experience, by information and by the present economic hardship, how a government ought to be run and what a head of state and government should say and character he should, by my scale you failed in all. I am not among the cowards who are afraid to speak the truth, stand for the truth and stand by the truth, for the truth is bitter and must be said by someone who knows it's value. To you reading this my write up, do remember that if you are afraid to speak out against tyranny and injustice, YOU ARE STILL A SLAVE!

Comrade Oluwafemi Timilehin Nweke
Writes from Igbara OKE, Ondo State.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156857939472841&id=595332840
Re: The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by Pabloosas(m): 3:05am On Jun 22, 2018
8 lipsrsealed
Re: The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by AZeD1(m): 4:57am On Jun 22, 2018
tomakint:

To round up, I decided to put up this write up to let Buhari and his admirers to know that not every Nigerians belong to the fools category. I know by training, by reading, by experience, by information and by the present economic hardship, how a government ought to be run and what a head of state and government should say and character he should, by my scale you failed in all.

Its sad that I had to read this IQ reducing post but this last part is so laughable I decided to comment. There's a saying that you can force a horse to the river, but you can force it to drink water.

The constitution has given the National assembly the power to add and make amendments to the budget as they deem fit, but the power of execution still lies with the executive. The president and his team are the ones who would prioritize the capital projects and release funds not the National Assembly.
With half the year already gone, the President can decide not to release funds for projects added by the National Assembly and nothing would happen.

I do agree with you though, the President isn't wise. He should have kept his mouth shut and ignored the projects added by the National Assembly.
Re: The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by Tarzan360(m): 5:31am On Jun 22, 2018
The president come from lying and propaganda to rule a nation and position himself with a lying information minister, so let him continue lying
Re: The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by magoo10(m): 6:10am On Jun 22, 2018
Imagine the dullard saying that he was forced to sign the budget just because the national assembly carried out that their duty .

I wonder how the world views Nigeria right now
Re: The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 6:48am On Jun 22, 2018
AZeD1:

Its sad that I had to read this IQ reducing post but this last part is so laughable I decided to comment. There's a saying that you can force a horse to the river, but you can force it to drink water.

The constitution has given the National assembly the power to add and make amendments to the budget as they deem fit, but the power of execution still lies with the executive. The president and his team are the ones who would prioritize the capital projects and release funds not the National Assembly.
With half the year already gone, the President can decide not to release funds for projects added by the National Assembly and nothing would happen.

I do agree with you though, the President isn't wise. He should have kept his mouth shut and ignored the projects added by the National Assembly.
Re: The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by Histrings08(m): 6:56am On Jun 22, 2018
All this points begged for questions buh there's nothing we can do about it... Apc will still rig 2019 election
Re: The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by SalamRushdie: 7:11am On Jun 22, 2018
The truth is that from time immemorial Buhari has never believes in democracy and the rule of law , he is a believer in strong man governance where one man abrogates every single authority to himself and uses to mistreat other...Secondly he has never been a believer in budget ( check his budget implementation records since the 80s) Buhari believes govt funds should be available to the strongman leader when ever he wants to access it and nobody should be able to question him on his expenditure just the way he is running the current subsidy abi na under recovery regime in total secrecy and no appropriation from any legal source
Re: The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by Paperwhite(m): 7:14am On Jun 22, 2018
Buhari is still confirming that his is a clueless president.Since he failed to refused signing the alleged highly "padded" budget but did same & thereafter started to cry foul as usual.
Later his handlers will tell Nigerians that Buhari didn't know.
Re: The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by oddessey007(m): 8:12am On Jun 22, 2018
What a crap of write up is this for goodness sake....... The writer's assumption sold him out. A rational human being ought to know that a reaction begets an action, our innate capabilities function differently and perception differs. According to Sun Tzu art of war “Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.”...... This is a form deception used by people with intentions to achieve success. Some people can't even manage their house and family yet blame others.
If by NASS standards of budget cutting and padding is a borne of contention, despite all the allocation allotted to them in successive years. Then our reasoning should be questioned whether or not to continue the business as usual or look for a solution to this impasse. Shalom!!!
Re: The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by magoo10(m): 8:28am On Jun 22, 2018
Buhari is a mistake dazzall
Re: The Controversial President Has Come Out Again! by buchilino(m): 8:47am On Jun 22, 2018
HOW CAN NIGERIANS FORGET SO SOON.

1. They ask you to account for £2.8 billion PTF funds in 1983 you plot and oust a democratically elected govt.

2. They ask you to encourage fulanis to obey grazing laws in Oyo state in 1989 you threaten more fulani attacks on farmers in Oyo state.

3. They ask you to obey election guidelines and respect election outcome, you threaten that the monkey and bamboo will be soaked in their own blood.

4. They ask you to make a comment about the ruthless Abacha regime, you score it the best in Nigeria history and that Abacha was never corrupt.

5. They ask you to declare your assets, you say it is not compulsory but quick at persecuting those who declared theirs.

6. They asked you to fight and defeat Boko Haram but you came to power and released their members that were earlier detained by the last Administration.

7. They ask you to show your School Certificate as a prerequisite to be President of Nigeria, as an elected President you hire 15 SANS to defend you in court.

8. They ask you to declare your health status, you say it is your privacy.

9. They ask you to account for how much the government is subsidizing your health and how much specifically it cost Nigeria to park a government private jet in UK for months, you say Nigerians have no right to know.

10. They ask you to obey the federal character article as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution, you populate your government with brothers, uncles, nephews, cousins, etc

11. They ask you to be President of all Nigerians, you state that you can only give more to the 95% who voted for you.

12. They ask you to reign in the very murderous Metti Allah aka Herdsmen as their Grand Patron, you say they only carry sticks.

13. They ask you to declare Herdsmen (who have killed more than Boko Haram) as terrorists like you gleefully pronounced IPOB, you defend the activities of the Herdsmen and state that they are from Libya.

14. You where invited to Oputa panel to testify, you claim the panel has no right to invite you.

15. You claim you detest corrupt people, yet your jobless son could afford a N50m worth of motorbike.

16. You claim you are fighting corruption, you win your election through proceeds of corruption (including the resources of those being persecuted today) and still harbouring and shielding all the corrupt elements in your government.

17. You claim you loaned money with which you bought your presidential election form, but all your children went to school abroad.

18. You claim to obey the rule of law but Dasuki and others have remained detained despite several court orders to the contrary.

19. They ask you to fulfill your electoral promises, obey the rule of law and generally provide dividends of Democracy, you go after other arms of government, perceived and imagined opponents/foes.

20. You want the Senate President arrested because some dare devil armed robbers claim they are his political thugs when you have not been arrested for being the Grand Patron of the muderours Metti Allah aka Herdsmen that you defend at every given opportunity.

21 You claim to belong to everybody and nobody, but you appoint all service chiefs and heads of security agencies from one part of the country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kwankwaso: I Can Guarantee PDP That I Will Beat Buhari If Given The Chance / People Coming From Niger Rep. For Voter's Registration Involved In Accident.PICS / Oby Ezekwesili To Run For President, Says Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.