Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,883 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup (9740 Views)

Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Inside John Obi Mikel's House - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Nija4Life(m): 10:38am On Jun 05, 2010
Just been reported now on Sky sports news ~ possible aggravation of his knee injury. I'm not surprised, the guy is not fully fit and I'm not a big fan anyway as I don't see what he offers to the team. I hope Anichebe can be recalled.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Olaolufred(m): 10:44am On Jun 05, 2010
Call Anichebe back now.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tempest01(m): 10:45am On Jun 05, 2010
Bad news if true.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 05, 2010
Chelsea curse continues as midfielder sidelined through injury

Nigeria midfielder John Obi Mikel has been ruled out of the World Cup amid fears over his recovery from knee surgery.

Mikel becomes the latest Chelsea player to suffer World Cup heartache with Michael Ballack and Michael Essien unavailable for Germany and Ghana and with Didier Drogba's tournament with Ivory Coast in severe doubt.

The 23-year-old missed the closing weeks of the domestic season as the Blues clinched a Premier League and FA Cup double after going under the knife to cure a knee complaint.

And he will not feature at this summer's showpiece in South Africa despite being named in the 23-man squad after informing his country that he did not want to risk his long-term recovery.

"We have dropped Mikel from the World Cup squad after he told the team he did not want to put his career at risk as his knee injury has yet to fully heal after a recent surgery," team official Emmanuel Attah revealed on Saturday morning.

Mikel is likely to be replaced by one of the seven players dropped from coach Lars Lagerback's squad at their training camp in England last Monday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/world-cup-2010/story/0,27032,12098_6192219,00.html
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Kudanis(m): 10:57am On Jun 05, 2010
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by CLT123(m): 11:00am On Jun 05, 2010
We have dropped Mikel from the World Cup squad after he told the team he did not want to put his career at risk.

The guy is not injured. He is scared or reinjuring it. I wont be suprised if someone from Chelsea called him and pursuaded him not to play for Nigeria.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 05, 2010
CLT123:

The guy is not injured. He is scared or reinjuring it. I wont be suprised if someone from Chelsea called him and pursuaded him not to play for Nigeria.

Most professional footballers are quite passionate about representing their countries at the WC2010. Even the aspiring ones talk about flying the flag if given the chance. Do you think he'd gladly give up his role knowing he could manage the injury?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tosinaded(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2010

no carry that one come o. . . .

pity for mikel sha. .every player wants to play at the world cup!!!!
call back another midfielder abeg!
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2010
CLT123:

Only a fool will give up the chance of playing in the world cup.

I hope this is not true that he has been ruled out from the world cup entirely. If it is, I am very sorry for Mikel. It is heart breaking.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by CLT123(m): 11:17am On Jun 05, 2010
Most professional footballers are quite passionate about representing their countries at the WC2010. Even the aspiring ones talk about flying the flag if given the chance. Do you think he'd gladly give up his role knowing he could manage the injury?

Look at Mikel's career. He has been known for not being patriotic about his country. The guy did not want to play for Nigeria in the olympics. Im not saying the guy is not injured. Im just saying his injury is not bad enough that he will miss the World Cup. Look at Drogba. He wants to play with a broken elbow.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 05, 2010
CLT123:

Look at Mikel's career. He has been known for not being patriotic about his country. The guy did not want to play for Nigeria in the olympics. Im not saying the guy is not injured. Im just saying his injury is not bad enough that he will miss the World Cup. Look at Drogba. He wants to play with a broken elbow.

Why will he play in the Nations cup 6 months ago, in the qualifier but then not in world cup

You are sounding very cynical and ridiculous . . .give it up!!!
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by MeGaStReEt: 11:20am On Jun 05, 2010
Mikel Why? Why Why Why WHy??

Why did you do this to me, Why?

I feel realy bad right now, mem[i] i need a glass full of red wine now[/i]
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Marhoski(m): 11:21am On Jun 05, 2010
and so the guy should go abeg, he hasnt showed quality in the green jersey lately
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 05, 2010
CLT123:

In that case, he would not have made a conscious effort to show up during the qualifiers if he was not passionate about representing his country. Afterall he could have played the home games against Kenya and Moz even with the ankle knock he picked up during the 3-1 loss to Wigan. Also in technical terms, a broken elbow is equivalent to a knee injury, shey? Guy, go siddon jare.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by princekevo(m): 11:28am On Jun 05, 2010
Please can someone ring Anichabe to come back?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by CapnCrunch: 11:32am On Jun 05, 2010
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by denony(m): 11:38am On Jun 05, 2010
i said it, someone who is not fit, who has never played a single for some time
Nigerians, we need to learn, now if i am all the droped players, i will not even answer your call.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by PurestBoy(m): 11:39am On Jun 05, 2010
Thank God because He's A Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish, Now We Have Hope of Beating Argentina
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by chidichris(m): 11:41am On Jun 05, 2010
and so the guy should go abeg, he hasnt showed quality in the green jersey lately

Thank God because He's A Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish, Now We Have Hope of Beating Argentina

@Marhoski/PurestBoy,
at least ur father or mother will have opportunity now to show nigerians their qualities.
u are an abnormal goat.
i expect to see more of ur type who come to celebrate in the sorrow of mikel and well meaning nigerians.
it is nice to know that the departure of mikel now exposes nigerian super eagles to the best chances of winning the trophy.

@clt123,
may God forgive u.
remember, what u plant is what u reap. on ur day of pain, u will definitely meet ppl with the same opinion like u have displayed here.

@topic,
God knows the best and i share in the pains of mikel. getting to south africa and not playing in the game. easy brother.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by PurestBoy(m): 11:44am On Jun 05, 2010
@Chidi:, What's your problem anytime Mikel's name is being mentioned? Is he the one paying your internet bill or what?? You're getting crazy and u don't just know that. Don't I have right to my opinion again. Anuofia
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by PurestBoy(m): 11:47am On Jun 05, 2010
This foolish boi must have been sucking Mikel's d1ck lately, I guess u're connected to him and forward everything we say here to him so that he can send some pounds to you. HUNGRY GOAT. Iya la ya ba ba e, omo ale
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by 12large: 11:49am On Jun 05, 2010
ohhhhh as much as i hate mikel sidepasses/backpasses for chelsea, sometimes the guy gives good world class true passes for naija, had it been that we had rabiu ibrahim i would say mikel would not be missed. so now haruna lukman should know that he has a lot of responsibility, that guy should not get sent off ohhh. anyway our hope in this world cup lies in the hands of wingers and strikers
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tempest01(m): 11:55am On Jun 05, 2010
PurestBoy:

This foolish boi must have been sucking Mikel's d1ck lately, I guess u're connected to him and forward everything we say here to him so that he can send some pounds to you. HUNGRY GOAT. Iya la ya ba ba e, omo ale
At least u've got to admit even if he doesn't have enough quality going forward he has some ability when it comes to the holding role.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Matinho: 11:56am On Jun 05, 2010
Rabiu Ibrahim please,we need a playmaker.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by chidichris(m): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2010
@Chidi:, What's your problem anytime Mikel's name is being mentioned? Is he the one paying your internet bill or what?? You're getting crazy and u don't just know that. Don't I have right to my opinion again. Anuofia

@purestboy,
mikel is a progressive and i love progressives and i encourage those in the race to be progressive.
what i notice here is that envious fools have taken over this forum to display their frustrations.
look at the other fool(12large) and see him crying over spilt milk and then go through his opinion in other threads and appreciate the fact that envy is at work.
as long as u have this hatred for guys that are doing well, u will never do well. it is a natural law.
if mikel no play, will ur mama take his place? and u know the answer.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by MeGaStReEt: 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2010
@chidichris

abeg tell them,

I still cant understand why a brother will have so much hatred for his fellow countryman

wickedness in high places

I am scared of nigerians
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by PurestBoy(m): 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2010
chidichris:

@purestboy,
mikel is a progressive and i love progressives and i encourage those in the race to be progressive.
what i notice here is that envious fools have taken over this forum to display their frustrations.
look at the other fool(12large) and see him crying over spilt milk and then go through his opinion in other threads and appreciate the fact that envy is at work.
as long as u have this hatred for guys that are doing well, u will never do well. it is a natural law.
if mikel no play, will your mama take his place? and u know the answer.

The fact that I don't like his style of play doesn't mean I hate him as a person. He has not offended me in anyway and who am I to be offended. So I'm talking football wise and don't take things too personal or too far by insulting my parent. Everybody loves every footballers cos they bring us entertainment but you can hate a particular player's style of play. So get that into your empty brain and act like someone who is educated instead of insulting people's parent because they express they view about Mikel's style of play. Can your mother or father play ball too?? I need an answer, fucking slowpoke
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by tosinaded(m): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2010
chidi i dey ur papa back jor!!
any1 who hates sum1 for nothing is a bas.tard!
enemy of progress!!

chidi carry go jare. . . . . . . .
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by HNIC(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2010
While I am not Mikel's biggest fan,Sad to see him not make it to the Mundial.
You are not complete as a footballer, if u did not play at the World Cup(Just ask the players who have missed out)
He's still young and should be in form at the next one in 4 year's time.
Meanwhile , who will replace him?
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2010
HNIC:

While I am not Mikel's biggest fan,Sad to see him not make it to the Mundial.
You are not complete as a footballer, if u did not play at the World Cup(Just ask the players who have missed out)
He's still young and should be in form at the next one in 4 year's time.
Meanwhile , who will replace him?

Dickson Etuhu is his natural replacement in a dual defensive midfield with Sani Kaita.

Haruna Lukman should be the attacking midfielder except the coach has other ideas.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2010
Ideye Brown replaces Mikel

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1229093/index.html#ideye+replaces+mikel

Who is Ideye Brown exactly? I was finking Anichebe but wasnt the case.
Re: John Obi Mikel Out Of World Cup by PurestBoy(m): 12:27pm On Jun 05, 2010
tosinaded@:

chidi i dey your papa back jor!!
any1 who hates sum1 for nothing is a bas.tard!
enemy of progress!!

chidi carry go jare. . . . . . . .

U guys are fool of hatred, I don't hate him as a person but I just don't get impressed at his sidepasses and backpasses style of play and inability to move ball forward like Yaya Toure and A. Song do. My Igbo name is Obi so why should I hate him??  So tell Chidi to take it easy while defending him and not insulting people's parent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Manu Garba Throws In The Towel : Hints At Flying Eagles Exit / U20 WAFU Zone B: Agents Besiege Flying Eagles Camp Over Oladoye Adewale / Nigerian Officials Diverted $100,000 Meant For Women Basketball Team - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.