Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Bara And The Rest Of Us: Bayelsa Commissioner Joins Apc! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bara And The Rest Of Us: Bayelsa Commissioner Joins Apc! (421 Views)

PHOTO: Former Ambode's Commissioner Joins 2023 Lagos Governorship Race / Agatha Goma Is Dead! Bayelsa Commissioner Dies In Her Sleep (photo) / Lagos APC Doubts Ambode’s Loyalty As Commissioner Joins PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bara And The Rest Of Us: Bayelsa Commissioner Joins Apc! by DamiBukola: 11:44am On Jun 22, 2018
BARA AND THE REST OF US; The need for a culture of STRONG CHARACTER - George Turnah

Since the news of the historic decamping of Governor Dickson’s Commissioner of Youth Development Comrade Bara from his master’s party the PDP to the opposition APC in Bayelsa State, I have made several attempts to speak with him, but that hasn’t been possible yet as his calls are not answered, neither my missed calls returned. Unlike him anyway. Haven’t not heard from him, I will not be able to say whether he was right or wrong in his actions. However, it is his right to do what he did, and so committed no offense. My area of concern therefore, would just be the place of CHARACTER in Politics and Political Follower-ship.

My man came to political limelight in the state via Governor Dickson’s deliberate policy of building the young people (youth) of our dear state, and prepare them for political leadership, which in my view, is the right thing any good leader who thinks the future should truly and honestly do.

By all intent and purposes, Bara could easily pass for a “political godson” of Governor Henry Seriake Dickson having been so benevolently brought so close to the corridor of power, magnanimously showered with various critical state responsibilities, groomed and geometrically promoted in terms of political appointments and empowerment, the last being his most celebrated appointment into cabinet as Commissioner of youth development, making him about the youngest to have occupied the exalted office.

NOW, let me ask, is Bara Governor Dickson’s “boy”? The bitter answer is NO, he is not. Even where I tried to discuss him as a godson, I cleverly added “political” to the godson, and that is so because Governor Dickson has no hand in the early upbringing, buildup, training or making of the man Bara. Simply put, the paths of both men merely crossed as political partners, and the relationship is of mutual benefit to both parties. Governor Dickson needed a Bara politically to carryout a few assignments for him politically, some clean, some dirty. Did Bara deliver? Yes, I think so, considering the rewards that followed consistently, I should think he played his part very well. Now, did Bara feel he has been adequately rewarded for his services, my guess may be as good as yours. Let’s not forget that Bara has contributed immensely in achieving some of the success stories of the restoration government today, especially as it has to do with youth mobilization and utilization.

Now, let us not make any mistakes about the fact that the temptation to decamp to the APC is actually very strong even to some us, me inclusive. However, the CHARACTER to stay strong in loyalty and remain where your master is, to me, should be stronger.

Today, a dissatisfied “political godson” of Governor Dickson has just moved. Make no mistakes, there are several others, and I mean it, plenty of such “political godsons” and followers of the Leader of the Restoration Government that will take the path of Bara in the days to come. This is a free prophesy, and you can take it to the bank. I dare to say that in few days to come, especially as the Dickson days of glory gradually winds up, more and more Deacons, Deaconesses, Apostles, Disciples, Bishops, Arch Bishops, and Cardinals will depart from the Toru Orua born politician, and almost all of them, in a very heartbreaking posture, just like the Great Bara has done.

I am a proud godson, not “political godson” of Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR. My godfather discovered me in my very early days, and picked me up. He showed me the path of truth, Godliness and righteousness. He provided my needs as a little son, saw me through my University education as well as my professional qualifications at the level of the Nigerian Law School.

Upon graduation, my godfather sent me for leadership training by giving me a “small job” of an Assistant to a Head of one of Federal Government’s Parastatal, the NDDC, with a humble beginning salary of less than N800k a month. That was discipline instilled in me at it’s highest level. Remember, at the time, my godfather was the alfa and omega in Nigeria, and could have as well decided to pronounce me a Minister of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and the rest of us would have chorused, Ameeeeennnnnnnnnn.

Now the place of CHARACTER in loyalty and follower-ship is what makes the difference. Unfortunately, Governor Dickson has the worst set of hypocritical followers and following in the history of Nigeria and perhaps, the world. On each occasion I have had the privilege of discussing with very core followers and supporters of Governor Dickson in private, the kind of things that drips out of their mouth against and about their master most of the times, are mind bugling, capable of causing volcanic eruptions. Ironically, you see this same set of persons everywhere in the public singing and shouting Hallellujah Hallellujah Hallellujah, Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna.

Today, I am the most vilified, tormented, and persecuted Nigerian from our part of the Country and of the President Jonathan family.

Where and how did I get it wrong? Soon after we lost the Presidential elections of 2015, all my three bosses in NDDC at the time, the MD, the EDFA and the EDP all decamped to the now ruling APC. I was talked into joining them, but I chose the part of CHARACTER, and I declined.

Fast forward to Bayelsa Gubernatorial elections of 2015/2016 wherein, our Governor Seriake Dickson opted for a second term in Office. At the time, my office the NDDC, ran by my APC bosses had become the major sponsor and financier of the candidate of the opposition APC in the state. In my choice of STRONG CHARACTER, I stuck firmly and strongly with my godfather, my party the PDP, and our candidate, Governor Dickson.

How do we market our candidate, Governor Dickson to the Ogbia people who benefited nothing, I repeat, nothing in the first four years of Governor Dickson’s First term in office? I was available to be sent by my godfather, just as Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ was available to be sent by the FATHER.

At the time, I had just completed the remodeling and reconstruction of the Ogbia Brotherhood Hall and President Jonathan Center in Ogbia Town, the political headquarters of the Ogbia people. Getting Governor Dickson to come Commission this all important project, that touches the very heart of every Ogbia man, which I had done as charity using heard earned money from my personal small pocket (not government contract as some evil minds have continue to think and propagate), would just be all we needed to market Dickson to the Ogbia people as one who could still be trusted as our best product. After all, a child that fails exams is usually expected to repeat.

Commissioning done, Governor Dickson marketed to the Ogbia people, George Turnah back to office to continue his boy boy work, but confronted by his visibly angry APC bosses who had just returned from a summon in Abuja by the then Secretary to the Government of the Federation Mr. Babachir Lawal to explain why a common Special Assistant under their supervision could not be compelled to join the APC and back it’s Governorship candidate in Bayelsa State, but allowed to be campaigning for the PDP and marketing it’s candidate in Bayelsa in the person of Governor Dickson. The directive from Abuja was very clear.....”he (George Turnah) either joins APC, works for us in the Bayelsa Gubernatorial elections and keep his job, or he continues to remain in PDP, working for Governor Dickson’s re-election but loose his job”.

At the close of work that faithful day, I was called into a meeting with all my bosses present. There and then, the options as contained in the Abuja directive were presented before me. This is me in-between betraying all that have brought me thus far in life and save my very sweet job, or stand on the side of CHARACTER and loose my job, the main source of livelihood for me and all who depended on me for survival.

Choosing to stand on the side of CHARACTER, I resigned my job. Ah, my Lovely Job sacrificed on the alter of STRONG CHARACTER. I lost my job because of my love and support for the PDP and Governor Henry Seriake Dickson. How many of us still remember that I was immediately replaced by another Bayelsan from Brass Local Government of Bayelsa State, the local government of the APC gubernatorial candidate for the Bayelsa 2015/2016 governorship elections as my successor in office? Hahahahhahahahahaaaaaaa

My resignation was considered an affront to certain quarters, and so, another directive from above was issued. “Frame him up, arrest and detain him throughout the periods of the elections”. My dear, on getting the info, I wasted no time in running out of the country with my daughter and pregnant wife at the time. Kai, we ran unprepared. No enough money to survive over there. Kai, we suffered

After elections, i returned to the country with my family, a jobless man. Feeding my family was even a problem. I tried to lobby and plead with Governor Dickson and his men to find something for me to handle so I can feed my family, but for where? nobody answered me. I begged to be appointed a Commissioner, Special Adviser or even Senior Special Assistant, but Governor Dickson and his handlers all paid deaf ears and bluntly refused to help a man who rather chose to loose his well paying job for their sake. Who did I not appeal to: the then SSG HRH Dokubo-Spiff? Or the Chief of Staff Hon. Talford Ongolo? Is it Daniel Markson Iworiso? Or Jonathan Obuobite? Or the SA Political Chief Fynman Wilson? Who did I not cry to.......

As one who was a pioneer Director Youth of the Dickson’s Restoration Movement when it started, became Director Students Mobilization of the PDP Guber Campaign Council in the 2015/2016 Gubernatorial elections, lost my job for supporting and working for the re-election bid of Governor Dickson, I can boldly say it loud and clear that I have never got a single contract from the Governor Dickson led Bayelsa State Government, neither have I ever served on any platform, even the least committee of government, nor given any amount of money to support me for anything since Governor Dickson took over the reigns of power as our Governor. In fact, I remember when I got married, I had to even pay for the Government House Banquet Hall, venue of my Traditional Marriage, not even a kobo support came from my Governor or the Government of Bayelsa State. Ok, how about the invasion of my house in my village by the EFCC and the subsequent travails that followed? Not even for one day has my Governor called to ask what really happened, how am I tackling the matter, not to talk of how I am even surviving. I have spent over 300 to 400 million naira since my travails in the hands of the EFCC, but not a single support from my State Government. Even if for nothing, a senior citizen like me, holder of National Honours and youngest member of the PDP elders forum in the state, not even a sign to show that what am going through is of a concern to either him the Governor or the Government of my state.

Now, IS THERE A REASON I SHOULD STILL REMAIN IN THE SAME POLITICAL PARTY WITH THIS KIND OF LEADERSHIP? For me, YES, and that only reason is CHARACTER!!!

Copied!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Shiite Member Shot Dead By Police In Kaduna Buried Amidst Tears(pics) / Buhari Speaks On Fresh Plateau Killings / Don't Reinforce Failure In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.