Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria (32917 Views)

5 Ways To Search For Jobs After Graduation / 5 Important Things Recruiters Search For In Your Cv/resume / Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by SoapQueen(f): 7:51am On Jun 23, 2018
24hoursreporter:

Thank you, but nothing is happening in Borno now

Says who? Borno is an employment hotspot.

ACF and the NGOs, IDPs and Paris Club Funds beneficiaries.

That list should be:

Borno
Yobe
Lagos
Abuja
Ogun(Manufacturing giants)
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by watchindelta(m): 7:56am On Jun 23, 2018
No b borno bomb dy blast dere undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Tundeobama(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2018
manufacturing firms in ogun dont really pay but the position is between ibadan and ogun.many population live in ogun and work in Lagos.ibadan with huge population has good number of firms due to population.

15 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Kmartt(m): 7:58am On Jun 23, 2018
Someone should link me up with those NGO's ooo. I need job soo badly. Even read Basic Medical course in School.
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by darkmarky(m): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Funny. But there are opportunities there.
I know say opportunities dey na.. Oya to enjoy the proceeds from the opportunities na problem because you no go account how the money take loss... Its just like this our football stars who earn so much millions of dollars but their tax eh...kai. You will weep.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Temptee101(m): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2018
elobyobi:

Dey there! People with NCE are getting jobs of 200k in Borno, hassle-free. Dey there.
Because of money i go dey where i know say i fit die any moment. God punish poverty and foolishness
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Emmychem(m): 8:07am On Jun 23, 2018
zamfara, gombe, borno, kebbi... For boko haram job...

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Jexyme(f): 8:11am On Jun 23, 2018
shanequeen:
undecided
I am very sure the op is a comedian!
imagine research

the list should be

Lagos
ogun
Abuja
Kano
Rivers

argue with your keypad

Smiles....if Borno doesn't come second or third on your list, you're wrong.

Thank u.
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Bakerdav: 8:11am On Jun 23, 2018
You miss the road by mentioning ibadan
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Mbediogu(m): 8:12am On Jun 23, 2018
Ekinematics:

Your head get oil pass the op.
I wonder what Ibadan is doing in his list.

Borno is rightly there. Vacancies exist for prospective suicide bombers. Salaries negotiable.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Obinnau(m): 8:18am On Jun 23, 2018
Quality20:
sokoto is also good. The job market here isn't as saturated as Lagos or kano
this Sokoto I am in OR is it another one? apart from bank jobs which other work is there?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Nteogwuija(m): 8:24am On Jun 23, 2018
please I really need someone to save me from joblessness.

I am 26 years of age and a graduate of Banking and Finance(BS.c). I reside in Port Harcourt at the moment.

I desperately need a job as I am getting frustrated as the day goes by. Please someone should help me pls!

I don't mind relocating even to the dreaded Borno as long as I have someone to squat with.

my email is suniyke4real@gmail.com and my number is 0 seven 0 3802 three 809.

God bless the kind gesture of anyone willing to help.

I will forever be indebted to such person.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by wristbangle: 8:29am On Jun 23, 2018
SoapQueen:

Says who? Borno is an employment hotspot.

ACF and the NGOs, IDPs and Paris Club Funds beneficiaries.

That list should be:

Borno
Yobe
Lagos
Abuja
Ogun(Manufacturing giants)

Madam, replace Yobe with Rivers. There ain't much of NGo jobs in Yobe state.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by fasho01(m): 8:32am On Jun 23, 2018
Ekinematics:

Your head get oil pass the op.
I wonder what Ibadan is doing in his list.

I tire o! Lost interest in his write up when I saw ibadan on the list
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by almajiri101: 8:32am On Jun 23, 2018
elobyobi:

Dey there! People with NCE are getting jobs of 200k in Borno, hassle-free. Dey there.

Liar
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by almajiri101: 8:34am On Jun 23, 2018
mfm04622:

Say you don't know! NGO jobs plenty for Borno like sand for bar beach. Well paying jobs for that matter

Presently in borno, kindly mention one.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by ritababe(f): 8:40am On Jun 23, 2018
24hoursreporter:

Smile! There are several manufacturing companies in Ibadan oooo
replace Ibadan with Edo or anambra, talking from experience
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by temiflex01(m): 8:48am On Jun 23, 2018
elobyobi:

Because of 200k, people should embark on a suicide mission?
People from South wise pasß that, that money is a change.
Na only Northerners fit blow himself up for just 50k, or even for free with their brain manipulated.
Even for 1m, I won't take the job.
Carry your Borno, it's not saleable.
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by cletz991(m): 8:50am On Jun 23, 2018
How do I apply for borno job?
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by 24hoursreporter: 8:54am On Jun 23, 2018
Tundeobama:
manufacturing firms in ogun dont really pay but the position is between ibadan and ogun.many population live in ogun and work in Lagos.ibadan with huge population has good number of firms due to population.

Thanks man.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Femillionz(m): 8:57am On Jun 23, 2018
Have you visited Jobintelng.com?

There are several job Vacancies everywhere. Don't dull

jobintelng.com
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Tobyarab(m): 8:59am On Jun 23, 2018
Is it rocket science that well paying jobs exist in Borno? Feel free to go at your peril. Army are struggling to contain Boko Haram, what more you. Lagos is best for job hunt. But the cost of living in Lagos makes 200k a month salary look meagre.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by qanda: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2018
Useful information. Do you also know that the best place to source Job Test Questions and Answers and Free Interview Tips is Q and A App. An Android App built by a Startup Nigerian Company. Download Q and A App from Google Playstore.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by 21savages: 9:11am On Jun 23, 2018
What abt Ghana?
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by sunnyp20(m): 9:53am On Jun 23, 2018
I am 27 years of age and a graduate of political science. I currently reside in Lagos State at the moment.

Please someone should help me with any job openings in Lagos.

my email is izukingsley@gmail.com

Thanks and God bless.
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 9:59am On Jun 23, 2018
The problem with kano is if you are not a muslim, with origins from Kano or Jigawa your chances of being employed is slim. You are better off starting your own business even then make sure you situate your business in places where you see non northerners thriving

4 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 23, 2018
24hoursreporter:

#5 Kano

Kano is another juicy location to look for job in Nigeria. There are several manufacturing companies in Kano ranging from Plastic, Foam, Rubber, Aluminum, Noodles etc. All these companies provide opportunities for job seekers.

I guess this OP has never been to Kano before. Forget what you read about Kano on paper, the state is crap.

The state is developed, no doubt. But all these stories of companies or factories are mostly lies. Northerners just have a way of hyping this place.
The only job you're likely to get is teaching job for N25k a month. You're expected to teach their dull students 3 subjects for 25k, I mean, who does that?

The few other attractive jobs that are there are meant for the religious bigots.

Kano State is not what they say it is.

Am in Kano City at the moment, and I can tell you that the only thing about this place is religion, it's Islam or nothing else.

My point is stories about companies or factories are 80% false.

13 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by thambolo(m): 10:03am On Jun 23, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Unemployment is one of the major challenges in Nigeria. Graduate youths increase at Geometric progression annually while job opportunities increase at Arithmetic progression. Thus making the labor very competitive and challenging. However, this article attempt to present to our readers the 5 best cities to look for jobs in Nigeria.

Although unemployment is rampart in the country, but some cities have more employment opportunities than others. So, We sincerely hope that you will leave your village to one of these cities after reading this article.

It is actually very funny how some graduates will finish Youth Service and go back to the village to sit down. They will end up giving their resume to their uncles that retired from NNPC ten years ago.

These same people will end up saying I graduated 4 years ago, there is no job. Ask him how many jobs he has applied for. You will hear, I gave my uncle CV and he refuse to help me. The first step to getting a job in Nigeria is to leave your comfort zone.

You can’t be in Lokoja, and expect to get a job of 200k per month there, it is almost impossible. Go to those cities where the opportunities are, then start searching. So, below are the best cities to look for jobs in Nigeria.

What Are The 5 Best Cities To Look For Jobs In Nigeria?

#1 Lagos

One of the best cities to look for jobs in Nigeria is Lagos. It is the busiest and most industrialized city in West Africa. There are several employment opportunities for job seekers in Lagos.

As a matter of fact, most of the top notch companies in the world have offices in Lagos. You will always find a job in Lagos, even if the pay is very small. This is why it is rated the best place to look for job in Nigeria.

#2 Ibadan

Ibadan is another great city to look for jobs in Nigeria. There are several large and small manufacturing companies in the city.

Also, there are construction and mining companies in Ibadan. These companies provide several job opportunities to Nigerians every year.

#3 Port Harcourt

Port Harcourt is the capital and largest city in River State. It is great place to look for job. However, there are more opportunities for engineer in this city than any other professions.

Most of the opportunities in Port Harcourt are oil and gas related and they are high paying job. In fact, if you get a job as a graduate in any of the oil and gas companies there, it is a good way to kiss poverty good bye.

Companies like Shell, Mobil, Schlumberger, Total, Intel etc are some of the top notch companies in Port Harcourt.

#4 Abuja

Abuja is the capital city of Nigeria. The head quarters of most Federal Government organizations are in Abuja. So, it is the best location to look for Federal government Job.

Also, there are private firms and construction companies that pay very well in Abuja. These different firms provide series of opportunities to young Nigeria graduate.

#5 Kano

Kano is another juicy location to look for job in Nigeria. There are several manufacturing companies in Kano ranging from Plastic, Foam, Rubber, Aluminum, Noodles etc. All these companies provide opportunities for job seekers.

These are the 5 best cities to look for jobs in Nigeria. Expand your job search to any of these cities and tell your testimonies to other job seekers.

Check: 24hoursreporter for related articles.

Incomplete! You’ve not mentioned Borno State!
If you don’t know, you don’t know.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Tuhndhay(m): 10:19am On Jun 23, 2018
elobyobi:

Bros, abeg help a brother....... I have a Bsc abeg
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Tuhndhay(m): 10:22am On Jun 23, 2018
Jexyme:

Smiles....if Borno doesn't come second or third on your list, you're wrong.
Thank u.
Jexyme...... Are you sure

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Are Looking For A Job, Let Help You / Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. / NIMC Appointment Letters Finally Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.