Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria (32918 Views)

5 Ways To Search For Jobs After Graduation / 5 Important Things Recruiters Search For In Your Cv/resume / Companies Are Using Linkedin To Search For The Right Candidates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by 24hoursreporter: 10:26am On Jun 23, 2018
Tuhndhay:

Jexyme...... Are you sure

Funny.
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Isaacpyo04(m): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2018
elobyobi:

Dey there! People with NCE are getting jobs of 200k in Borno, hassle-free. Dey there.
Most Civil society organisations i.e. NGO pay better than some of these financial institutions.
Your qualification doesn't matter, but a lot of 'em are up here in the north.

Widen your search, and you can get lucky!
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by UfuomaUN(m): 10:57am On Jun 23, 2018
Follygunners:

okoro animals... Not one single okoro city dey there. Go and commit suicide! grin

who is this pig?

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by UfuomaUN(m): 10:58am On Jun 23, 2018
24hoursreporter:

Smile! There are several manufacturing companies in Ibadan oooo

Yea, that's why a lot of graduates troop in there after school to build a future...oh wait! They don't!
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Diso60090(m): 11:15am On Jun 23, 2018
is a lie

If Edo state nor dey make una rest una know how many beer parlour dey Benin city
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by ophilly: 11:18am On Jun 23, 2018
KADUNA:
Kaduna offers better employment opportunities than Ibadan and Kano.
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by initiate: 11:19am On Jun 23, 2018
Tychamps:
Op you need slap ba,
where are the jobs in Ibadan.
Maybe as a bikeman sha

Don't mind the third rate journalist.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by OkutaNla: 11:52am On Jun 23, 2018
UfuomaUN:

Yea, that's why a lot of graduates troop in there after school to build a future...oh wait! They don't!

You are the one arguing from a position of ignorance and not 24hoursreporter. The Op's list actually mirrors that of Jobberman's list of states with the highest number of job vacancies released some years back, while you are yet to present any facts or proof of your own to counter him except your bad-belle influenced retort.

https://www.jobberman. com/blog/must-work-lagos-5-nigerian-states-find-job/

Besides, several datas showing the Nigerian cities with the with largest purchasing powers and populations also corroborate his list (like the ones attached below). If you disagree with them you should present your own facts rather than arguing blindly.

11 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Thewesterner(m): 11:55am On Jun 23, 2018
A list without Ogun state

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Hardeydeygee(m): 12:05pm On Jun 23, 2018
[s][/s]ibadan
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by forap(m): 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2018
SoapQueen:

Says who? Borno is an employment hotspot.

ACF and the NGOs, IDPs and Paris Club Funds beneficiaries.

That list should be:

Borno
Yobe
Lagos
Abuja
Ogun(Manufacturing giants)
I stay in Abuja, how can I get a sample of your soap?
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by noah91(m): 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2018
donvicky2007:

But Ogun should have replace Ibadan .
The OP said best cities and not states. Many people don't know Ibadan apart from the brown roof pictures they see on nairaland. Ibadan is definitely on the list but it's not 2nd, it should be 5th

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by 24hoursreporter: 1:24pm On Jun 23, 2018
initiate:

Don't mind the third rate journalist.

Lol! You nor serious o
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by 24hoursreporter: 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2018
OkutaNla:

You are the one arguing from a position of ignorance and not 24hoursreporter. The Op's list actuality mirrors that of Jobberman's list of states with the highest number of job vacancies released some years back, while you are yet to present any facts proof of your own to counter him except your bad-belle influenced retort.

Besides, several datas showing the Nigerian cities with the with largest purchasing powers and populations also corroborate his list (like the ones attached below). If you disagree them you should present your own facts rather than arguing blindly.

ThAnks a million jare

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by zyzxx(m): 1:39pm On Jun 23, 2018
thambolo:

Incomplete! You’ve not mentioned Borno State!
If you don’t know, you don’t know.
can you link a brother up pls?
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by seunjungle1(m): 1:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
Kai Borno state is ringing boom boom boom in my mind! Won't I start packing my bags for Borno now?
That truly reminds me of a lady we served together at Kagoro Kaduna state 2011. The lady was from Borno, I remember she redeployed back to Maiduguri due to the non academic job she got from Maiduguri University...a job of 80k! She called me for a trial then but Boko Haram guys were reigning that period.

I wouldn't mind if I see anybody that can connect me with a job in Maiduguri right now...

Forget bokoharam, I need job
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by zyzxx(m): 1:44pm On Jun 23, 2018
Isaacpyo04:

Most Civil society organisations i.e. NGO pay better than some of these financial institutions.

can a brother get link up pls
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Olulizabeth(f): 1:45pm On Jun 23, 2018
24hoursreporter:

Smile! There are several manufacturing companies in Ibadan oooo

You mean companies that employ from Lagos and are only borrowing space in the city?
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Uniqueaccountant(m): 2:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
almajiri101:

Presently in borno, kindly mention one.
pls leme have ur what's app digit... My number ...signature pls
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2018
From job sites online it's
1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Rivers
4. Borno
5. Not specific

Ogun maybe there if the job adverts reads Ogun and not Lagos(most jobs in Ogun are mistaken for Lagos, similar stuff happens to Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta and Akwa Ibom in the oil and gas industry)

In reality it's
1. Lagos by a mile
2. Abuja
3. Rivers
4. Ogun
5. Borno
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by sammyobi584: 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2018
Ogun isn't on the list because most companies in ogun don't really advertise it much. most job vacancies in lagos especially factory related ones are most Ogun based..Most of the companies here have their headquarters in Lagos and factories in ogun so anytime they are recruiting,they normally do that from Lagos that why seeing Ogun state jobs advert is very rare..the company I am working now even did the Same thing..and having moved round here a bit I noticed that it is difficult for graduates to be employed here..most security men will always advice U to apply through the headquarters and they won't even look at ur cv not to talk of helping U to submit it
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Xnilid: 3:23pm On Jun 23, 2018
24hoursreporter:
Unemployment is one of the major challenges in Nigeria. Graduate youths increase at Geometric progression annually while job opportunities increase at Arithmetic progression. Thus making the labor very competitive and challenging. However, this article attempt to present to our readers the 5 best cities to look for jobs in Nigeria.

Although unemployment is rampart in the country, but some cities have more employment opportunities than others. So, We sincerely hope that you will leave your village to one of these cities after reading this article.

It is actually very funny how some graduates will finish Youth Service and go back to the village to sit down. They will end up giving their resume to their uncles that retired from NNPC ten years ago.

These same people will end up saying I graduated 4 years ago, there is no job. Ask him how many jobs he has applied for. You will hear, I gave my uncle CV and he refuse to help me. The first step to getting a job in Nigeria is to leave your comfort zone.

You can’t be in Lokoja, and expect to get a job of 200k per month there, it is almost impossible. Go to those cities where the opportunities are, then start searching. So, below are the best cities to look for jobs in Nigeria.

What Are The 5 Best Cities To Look For Jobs In Nigeria?

#1 Lagos

One of the best cities to look for jobs in Nigeria is Lagos. It is the busiest and most industrialized city in West Africa. There are several employment opportunities for job seekers in Lagos.

As a matter of fact, most of the top notch companies in the world have offices in Lagos. You will always find a job in Lagos, even if the pay is very small. This is why it is rated the best place to look for job in Nigeria.

#2 Ibadan

Ibadan is another great city to look for jobs in Nigeria. There are several large and small manufacturing companies in the city.

Also, there are construction and mining companies in Ibadan. These companies provide several job opportunities to Nigerians every year.

#3 Port Harcourt

Port Harcourt is the capital and largest city in River State. It is great place to look for job. However, there are more opportunities for engineer in this city than any other professions.

Most of the opportunities in Port Harcourt are oil and gas related and they are high paying job. In fact, if you get a job as a graduate in any of the oil and gas companies there, it is a good way to kiss poverty good bye.

Companies like Shell, Mobil, Schlumberger, Total, Intel etc are some of the top notch companies in Port Harcourt.

#4 Abuja

Abuja is the capital city of Nigeria. The head quarters of most Federal Government organizations are in Abuja. So, it is the best location to look for Federal government Job.

Also, there are private firms and construction companies that pay very well in Abuja. These different firms provide series of opportunities to young Nigeria graduate.

#5 Kano

Kano is another juicy location to look for job in Nigeria. There are several manufacturing companies in Kano ranging from Plastic, Foam, Rubber, Aluminum, Noodles etc. All these companies provide opportunities for job seekers.

These are the 5 best cities to look for jobs in Nigeria. Expand your job search to any of these cities and tell your testimonies to other job seekers.

Check: 24hoursreporter for related articles.

Ogbeni! Bury your head in shame or is it in the sand. The most uninformed post witnessed so far this year. Men! This OP had lost it even before the word GO! Please varsity fresh fellas abi nah poly grads don't be deceived.
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by UfuomaUN(m): 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2018
OkutaNla:

You are the one arguing from a position of ignorance and not 24hoursreporter. The Op's list actually mirrors that of Jobberman's list of states with the highest number of job vacancies released some years back, while you are yet to present any facts or proof of your own to counter him except your bad-belle influenced retort.

Besides, several datas showing the Nigerian cities with the with largest purchasing powers and populations also corroborate his list (like the ones attached below). If you disagree with them you should present your own facts rather than arguing blindly.

Jobberman! lol! Going by Jobberman stats all the vacancies in Nigeria would exist only in Lagos and Abuja cos those are where the head offices are.

I've lived in IB for a while so I'm not arguing from a position of naivety. I have travelled around the country and I have seen...

But free to believe what you want bro!
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by OkutaNla: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2018
UfuomaUN:

I've lived in IB for a while so I'm not arguing from a position of naivety. I have travelled around the country and I have seen...
I
Butel free to believe what you want bro!

Guy, the joke is on you. Learn to argue with facts and not sentiments. You can hate Ibadan from now till tomorrow but your position won't stand in the face of the facts on the ground. I have showed you facts to support the Op's list, but you are yet to back yours up with counter-facts or evidence to the contrary.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by UfuomaUN(m): 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2018
OkutaNla:

Guy, the joke is on you. Learn to argue with facts and not sentiments. You can hate Ibadan from now till tomorrow but your position won't stand in the face of the facts on the ground. I have showed you facts to support the Op's list, but you are yet to back yours up with counter-facts or evidence to the contrary.

grin

There's no joke on me! I know better than waste my time digging up facts to win frivolous arguments on nairaland of all places! If you really want to get on your feet with a job in Nigeria, Ibadan isn't one of the places you should turn to!
But like I said, it's a free world!
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by OkutaNla: 4:51pm On Jun 23, 2018
UfuomaUN:

grin

There's no joke on me! I know better than waste my time digging up facts to win frivolous arguments on nairaland of all places! If you really want to get on your feet with a job in Nigeria, Ibadan isn't one of the places you should turn to!
But like I said, it's a free world!

Trash. undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by Nelchuksmandela(m): 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2018
flexyrule:
Looking at it from a bigger perspective, the list should be
Lagos
Abuja
Rivers
Ogun
Borno

You can't restrict job search to capital cities alone. In job hunting today, the luxury of choosing location has been eliminated by the scarcity of jobs.
More candidates seem to be heading towards the north-east for juicy international NGOs jobs on a daily basis, irrespective of the security challenges there.

dis one is scrap.........d first one is more standard........replacing Ibadan with Ogun & Kano(center of commerce ) with brono.......u need senseline
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by laurel03(m): 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2018
Bakerdav:
You miss the road by mentioning ibadan
ibadan get many multinational organisation, govt research institutes, many big companies in ibadan.... etc ibadan is more than brown roof they always post..
British American Tobacco
International institute of Tropical Agriculture..
P and G get 2 plants in ib
Nbc
Coca cola
7up plant
Uncountable govt research institute
More than 5 private university in ib now
Nigeria wire and cable
The biggest shoprite in West Africa..
More than 20 radio station in ib etc

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by AmiableG: 5:16pm On Jun 23, 2018
owomida1:
Pls we are not interested. Farmland full everywhere,u don't need a CV to be a farmer.
Guy, you are very funny.
Lol
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by awo666(m): 5:43pm On Jun 23, 2018
mfm04622:

Say you don't know! NGO jobs plenty for Borno like sand for bar beach. Well paying jobs for that matter
link me to one oga
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by awo666(m): 5:49pm On Jun 23, 2018
Isaacpyo04:

abeg link me with one if u get o.
na beg I dey beg o
Re: 5 Best Cities To Search For Employmeny In Nigeria by awo666(m): 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2018
SoapQueen:

Says who? Borno is an employment hotspot.
ACF and the NGOs, IDPs and Paris Club Funds beneficiaries.

That list should be:
Borno Yobe Lagos Abuja Ogun(Manufacturing giants)
pls, link me up with jobs in Borno or Yobe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Are Looking For A Job, Let Help You / Sahara Power Test Of 31st May,2014. / NIMC Appointment Letters Finally Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.