Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" (28340 Views)

‘I Have Reported My Husband To EFCC, US Embassy’ – Kess’s Wife, Della / Cossy Orjiakor Beaten By Matin Obinka Maruche, Her Neighbor (Photos) / Cossy Orjiakor: "My New Butt Is N1.5 Million Worth" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by EmagNig(m): 6:23am On Jun 24, 2018
Nollywood actress, Cossy Ojiakor, was in the news some days back over an alleged assault she suffered in the hands of her neighbour whom she claimed is always beating his wife and daughter.

On that particular day, the actress stated that she saw the man beating his wife and child and she tried to intervene. According to Cossy, the man also assaulted her in the process.

Giving an update of the incident to Sunday Scoop, she said:

“I have gone to the police station and from there, I went to the hospital to get my injuries treated. However, his wife and daughter, who also sustained injuries, haven’t been to the police station and the hospital. I reported a case of assault at the police station and some officers followed me to his house to arrest him but he hid. He will surely be brought to book.

“He has been doing it for a while. I decided to speak out this time because I was personally involved. I don’t care if their marriage breaks because I went public with the information. As a concerned neighbour, I can even provide the wife accommodation. This is no longer a case of domestic violence because he also assaulted me. I have been feeling pain all over my body, even the butt that I recently spent money on.”

Disputing the claim that the woman couldn’t leave simply because she was attracted to the man’s wealth, Ojiakor said:

“When they got married, they had nothing. The woman actually bought a property in her name and they now use it together. They actually worked together to get all the property they own now and I am not sure that he would release any to her. If she leaves him now, she will have to start her life from scratch and I think that is why she has been afraid to quit the marriage after giving 12 years of her life to him.

“In the Nigerian situation, it is the woman that usually suffers. I grew up in an abusive home because my father used to assault my mum; so, I know what it feels like. But he never touched us, the children.

That’s why I was enraged when this man hit his daughter. I know so much about them because I was a bridesmaid at their wedding. He only had a weather-beaten Benz in those days and the vehicle even refused to start on the day of their wedding. We are good neighbours and the man is actually nice but for his terrible habit of battering his wife.”

On her intention to remain single or a baby mother, Ojiakor said:

“A lot of men have proposed to me, and they had said I would have to stop posting pictures on social media or that I’d have to stop acting. Whenever I hear things like that, I run. My life is simple as a single lady; I can decide to clean my house or cook whenever I want to. However, when you marry, you basically turn to a slave.”

Explaining the kind of relationship she had with her dad, Cossy said:

“It was a love-hate relationship. I hated him for beating my mum and I loved him for being my dad. If there were channels for me to report him back then, I would have done that.”

https://lailasnews.com/i-reported-my-neighbor-because-he-is-a-serial-woman-batterer-cossy/

3 Likes

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Tonka: 6:43am On Jun 24, 2018
They will soon break yur head

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by torin: 6:47am On Jun 24, 2018
Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by godofuck231: 6:53am On Jun 24, 2018
EmagNig:
Nollywood actress, Cossy Ojiakor, was in the news some days back over an alleged assault she suffered in the hands of her neighbour whom she claimed is always beating his wife and daughter.

On that particular day, the actress stated that she saw the man beating his wife and child and she tried to intervene. According to Cossy, the man also assaulted her in the process.

Giving an update of the incident to Sunday Scoop, she said:

“I have gone to the police station and from there, I went to the hospital to get my injuries treated. However, his wife and daughter, who also sustained injuries, haven’t been to the police station and the hospital. I reported a case of assault at the police station and some officers followed me to his house to arrest him but he hid. He will surely be brought to book.

“He has been doing it for a while. I decided to speak out this time because I was personally involved. I don’t care if their marriage breaks because I went public with the information. As a concerned neighbour, I can even provide the wife accommodation. This is no longer a case of domestic violence because he also assaulted me. I have been feeling pain all over my body, even the butt that I recently spent money on.”

Disputing the claim that the woman couldn’t leave simply because she was attracted to the man’s wealth, Ojiakor said:

“When they got married, they had nothing. The woman actually bought a property in her name and they now use it together. They actually worked together to get all the property they own now and I am not sure that he would release any to her. If she leaves him now, she will have to start her life from scratch and I think that is why she has been afraid to quit the marriage after giving 12 years of her life to him.

“In the Nigerian situation, it is the woman that usually suffers. I grew up in an abusive home because my father used to assault my mum; so, I know what it feels like. But he never touched us, the children.

That’s why I was enraged when this man hit his daughter. I know so much about them because I was a bridesmaid at their wedding. He only had a weather-beaten Benz in those days and the vehicle even refused to start on the day of their wedding. We are good neighbours and the man is actually nice but for his terrible habit of battering his wife.”

On her intention to remain single or a baby mother, Ojiakor said:

“A lot of men have proposed to me, and they had said I would have to stop posting pictures on social media or that I’d have to stop acting. Whenever I hear things like that, I run. My life is simple as a single lady; I can decide to clean my house or cook whenever I want to. However, when you marry, you basically turn to a slave.”

Explaining the kind of relationship she had with her dad, Cossy said:

“It was a love-hate relationship. I hated him for beating my mum and I loved him for being my dad. If there were channels for me to report him back then, I would have done that.”

https://lailasnews.com/i-reported-my-neighbor-because-he-is-a-serial-woman-batterer-cossy/

lalasticlala

That dog is trying to evade that pic, no connection to the other female counterpart

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by godofuck231: 6:56am On Jun 24, 2018
torin:
ok
OK Watin? The woman no get family? No from Afghanistan the man buy her from?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Hillview200: 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
Cissy isn't reigning anymore.. Bobrisky just relegated all these weirdos

5 Likes

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Sparkies85(m): 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
Y'all help me to wish my granny a happy 85th birthday

128 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by gabazin080(m): 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
When your girlfriend changes her whatsapp display picture every 30 minutes... It's too late my brother! Just know that she is giving the guy who is going replace you a slideshow.

19 Likes

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by gabazin080(m): 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
Chest pains is when you’re dating an ugly girl and you put her on WhatsApp status then someone says “Lmaooo send it

5 Likes

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Exponental(m): 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
I see dogs

1 Like

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by MrSmith007: 3:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
She seem more worried about her butt
Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Agada47(m): 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
nawa o
Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 24, 2018
shut the fvck up,I don't really care angry

1 Like

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by tracyfemmmm: 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2018
Her actions actually make sense. Say no to domestic violence. I dont even know why a woman would put anything in a mans name. Especially the way nigwrian men behave.

14 Likes

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by NotNairalandi(m): 3:34pm On Jun 24, 2018
Old cargo undecided
Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Jasperro(m): 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
good Samaritan in the making

4 Likes

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by engrjacuzzi: 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
how does it concern me, myself and I.

1 Like

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Macnnoli4(m): 3:35pm On Jun 24, 2018
Nawa oh. The wife and her husband grew rich together. But of course, village people/family upbringing is on his case

2 Likes

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Laple0541(m): 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Cossy......Dog......Dogstyle

Only if you guys can see what am seeing......

1 Like

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by KellyFORMAT(m): 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amebo
Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by bjayx: 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
I dey ur back cossy... cool

2 Likes

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Munzy14(m): 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
Madam amebo!
See as This foolish lady still carry another family matter enter this new week. Madam we know you have been paid to get a public sympathy for someone. But please allow the right people take up this case legally. I repeat something is fishyyy.
When you become a judge between couple, soon they will use u to settle dispute and stain your already stained image.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by MarieSucre(f): 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
Thank you my sister for your concern. Some pained sons of Chimamanda will soon come for your head.

3 Likes

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by oshe11: 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
He had a benz that refused to start that day.....

My body is paining me, including my butt I spent money on......

Wetin we need all those infos for?

Well, the only thing I pity is that DOG who doesnt know the meaning of BESTIALITY
Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Tomi124837(m): 3:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
Amebo cossy,u better goan marry and leave other people marriage alone,see the way she is even saying it,I don care even if they break up,so that's her wish right

ONISHINA!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Flexherbal(m): 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
Say NO to domestic violence !
Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Donald3d(m): 3:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
Mtcheew
Somebody is beating his wife and you are still talking about your yansh .
Abeg check my signature

Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Stevewonder004(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2018
I heard her made mention of even the #butt that she recently worked on,,,,,,,,,, can someone help me with abi my head dey play my disco
Re: Cossy Orjiakor: "Why I Reported My Neighbor To Police" by Stevewonder004(m): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2018
I heard her made mention of even the #butt that she recently worked on,,,,,,,,,, can someone help me with abi my head dey play me disco

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Celebrity Marriages That Crashed In 2014: Oyakhilome Tops List / Toke Makinwa's Response To A Fan Who Said She's Waiting For Her Wedding / Faithia Balogun Rocks Chic Ankara Short

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.