Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Philosophical Reflections - Understanding The Concepts Of Beliefs - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Philosophical Reflections - Understanding The Concepts Of Beliefs (331 Views)

Three Type Of Beliefs That Messed Up The African Mindset / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / Why Is There Something Rather than Nothing.... Let's Talk Philosophical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Philosophical Reflections - Understanding The Concepts Of Beliefs by intokeke: 12:54am On Jun 25, 2018
What does it mean to believe? Why believe? Who should believe? What/who should you believe in? When should you believe? And how can you express what you believe. In our philosophical journey today we shall go beyond the norms and probe into the various concepts and attributes of this subject. We shall establish a relationship between the man, his belief system and his journey in this time ruled sphere.
[img]https://3.bp..com/-_ACAJi3ykXU/WdO_OgUXXUI/AAAAAAAABYA/1YrDHZs_YiYYXRo3nUyuNdsYhOSiknXRwCLcBGAs/s1600/believe.jpg[/img]
Re: Philosophical Reflections - Understanding The Concepts Of Beliefs by intokeke: 12:57am On Jun 25, 2018
Definition

By definition, To believe is to accept or regard (something) as true. : to accept as truth of what is said by (someone).(Meriam Webster). To buttress further on this I will add that to believe is to accept an Opinion, Fact or Reality as ultimate truth regardless of who or what brought it , how it came or what it talks about.

Furthermore, believing creates a set of propositions called belief. And this may be separated from any epistemological standards or rationale. From this definition we understand that believing is an ACT. An act of what? Faith? Nay, believing and faith are two different things. The English language is highly limited in expressions and this is one of those limitations. The word/words- TO BELIEVE is defined by the English man as a verb, but it is much more than a verb. Believing is both a verb and a Noun.
Re: Philosophical Reflections - Understanding The Concepts Of Beliefs by intokeke: 1:00am On Jun 25, 2018
Believing is an eternal dual natured spiritual entity that is embedded in every pneumatic life force. This entity is characteristic, fundamental and essential for all spiritual life forms to relate with Ultimate Reality, the universe and its extensions.
By Ultimate Reality, I mean The Infinite Creative Intelligence( See…. On the subject). By universe, I mean all the material and immaterial varieties that make up the various strata of this time ruled sphere as well as the timeless realities beyond natural perception. By extensions, I mean dimensions.
Before we go further, I would like us to answer the question, what does it take to believe? The answer is found below.
Re: Philosophical Reflections - Understanding The Concepts Of Beliefs by intokeke: 1:04am On Jun 25, 2018
The Substance of Believe:

Embed from Getty Images

Like I mentioned earlier, believing is dual natured. The first nature I would describe as the Substance Nature. This is the unchanging essence of believing. The substance nature is multifaceted. It creates the following in the believer
• Relationship
• Reality
• Propulsions
• Hope

• Vision

..............................(TO BE CONTINUED)
[/size][size=8pt][b][/b]
http://www.st-princex.com/2017/10/believe-part-1.html
Re: Philosophical Reflections - Understanding The Concepts Of Beliefs by princeXxavier: 1:10am On Jun 25, 2018
interesting work
intokeke:
The Substance of Believe:

Embed from Getty Images

Like I mentioned earlier, believing is dual natured. The first nature I would describe as the Substance Nature. This is the unchanging essence of believing. The substance nature is multifaceted. It creates the following in the believer
• Relationship
• Reality
• Propulsions
• Hope

• Vision

..............................(TO BE CONTINUED)
[/size][size=8pt][b][/b]
http://www.st-princex.com/2017/10/believe-part-1.html
Re: Philosophical Reflections - Understanding The Concepts Of Beliefs by princeXxavier: 1:11am On Jun 25, 2018
Are you saying that believing is a substance
Re: Philosophical Reflections - Understanding The Concepts Of Beliefs by intokeke: 1:12am On Jun 25, 2018
princeXxavier:
Are you saying that believing is a substance
Aye according to this article

(1) (Reply)

Upon The Historical Fact Is The Sinless Virgin Birth / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/07/18 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/08/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.