Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 (34696 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / New Airtel Data Pack - 70MB For #20, 250MB For #50, 5GB For #1000 / Mtn Night Plan Increased From 250mb For N50 To 500mb For N50 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by exlinkleads(f): 10:16am On Jun 25, 2018
OTENABOBC1:
If you're not on Ntel sorry as you're missing out on fast faster fastest 4G LTE network that offers 11G data for as low as 1k for the duration of 30 days. I'm so loving it.

11G for 1k --- are u kidding me?

is that even possible?
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by jaylehk(m): 10:18am On Jun 25, 2018
These service providers will suffer the most...hacking has just started in its full pace

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by doublefreez(m): 10:22am On Jun 25, 2018
Whatever they like they should do. we have not suffered enough in their eyes abi.
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by directonpc(m): 10:26am On Jun 25, 2018
Noble11:

Here in Kenya 1GB is around 315 naira on Airtel and even cheaper on telkom..we still have a long way to go in Nigeria..am using zuku internet(2mbps) in my house and am paying 4500 naira every month..
unlimited?
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 25, 2018
falcon01:
F*ck this sh*t we are sick and fed up haba lets go on a strike or protest or whatever it takes to show how angry angry angry we are. This is bullsh*t we are been treated like slaves in our own country. The government, The security agencies, Private Institutions, Foreign companies Network Providers they all treat us like piece of sh*t. That is because we are too st*pid to care we bunch of as*holes Bleep Nigerians f*ck you all am sick and tired of all these bullshit news infact I wish i was never Born in this Country. F*ck Fu*ck am so f*ckin angry right Now angry angry angry

grin

Wake up!!! Stop dreaming. Lol

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Cupie22(f): 10:35am On Jun 25, 2018
Lukastech:
NCC to Increase Price of Data to 250MB for N1000
NCC to Increase Data Tariff

Way back in the month of May, there were reports that the prices for data bundles and calls will be increased if Section 24 of cybercrime 2015 Act is implemented.

Now, the Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) is preparing a data price list which will be released soon, as confirmed by the Executive Vice Chairman of NCC, Prof. Umar Danbatta.

If the Cybercrime Prohibition and Prevention Act 2015 are eventually implemented, it won't be funny at all because we'll be paying upto 4 times more than what we're paying now for monthly data.

We’ll likely be getting 250MB for N1000 with 30 days validity and 10MB data plan at N100 to last you for a day, while calls may be charged at 1naira/sec.

The new price may not correspond exactly with the one stated above, but what is sure is that it'll increase and you shouldn't expect anything cheaper than what you're currently paying for data.

We've seen so many weird steps the government in some African countries use to regulate internet usage; like the Ugandans who pay tax of 200 shillings daily just to access social media , and many other crazy stuffs like that.

It seems Nigeria is also heading to that direction, and despite the recent complaints by subscribers that data bundles are expensive, the NCC wants to add salt to the wound by further increasing it. Professor Danbatta made the disclosure on Thursday during his induction as a Fellow of the Nigeria Academy of Engineering (NAE).

Do you think this can work in Nigeria?? As for me, I'll air out if it is been implemented. 

Kindly Share and drop comments let's know your stand.

SOURCE: https://www.lukastech.com.ng/2018/06/ncc-to-increase-price-of-data-to-250mb.html?m=1
Dem no well
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by ufinity(m): 10:35am On Jun 25, 2018
It's like NCC is mad. Is it not time Nigeria is sold sef

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Popularity(m): 10:38am On Jun 25, 2018
This is a welcome and good development, at least it will keep lazy Nigerian youths offline
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Just2endowed2(m): 10:38am On Jun 25, 2018
Govt is trying to control the media. Less people online is a plus for the govt
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by guyXander(m): 10:39am On Jun 25, 2018
We'll just move out of Nigeria and continue our disturbance from there.

India here I come.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Realdeals(m): 10:39am On Jun 25, 2018
Everfrank:
Mere speculations. But come to think of it. Cheap internet only succeeded in encouraging hate speeches that further divide us. If not through data price increase a way must be found to control its usage. Everybody must be held accountable for whatever he circulates on the internet.

Shior! How will data price increase in Nigeria affect a Reno Omokri that is base in UK?
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Rexnegro(m): 10:40am On Jun 25, 2018
falcon01:
F*ck this sh*t we are sick and fed up haba lets go on a strike or protest or whatever it takes to show how angry angry angry we are. This is bullsh*t we are been treated like slaves in our own country. The government, The security agencies, Private Institutions, Foreign companies Network Providers they all treat us like piece of sh*t. That is because we are too st*pid to care we bunch of as*holes Bleep Nigerians f*ck you all am sick and tired of all these bullshit news infact I wish i was never Born in this Country. F*ck Fu*ck am so f*ckin angry right Now angry angry angry
calm down bro I can as well feel Ur pain , if u can leave this country bro don't hold back . leave .
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by netflicks(m): 10:41am On Jun 25, 2018
I trust my fellow hackers... grin instead of finding solution to why people engage in cyber crimes they are busy making matters worst...so the whole country should now suffer because some one is busy somewhere making money from the Internet. ..useless, senseless govt. & it institutions..bulls**t

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by oxygenlove(m): 10:47am On Jun 25, 2018
Kyase:
My psiphon, dey ready for free browsing cheat grin grin grin
alaye, which version u get, be like say na the nxt step for me bdat b4 dem implement dem yeye inkreement. Psiphon Cheat Stil Dey Work So?
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Lordspicy(m): 10:50am On Jun 25, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

grin grin funny comment. My advise to this, is if we really have to go on strike or protest let's create a thread on the net here and on all social media platform. You will see other Nigerians will follow and we shall set a day to go out openly and do the protest. The reason why am saying this, is that let all the youths in each state start it at once becuz na if Lagos people start protesting and let's Kogi people and other places don't know anything that is going on then the protest is meaningless. But if each state start at once they will know we are serious. That is why each and body has to be noticed first. Its a kind of advise becuz left for me if they like let 10MB be #2,000 1 day plan it won't affect me. When you see my signature you will know better.

created one now

https://www.nairaland.com/4581409/july-24-protest
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by youngreva(m): 10:51am On Jun 25, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

People like us will not be boiled at all. grin I can't even remember wen last i bought data with my money. Once i signal email to my guys working with MTN they give me whatever I want grin grin grin I pity Nigerians.
pls help a brother,i need knowledge on how to browse free with psiphon app or any working free browsing cheats. thanks
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by marklele(m): 10:52am On Jun 25, 2018
why are they always after peoples happiness? The suffering is too much ... It must be well.
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by pennylland: 10:52am On Jun 25, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

Why you dey call Buhari? You see Buhari name say "Buhari To Increase Prices Of Data 250MB for N1000; " ?
is buhari no more the president of Nigeria?
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by youngreva(m): 10:54am On Jun 25, 2018
OTENABOBC1:
If you're not on Ntel sorry as you're missing out on fast faster fastest 4G LTE network that offers 11G data for as low as 1k for the duration of 30 days. I'm so loving it.
pls man I need insight on this ur ntel
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by pennylland: 11:00am On Jun 25, 2018
the person that brings this idea should be feared,
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by DONADAMS(m): 11:00am On Jun 25, 2018
what sorta nonsense is this this country taya me
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Andrez123(m): 11:00am On Jun 25, 2018
The mobile operators are the ones who wanna increase the price of data, NCC are just the regulators, these mobile operators bribe the NCC in order to increase the price of data, they have tried to do it before but they were stopped by the senate, back then the director of the NCC couldn't give the senate a valid reason for the 100 percent increase of data prices so it was scrapped.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Anwons(m): 11:01am On Jun 25, 2018
If true, I think the only thing this government has done that will be worst than this will be buhari's herdsmen onslaught, because this is worst than fuel hike
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by lexy2014: 11:10am On Jun 25, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

Why you dey call Buhari? You see Buhari name say "Buhari To Increase Prices Of Data 250MB for N1000; " ?
is NCC an independent body accountable 2 no one?
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Kyase(m): 11:12am On Jun 25, 2018
oxygenlove:
alaye, which version u get, be like say na the nxt step for me bdat b4 dem implement dem yeye inkreement. Psiphon Cheat Stil Dey Work So?
psiphon never wake up ooo.
Na yoga vpn like that but e no stable and na only 9mobile
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by musa7m(m): 11:16am On Jun 25, 2018
mtn and the rest will be out of business soon

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by gmou: 11:18am On Jun 25, 2018
NaijaTechnician:
If they finally increase it then my signature below will be the solution. Many Nairalands benefited from me last week when they called me to know how I do get unlimited data without paying a dime to any network.

There's a saying which says;

"na wey man dey work him de chop"

That's one of my benefits of having friends working in the telecom company.. lemme stop here first.
Boss show me the way
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by otokx(m): 11:26am On Jun 25, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

Don't mind them, you see a Nigerian poo on the street and afterwards begin to shout Buhari is bad.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Gkemz: 11:30am On Jun 25, 2018
The primary aim of this Buhari's APC led government is to impoverish Nigerians. So that the opposition will be incapacitated to resist them.

Just as the Devil, the major focus and agenda of Buhari's govt is to steal (from the economic resources), kill (innocent lives through fulani herdsmen and boko haram) and destroy (both the economy of Christians and the liberal Moslems who opposes or condemns their wickedness)
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by thunderbabs: 11:30am On Jun 25, 2018
Nigeria sucks at everything, even buhari... Mk i kuku yab buhari very well before the increase takes effect... Coz itz all to hinder social media election campaigns for the opponentz knowing well dt most of their opponents without money will employ the social media to campaign.

Screw APC
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Noble11(m): 11:34am On Jun 25, 2018
directonpc:
unlimited?
Yes my zuku internet is unlimited...I use it on my laptop,phones, internet tv too/tv box

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by donnie(m): 11:36am On Jun 25, 2018
grandstar:

You must be using MTN or Etisalat.

Switch to airtel
I actually meat to say "especially airtel"... CORRECTED. I recently had to switch from airtel to mtn bundle.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Here Is Why Apple Removed The 3.5mm Headset Jack From The New Iphone 7 / 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone / Proxies 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.