Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 (34691 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / New Airtel Data Pack - 70MB For #20, 250MB For #50, 5GB For #1000 / Mtn Night Plan Increased From 250mb For N50 To 500mb For N50 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:43am On Jun 25, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

Why you dey call Buhari? You see Buhari name say "Buhari To Increase Prices Of Data 250MB for N1000; " ?
you are one of the problem in Nigeria. people like you shouldn't vote cos you don't understand things are the way who ever you votefor want it to be

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Idrismusty97(m): 11:46am On Jun 25, 2018
We will go back to the days of cheat, free browsing and IMEI changing. In those days when Data were expensive i actually enjoy browsing more through cheats, One cheat like that gave me over 30GB free. Getting my Simple server, Psiphon, freedom and the likes reading. You want to suffer us? we will show you we pass you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by LastSurvivor11: 11:46am On Jun 25, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

Why you dey call Buhari? You see Buhari name say "Buhari To Increase Prices Of Data 250MB for N1000; " ?

U see how stupidity and illiteracy is strongly frown at..
U just displayed one..

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
Everfrank:
Mere speculations. But come to think of it. Cheap internet only succeeded in encouraging hate speeches that further divide us. If not through data price increase a way must be found to control its usage. Everybody must be held accountable for whatever he circulates on the internet.
Not correct. Hate speech has been there from beginning

4 Likes

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by geezynoni: 12:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
Joke of the year. grin grin
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by grandstar(m): 12:23pm On Jun 25, 2018
donnie:
I actually meat to say "especially airtel"... CORRECTED. I recently had to switch from airtel to mtn bundle.

I'm enjoying Airtel. It's MTN that was chopping data

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by NaijaTechnician(m): 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
Idrismusty97:
We will go back to the days of cheat, free browsing and IMEI changing. In those days when Data were expensive i actually enjoy browsing more through cheats, One cheat like that gave me over 30GB free. Getting my Simple server, Psiphon, freedom and the likes reading. You want to suffer us? we will show you we pass you.

No talk don't even bother urself, let them try it. Then they will start looking for way to catch people doing cheats grin Me self I can't remember when last i bought data and airtime becuz I get them free anytime i want grin grin
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by maxtreme: 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

grin grin
I posted this here before they taught I was joking.

https://www.nairaland.com/4527916/nigerians-pay-more-calls-data

Well wetin concern me wey to get data no be my problem. I pity people, now people will know my importance as a tech savvy.

This Nigeria is trying to become a hell hole by all means to the masses. These people should be jailed, "prof wey go die of cancer". Then come to think of it o, cheats will now become a popular thing once more. People buy data now cuz its cheap but when N F**kn C does this wicked fraud people will turn to cheats for revenge, cheaper of free data and fun. These NCC mad gon o. They forced Glo to reduce their crappy data offer from 4gb to 2gb for 1k, reason ; Level playing ground for new and up coming telecoms like airtel, mtn and 9mobile lols. Now 2gb to 250mb, Reason; cyber crime, Do you need enomous gigabytes to commint cyber crime? Answer is no. This Naija sef................and foolish leaders
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
am ditching my smartphone , going old school.
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by blustone(m): 1:46pm On Jun 25, 2018
NaijaTechnician:

...My advise to this, is if we really have to go on strike or protest let's create a thread on the net here and on all social media platform. You will see other Nigerians will follow and we shall set a day to go out openly and do the protest.
...The reason why am saying this, is that let all the youths in each state start it at once becuz na if Lagos people start protesting and let's Kogi people and other places don't know anything that is going on then the protest is meaningless.
...But if each state start at once they will know we are serious. That is why each and body has to be noticed first. Its a kind of advise becuz left for me if they like let 10MB be #2,000 1 day plan it won't affect me. When you see my signature you will know better.

SUPPORTED!!
A COORDINATED strategic and synchronized approach!!

It's only in Naija that when we are pushed to the wall, we melt the wall and pass thru, instead of pushing forward.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by blustone(m): 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
maxtreme:

...Reason; cyber crime, Do you need enomous gigabytes to commint cyber crime? Answer is no. This Naija sef................and foolish leaders

Well said!
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by greatman247(m): 2:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
kessling:
Buhari what have we really done to deserve all these

Lol.
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by BestDealPropert(f): 2:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
blustone:

SUPPORTED!!
A COORDINATED strategic and synchronized approach!!

It's only in Naija that when we are pushed to the wall, we melt the wall and pass thru, instead of pushing forward.
Our government and their agencies are just conniving with other private outfits to rip us off.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by HoodBillionaire: 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2018
whr is glo wen u need them
me wey don dey happy say dem go extend data expiry date by one month extra
my data on spexrranet na 48gig
expiring in 6days time
now na to sahshe
i muat pick 3000euros before 3weeks
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by eabiode: 2:21pm On Jun 25, 2018
God punish all of them...they're useless people...when othere countries are making it free....we increasing tariffs..
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by deolu2000(m): 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
Even Lai Mohammed will debunk this news. Yeye blogger
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by platodeen(m): 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2018
The truth is,'what does d professor know about social media'. 'And how is d usage of data connected to cybercrime?'
Nigerians and Drama are like 1 n 2
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by makazona(m): 2:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
They want to sample our opinion first. That's why they psych us before the actual implementation.

Let this be on record:

1. It is not in the best interest of the masses. You can't gag us!

2. Should government dictate the price of calls and data when private companies are involved? Isn't that the height of busybody?

3. Many Nigerians have lost their jobs due to draconian and business stifling policies of this current government. Some has resorted to doing odd jobs online. Now should they take up arms when that one is taken away? It is bad already. Don't make it worst.

Till then...I am not happy with this proposition.

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by mechanics(m): 3:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
A bad policy, they want to discourage people from using their phone to browse.
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by charlesedu777: 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
God please help me before that time I will be out of this Country. please God ooo Thanks. God please help me before that time I will be out of this Country. please God ooo Thanks. God please help me before that time I will be out of this Country. please God ooo Thanks.
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by golddeejay(m): 4:14pm On Jun 25, 2018
Internet is the only thing guts are using to survive. Na to move to Ghana or some other countries if this is true.
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by esty57(f): 7:48pm On Jun 25, 2018
chimexdnice1:
other sane governments around the world are trying as much as possible to make life easy for their citizens ... Nigeria is doing the exact opposite. smh

*** where is that video of that small boy running the opposite direction sef ****
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by kechywillz(m): 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
We should appeal to our legislators to help us out, the other time they harken to our voices,please senator samuel anyanwu,Ben Bruce,Dino melaye,ur assistance is needed highly
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Wisse09: 9:54am On Jun 26, 2018
Hello Fellow Landers,

From experience, we all know that complains never solve any issue in Nigeria. No matter how much. Regardless of the adverse effect on the helpless masses.

For me, I rather find a way around the impending doom. I invite everyone to:

*NCC to Increase Price of Data to 250MB for N1000*

NCC to Increase Data Tariff

Way back in the month of May, there were reports that the prices for data bundles and calls will be increased if Section 24 of cybercrime 2015 Act is implemented.

Now, the Nigeria Communication Commission (NCC) is preparing a data price list which will be released soon, as confirmed by the Executive Vice Chairman of NCC, Prof. Umar Danbatta.

If the Cybercrime Prohibition and Prevention Act 2015 are eventually implemented, it won't be funny at all because we'll be paying upto 4 times more than what we're paying now for monthly data.

We’ll likely be getting 250MB for N1000 with 30 days validity and 10MB data plan at N100 to last you for a day, while calls may be charged at 1naira/sec.

The new price may not correspond exactly with the one stated above, but what is sure is that it'll increase and you shouldn't expect anything cheaper than what you're currently paying for data.

We've seen so many weird steps the government in some African countries use to regulate internet usage; like the Ugandans who pay tax of 200 shillings daily just to access social media , and many other crazy stuffs like that.

It seems Nigeria is also heading to that direction, and despite the recent complaints by subscribers that data bundles are expensive, the NCC wants to add salt to the wound by further increasing it. Professor Danbatta made the disclosure on Thursday during his induction as a Fellow of the Nigeria Academy of Engineering (NAE)

*SOLUTION*

*YOU'LL NEVER USE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO BUY AIRTIME, DATA, DO CABLE TV SUBSCRIPTION IF YOU CAN OWN RECHARGE & GET PAID TELECOM VTU SYSTEM & BUILD COMMUNITY OF AIRTIME, DATA, CABLE TV USERS*

ASKMEHOW *U CAN EARN N1K-N50K DAILY PROFIT Using Your Smartphone to do VTU Business*

You need a plan...position yourself for the difficult days ahead.

At RAGP, we gat you covered.

Join us here ������to know more
https:///5f1e01TuJ8LHLtu7BwvfIK or Chat me up on 08025867973
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by NaijaTechnician(m): 10:11am On Jun 26, 2018
Those of you that have a phone convensation with me yesterday about the unlimited data my line is fully active now... Due to Light issues that was why I was off. You guys can start calling now.
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2018
directonpc:
unlimited?
Zuku has always been unlimited
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Kenthomas911: 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
Guy hit me up naw....

No talk don't even bother urself, let them try it. Then they will start looking for way to catch people doing cheats grin Me self I can't remember when last i bought data and airtime becuz I get them free anytime i want grin grin[/quote]
Re: NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2018
Noble11:

Here in Kenya 1GB is around 315 naira on Airtel and even cheaper on telkom..we still have a long way to go in Nigeria..am using zuku internet(2mbps) in my house and am paying 4500 naira every month..

2 mbps Thats madness right there. How do you manage?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Here Is Why Apple Removed The 3.5mm Headset Jack From The New Iphone 7 / 10 Wrong Places To Use Your Mobile Phone / Proxies 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.