Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,537 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa (38171 Views)

Nigeria's Largest Built-up Urban Areas In 2021 - Demographia / Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report / 2019 Largest Built-Up Urban Area: Lagos, Onitsha Ranked 1st, 2nd In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by aribisala0(m): 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
Who the hell is demoraphia.com??

YOu think you are dealin with your fellow Ebola ignoramuses? You o and unearth some dody blo and start jerking yourselves off?

What is the meaning of

"BUILT UP"

What is the definition of that??

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by totit: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Ibadan top biggest slum city in Africa-Un habitat report, Ibadan city of two skyscrapers in middle of slums.

Shm

Anyways,ibadan beat enugu, owerri hands down grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by springtech(m): 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
Nice one there.
Lagos. Onitsha. Ibadan. And the rest on the list.

Am particularly impressed with Lagos.
Representing Nigeria wella.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Candyking12: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
I nervously stand outside your bedroom door, contemplating for a second what I am about to do. I entered your home under false pretences.

I convince you I was stranded and you so generously offer me your guest room for the evening. I wonder if you are always this nice or if, perhaps, you feel for me what I feel for you.
I wonder if your kindness is just because I am your girlfriend’s best friend, or maybe you actually do feel your heartstrings tug when you imagine we will be under the same room together for the night.
I consider knocking. Maybe if I knock and ask for your body politely, you will offer yourself to me. I feel my p#ssy give a little shudder, imagining you teasing it, touching it, fucking me.

I dismiss the idea of knocking and simply open the door. Your bedroom is almost dark. The only source of light is from the moon shining dimly through your window. I can only make out your silhouette on the bed and I can hear your deep, yet gentle breathing as you sleep.
I walk slowly towards the bed. You are lying on your back, your legs sprawl carelessly on the bed. I gently join you in bed. Straddle you so I am resting on your waist. You open your eyes slowly, perhaps wondering where the weight on your body was coming from.

You peer up at me through incompletely opened eyes, watching me curiously as your brain try to make sense of what you are looking at.
You attempt to get up, but I gently push your shoulder so you lay back down. I place my face close to yours and kiss you. You do not kiss me back.

Continue Reading
https://candytv.com.ng/2018/06/22/fcking-you/
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by aribisala0(m): 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
shizzle1:
Exactly, just the same way yolowbaboons are trying to take the shine off Igbos
Just putting the Ebola monkey back in its cage

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ARIINI: 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
[b][/b]PLEASE, HOW IS UYO MORE POPULATED THAN PORT HARCOURT? Even in 2018, i greatly doubt if this is accurate.
PS: I am from Akwa Ibom and I moved from Port Harcourt not quite long. [color=#000099][/color]
ariesbull:
10 Largest Built-Up Urban Areas in the World (Nigeria) by Population in 2018.

1.Lagos----23 position in the world
2.Onitsha---49 in the world
3.Kano-----119 in the world
4.Ibadan----163 in the world
5.Abuja----195 in the world
6.Uyo-----235 in the world
7.Port Harcourt----257 in the world
8.Nsukka----285 in the world
9.Benin----373 in the world
10.Ilorin----561 in the world.

10 Largest Built-Up Urban Areas in the World(Nigeria)by Land Area

1.Onitsha----47 position in the world
2.Lagos----72 in the world
3.Abuja-----140 in the world
4.Uyo------190 in the world
5.Nsukka-----215 in the world
6.Ibadan------279 in the world
7.Kano------366 in the world
8.Benin-----492 in the world
9.Port Harcourt---670 in the world
10.Maiduguri-----673 in the world

Source:Demographia---World Urban Areas.14th Annual Edition (2018).Pages 22-39 & 40-57

Mbe Nwaniga

Check the position of your city here on pages 22-39 and 40-57. http://www.demographia.com/db-worldua.pdf

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Chukazu: 4:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
afroniger:
I don't know what the fuss is about. Onitsha for example should not be a surprise because the land mass of the main Onitsha city is relatively very very small so i would be shocked if it wasnt already built up by now, compared to much larger cities in Nigeria.

Yea... very true.

I think we should refer to them as Densely populated areas

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by itsCornie(f): 4:06pm On Jun 25, 2018
izombie:
i am from anambra and i am sure enugu,owerri and aba are more developed than maiduguri. Aba is almost as developed as onitsha.

Very correct my dear,I used to live in Borno,but maiduguri came in the picture acording to land area
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by totit: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
Anambralstson:

Two skyscrapers in middles of slums

Shm
Who buy into your usual lies, anymore,frank grin
You were comparing ibadan of 1950s to onitsha of today cheesy

Only a fool falls for such abeg.

Anyway, let's give it up for ibadan for beating enugu hands down. Shouldn't we cool grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by malcom2x(m): 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
But why does Nigerian population census contradict?
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by aribisala0(m): 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
springtech:
Nice one there.
Lagos. Onitsha. Ibadan. And the rest on the list.

Am particularly impressed with Lagos.
Representing Nigeria wella.

Representing Nigeria well?

What is good about being on the list?

What does it mean?

Do you have any idea?

I am sorry but you cannot think? That thing inside your skull is decoration.

I do not get why being on this "LIST" is something to be happy about or what the list means

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by oasis10: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
This is good, Igbos are beginning to get sense to go back to there root and stop developing other states.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by redsquare(m): 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
Onitsha, the economic nerve centre of the East. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Moorish: 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2018
As a westerner I’m happy to see that eastern cities are also developing

We should all hope for the best for eachother

Imagine having cities with high rises all over Nigeria

14 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ANSMEDIA: 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2018
Onitsha has a very large industrial layout called Harbour Industrial Layout. In this layout there are more expatriate than Nigerian nationals, which means that this city has seen the influx of more foreigners in the recent past.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by shizzle1: 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2018
aribisala0:

Just putting the Ebola monkey back in its cage
I don't discuss with baboons. Please take your low-life scratch face outta my mentions

Idiotic boneheads bore me

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by aribisala0(m): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
Some clown comes up with some stupid list and you are jumping like Monkeys

What does "Lagos" mean? Lagos State?

Should Onitsha be compared with Lagos State or Orile or Agege

I am still waiting to understand what is meant by built up because

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ziggylady(f): 4:11pm On Jun 25, 2018
Anambralstson:

Two skyscrapers in middles of slums

Abeg my eyesoo!!...all i see are brown,rusted roofs embarassed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by seguno2: 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
moneyadulttube:
nice one

What is nice about it?
Why is it nice?
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Yyeske(m): 4:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
aribisala0:
Some clown comes up with some stupid list and you are jumping like Monkeys

What does "Lagos" mean? Lagos State?

Should Onitsha be compared with Lagos State or Orile or Agege

I am still waiting to understand what is meant by built up because
This thread pain you sha, take it easy on yourself na, life is not that hard.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by aribisala0(m): 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2018
shizzle1:
I don't discuss with baboons. Please take your low-life scratch face outta my mentions

Idiotic boneheads bore me
When a monkey is well trained it heeds INSTRUCTIONS . Like Enter your cage or
Be Silent.
This is not DISCUSSION

Just Keep quiet and stay in your cage
Some yellow fruits are on the way

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Anambralstson: 4:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
aribisala0:
Who the hell is demoraphia.com??

YOu think you are dealin with your fellow Ebola ignoramuses? You o and unearth some dody blo and start jerking yourselves off?

What is the meaning of

"BUILT UP"

What is the definition of that??
Deomelo grin grin I hope your heart palpitation is normal because of this news grin this is not Lagos/Ibadan publication.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by seguno2: 4:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
izombie:
i am from anambra and i am sure enugu,owerri and aba are more developed than maiduguri. Aba is almost as developed as onitsha.

Developed in which sense?
All the children are in good school with adequate number of teachers who are well paid promptly?
They have reliable and comfortable public transport used by most residents?
What of 24/7 electricity
They have tap water instead of drinking traces of their own shiit from boreholes in the same compound as their septic soak away tanks?
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by shizzle1: 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ziggylady:

Anyway even though i am from Anambra State...for now i am still sympathising with Plateau State indigenes hunted and killed by fulani herdsmen.
God forbid that I sympathise with them, same people cheering Python dance? They must surely get a full dose of karma for the civil war pogrom cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ttipsy(f): 4:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
Moorish:
As a westerner I’m happy to see that eastern cities are also developing

We should all hope for the best for eachother

Imagine having cities with high rises all over Nigeria
well said, we pray for a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Follygunners: 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2018
Anambralstson:

Onitsha host more high-rises than any city in Nigeria, having two skyscraper in middle of slums don't really make sense to me, last I visited Ibadan more than 85% of Coco house apartments are empty no tenants, especially last floor to fourth floor, same with Marina and most areas in Lagos, outside banks headquarters, majority of the skyscrapers are empty

Building skyscraper in the east is not problem, major issue fully utilization.

Onitsha below

High-Rise Buildings? Looking for them...

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by koladebrainiac(m): 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2018
wait since when is built up area turn Development. why pipu dey argue here sef

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by nextstep(m): 4:22pm On Jun 25, 2018
ariesbull:

Germany
Australia
Switzerland
Swaziland

Are landlocked too

Just to clarify... the area in dark green is Germany, and the area in aqua is water, so...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Germany

You probably meant Austria... Australia is that large island in the South Pacific...

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by shizzle1: 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
aribisala0:
When a monkey is well trained it heeds INSTRUCTIONS . Like Enter your cage or
Be Silent.
This is not DISCUSSION

Just Keep quiet and stay in your cage
Some yellow fruits are on the way
yorobaboons like this thing make me sick

Ibknow say dis one pain your abobaku conehead no be small.

Please go and take enough dose of otapiapia and meet your mentor awolo-awor in hades

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by koladebrainiac(m): 4:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
thank God Eastern state is witnessing development. at least no one will start shouting marginalization. we need Federal presence in the west, please .

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Follygunners: 4:25pm On Jun 25, 2018
The BIGGEST problem with the typical okoro man is this same chest-beating and lousiness. grin

They keep making noises abt how developed the east is yet, they all keep running away from that "developed place" to our beloved Yoruba-land? undecided. E tire me oo. undecided Do you ever see Americans, Europeans et al... running away from their developed lands?

Okoro pple and stupidity.. grin
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by shizzle1: 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2018
Yyeske:
Several people including myself had said it on this forum that Onitsha metro area is one of the largest in the country but some haters were arguing blindly, I hope they can see the raw fact now
The same people arguing blindly against the Onitsha status are the same sophisticated mor0ns urging you on each time you display your wanton idiocy of insulting and denigrating your fellow Igbos on this forum

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) / Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes / 10 Interesting Facts About Kwara State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.