Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,560 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa (38183 Views)

Nigeria's Largest Built-up Urban Areas In 2021 - Demographia / Lagos And Onitsha Are Most Urbanized Areas In Nigeria - Demographia 2020 Report / 2019 Largest Built-Up Urban Area: Lagos, Onitsha Ranked 1st, 2nd In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Yyeske(m): 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2018
ariesbull:

Austria

Germany is landlocked and the only access Germany have to sea is via Rhine and Baltic .. Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland are also landlocked and they are the best performing economies in Europe
Germany is not landlocked, check out the northern fringes of that country and you'll see.It has access to both the Baltic and North Sea in the north and both seas touching Germany.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by totit: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2018
donb06:
where for ibadan una go just dey ibadan is a typical slum.

Could you please, speak a modern, human language grin
Shm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ttipsy(f): 5:40pm On Jun 25, 2018
donb06:
my brother common owerri is finer than all sw states apart from lagos, na ekiti?, osun?, oyo? ondo? ogun try small sef this lagos is really deceiving this afonjas... once u call yoruba the only place na lagos lagos lagos lagos
Did you just say "common Owerri " ??
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Sunnyflex(m): 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ofemannnu:
Good for Lagos, Onitsha,Ibadan and the rest in the list but Ibadan is more developed than all South East joined together. What will you do about that grin
Government revenue plus the effort of Ndigbo put together, make Ibadan what it is today.
The igbos are pure entrepreneurs, with maybe 10% civil or public servants..
You could imagine the geometrical increase of the SE economic growth and development after the civil war..
The so called Lagos are dominated by Ndigbo and 80% revenue generated by lagos state is as a result of the LIGHT of the SE. Sentiment apart.
Ndigbo are different from any other ethnic groups in Nigeria, sentiment apart.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by seniorkachion(m): 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2018
[quote author=ariesbull post=68804524]

No airport
No functional river port
No federal government facility
No other tribes facilities
94% Igbo economy and run by Igbo
Was bombarded 50 years ago

Now tell me why Igbo don't have that bragging right again ?[/quote

No other tribe or section of this country has their own version of Onitsha, Aba and now Nnewi. Three great commercial, industrial cities entirely built up by the indigenous people and never having being a state or regional or national capital at any period since their founding. Awesome.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by wtfcoded: 5:47pm On Jun 25, 2018
Igbo amaka grin
Onitsha just dey start sef grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Sinistami(m): 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2018
aribisala0:

Representing Nigeria well?

What is good about being on the list?

What does it mean?

Do you have any idea?

I am sorry but you cannot think? That thing inside your skull is decoration.

I do not get why being on this "LIST" is something to be happy about or what the list means

if you don't understand too then Yu sef yo brain na decoration.
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by nextstep(m): 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2018
ariesbull:

Austria

Germany is landlocked and the only access Germany have to sea is via Rhine and Baltic .. Luxembourg, Austria, Switzerland are also landlocked and they are the best performing economies in Europe

Germany has a coast on the Baltic Sea... as well as on the North Sea. It is not landlocked... are we talking about a different country? Please zoom out on your map (I've included a snapshot from Google Maps).

From Wikipedia (for your convenience): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany#Geography
... " Germany is also bordered by the North Sea and, at the north-northeast, by the Baltic Sea. "

I'm really confused why anyone would look at the map, read about German coastal cities, see the description, and still call it landlocked...

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Obdk: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ofemannnu:
Good for Lagos, Onitsha,Ibadan and the rest in the list but Ibadan is more developed than all South East joined together. What will you do about that grin

U didnt ve to filter d pictures so we don't see d brown roofs

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
This is a fact that has been hidden for so many years by the racist British people and their minions. For sure they would like it to stay hidden if it's up to them. The northern part of Nigeria is nothing but uninhabitable arid land but they would like you to believe that they have the greatest population. Having land mass NEVER translates to population!

7 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Niyinficient(m): 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
This list..hhhmmmm

Even Nairobi, Accra and the likes of Abidjan is ahead of the likes of Rome and Berlin.....if i hear

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by wtfcoded: 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ofemannnu:
Ibadan even lagos wey oyibo pple wey colonise us first start to develop for more than 100 years now.
Southeast development is not even up to 40 yrs with the government neglects.
Just give southeast more 10 years, then you will know igbos are truly extraordinary people.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by biafraisdead(m): 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
jjmk:

Must we always bring in tribe, religion and all those bigotry into everything? Ha! I just tire.
The answer is No. but I know it was an Anambrarian that posted this one. go through all my post u would know am not an ethnic bigot.
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by AreaFada2: 6:22pm On Jun 25, 2018
I do not think being almost fully built up is a great thing in today's world. It means less room for future, expansion, more pollution, less green space, little or no nature reserve, more likelihood of slums, transportation challenges, flooding after rains,etc.

Only in Africa we misconstrue concrete, traffic horror ad large populations in small spaces as evidence of being top dog. Developed nations are seeking how to de-congest and create "green lungs" within cities, like Fashola tried a bit with some small green parks in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
biafraisdead:

The answer is No. but I know it was an Anambrarian that posted this one. go through all my post u would know am not an ethnic bigot.

Is there a problem when an Anambra man creates this thread or are you intimidated by them? I want to know

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Naruto87(m): 6:26pm On Jun 25, 2018
illiteracy is truly a disease... see as peeps are happy about it. please check the meaning of "built up urban areas" that's doesn't mean developed oo
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by biafraisdead(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2018
ariesbull:

Is there a problem when an Anambra man creates this thread or are you intimidated by them? I want to know
intimidated by who? God forbid. In as much as I don't like talking down on any tribe but I must tell u that the ibos if not for Anambra people are very nice people I have lots of ibo friends; rather than say intimidated I would rather say I look down on the average Anambra person(though it is not in my character to speak in this manner). Note that I do not dislike people from Anambra but among the ibos I prefer the ibos of Enugu and Imo because of their liberal nature. My reason of calling the op an Anambrarian is this 'built up urban' does not mean developed it only means u used up available spaces(as the name suggests) but the op thought it meant developed; if it were to mean developed, how on earth do u think Anambra would rank above Abuja and ph?
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2018
biafraisdead:

intimidated by who? God forbid. In as much as I don't like talking down on any tribe but I must tell u that the ibos if not for Anambra people are very nice people I have lots of ibo friends; rather than say intimidated I would rather say I look down on the average Anambra person(though it is not in my character to speak in this manner). Note that I do not dislike people from Anambra but among the ibos I prefer the ibos of Enugu and Imo because of their liberal nature. My reason of calling the op an Anambrarian is this 'built up urban' does not mean developed it only means u used up available spaces(as the name suggests) but the op though it meant developed.

You are not Igbo...so shut up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by AreaFada2: 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
nextstep:

Germany has a coast on the Baltic Sea... as well as on the North Sea. It is not landlocked... are we talking about a different country? Please zoom out on your map (I've included a snapshot from Google Maps).

From Wikipedia (for your convenience): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany#Geography
... " Germany is also bordered by the North Sea and, at the north-northeast, by the Baltic Sea. "

I'm really confused why anyone would look at the map, read about German coastal cities, see the description, and still call it landlocked...
A lot of people know little about world geography.

Germany that has seaports and coastal areas and islands. How can it be landlocked?

From Bremerhaven to Hamburg. Islands like Ruegen/Rugia and Stralsund in Pomerania.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by biafraisdead(m): 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
ariesbull:

if 'built up urban' means developed, how on earth do u think Anambra would rank above Abuja and ph?
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by LastSurvivor11: 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
ariesbull:

No airport
No functional river port
No federal government facility
No other tribes facilities
94% Igbo economy and run by Igbo
Was bombarded 50 years ago

Now tell me why Igbo don't have that bragging right again ?

U mudered it baba..
No one can believe Igbos were defeated 50 years ago with no single government intervention for recovery..
I think an average IGBO man should be a chest beater..
I am proud to be ONE..

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by biafraisdead(m): 7:00pm On Jun 25, 2018
ariesbull:

if 'built up urban' meant developed then how on earth do u think Anambra would rank above Abuja and ph? at least use ur brain for once.
Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
Naruto87:
illiteracy is truly a disease... see as peeps are happy about it. please check the meaning of "built up urban areas" that's doesn't mean developed oo

Built up Area is the carpet area plus the thickness of outer walls and the balcony. Super Built Up Area is thebuilt up area plus proportionate areaof common areas such as the lobby, lifts shaft, stairs, etc.

A built-up area is an area such as a town or city which has a lot of buildings in it

Built-Up Area or Plinth Area - Total covered area of the apartment or commercial property unit. It can be calculated by adding areas of utility ducts within property unit, internal and external walls to the carpet are. As a rule of thumb, built up area can be calculated by adding 10% loading factor on carpet area.

BUILT-UP AREA / PLINTH AREA:

The total building area in plot area is referred as Built up area. In simple, Area excluding empty space around the building is called Built up area or Plinth area.

Built up Area = Carpet area+ Thickness of All walls + balcon

So I think you are the illiterate...the term is even self explanatory...areas that has high rise or multi storey building...do you have a challenge with comprehension?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2018
LastSurvivor11:

U mudered it baba..
No one can believe Igbos were defeated 50 years ago with no single government intervention for recovery..
I think an average IGBO man should be a chest beater..
I am proud to be ONE..

Gbam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2018
biafraisdead:

if 'built up urban' meant developed then how on earth do u think Anambra would rank above Abuja and ph? at least use ur brain for once.

Before we talk let's know your state first...I know that you are so scared of Igbo leaving you and from the indication of your name ..now

Built-Up Area or Plinth Area - Total covered area of the apartment or commercial property unit. It can be calculated by adding areas of utility ducts within property unit, internal and external walls to the carpet are. As a rule of thumb, built up area can be calculated by adding 10% loading factor on carpet area.

BUILT-UP AREA / PLINTH AREA:

The total building area in plot area is referred as Built up area. In simple, Area excluding empty space around the building is called Built up area or Plinth area.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2018
AreaFada2:

A lot of people know little about world geography.

Germany that has seaports and coastal areas and islands. How can it be landlocked?

From Bremerhaven to Hamburg. Islands like Ruegen/Rugia and Stralsund in Pomerania.

You keep hammering on Germany...what about Austria, Luxembourg and Switzerland....are they not landlocked oga geography

4 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by ariesbull: 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
biafraisdead:

Go and learn the meaning of built up before you come and mind you port has a lot of low buildings ...in Onitsha it's a taboo to even build a 2 storey building....

5 Likes

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by aribisala0(m): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2018
Yyeske:
Just see you trying to kill yourself over nothing, when we say people like you should travel and see, you'll be saying we are trying to insult.
Compare the "so called" largest city in Africa, Ibadan you've always boasted about, you can see how it compares with "tiny" Onitsha, you should be ashamed that a city reduced to rubbles just some decades ago has trounced all cities in the SW except your Lagos you love to boast of too.

Trounced? According to a blogger. Obviously you are a trader .
and cannot read and analyse stuff for you.

You are one of those who lets other peole think for you

Someone comes here with some spurious statistic and gave a source. Have you looked it up

What exactly does any of this mean

Does it have any more meaning than a website coming up to claim Enugu men have the longest joysticks in the world?

I have been to Onitsha many times and I know i is a shit hole and along wiith Aba the two dirtiest places on earth..

Suddenly Onitsha is more "builtup" than Abuja and Kano and you are happy?

You are pathetic

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Ziggylady(f): 7:31pm On Jun 25, 2018
biafraisdead:

but u lied and u shall die.

Back to sender.. Back to you and your generation in IJN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by Yyeske(m): 8:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
aribisala0:

Trounced? According to a blogger. Obviously you are a trader .
and cannot read and analyse stuff for you.

You are one of those who lets other peole think for you

Someone comes here with some spurious statistic and gave a source. Have you looked it up

What exactly does any of this mean

Does it have any more meaning than a website coming up to claim Enugu men have the longest joysticks in the world?

I have been to Onitsha many times and I know i is a shit hole and along wiith Aba the two dirtiest places on earth..

Suddenly Onitsha is more "builtup" than Abuja and Kano and you are happy?

You are pathetic
I can bet you've never crossed the River Niger before, can you counter these facts with yours?
Shame on you that Ibadan couldn't measure up to Onitsha aside Lagos in the sw.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Onitsha Top The List Of Built Up Urban Areas In Africa by aribisala0(m): 8:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
Yyeske:
I can bet you've never crossed the River Niger before, can you counter these facts with yours?
Shame on you that Ibadan couldn't measure up to Onitsha aside Lagos in the sw.

Stop and use your head

What is this concept of most "Built up" town or city . What does it mean? How is it measured

Is there really such a thing?

Can you expalin that in less than 30 words

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes / Sondos al-Qattan Losing Brands After Her ‘Slavery’ Comments Went Viral (Pics) / Finland Japa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.