Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (13135 Views)

30 Days And 30 Nights (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / All In One Night (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Underlying Love (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by arherfish(m): 7:07am On Jun 30, 2018
It's my birthday house. Please show me love.

4 Likes

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by samtee37(m): 7:07am On Jun 30, 2018
Interesting.... But, please don't let there be much gap with your updates, because zit only make we the readers to get tired
Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Anijay1212(m): 7:07am On Jun 30, 2018
I am here
Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by osariemenk(m): 7:11am On Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMs2nKLvlUE

Please watch my comedy skit…Man Of the House
Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Prudent5217: 8:21am On Jun 30, 2018
Wonderful story can’t wait for the next episode
Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Taich(m): 8:26am On Jun 30, 2018
kayo80:
Chapter 13

It was some sort of punk rock themed party. Even though Jack wasn’t really into that kind of music, it was still a relief from hearing the same type of monotonous Nigerian party music at every Nigerian party or club. The party had extended outside the glass house residence, and Damilola greeted a few people before they made their way into the house. As they stepped into the crowded living room, a tall athletic guy appeared from nowhere and blocked them off. He had a mean look on his face for a few seconds, before cracking a smile and putting his arm around Damilola’s waist. She leaned in and kissed him, letting go of Jack’s hand in the process. When they pulled away, the guy looked at Jack with questioning eyes. Damilola whispered something in his ear, and he stretched his hand at Jack in greeting. After the two guys shook hands, Damilola told Jack to take a seat before walking off with her friend.

Jack squeezed through people to get to an empty couch. After a few minutes of sitting restless Damilola appeared with two bottles of beer in her hand and sat next to him. She leaned in and whispered in his ear, “Just say you would sleep with me and we will leave here right now.” He pulled back and shook his head at her; both in disgust and as an answer to her question. She smiled and got off the couch; with her eyes staring at him seductively, she walked backwards, till she got swallowed by the crowd.

……….

He sat there, drinking his beer and watching people dance till he started feeling seriously claustrophobic and decided to go out for some fresh air. He walked round the house, admiring the architecture, and landscaping in front. At the backyard was a small sized swimming pool with too many people swimming in it. There was another DJ at the back, and he played slow music at a low volume. Dark corners had boys and girls smooching.

Jack stood around for a while till he felt the need to pee. He took the last gulp of the beer, dropped the bottle by the wall and found his way back into the house through the backdoor kitchen entrance. “Where have you been? I’ve been looking all over for you.” Damilola said as she walked in to the kitchen from the other end. She walked over to him and pushed him back out the door with fear in her eyes.
“What happened? Did he try to force you?”
“Please, you need to get out of here.”
“What? What’s going on?”
“I made a mistake asking you to come here.” She said as she pulled him towards the side of the house.
“Stop!” He said and pulled her back. “You have to tell me what’s going on.”
“He is high and very pissed right now.”
“And?”
“He thinks…” She was saying, and then looked behind him and cursed under her breath, “Oh shit!”
Jack turned around fast enough to see the guy approaching him, but he wasn’t fast enough to stop the punch that hit him in the abdomen. With his hands holding his belly, he bent forward, and then sat on the floor in pain. Damilola’s friend was hyperventilating as he looked at Jack on the floor. He wanted to hit him some more, but could see Jack was in enough pain already. Damilola went straight at him, shouting, “Why did you do that? Why? I told you he was just my friend.”
Jack sat there, still in pain, watching everybody gather around, and wondering why he agreed to follow her to the party in the first place. He was angry and wanted to retaliate, but he was also in so much pain. It was like his internal organs had been shifted out of place. “I’m so sorry,” Damilola said as she squatted by his side. “I’m so sorry. He gets like that when he takes crack.” She left his side again and went off to the guy, screaming and pushing him. Jack just sat there, waiting…waiting for the slap he felt would soon hit Damilola in the face, and then something weird happened. The guy started crying. Damilola took him in her hands, cuddling his head. She held him by the hand and led him back into the house. When all eyes fell on him, he pulled himself up and walked around the house. He looked back at the entrance one last time before saying to himself, “she’ll be okay,” and then walking out the gate.
I am just reading this today. I love your style of writing, keep the good work up.

2 Likes

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by malificent(f): 8:32am On Jun 30, 2018
Nice story.

Following..

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by BchristopherJ(m): 8:37am On Jun 30, 2018
I think I like this story

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by chisiudeh: 8:38am On Jun 30, 2018
Nice work OP. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by dozofavour(m): 8:59am On Jun 30, 2018
chisiudeh:
Nice work OP. Keep it up.

Am waiting for the next chapter abeg.

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by brakemi24: 11:00am On Jun 30, 2018
Waiting for update

2 Likes

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Misternas89(m): 11:57am On Jun 30, 2018
Nice story you’ve got Kayo baba. I’m still following bumper to bumper though.

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:35pm On Jun 30, 2018
Chapter 16

They left the hotel around midday, and the drive back to the house was a quiet one. She tried getting him in a conversation a couple of times, but gave up after a few monotonous answers from him. All that had happened in the last few days were out of the ordinary for him, but what happened with Mr. Salami yesterday was the most disturbing one of all. He didn’t know if he could keep living in the house. There was no way he could unknow what he already knew about Mr. Salami, and the incidence in the car would haunt him for the rest of his life.

He saw Mr. Salami’s car when they drove into the compound and was glad that at least the man didn’t kill himself yesterday. All his life, he had thought of homosexual men as people that acted feminine, like the Instagram sensation, Bobrisky. Never would he have thought that a macho man like Mr. Salami had uncontrollable sexual urges for men; urges he couldn’t turn off even if he wanted to. With children from different women, no one would ever know what he really was. “Are you okay?” Damilola asked him, and he realized he had been sitting still in the parked car for far too long.
“Yes. I was just…just lost in thought for a minute there.” He said and opened the car door. The pair of jeans he had on was still damp and he couldn’t wait to get out of it. He greeted the gateman and leaned on the car roof to face Damilola. “Thanks for everything.”
“It’s the least I could do for putting you through what I did.” She said and smiled.
He returned her smile before walking off.

……….

After changing into dry clothes, he lay in bed, staring at the ceiling and thinking of his next move. Damilola had bought him brunch at a fast food joint on the way home, so there was no need to prepare any food right now. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his Itel. There was someone he needed to call.
“Hello, Mr. Ajanaku.” He said into the phone when the line connected.
“Good afternoon Mr. Afandolo. Hope no problem?”
“Umm! Well, I wanted to find out if I could sublet this place to someone else.”
The man was quiet for a while before saying, “What’s the issue sir?”
“Nothing; I just changed my job and need to move.” He lied.
“The interesting thing is that I just got off the phone with someone that had wanted to pay for this place before you came along.”
“Oh really?”
“Yes. If you are sure about this, I can call him back.”
“I’m sure.”
“Okay. I’ll call him and get back to you later in the day.”
“Thank you.”
“Okay then.”
“Okay. Bye.” Jack said and ended the call.

He lay still for a while, and then an idea popped into his head. He got off the bed, went over to his writing table, opened his laptop, and switched it on. He cracked his knuckles as the laptop computer went through the start up process. When it was fully functional, he clicked on the Windows icon on the bottom left of the screen, and then navigated to Microsoft Office. Jack stared at the white blank page in front of him, running ideas through his mind.

After a few minutes, he typed the words, Truth is Stranger than Fiction. He deleted it, and typed, Jack’s Crazy World. He pressed the back space button and kept his fingers suspended above the keyboard for a few seconds before typing, Jack and the Residents of No. 7 Cole’s Street. He sat back and read the words in his head several times, smiled, saved the document, and closed the laptop.

The End.

3 Likes

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thank you all so much for taking out time to read my story. If you liked this, you can click on my username/go to my profile, and read my other stories. wink

And to all the ghost fans, please try and leave comments every once in a while. Your comments keep we writers writing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by ZUBzero18(m): 1:39pm On Jun 30, 2018
I Doff My Hat To The Writer...Cant You Continue Please?

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Chikabel: 1:41pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thank you, kayo80. Good work!

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Charlesdock(m): 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2018
This is beautiful. More ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by GeeKlasic(m): 2:06pm On Jun 30, 2018
Badddessss

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by OlufemiWhit(m): 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
Wonderful piece.....

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by dammyd46(m): 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
kayo80:
Thank you all so much for taking out time to read my story. If you liked this, you can click on my username/go to my profile, and read my other stories. wink

And to all the ghost fans, please try and leave comments every once in a while. Your comments keep we writers writing.

Mr Kayo80 you always raise the bar with beautiful storyline every time but am not happy it ended so soon I was hoping the pastor's wife could bring in more twist and maybe other neigbhour or so. But great work
Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by dammyd46(m): 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2018
arherfish:
It's my birthday house. Please show me love.

happy birthday bro, wish you more life

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by jendox: 6:37pm On Jun 30, 2018
Thank you Kayo80 for sharing your story with us. You did a great job. God bless you more

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 7:55pm On Jun 30, 2018
dammyd46:

Mr Kayo80 you always raise the bar with beautiful storyline every time but am not happy it ended so soon I was hoping the pastor's wife could bring in more twist and maybe other neigbhour or so. But great work

You are a true fan. The pastor's wife did come to Jack complaining about being sex starved. But I cut that part out cos it wouldn't make it easy to end the story. I write novelettes... About 10,000 words... Quarter size of a novel...and I didn't want to stretch the story any longer. By the way, some part of the story is true. Just some part.

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Ann2012(f): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2018
Short and interesting

Kudos Oga Kayo80, your stories keeps me glued to my phone.
Expecting update on Ndidi and the telekinesis man oooo. Abeg

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by mrsnow94(m): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2018
Grabing my own seat.. ..where is dat guy selling popcorn!... hey! mineral!.. Come dz side, giv me 1 pepsi. collect' give me change. Oya OP! fire down .
Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by dlawnoni: 10:36pm On Jun 30, 2018

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by Tinalex(f): 1:59am On Jul 01, 2018
Very good piece.

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by olasco18(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
mrsnow94:
Grabing my own seat..
..where is dat guy selling popcorn!...
hey! mineral!.. Come dz side, giv me 1 pepsi. collect' give me change.
Oya OP! fire down .
collect one sense too please

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by TwittterNG: 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2018
FOllowing, mention me on your new post. Nice one if i must say

1 Like

Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by kayo80(m): 3:53pm On Jul 04, 2018
TwittterNG:
FOllowing, mention me on your new post. Nice one if i must say

Thanks. But the story has ended
Re: Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) by queenitee(f): 3:43pm On Jul 06, 2018
Awwn, so lovely

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Sites To Get Paid For Writing / Everybody Is A Genius / 'Stay With Me': Ayobami Adebayo Listed For UK Baileys Women's Prize For Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.