Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,485 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi (782 Views)

Wole Olanipekun: Why Obasanjo Almost Punched Me / Why Obasanjo Refused To Recognise June 12 / 2019: Why Obasanjo Turned Against Buhari - Ex Gov. Oyinlola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi by 11Ebiscoo: 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2018
Senator Ayo Fasanmi, a chieftain of Yoruba socio-political organization, Afenifere, has asked former President, Olusegun Obasanjo to retire from politics.

Fasanmi said the former President was an exhausted politician who should go on political retirement.

He warned Afenifere to avoid Obasanjo because his agenda was at variance with the objectives of the pan-Yoruba group.

Recall that Obasanjo had over the weekend met with some Yoruba elders in Lagos.

However, Fasanmi, while speaking with The Nation stressed that the former President was seeking relevance because he has outlived his political usefulness.

Fasanmi said, “As far as I am concerned, Obasanjo has become a spent force. He wants to be recognised as the one directing the affairs of the nation at every stage: from the time he was military head of state, civilian president, through (the late President Umaru Musa) Yar’Adua’s time to (former President Goodluck) Jonathan’s period. He has the feeling that he knows it all.

“I cannot recognise any invitation from Obasanjo. He described Abiola as not the messiah we were looking up to. Is Obasanjo the messiah now? I think he should retire. I know Obasanjo well. He cannot enjoy my support

“Fasoranti and Adebanjo are my good friends. We were in the Jos convention of the Action Group (AG) together.

“We were followers of the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo. Obasanjo is not sincere. We should not allow Obasanjo’s politics to divide us.

“We should be careful about Obasanjo. I have my reservations about him. Yoruba must come together, but not behind Obasanjo; Obasanjo can’t lead us. He was a minister, military head of state and civilian president.

“The honour that was conferred on Abiola by President Buhari should have been done by Obasanjo. He did not do it.

“We thank President Buhari for doing this. We should support him and not Obasanjo’s agenda. Obasanjo should go into retirement. He only wants to be seen and heard.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/06/why-obasanjo-is-no-longer-useful.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi by MrGreenMavro: 6:06pm On Jun 26, 2018
Click LIKE if you think NIEGERIA [/b]will win, or SHARE if you think [b]ARGENTINA will win cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi by yarimo(m): 6:17pm On Jun 26, 2018
Anyone that thinks he can stop BUHARI from contesting or winning 2019 presidential election, will be irrelevant and useless before, during and after 2019 election.

BUHARI / OSIBANJO till 2023

APC till 9096
Re: Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi by daryoor(m): 6:48pm On Jun 26, 2018
some people are deluded to still believe obj is something to reckon with.

Expired agbo.

#Get that visa
Re: Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi by tuniski: 7:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
yarimo:
Anyone that thinks he can stop BUHARI from contesting or winning 2019 presidential election, will be irrelevant and useless before, during and after 2019 election.

BUHARI / OSIBANJO till 2023

APC till 9096
Sick!
Re: Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi by papoudaupolos: 8:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
Hes on dying kicks mode

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi by debaj10: 8:35pm On Jun 26, 2018
u nko?
bunkum
Re: Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi by NdiaraIGBO: 8:36pm On Jun 26, 2018
Spent force. OBJ should go and sleep.

1 Like

Re: Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi by KAHBOOM: 8:45pm On Jun 26, 2018
Lols..Pipu dat were praising obasanjo are now against him..well am not suprised..If they betrayed dia mini god abiola who is obj. embarassed
Re: Why Obasanjo Is No Longer Useful Politically – Yoruba Elder, Fasanmi by Lagosfinder(m): 9:00pm On Jun 26, 2018
truism

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Obasanjo Leads Ex-general To Stop Reelection Bid Of Buhari / Ekiti Guber: APC Chieftain, Frank Drags Buhari, APC To UN Over Fayose’s Ordeal / Colonel Nyiam Makes Shocking Revelation On Why APC Is Party Of Witches, Wizards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.