Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah (1829 Views)

Sujood Ash-shukr: Rules, Regulations & Innovations / Sujuud Saawi (prostration Of Forgetfulness)- Qobli And Baadi / Prostration (sajda) On Earth/dust/clay As Against On Rug Or Carpet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:16am On Jun 27, 2018
Prolonging only the final Sujood is not proper. The Sujood should be of almost equal length.

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad , is His slave and Messenger.

If what you mean by “in the third Rak‘ah in the Sujood position” is the final Sajdah, then prolonging the Du‘aa’ in that specific Sajdah, excluding the others, is not part of the guidance of the Prophet . Even if making abundant Du‘aa’ is essentially legislated, such specification is not. The prayer of the Prophet , was almost balanced. Al-Baraa’ may Allaah be pleased with him said: "The Sujood and Rukoo‘ of the Prophet , as well as his sitting between the two Sajdahs, were almost equal in length." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

You should leave this act, as the best guidance is the guidance of Muhammad . Shaikh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen may Allaah have mercy upon him said: "Prolonging the final Sajdah is not part of the Sunnah, since the Sunnah is to have all parts of the prayer practically equal in length, i.e., Rukoo‘, standing after it, Sujood, and sitting between the two Sajdahs." This is as Al-Baraa’ ibn ‘Aazib, may Allaah be pleased with him said: “I observed the prayer with the Prophet , and I found his Qiyaam (standing), his Rukoo‘, his Sujood, and his sitting at the end to be almost equal in length.” This is best, but know that there is another place for Du‘aa’ other than Sujood, and that is the Tashahhud. The Prophet , taught ‘Abdullaah ibn Mas‘ood the Tashahhud and said: “Then let him choose whatever Du‘aa’ he likes.” He thus made the Du‘aa’ permissible, whether short or long, after the final Tashahhud, prior to saying Tasleem (to end the prayer)." [End of quote]

Finally, it is best for you to distribute the Du‘aa’ throughout the different Sajdahs of the prayer, until each is similar in length to the others, and that you make Du‘aa’ after Tashahhud and before the Salaam.

Allaah Knows best.

Cc: Sissie

Copied

3 Likes

Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by iamgenius(m): 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
JazaakaLlahu Khayran brother.
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Empiree: 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2018
SUBHANNAHLAH

CHAI

AKANDA EDA (Sallalahu aliy wasalam)

"I happened to pray one night with the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him. The Prophet started reciting al-Baqarah chapter of the Quran and I thought he would stop after 100 verses.

But when he went beyond it I thought that he may want to recite the whole chapter in one Rakah.

When he finished al-Baqarah I thought he would do Ruku but then he immediately started reciting al-Imran and when he finished he started reciting an-Nisa.

The Prophet was reciting very slowly with enough pauses and would do Tasbih (praising God) and Dua (supplication) according to the subject being discussed in the relevant Ayah.

After that the Prophet did Ruku (bowomg). In Ruku he stayed as long as he did when he was in Qiyam (standing in prayer). After Ruku he stood up for almost same time and then he performed Sajdah (prostration) and stayed there as long as he recited Quran while doing Qiyam". (Hudaifa, may God be pleased with him, narrated this hadith as in Sahih al Muslim, Nasai)

Of course, not all the Prayers of the Prophet were this long. In public he would pray for a shorter period of time and ask other imams to do the same. The Prophet use to make dua in Sajdah not just tasbeeh as we do in obligatory prayers. He used to cry in Sajdah. He would spend an extended amount of his time in Sajdah whenever he was praying on his own. Many times, however, Muslims would join him when they found him praying alone.

Na this human being some people said "he's just a human like us shocked na mehn
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by iamgenius(m): 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
Sura 18 - Ayat 110

قُلْ إِنَّمَآ أَنَا۟ بَشَرٌ مِّثْلُكُمْ يُوحَىٰٓ إِلَىَّ أَنَّمَآ إِلَـٰهُكُمْ إِلَـٰهٌ وَٲحِدٌ‌ۖ فَمَن كَانَ يَرْجُواْ لِقَآءَ رَبِّهِۦ فَلْيَعْمَلْ عَمَلاً صَـٰلِحًا وَلَا يُشْرِكْ بِعِبَادَةِ رَبِّهِۦٓ أَحَدَۢا

Proclaim, “ I am a human* like you – my Lord sends divine revelations to me – that your God is only One God; so whoever expects to the meet his Lord must perform good deeds and not ascribe anyone as a partner in the worship of his Lord.” (* Human but not equal to you, in fact the greatest in spiritual status.)

No doubt he's different from us spiritually. This shouldn't lead us to exaggeration of him.

2 Likes

Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Empiree: 6:39pm On Jun 27, 2018
The verse you quoted and the likes are meant only to establish he's human being created from clay not created from light like Angels. There is nothing like exerggeration about the prophet.
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by iamgenius(m): 8:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
I don't even know where he's named Amanda Eda. People like you also call him Adewale Muhammad.

You should have explained this ( Na this human being some people said"he's just a human like us) to people na
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Empiree: 8:55pm On Jun 27, 2018
Chai, got me confused. I had to check my post to be sure I didn't spell it wrong. O ga fun yin ooo

"Amanda Eda" grin

Your phone is incredible

So you don't know what "AKANDA EDA" means?

You be Yoruba or igbonna? cheesy

Call the prophet whatever name you want, whatever he means to you but doesn't relegates the fact that he is Rosulullah.

Any muslim may decide to call him other names base on his experience. This is what happened to nabi Isa alaiy salaam in Suratu 's-Saff.

And when Jesus the son of Mary said, O children of Israel, verily I am the apostle of God sent unto you, confirming the law which was delivered before me, and bringing good tidings of an apostle who shall come after me, and [b]whose name shall be Ahmed."

It is Jesus that called him by this name not Allah. Which means nabi Muhammad (saw) had a special place in the heart of Jesus (p) because he knew he (saw) would be praised a lot than him. You know why Jesus called him Ahmad?. Because when you love someone your love transcends and you name that person beloved name to you. That's why you can not figure out relationship between Muhammad and Jesus (p). And indeed, Ahmad means someone who is praised exceedingly (solati fatih comes to mind) cheesy Therefore, there is nothing like exerggeration in the praises of nabi Muhammad (saw) so long as you avoid two things: don't call him God or son of God. This is what the hadith is saying.

In the light of this is the reason some alfa named him Adewale Muhammad (saw). The name means something to them.

To me, his name is Yasin Muhammad ibn Abdullah(S) grin cheesy
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:26am On Jun 28, 2018
Empiree:
Chai, got me confused. I had to check my post to be sure I didn't spell it wrong. O ga fun yin ooo

"Amanda Eda" grin

Your phone is incredible

So you don't know what "AKANDA EDA" means?

You be Yoruba or igbonna? cheesy

Call the prophet whatever name you want, whatever he means to you but doesn't relegates the fact that he is Rosulullah.

Any muslim may decide to call him other names base on his experience. This is what happened to nabi Isa alaiy salaam in Suratu 's-Saff.

And when Jesus the son of Mary said, O children of Israel, verily I am the apostle of God sent unto you, confirming the law which was delivered before me, and bringing good tidings of an apostle who shall come after me, and [b]whose name shall be Ahmed."

It is Jesus that called him by this name not Allah. Which means nabi Muhammad (saw) had a special place in the heart of Jesus (p) because he knew he (saw) would be praised a lot than him. You know why Jesus called him Ahmad?. Because when you love someone your love transcends and you name that person beloved name to you. That's why you can not figure out relationship between Muhammad and Jesus (p). And indeed, Ahmad means someone who is praised exceedingly (solati fatih comes to mind) cheesy Therefore, there is nothing like exerggeration in the praises of nabi Muhammad (saw) so long as you avoid two things: don't call him God or son of God. This is what the hadith is saying.

In the light of this is the reason some alfa named him Adewale Muhammad (saw). The name means something to them.

To me, his name is Yasin Muhammad ibn Abdullah(S) grin cheesy

If we talk too much, we may say untruthful things thinking we are on the right! How did you know that it was Jesus that named the Prophet Ahmad and that Jesus was not inspired?

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

‘Iyaad said: The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) was Ahmad before he was Muhammad, because he was called Ahmad in the previous books, and he was called Muhammad in the Holy Qur’an. That is because his Lord praised him before people praised him. Likewise in the Hereafter, his Lord will praise him, then He will grant him intercession, then the people will praise him. So he was singled out for the honour of the soorah of praise, the banner of praise, and the station of praise and glory (al-maqaam al-mahmoud) and it was prescribed for him to praise Allah after eating, after drinking, after offering supplication, and after returning from a journey; and his ummah has been called those who give praise. So all types of praise were combined for him (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him).

End quote from Fath al-Baari by Ibn Hajar (6/555)

Let's go into Soofism a little. grin

Al-‘Allaamah Bakr Abu Zayd (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

Some of them made them ninety-nine names, like the number of the beautiful names of Allah, of which approximately seventy names are the same as the names of Allah, may He be exalted.

In Dalaa’il al-Khayraat, al-Jazooli listed two hundred names.

In his book al-Mustawfa fi Asma’ al-Mustafa, Ibn Dihyah listed almost three hundred names.

One of the Sufis took it to a thousand names. He said: Allah has one thousand names and His Messenger (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) has one thousand names. End quote.

Mu‘jam al-Manaahi al-Lafziyyah (p. 361)

Hence it was said that these numbers contain a great deal of exaggeration. The correct view is that the names of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) are far fewer than that, and it is not permissible to regard every description of him that is proven in the Qur’an and Sunnah as being among his names. Moreover, his names are a matter of tawqeef, i.e., it is not permissible to add to them anything that is not proven in the Qur’an and saheeh Sunnah.

Al-‘Allaamah Bakr Abu Zayd (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

That which has a basis in the texts is either a name, of which there are few, or a description, of which there are more. Everything else apart from that has no basis, so it cannot be applied to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), so as to guard against exaggeration and going to extremes. The prohibition is more emphatic if these names and attributes for which there is no basis involve any element of exaggeration or going to extremes in praising him. This category is what we are concerned with in this book, so as to warn against using any names that were not narrated from Allah or from His Messenger, of which there are very many. They usually occur in the books of Sufi tareeqahs and innovated awraad and adhkaar, such as Dalaa’il al-Khayraat by al-Jazooli. These names include Uhayd, Waheed, Minah, Mad‘oo, Ghawth, Ghiyaath, Muqeel al-‘Atharaat, Safooh ‘an az-Zallaat, Khaazin ‘Ilmillah, Bahr Anwaarik, Ma‘din Asraarik, Mu’ti ar-Rahmaah, Noor an-Anwaar, as-Sabab fikulli Mawjood, Haa’ ar-Rahmah, Meem al-Mulk, Daal ad-Dawaam, Qutub al-Jalaalah, as-Sirr al-Jaami‘, al-Hijaab al-A‘zam, Aayat-Allah.

Ninety-nine of these names are printed on the back cover of the Mushaf, and on the front cover are printed ninety-nine of the names of Allah, may He be exalted. That is in the Indian edition. Our shaykh, Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allah have mercy on him) pointed out that this should be removed from the Qur’an, and that was done; may Allah reward him with good. They are also written on the qiblah wall of the Prophet’s Mosque. May Allah enable whomever He will of His slaves to remove from the Mosque of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) that which was not narrated from him. And Allah is the source of strength.

After that I came across some very useful words, the meaning of which had crossed my mind – to Allah alone be praise. They were written by the great scholar of the Arabic language, Ibn at-Tayyib al-Faasi, in his commentary on Kifaayat al-Mutahaffiz by Ibn al-Ajdaabi. He said (p. 51):

Then he – the author of Kifaayat al-Mutahaffiz – described the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) as Allah, may He be exalted, describes him in the Holy Qur’an, as being the Seal of the Prophets, following good etiquette in that, because describing him as Allah described him – in addition to being in accordance with following his Sunnah, as he (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) would not approve of anything else – is also acknowledging one’s inability to come up with new ways of describing him and to praise him as he deserves, blessings and peace of Allah be upon him. Hence you will find the greatest scholars simply mentioning him – peace be upon him – according to what is mentioned in the Islamic texts, Qur’an and Sunnah, without inventing new phrases by themselves, in most cases. End quote.

Mu‘jam al-Manaahi al-Lafziyyah (p. 362-363)

And Allah knows best.

Please let's not derail the thread again!
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Empiree: 8:42am On Jun 28, 2018
All this sotry on top of waiting?.
Rashduct4luv:

If we talk too much, we may say untruthful things thinking we are on the right! [b]How did you know that it was Jesus that named the Prophet Ahmad and that Jesus was not inspired?
For the fact that Jesus was a prophet, he didnt speak of his own desire. So i needed not to say he named the prophet base on inspiration. Fact is, he called nabi muhammad Ahmad according to surah saff. Period

Other prophets and messengers probably called him by different names too
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2018
Empiree:
All this sotry on top of waiting?. For the fact that Jesus was a prophet, he didnt speak of his own desire. So i needed not to say he named the prophet base on inspiration. Fact is, he called nabi muhammad Ahmad according to surah saff. Period

Other prophets and messengers probably called him by different names too

You don't need to read it as long as it goes against soofism! Alhamdulillah, you now know Jesus did not name Muhammad Ahmad!
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Empiree: 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

You don't need to read it as long as it goes against soofism! Alhamdulillah, you now know Jesus did not name Muhammad Ahmad!
Fatwa you quoted doesn't even addressed the point. Hadith you quoted doesn't either. Quran in sura saff overrides them. It reads:

"Remember when Jesus said his name would be Ahmad.."

End quote
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by iamgenius(m): 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2018
Empiree:
Fatwa you quoted doesn't even addressed the point. Hadith you quoted doesn't either. Quran in sura saff overrides them. It reads:

End quote
O lágbára fun yin o.
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Empiree: 2:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
iamgenius:
O lágbára fun yin o.
what now
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:26pm On Jun 29, 2018
Empiree:

End quote

The Question really is "do you think Isa alayhi salam talked based on his own desires?"
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Empiree: 12:05am On Jun 30, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

The Question really is "do you think Isa alayhi salam talked based on his own desires?"
cheesy grin you just woke up?. Didn't I answer that before?.

The verse in sura saff rebuked everything you posted. By rational reason, it was Isa ibn mary'am(as) who first called him (saw) that base on that ayah. But by default, it was inspiration to him (as) by Allah through their relationship in spiritual realm due to another Hadith where the prophet (saw) alleged that Isa is closed to him. But doesn't rubbish the fact that it was Isa(as) who called him by the name, Ahmad
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 10:49am On Jun 30, 2018
Empiree:
cheesy grin you just woke up?. Didn't I answer that before?.

The verse in sura saff rebuked everything you posted. By rational reason, it was Isa ibn mary'am(as) who first called him (saw) that base on that ayah. But by default, it was inspiration to him (as) by Allah through their relationship in spiritual realm due to another Hadith where the prophet (saw) alleged that Isa is closed to him. But doesn't rubbish the fact that it was Isa(as) who called him by the name, Ahmad

Sorry! So Jesus spoke on his own accord and he was also inspired likewise? ok. bye.
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Empiree: 2:29pm On Jun 30, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

Sorry! So Jesus spoke on his own accord and he was also inspired likewise? ok. bye.
You have reading and listening problem undecided
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by aadoiza: 9:29am On Jul 01, 2018
Muslim brothers bickering as usual. Squabbling over inconsequence as always. Indulging their unseemly proclivities to fruitless and baseless loops of argumenta. I curse the days sectarianism, partisanship, factionalism, clique, and other forms of divisive persuasions and inclinations crept into the religion of Allah (SWT). The holy prophet of Allah would be disappointed in our subtle yet obvious attempts at glorifying and demonstrating the superiority of individual sects rather than reflecting the beauty of Islam.
Shame!!!
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:53am On Jul 02, 2018
Empiree:
You have reading and listening problem undecided

Just as you have reasoning and comprehension problem!
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by abdulazeez1002(m): 12:12pm On Mar 01, 2019
Jazaakallahu Khayran
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Lukgaf(m): 6:40am On Mar 08, 2019
You are very much correct Akhee. Sukran
Re: Prolonging Only The Final Sujood (prostration) Is Not From Sunnah by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 08, 2019
Haqq

(1) (Reply)

Val's Day Is Haraam. / Jarus, Mukina And Olabowale, I Got Your Messages Late / Attack On Prophet Mohamed's (sa) Tomb Could Stir Up Sectarian Hatred

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.