Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. (2699 Views)

North - How to Stop Fulani Genocide in Southern Kaduna / The Easiest Way To Stop Fulani Killings In The South / 2019 Presidency: INEC Reveals Only Thing That Will Stop Saturday's Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 12:11pm On Jun 27, 2018
If we can go to the root of these menace, we will get out of this mess. Else, this will be mere child's play in few years to come.

To stop this continuous blood birth -
1. Let government engage the nomadic Fulani cattle rearers and plan towards dedicated settlement in the respective state (please note cattle colony o).
2. Compensate them for all rustled cows till date.
3. Then discourage/criminalise nomadic lifestyle.
4. Support/promote cow 'market' (something like food bank).
5. Charter all the above and do massive orientation.

Sincerely, the few lines above are what a layman like us can come up with. How much more people in power with massive experience and authority in negotiations, relationship management and conflict resolution. They should not utilise all those for their political ambitions alone. If they care to listen, THEY'VE FAILED us. But the situation is not beyond redemption yet.

GOD bless Nigeria!
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by Enice(m): 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
1stNumeroUno:
If we can go to the root of these menace, we will get out of this mess. Else, this will be mere child's play in few years to come.

1. Let government engage the nomadic Fulani cattle rearers and plan towards dedicated settlement in the respective state (please note cattle colony o).

Sincerely, the few lines above are what a layman like us can come up with. How much more people in power with massive experience and authority in negotiations, relationship management and conflict resolution. They should not utilise all those for their political ambitions alone. If they care to listen, THEY'VE FAILED us. But the situation is not beyond redemption yet.

GOD bless Nigeria!
na ya no. 1 be the main challenge. Hypocrites and PDP slaves will not agree to it

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 2:50pm On Jun 27, 2018
Enice:
na ya no. 1 be the main challenge. Hypocrites and PDP slaves will not agree to it

You're right bro and that's where our problems starts from. Unfortunately, many of these men of authority can not trade their gain for peace of the land.

Shameful and heart achning.

But the earlier we deal with this the better.
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by SalamRushdie: 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2018
1stNumeroUno:

GOD bless Nigeria!

So you actually believe this has to do with cattles an grazing routes grin grin...so naive

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 3:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
SalamRushdie:

So you actually believe this has to do with cattles an grazing routes grin grin...so naive

Well since that's their claim; BLOCK it. Then we can wait them for any other move.

About naivety, you're right. I mentioned in the post that this is a layman's idea.

Since you're more informed, guide us please.

2 Likes

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by debaj10: 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
stop faya.
u dey oryt so?
sai baba, sombori!
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
1stNumeroUno:

GOD bless Nigeria!

And not even one thought about what the government could do to compensate or calm down the communities that have lost thousands of their loved ones all this time, see how we think in this country?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2018
SnowJay92:

And not even one thought about what the government could do to compensate or calm down the communities that have lost thousands of their loved ones all this time, see how we think in this country?

That's necessary too but we need to stop this 'wahala' first. At least if the killing has not happened in the first instance, there won't be need for compensation.

Besides is there really a compensation for loose of LIFE? I doubt it.
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 3:52pm On Jun 27, 2018
debaj10:
stop faya.

u dey oryt so?

sai baba, sombori!

I'm sure you ain't serious about that...
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by statusquoante: 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
No to grazing reserves/cattle ranches/cattle colonies in any part of southern Nigeria.
The core north is big enough for all of the above.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
1stNumeroUno:

I'm sure you ain't serious about that...
u must be mad. Putting mouth in wat u know nothing about except wat u read online. The herdsmen move around cos of weather nd tse tse fly. In the course of doing dat dey destroy pples farm. Ur write up talks about compensatiing dem for cows stolen or killed. D farmers crop nko. Y shud i plant foodcrops and expect harvest and one day i go to my farm and see cows have eaten my tins. All herdsmen must be mad

1 Like

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
yeyerolling:
u must be mad. Putting mouth in wat u know nothing about except wat u read online. The herdsmen move around cos of weather nd tse tse fly. In the course of doing dat dey destroy pples farm. Ur write up talks about compensatiing dem for cows stolen or killed. D farmers crop nko. Y shud i plant foodcrops and expect harvest and one day i go to my farm and see cows have eaten my tins. All herdsmen must be mad

Well as I mentioned earlier, these are the starter to resolutions. Compensating farmers too is very necessary, but when they've been killed who will collect the compensation?

We need to stop this barbaric act first! Compensation second.

1 Like

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by phemmyutd(m): 9:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
SnowJay92:

What about the N10b federal government promised? Is that not a compensation?

2 Likes

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by phemmyutd(m): 9:54pm On Jun 27, 2018
1stNumeroUno:

GOD bless Nigeria!

Brother,
I am so disappointed in people always crying when this evil calamity happens. Nobody want to talk about the genesis of these problems we are facing. Without addressing problem from it root, no way the problem could be solved.
Whenever these Fulani's are attacked, nobody cares, sometimes their cows will be killed, stolen and most times kill these Fulanis, but no one will take it serious until when the reprisal happens.

Gov. Obiano did something that I cherished when similar situation happened in Anambra. He invited the farmers and the herdsmen, dialogue with both, asked herdsmen to pay for the farm land damaged by their cows and the governor paid damages for the cows killed by the farmers. This brought peace to the land.
But when you have a case where nobody want to hear stories from both side, I doubt if their will be peace.

Let every state government a portion grazing field for herdsmen and charg them some reasonable amount per year, this will be an income to the state and also make peace.

2 Likes

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by conductor98: 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2018
1 step to stop Fulani terrorism

1. Divide Shithole Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 10:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
phemmyutd:

Brother,
I am so disappointed in people always crying when this evil calamity happens. Nobody want to talk about the genesis of these problems we are facing. Without addressing problem from it root, no way the problem could be solved.
Whenever these Fulani's are attacked, nobody cares, sometimes their cows will be killed, stolen and most times kill these Fulanis, but no one will take it serious until when the reprisal happens.

Gov. Obiano did something that I cherished when similar situation happened in Anambra. He invited the farmers and the herdsmen, dialogue with both, asked herdsmen to pay for the farm land damaged by their cows and the governor paid damages for the cows killed by the farmers. This brought peace to the land.
But when you have a case where nobody want to hear stories from both side, I doubt if their will be peace.

Let every state government a portion grazing field for herdsmen and charg them some reasonable amount per year, this will be an income to the state and also make peace.

GOD bless you bro! Valid points here... expecting more from our leaders.
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 10:42pm On Jun 27, 2018
phemmyutd:

What about the N10b federal government promised? Is that not a compensation?

Compensation is a good move but stopping the menace should be our priority.
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by abumeinben(m): 12:28am On Jun 28, 2018
1stNumeroUno:

GOD bless Nigeria!

Yeah govt should also pay for the lost human lives.
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 5:53am On Jun 28, 2018
abumeinben:

Yeah govt should also pay for the lost human lives.

I won't disagree with that, but who'll collect compensation for a whole family wiped out already?

And don't you think compensation for life is 'inhuman' and belittling the worth of our lives? Let's ponder on this o.
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by abumeinben(m): 6:44am On Jun 28, 2018
1stNumeroUno:

I won't disagree with that, but who'll collect compensation for a whole family wiped out already?

And don't you think compensation for life is 'inhuman' and belittling the worth of our lives? Let's ponder on this o.

I raised that point just so you knew cow rustling compensation makes zero sense. You're actually support cow-for-human killing.

2 Likes

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by gratiaeo(m): 7:14am On Jun 28, 2018
Redeploy all fulani soldiers, police, dss etc from affected state replace them with southern officers and see bye bye to fulani killing.

1 Like

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by speedyGonzales: 8:12am On Jun 28, 2018
nonsense from another terrorist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 8:59am On Jun 28, 2018
abumeinben:

I raised that point just so you knew cow rustling compensation makes zero sense. You're actually support cow-for-human killing.

I understand your initial stance and I agree with you. But my opinion is if we are focusing on compensation for life lost we are then equating human life to animal.

Stopping this monster should be our primary focus.
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by abumeinben(m): 9:16am On Jun 28, 2018
1stNumeroUno:

I understand your initial stance and I agree with you. But my opinion is if we are focusing on compensation for life lost we are then equating human life to animal.

Stopping this monster should be our primary focus.

Stopping this monsterous, inhuman act is simple. They say there're nomads bah? Why aren't they in Cameron, Ghana, or even Benin republic here? I'm not gonna sacrifice my land/health for some animal businesses to thrive. Even FAO had said on Twitter that cattle herding is unsafe.

Only solution: They should go back to the hell hole they creeped out of.

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 10:23am On Jun 28, 2018
abumeinben:

Stopping this monsterous, inhuman act is simple. They say there're nomads bah? Why aren't they in Cameron, Ghana, or even Benin republic here? I'm not gonna sacrifice my land/health for some animal businesses to thrive. Even FAO had said on Twitter that cattle herding is unsafe.

Only solution: They should go back to the hell hole they creeped out of.

Only if they know...

Unfortunately, our government has never lived up to expectations - orientating the herders and providing ranches for them in their places.

1 Like

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
1stNumeroUno:

That's necessary too but we need to stop this 'wahala' first. At least if the killing has not happened in the first instance, there won't be need for compensation.

Why do criminals have to be placated? Why not let the heavy arm of the law fall on them? Your proposed solution is fatally flawed, you give a mouse cookies he'd surely want a glass of milk, I for one believe that even if all the states in Nigeria were shared into two and half of it all given to fulanis for grazing, it won't stop them from killing. Solution goes beyond all that.
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 10:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
SnowJay92:

Why do criminals have to be placated? Why not let the heavy arm of the law fall on them? Your proposed solution is fatally flawed, you give a mouse cookies he'd surely want a glass of milk, I for one believe that even if all the states in Nigeria were shared into two and half of it all given to fulanis for grazing, it won't stop them from killing. Solution goes beyond all that.

Well said.

But has the 'heavy' arm of law ever fell on them since they've been perpetuating this evil? My opinions above might not be the best solution, I'm just saying govt have to stop nomadic lifestyle of the cattle rearers - its archaic. Without that we'll dwell on this for a long while.
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by Omololu2121: 10:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
1stNumeroUno:

but there is a compensation for loss of cows? But you feel there should be no compensation for life's and properties(farmlands, house,cars etc) undecided

If I say wetin dey my mind eh,you go think throughout the night.

When will this herdsmen try all this trash in Benin republic, Togo, Ghana, ivory coast etc they can only do all this trash in Nigeria, cause Nigeria is a failed state
Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by Omololu2121: 10:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
phemmyutd:

what of states that don't want herdsmen to graze on their lands?

1 Like

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by Turantula(m): 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
conductor98:
1 step to stop Fulani terrorism

1. Divide Shithole Nigeria
Wisdom wee not kee you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by Turantula(m): 10:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
speedyGonzales:
nonsense from another terrorist
Gbam

Re: These 5 Steps Will Stop Fulani-herdsmen Continuous Blood Shed. by 1stNumeroUno: 11:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
Omololu2121:
but there is a compensation for loss of cows? But you feel there should be no compensation for life's and properties(farmlands, house,cars etc) undecided

If I say wetin dey my mind eh,you go think throughout the night.

When will this herdsmen try all this trash in Benin republic, Togo, Ghana, ivory coast etc they can only do all this trash in Nigeria, cause Nigeria is a failed state

It's like many are not getting my point about compensation for lives lost.

Let me share an illustration.
In my former compound a guy was doing laundry business. So he watches the clothes at home and take it to his shop for collection. In the next compound there were some young boys that'll play football into our compound and stain the guys work. Knowing what has happened, they'll wait till nobody is in the compound and jump the fence to collect their ball. Sometimes the laundry guy will cut the ball. He has reported to their parent severally, they'll apologies sometimes and other time they'll bluff him.
I felt this guy's pain and one Sunday evening while we're discussing casually he mentioned his frustration on the matter. We then agreed to always lock our gate (fortunately only the two of us were staying in the compound) and I suggested he should put broken bottle on the fence. Before next Tuesday he has done that and THERE WAS PEACE. If their ball enter our compound it will be there until his church mind tells him to throw it back for them.

Compensation for life lost and properties are okay. But will that take away the sorrow of man that lost wife and 3 children with one of his arm severed already?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trump Says Saudi King Won’t Last Two Weeks Without US Military Support / The Moslem Igbo Village- Simon Ottenburg 1951 / Predictions For 2020 Obaseki Loses Re-election,lawan Gets Impeached As Wike Deca

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.