Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,909 members, 7,838,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? (17838 Views)

World Dirtiest Man, Amou Haji Has Died In Iran At Age 94 (pictures) / Shocking!! See The Dirtiest Part Of The Human Body You Don't Expect / Which Tribe/ethnic Group Is The Dirtiest In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
And person go dey advise me to relocate go mainland.
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Gerrard59(m): 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2018
I doubt you have been to Ojo. First time I went there, I pitied the residents and knew that government has totally forgotten the area and dwellers. That place is horrible to live in. Toxic, polluted, dirty, smelling, dilapidated roads everywhere etc. That is when you will know that Nigerians are suffering, really hard. Also, that was when I knew the rate of poverty as presented by international organisations is not false.

Alas, we are poorer than India!

4 Likes

Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2018
how is this dirty
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by bewla(m): 3:25pm On Jun 27, 2018
inoki247:
Makoko number 1.. under bridge Adekunle side check dere u c d differences... if u go to Makoko u c d clearer pictures...
ya pa
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by afilaka(f): 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
OP,I tink yoa bin biased knowing fully well that these pictures taken are places under construction,the aim of this (CONSTRUCTION) is for beautification,u refuse to snap the whole place and thats bad,people like u are quick to judge evils but restrain to praise when good is bin done,REPENT. Mind you,i know all this cos my office is very close to this place.
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2018
Just2endowed2:

cleaning the state start with effort of everyone. we should stop dropping waste on the ground or throwing plastic waste from our car window.

Government need to set framework for plastic waste and nylon. we can go back to paperbag which is more perishable

True but if the government doesn't provide enabling infrastructure then there'll be dirt everywhere.

In this situation change begins with the government.

1. Let the state governments enact a policy that every structure/building must have waste drums in front of it or risk demolition.

2. Give waste trucks to private companies to collect these wastes. They'll pay tax of course and they will provide employment also.

3. Provide waste bins on walkways and roadsides.

4. Enact a law regarding waste disposal and littering and enforce it.

5. Provide a landfill where the waste will be incinerated.

6. For recyclable wastes, sign a public-private partnership to turn waste to wealth. In the process creating employment.

How difficult is that? Except that our leaders are intellectually bankrupt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by blingxx(m): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2018
Follygunners:
Nah.. It can't be lai lai... You need to go to Ajegunle, Mile 2, Okoko and anywhere okoro pple dey in Lagos et al... grin

Savage Okoro pple brought dirt from their red-sand jungle down here. Anywhere you see them, you go dey see dirt, heap of rubbish et al.. angry Lagos used to be very, very clean till they started migrating in like Somali pple seeking refugee in Western civilazation...

Exactly why they all need to be deported back to their jungle. angry angry

not only mile 2 and okoko.. the entire badagry expressway is sh*t especially during raining season

2 Likes

Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by kingenglish: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2018
You should visit makoko......
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Follygunners: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2018
blingxx:

not only mile 2 and okoko.. the entire badagry expressway is sh*t especially during raining season

Those miscreants are just too savage with all their mushroom shops everywhere. angry A world without them would be paradise, I swear! cool
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by abeliver: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2018
[img][/img]
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Follygunners: 3:38pm On Jun 27, 2018
afilaka:
OP,I tink yoa bin biased knowing fully well that these pictures taken are places under construction,the aim of this (CONSTRUCTION) is for beautification,u refuse to snap the whole place and thats bad,people like u are quick to judge evils but restrain to praise when good is bin done,REPENT. Mind you,i know all this cos my office is very close to this place.

My sister, na okoro man the guy go be. Na so dem dey do. angry
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by LyfeJennings(m): 3:39pm On Jun 27, 2018
Have U been to Ijora Badia, Orile, Mosafejo Amukoko...
Ojuelegba is a child's play
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by erico2k2(m): 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2018
ceejay80s:

ITS MUSHIN AND NOT OJUELEGBA

bros E be like say nah Ojuelegba U dey stay, the way you take para so ehhhnnnn grin grin grin grin
Nah joke I dey ohhh
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Follygunners: 3:45pm On Jun 27, 2018
Abeg, who be dat Ashofo mashanfani mod wey delete my objective comment? BS! angry angry

Where is the freedom of speech sef? So, cuz I spoke the truth abt the pple messing up our beautiful city, you deleted my comment? Nonsense! angry

So, you care not to delete 'their' own comments when they call we the superior Yoruba pple as dirty, abi?

To the mod wey delete my beautiful comment... You go dey use eba chop groundnut... Ase! angry

1 Like

Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Just2endowed2(m): 3:46pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ioannes:

True but if the government doesn't provide enabling infrastructure then there'll be dirt everywhere.

In this situation change begins with the government.

1. Let the state governments enact a policy that every structure/building must have waste drums in front of it or risk demolition.

2. Give waste trucks to private companies to collect these wastes. They'll pay tax of course and they will provide employment also.

3. Provide waste bins on walkways and roadsides.

4. Enact a law regarding waste disposal and enforce it.

5. Provide a landfill where the water will be incinerated.

6. For recyclable wastes, sign a public-private partnership to turn waste to wealth. In the process creating employment.

How difficult is that? Except that our leaders are intellectually bankrupt.

agreed in all u said. but the average mindset of nigerian is to dump purewater nylon on the floor or roadside or fling it through the car window.

Mindset of dumping anything on the road....and really we need to reduce plastic and nylon package by opting for paper bag in some item that are bought over the counter.

1 Like

Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Ttipsy(f): 3:55pm On Jun 27, 2018
we made it dirty
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by kay5you: 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ambode is working. Lol
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
Try visit Gwarimpa in lagos and u will know what dirty is. I won't even mention Kubwa or Kwali. Lagos na dirty place
Is Gwarimpa, Abuja really dirty? Or is there another Gwarimpa in Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
KingKingKing:

You well so.. these places mentioned are in Abuja and not Lagos

Ode.. how can u say those places aren't in lagos? Did u know where lagos is in Nigeria, or have u evver visited lagos before. If u don't know, better ask
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2018
EMMAACHILE:

Is Gwarimpa, Abuja really dirty? Or is there another Gwarimpa in Lagos?

Gwarimpa is in lagos, it's at the mainland after okokomaiko. Kubwa is before oshodi and Kwali is close to iyana ipaja. Check ur map/gps
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Buffalo2(m): 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ajangbadi na number 1 (Numero uno) grin
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Donwyz(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ioannes:
I think in terms of cleanliness Ambode has failed woefully.

Streets are now littered with bags of wastes.

Why is it so difficult to get waste management and disposal right in Nigeria?
and we have ministry of environment o both at Federal and state level but still no iota of progress in controlling wastes....This kind country sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Abiona001(m): 4:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
grin
Cowbuhari:
grin grin

identifying which part of lagos is the most dirtiest is just like identifying the more chronic liar between garba shehu and liar muhammed
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by ceejay80s(m): 4:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
erico2k2:

bros E be like say nah Ojuelegba U dey stay, the way you take para so ehhhnnnn grin grin grin grin
Nah joke I dey ohhh
was born and brought up in surulere, so must defend ojuelegba anytime any day, ojuelegba still better pass mushin 100% , all these photos here on Nairaland is as a result of Lagos govt reconstructing that area
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by chuks34(m): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2018
pol23:
This Auto Josh..
How does He make FP almost everyday...
I dey smell corruption...I might be wrong though.

Thats his reward for posting educative and informative posts

1 Like

Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by santori: 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
Just2endowed2:

cleaning the state start with effort of everyone. we should stop dropping waste on the ground or throwing plastic waste from our car window.

Government need to set framework for plastic waste and nylon. we can go back to paperbag which is more perishable

bros, lagos was not this dirty when fashola was at the helms, Ambode has performed woefully in terms of waste management. let's call a spade a spade
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
Ojuelegba is is one of the busiest places in Lagos. It is located in Surulere local government area of Lagos State.

That location has always been notorious for its crowded setting. This disorganized setup was depicted in Fela’s 1975 Confusion album,

Ojuelegba is one of the key transport nodes of Lagos state. It interconnects the city’s mainlands with Lagos Island and Victoria Island. It also serves as a connecting point for people who commute the three surrounding districts of Yaba, Mushin and Surulere.

In the 80s and 90s, Ojuelebga was known for its boisterous night life, connecting revelers to Fela Kuti’s Moshalashi Shrine on Agege Motor Road and to the redlight district starting in Ayilara street through to parts of Clegg Street

Sadly, today, Ojuelegba has become such an eyesore – a place of filth.

https://autojosh.com/is-ojuelegba-the-dirtiest-part-of-lagos/

Lagos is the slum.
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by pukena(m): 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
Why pay a web design company over N100k to build your ecommerce website when you can do it yourself for free?

Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by purplekayc(m): 5:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
Wizkid area
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by ablemachine(m): 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2018
ITS MUSHIN AND NOT OJUELEGBA

Correct undecided
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by rossyc(f): 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
inoki247:
Makoko number 1.. under bridge Adekunle side check dere u c d differences... if u go to Makoko u c d clearer pictures...
That makoko sha, I wonder how people are coping there....The place is an eyesore. Same with agboyi bridge, ketu axis.
Re: Is Ojuelegba The Dirtiest Part Of Lagos? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
Just2endowed2:

agreed in all u said. but the average mindset of nigerian is to dump purewater nylon on the floor or roadside or fling it through the car window.

Mindset of dumping anything on the road....and really we need to reduce plastic and nylon package by opting for paper bag in some item that are bought over the counter.

True and that's where enforcement comes in. You can't make laws and go to sleep. You have to enforce the law. Human beings generally tend towards law breaking.

When these same Nigerians leave the shores of this country they abide by the laws of the land where they settle because there's proper enforcement there.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help!! My Life Is Being Destroyed By Drug Addition. / Mentally-Ill Man Caged For 11 Years By His Mother (PHOTOS) / 8 Preventive Measures Against Cancer Everyone Should Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.