Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Pink Colored Radiator Coolant - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pink Colored Radiator Coolant (3424 Views)

Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Water Or Coolant For Radiator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pink Colored Radiator Coolant by cecegorz(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
Hey folks,

Please where can one get pink colored coolant in Lagos. I've been using my car for close to 6mths now and the coolant tank is beginning to get close to the lower level mark.

I have sent people to trade fair, Ikeja and Ojuelegba and all they see is the green colored ABRO brand.

Besides, is it ok to top up the tank with water if i can't get coolant asap.

Ideas anyone?
Re: Pink Colored Radiator Coolant by elms: 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2010
@poster
PLEASEEEEE don't top it with the green coloured abro brand because the moment you do that, a chemical reaction is initiated and your radiator walls and engine cooling jackets will begin to corrode. (We call them coolant but these stuff are actually anti-rust). The mixture of the two will do you too much damage than good. What you should do is just top up your reservoir with water which is the actual COOLANT, i am also wondering why you are loosing fluid which is not normal. If you must use the green coloured abro, please flush your radiator and engine cooling jacket and make sure there is no trace of the pink antirust in the cooling system. I wish you the best. I dont think you can get the pink coloured antirust any where in naija, but i might be wrong.
Re: Pink Colored Radiator Coolant by cecegorz(m): 5:40pm On Jun 07, 2010
^^^
Thanks a lot for the info bro.
elms:

@poster
What you should do is just top up your reservoir with water which is the actual COOLANT, i am also wondering why you are loosing fluid which is not normal.

You mean that under this Naija weather, that 6 months is too short for the tank content to move down level? Are the fluids meant to be there forever?
Re: Pink Colored Radiator Coolant by Onwan: 6:16pm On Jun 07, 2010
@Poster
Elms is very correct - IF you must use a different brand, you should drain and flush the initial first.

On the other hand, you need to have someone take a look at the radiator system (including the hoses and pipes) for possible leakage - very important check to find out the cause of the lowering of the initial coolant level, checking the fan's operation is also key.
Re: Pink Colored Radiator Coolant by KunleA2(m): 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2010
You can top off with water if you can't find the pink one. Otherwise, like previously advised, completely drain the one there and fill fresh with the green one.

Good luck.
Re: Pink Colored Radiator Coolant by elite(m): 9:45pm On Jun 07, 2010
my camry01 came wit the pink one. i lost a lot of it wen my automec removed the thermostat. I was advised to top it up wit ABRO green fluid which I did sometime in march. I'll get my automec to flush it asap! Thanks for the info!
Re: Pink Colored Radiator Coolant by cecegorz(m): 9:07am On Jun 08, 2010
Hey guys,

I appreciate y'all contributions.

I also threw the question at the automedics radio program this morning and they confirmed that i can top up with water only, and never to mix both colors!

But guys am also looking at the business side of this stuff, seems any one that happens to ship it in will make some brisk biz.       
Re: Pink Colored Radiator Coolant by KunleA2(m): 9:14am On Jun 08, 2010
cecegorz:

Hey guys,

I appreciate y'all contributions.

I also threw the question at the automedics radio program this morning and they confirmed that i can top up with water only, and never to mix both colors!

But guys am also looking at the business side of this stuff, seems any one that happens to ship it in will make some brisk biz.       

U have to remember that liquid is more xpensive to ship. Also, i paid like $12 for one gallon of the pink antifreeze (undiluted) here in California about 3 weeks ago. So its something to think about. I am not sure if Naijas are that crazy about the antifreeze to pay that much. No offense.

Many ppl don't even believe in antifreeze anyway undecided
Re: Pink Colored Radiator Coolant by cecegorz(m): 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2010
Kunle-A:

U have to remember that liquid is more xpensive to ship. Also, i paid like $12 for one gallon of the pink antifreeze (undiluted) here in California about 3 weeks ago. So its something to think about. I am not sure if Naijas are that crazy about the antifreeze to pay that much. No offense.

Many ppl don't even believe in antifreeze anyway undecided

You're right bro, few folks i know that are running on that pink are already topping up with water.

(1) (Reply)

Sprayed Car: Does It Mean The Car Is Bad? / I Need help in Programming ECU For Mitsubishi Montero / Selling A Registered Car With New Number Plate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.