Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,917 members, 7,824,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. (20912 Views)

Lady Shares Her Ordeal With Arab Men Who Almost Turned Her Into A Sex Machine / Nigerian Man Killed After His Filipino Wife Alleged That He Is A Criminal / Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Dyoungstar: 8:01am On Jun 28, 2018
A friend by name COLLINS EFEZINO ATAIBUNO that I lost communication with over 10 years now called my phone Friday last week asking for my location which I told him, he asked that we meet for a reunion, I agreed.

He came to my house at VI for visiting, after much I was expecting him to start leaving but he didn't say anything about going back that day, so I kept mute for it not to look like I am sending away. He stayed the first day, second day on the third day there were no signs of him wanting to leave, the only thing he does is wake up and use my phone to book bet9ja predictions after that he falls back to sleep.

I asked him his plans in Lagos he said he is looking for work, after watching him for few days, I was not comfortable with him around, I asked him to leave that I was traveling and the security will not let him stay in the compound.

He agreed to go, then begged me to connect him with people for jobs or invite him whenever I have project to execute. He asked to use my phone to book bet9ja games before going, I gave him not knowing he probably must have seen me typing my bank account pin one of the few times I purchased airtime in his presence or however he got to know my pin I cannot tell.

He used my phone in guise to book games and transferred 40,000 (forty thousand) naira to himself and deleted the alerts, it was later in the night I went to use the ATM that I got alert that did not correspond to what I was supposed to have.

I called my bank customer care line to verify, after much interrogation they told me that transfers were made to one Mr. Collins Ataibuno from my phone.

To say that this person was our next door neighbor right from 2000 to 2006, we were still very much younger then. We attended the same secondary school but last night I was checking his facebook page to find he wrote he school in warri. I even gave him my second phone free since he had none according to him, he was using people's phone to insert his SIM and call.

He also told me he was in the Nigerian police but was dismissed because they by order shot wrong persons.

The person in question is at large now.

Please, if you see him anywhere around kind reach me on 07066611666, thanks.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Dyoungstar: 8:02am On Jun 28, 2018
More

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by izzou(m): 8:07am On Jun 28, 2018
So so sorry bro

I advise you edit some of the pictures. Your personal details like where you reside and your contact is public.

Also, if you haven't reported to the police, you have actually done nothing.

And if you can really get over this, then just forgive him and move on. You learnt your lesson. Just try and move on.

So sorry

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Oyindidi(f): 8:16am On Jun 28, 2018
Na wa for this Collins

7 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by kodded(m): 8:19am On Jun 28, 2018
izzou:
So so sorry bro

I advise you edit some of the pictures. Your personal details like where you reside and your contact is public.

Also, if you haven't reported to the police, you have actually done nothing.

And if you can really get over this, then just forgive him and move on. You learnt your lesson. Just try and move on.

So sorry

op na you send am friend request so why you dey complain ?

Mr man I am still looking for where the op gave out his personal information ?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by izzou(m): 8:20am On Jun 28, 2018
kodded:

op na you send am friend request so why you dey complain ?

Mr man I am still looking for where the op gave put his personal information ?

His phone number is on the chat. And he said he resides in VI

I don't think those info are necessary

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by ayourbamie: 8:27am On Jun 28, 2018
Take heart bro.
Na u go invite am

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Dyoungstar: 8:32am On Jun 28, 2018
ayourbamie:
Take heart bro.

Na u go invite am

Do you think it's bad to reunite with a long lost friend?

22 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by kinibigdil: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2018
Bro if you can just forget him and move on and remove your contract details
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Partnerbiz3: 9:37am On Jun 28, 2018
Guy edit some of your details...
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by pocohantas(f): 9:57am On Jun 28, 2018
A screenshot of your bank statement, showing the money left your account for his would be nice.

Just to be sure Collins is actually a thief smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Dyoungstar: 10:23am On Jun 28, 2018
Account details but account number doesn't show this way.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by sholay2011(m): 10:33am On Jun 28, 2018
pocohantas:
A screenshot of your bank statement, showing the money left your account for his would be nice.

Just to be sure Collins is actually a thief smiley
Are you serious? grin

Sorry about your loss, OP. Why do people repay good with evil? But this Collins guy is actually quite foolish and short-sighted. No one here should mention he is just hustling. When will N40,000 not finish? Why cant he be loyal and maybe you can even help him locate a source that generates close to 40K periodically?

Why do people want to spend money but not work? Na wa.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Dyoungstar: 10:43am On Jun 28, 2018
sholay2011:

Are you serious? grin

Sorry about your loss, OP. Why do people repay good with evil? But this Collins guy is actually quite foolish and short-sighted. No one here should mention he is just hustling. When will N40,000 not finish? Why cant he be loyal and maybe you can even help him locate a source that generates close to 40K periodically?

Why do people want to spend money but not work? Na wa.

Sholay my man how far na?

Don't mind the fool.
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Seconsol92(m): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2018
Bros you get plenty notification o

4 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by bilo1(m): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2018
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Benblaq(m): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2018
I had a similar experience last month.
I went to garrison in Ph to purchase a fairly used phone. Me being a sharp guy knew the tactics and the cunning nature of those touts there. And so I calmed down and maintained my "NO" to the million questions of "bros na phone you want?"

Hours later I saw my long lost football team mate, bobo (anywhere you are may God forgive you), though he was looking rough and had finished his body with tatoos,now acultist I thought, the main reason coach banned him...I was happy, atleast he's one of the sellers.

After telling him everything, he agreed to sell an Infinix hot 5 finger print at 20thousand, I was with 15k, so I crossed to skye bank and withrew the remaining 5k (he claimed the phone was stolen, so we should be fast and coded).

I left even without checking the phone due to overtrust.

On my way back to school, far from garrison,I decided to check my new phone, Lo and behold,it was a dead phone,without screen, scrapped beyond repair
I just threw it away there.

MODIFIED: all of you quoting me are all ignorant of the garrison.. there is no legit phone there, so stop talking as if I went to buy from a thief, I WENT TO BUY A PHONE FOR GODSAKE.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by sabenabeauty(f): 10:48am On Jun 28, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGVLyDOiBto

Keep subscribing guys, thank you grin
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Kendumazy(m): 10:49am On Jun 28, 2018
Experience is the best teacher. You have learnt yours. Atleast, you've used so many other people experience to wisen up as well. Let other people use yours now as well. Be strong and be careful in your dealings with people next time.

Cheap quality phones? Check my signature.

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Pavore9: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2018
Repaying one's hospitality with theft. angry
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2018
angry
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 28, 2018
Dyoungstar:
A friend by name COLLINS EFEZINO ATAIBUNO that I lost communication with over 10 years now called my phone Friday last week asking for my location which I told him, he asked that we meet for a reunion, I agreed.

He came to my house at VI for visiting, after much I was expecting him to start leaving but he didn't say anything about going back that day, so I kept mute for it not to look like I am sending away. He stayed the first day, second day on the third day there were no signs of him wanting to leave, the only thing he does is wake up and use my phone to book bet9ja predictions after that he falls back to sleep.

I asked him his plans in Lagos he said he is looking for work, after watching him for few days, I was not comfortable with him around, I asked him to leave that I was traveling and the security will not let him stay in the compound.

He agreed to go, then begged me to connect him with people for jobs or invite him whenever I have project to execute. He asked to use my phone to book bet9ja games before going, I gave him not knowing he probably must have seen me typing my bank account pin one of the few times I purchased airtime in his presence or however he got to know my pin I cannot tell.

He used my phone in guise to book games and transferred 40,000 (forty thousand) naira to himself and deleted the alerts, it was later in the night I went to use the ATM that I got alert that did not correspond to what I was supposed to have.

I called my bank customer care line to verify, after much interrogation they told me that transfers were made to one Mr. Collins Ataibuno from my phone.

To say that this person was our next door neighbor right from 2000 to 2006, we were still very much younger then. We attended the same secondary school but last night I was checking his facebook page to find he wrote he school in warri. I even gave him my second phone free since he had none according to him, he was using people's phone to insert his SIM and call.

He also told me he was in the Nigerian police but was dismissed because they by order shot wrong persons.

The person in question is at large now.

Please, if you see him anywhere around kind reach me on 07066611666, thanks.

How did he get your token to authorize the payment ? I work in that sector and the only way payment can be made without card presence is usually your token and your bank instrument or if your card has been tokenized on an application, EMV don't require token normally but since this is a Nigerian bank it means a token would have been used

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Talk2Bella(f): 10:51am On Jun 28, 2018
cry reason i rarely allow people visit, help these days has landed so many people in trouble, thats how a neigbor broke into my apartment while i was at work and stole from me, now's he's homeless running away from both police and landlord, when he was asked what he did with the money the idiot said he bought clothes angry nonsense.

Anyway OP there's nothing you can do the money has entered voicemail, just see it like you sowed a seed in his life

6 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by oshe11: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2018
OP the guy try for U, to have collected just 40k

How u go dey careless with your Pin to a childhood friend?

That means your girl go be the custodian of your Pin and ATM card oooshocked

5 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 28, 2018
pcguru1:

How did he get your token to authorize the payment ? I work in that sector and the only way payment can be made without card presence is usually your token and your bank instrument or if your card has been tokenized on an application, EMV don't require token normally but since this is a Nigerian bank it means a token would have been used
You know nothing. My bank, Fidelity, you can make transfers below 200k without a token using their app.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Iyajelili(f): 10:53am On Jun 28, 2018
Village people decided to use 40k to tarnish his own image....... them strong for their village o. Sorry bro
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by artworks1: 10:53am On Jun 28, 2018
Chai..I know a friend like this also. Crook in nature. U try this nonsense with me, even 20years later..I go inflict injury on u.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by ipobarethieves: 10:53am On Jun 28, 2018
sad see his long neck like giraffe own. Just thank God it is ur money he stole not ur life.This is why i dnt invite friends to my house/i dnt go visit too.And thank God,the Pig didn't attract SARS to ur house with his criminality lifestyle

9 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by appsdope(m): 10:53am On Jun 28, 2018
Sorry bro
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by appsdope(m): 10:54am On Jun 28, 2018
pcguru1:

*894* for first bank.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zainab Muritala: 5-Year-Old Girl Missing After Buying Biscuit (Photo) / Fake Soldier Arrested With N720,000 In Niger State / Designer Shaun Akanbi Stabbed To Death In The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.