Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,930 members, 7,952,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:41 PM

My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. (21046 Views)

Lady Shares Her Ordeal With Arab Men Who Almost Turned Her Into A Sex Machine / Nigerian Man Killed After His Filipino Wife Alleged That He Is A Criminal / Timon Chukwuemeka Recounts Ordeal With SARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 28, 2018
Dyoungstar:

Do you think it's bad to reunite with a long lost friend?
leave the mumu. sorry about the ish dear.

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:55am On Jun 28, 2018
shocked
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Lexusgs430: 10:56am On Jun 28, 2018
2000 - 2006, we are in 2018....... He could have turned into anything in the intervening period.

Your intention was pure, unfortunately his was not.....

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by drpips1(m): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2018
sholay2011:

Are you serious? grin

Sorry about your loss, OP. Why do people repay good with evil? But this Collins guy is actually quite foolish and short-sighted. No one here should mention he is just hustling. When will N40,000 not finish? Why cant he be loyal and maybe you can even help him locate a source that generates close to 40K periodically?

Why do people want to spend money but not work? Na wa.

I hope the OP learnt his lessons, such people dont care about life as they can do anything for money, his nemesis will surely catch up with him

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by obowunmi(m): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2018
This story made me LOL.

Sorry. grin grin cheesy grin
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Saheed69(m): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2018
pcguru1:

How did he get your token to authorize the payment ? I work in that sector and the only way payment can be made without card presence is usually your token and your bank instrument or if your card has been tokenized on an application, EMV don't require token normally but since this is a Nigerian bank it means a token would have been used

Some banks Mobile App don't require a token if you are transferring less than 100k for a day

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by sweetlaw: 10:58am On Jun 28, 2018
Same reason I make it a rule not to reunite with friends or even relatives I have lost contact with for a long time in my house or work place. We can meet in a public place if we must.

Take heart. Some friends are just parasite

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Lexusgs430: 10:59am On Jun 28, 2018
Dyoungstar:

I might, but not hosting them unnecessarily in my house....

We meet at a hotel, restaurant or party, and it ends..... Gives me time to analyse, when he is financially demanding or overbearing. I deduce his true intentions....

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by SalamRushdie: 10:59am On Jun 28, 2018
It's good thing he didn't even kill you and drive your car away like most of such people ...I have a rule of thumbs that that if I don't see you for 6 months straight we have to start all over again and I have to study you all over to re know who you are

18 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by sawdi: 11:00am On Jun 28, 2018
Seconsol92:
Bros you get plenty notification o

Na only that u see abi? grin
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Austinoiz(m): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2018
One of the few local fraudster still hanging around.
This one has no 'career progression' plans grin grin

6 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 28, 2018
The dude bleep up....

Any intention to pick him up.......

Or you want spiritual levels....

Or you just wan cast the dude for here based on its nairaland I gast drop this fascinating experience? grin
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by ademoladeji(m): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2018
pcguru1:

How did he get your token to authorize the payment ? I work in that sector and the only way payment can be made without card presence is usually your token and your bank instrument or if your card has been tokenized on an application, EMV don't require token normally but since this is a Nigerian bank it means a token would have been used

No be all mobile banking system need Token
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by pocohantas(f): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2018
sholay2011:

Are you serious? grin

Sorry about your loss, OP. Why do people repay good with evil? But this Collins guy is actually quite foolish and short-sighted. No one here should mention he is just hustling. When will N40,000 not finish? Why cant he be loyal and maybe you can even help him locate a source that generates close to 40K periodically?

Why do people want to spend money but not work? Na wa.

Of course I am serious. Isn't that the right thing to ask for?

I was waiting to read he went off with OP's properties, that's their usual mode of operation. I don't do FB, I am not interested in reconnecting with any long lost friend. Most of them just want to know how well you are now doing...so, they can come feed off you.

It will be difficult for OP to establish it was a fraudulent transfer in this scenario. I think the best he can do, is handle it 'personally' cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Dyoungstar: 11:03am On Jun 28, 2018
pcguru1:

He must have seen my type my pin, I use pin not token.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by gurunlocker: 11:03am On Jun 28, 2018
pcguru1:

This is not internet banking, it is mobile bank where transfer can be authorised from the app with just your pin. I know there's also app for internet banking, but mobile banking app is different with limited daily transfer.

That interface looks like access bank.

Alternatively, he might have used the USSD code to initiate the transfer. But the owner only checked the account statement with his bank app.
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by millionboi2: 11:04am On Jun 28, 2018
kinibigdil:
Bro if you can just forget him and move on and remove your contract details
lol

Simple
ThankGod he didn't transfer d whole of his money.
He should avoid him and lock up.
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 28, 2018
too bad! with friend like that, one does not need an enemy!..
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by yoged(m): 11:09am On Jun 28, 2018
Truth be told, some old friends are best left for the past. One of the reasons I hardly associate with long time friends talkless of inviting them to my house and I hardly visit anyone . You don't know what they've been into since all these days. It's better to get to know the from afar for a while.
I remember when I was in school (Unilorin) , I usually travelled home during breaks. There is this secondary school mate of mine I saw. We exchange phone number, visited me one day. He as well invited me and I remember I visited him once. The other time he invited me, I couldn't make it. On that day I was supposed to visited him, he was arrested in his house by CID for a robbery. This was 2009. Now let's imagine I was there on that day, definitely I'll be arrested as well. Since then, I hardly visit people. Let's hangout at a pub. .
It's always good to be careful.

11 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by felzylix(m): 11:09am On Jun 28, 2018
pcguru1:

Have you ever used a mobile app?

i use just passwords on all my mobile apps
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by famouszy(m): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2018
FortifiedCity:
angry
seriously
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Hardrive(m): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2018
Brother, to avoid this kind of thing in future I would like you to learn about the attitude to life of human beings. You can do that by reading michealsteachings.com. Verify everybody's attitude before you start calling them friends. You can do that by asking them questions about themselves. Once the person starts showing the signs of being a cynic or a perfectionist, then it means you should stay away from the person. The guy that stole from you is obviously a perfectionist.

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Dyoungstar: 11:11am On Jun 28, 2018
pocohantas:

Of course I am serious. Isn't that the right thing to ask for?

I was waiting to read he went off with OP's properties, that's their usual mode of operation. I don't do FB, I am not interested in reconnecting with any long lost friend. Most of them just want to know how well you are now doing...so, they can come feed off you.

It will be difficult for OP to establish it was a fraudulent transfer in this scenario. I think the best he can do, is handle it 'personally' cheesy

He can't, we have security men. The worst is, I accompanied him to junction to board taxi.
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Dyoungstar: 11:12am On Jun 28, 2018
Hawtbae:
leave the mumu. sorry about the ish dear.

Thank you dear.
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Lomprico2: 11:22am On Jun 28, 2018
ayourbamie:
Take heart bro.

Na u go invite am

Abi o! Trouble dey sleep, yanga go wake am.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Frankskaf(f): 11:27am On Jun 28, 2018
Dyoungstar:

A friend you've not seen for long has automatically turned to acquaintance. You really cant say either he has gone rogue or not.

I can never do such...

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Jimmy231: 11:28am On Jun 28, 2018
Benblaq:
I had a similar experience last month.
I went to garrison in Ph to purchase a fairly used phone. Me being a sharp guy knew the tactics and the cunning nature of those touts there. And so I calmed down and maintained my "NO" to the million questions of "bros na phone you want?"

Hours later I saw my long lost football team mate, bobo (anywhere you are may God forgive you), though he was looking rough and had finished his body with tatoos,now acultist I thought, the main reason coach banned him...I was happy, atleast he's one of the sellers.

After telling him everything, he agreed to sell an Infinix hot 5 finger print at 20thousand, I was with 15k, so I crossed to skye bank and withrew the remaining 5k (he claimed the phone was stolen, so we should be fast and coded).

I left even without checking the phone due to overtrust.

On my way back to school, far from garrison,I decided to check my new phone, Lo and behold,it was a dead phone,without screen, scrapped beyond repair
I just threw it away there.
what's the difference between you and the guy and even the guy below me

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by NoBetterNigeria: 11:30am On Jun 28, 2018
Thief scam thief... seller told you is a stolen phone still you payed for it... ole ni e

Benblaq:
I had a similar experience last month.
I went to garrison in Ph to purchase a fairly used phone. Me being a sharp guy knew the tactics and the cunning nature of those touts there. And so I calmed down and maintained my "NO" to the million questions of "bros na phone you want?"

Hours later I saw my long lost football team mate, bobo (anywhere you are may God forgive you), though he was looking rough and had finished his body with tatoos,now acultist I thought, the main reason coach banned him...I was happy, atleast he's one of the sellers.

After telling him everything, he agreed to sell an Infinix hot 5 finger print at 20thousand, I was with 15k, so I crossed to skye bank and withrew the remaining 5k (he claimed the phone was stolen, so we should be fast and coded).

I left even without checking the phone due to overtrust.

On my way back to school, far from garrison,I decided to check my new phone, Lo and behold,it was a dead phone,without screen, scrapped beyond repair
I just threw it away there.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Elxandre(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2018
That's how I discovered that a friend I used to like alot, is now a Yahoo boy embarassed

3 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 28, 2018
DonDemu:
You know nothing. My bank, Fidelity, you can make transfers below 200k without a token using their app.

Maybe the new fidelity because I worked on the old mobile fidelity project and it required a token , but I don't bank with fidelity so the new one maybe doesn't need.
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 28, 2018
appsdope:

*894* for first bank.

If its USSD then I can understand since it assume your phone should be secured
Re: My Ordeal With A Criminal Friend Yesterday. by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 28, 2018
Saheed69:

Some banks Mobile App don't require a token if you are transferring less than 100k for a day

Interesting I use GTBank and Zenith only and in GTBank i don't use PIN so I can understand that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Who Vandalized A Transformer In Ebonyi Caught (Photos) / Lagos Police Arrests 3 Robbery Suspects, Recover Loot (Pictures) / NDLEA Busts Ogbogwu market, Onitsha, Arrests Two Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.