Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Nairalanders, Please Endeavor To Always Listen To Your Parents— They Are Wiser. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairalanders, Please Endeavor To Always Listen To Your Parents— They Are Wiser. (407 Views)

Life: Always Listen To Advice From Those Ahead Of You. / Peter Obi Appeals To Nigerians To Endeavor To Collect Their PVCs / SE/SS: I'm Happy Igbos Are Wiser Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Please Endeavor To Always Listen To Your Parents— They Are Wiser. by resurgent2019: 10:21am On Jun 28, 2018
I remember a discussion i had with my mother during the heat of campaigns for the 2015 elections. At that time, i hated Jonathan and wanted nothing more than for Buhari to be voted in fight corruption and jail jonathan's corrupt ministers. So, my mother sat me down and told me who Buhari is as a person. She told me of how Nigerians suffered in 1983-84 when Buhari held sway. She recalled how people queued up on the streets to be given rations of essential commodities like rice, milk, sugar, garri etc. She stated that the fundamental rights of citizens were brazenly abused by soldiers on the streets of major cities. She said people were tagged indisciplined and dragged in the mud for the slightest of offences.

All these warnings fell on deaf ears, as i was insistent on Jonathan leaving the Presidency. By then, i had been deceived by the robust propaganda machine of the APC—headed by the notorious Barr. Lai Mohammed. I was really in love with how smoothly uncle lai was able to paint the jonathan Government as a kleptomaniac, ravenous and unscrupulous band of criminals. Make no mistake, under jonathan, Nigerians were feeding fine, the middle class was doing fine—to the extent that Nigerians in diaspora were coming back to Nigeria in droves. Nigeria had the best economy in Africa, but we yorubas were not happy with Jonathan because he sidelined us and called the igbos the backbone of his Government. That is a story for another day.

Now enter the Government of Buhari, he came in with a groundswell of support and hope for majority of Nigerians. But after 3 years of his Government, Nigerians of this generation—mainly youths have witnessed unprecedented suffering and desolation. On a personal level, i have never had it as tough as i do under Buhari's Government. I have seen marriages destroyed, careers devastated, people have died like its no man's business under this Government. Our young men cannot contemplate, talkless of venture into marriage. This has made many girls turn pariah in their father's house as they are way past the age of marriage. Things are really bad. I am a Christian, so i can see the level of fear in the church under Buhari. Theb persecution is out of this world. Even an erratic and aloof Donald Trump had to sternly warn Buhari to his face to desist from further genocide against christians.

Personally, i cannot imagine another 4 years under this Government. Already, many southerners are sleeping in embassies and saving their meagre salaries{those who still have jobs} to flee Nigeria if Buhari wins a second term. So, i always wonder what informs the fanatical support of some people for Buhari. I can understand the support of the politicians and muslims. This is a dream Government for fanatical muslims as their hopes of islamizing Nigeria is hinged on Buhari remaining President. As with the failure of isis in Iraq, so shall this islamization dream for Nigeria fail. Even Buhari is under pressure to discontinue the Jihad after the condemnations of the Jos massacre.What i have learned from Buhari's Government is that, brawn does not equate brains. You cannot bulldoze your way to success in economic and democratic issues. There are methods and processes to these issues. Buhari blew it with Nigeria but he would never acknowledge that fact.

I kick myself everyday for ever believing he is a messiah and believing APC propaganda. I have been complicit in destroying the lives of so many people, some of who were weak and had to commit suicide to escape the hell which Nigeria has been for the past 3 years. Also, and most importantly, i have learnt to listen to elders when they warn young people. Our elders and parents want the best for us and they have seen enough of this life to know what is good and bad. For the people of the middle belt, i apologise and commiserate with you on the killings. I pray God will give them the fortitude and courage to continue to fight on as the battle is not over. President Buhari is not ready to relinquish power when he loses next year. The battle of the monkey and the baboon been soaked in blood is set for next year. Ultimately, the international community will have to step in to resolve the crisis that will rock Nigeria. I pray that innocent Nigerians will be spared the carnage of the irate mob in the core North next year. For these radical youths, Buhari is the only politician that connects with them, and understands their everyday struggle with poverty, illiteracy and utter despair. Whether other Nigerians will be willing to endure under Buhari for another 4 years will be an acid test for the unity of this Country. May we live in interesting times such as these.

Selah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders, Please Endeavor To Always Listen To Your Parents— They Are Wiser. by SalamRushdie: 10:24am On Jun 28, 2018
I had the same episode with my lovely mum ...I remember she told me " my son you people don't know this man you are supporting " when he was incharge in 1984 we used to queue for essential coomodites and that was were yiur grand mother got sick from because of standing in the cold , rain and sun to queue
Re: Nairalanders, Please Endeavor To Always Listen To Your Parents— They Are Wiser. by resurgent2019: 10:28am On Jun 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:
I had the same episode with my lovely mum ...I remember she told me " my son you people don't know this man you are supporting " when he was incharge in 1984 we used to queue for essential coomodites and that was were yiur grand mother got sick from because of standing in the cold , rain and sun to queue

My brother, no be small thing oo. Same thing my mother told me. I regret everyday about what we got ourselves into by voting him. Only God can save us ooo. Northerners no go gree next year o.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Please Endeavor To Always Listen To Your Parents— They Are Wiser. by TANKDESTROYER(m): 10:53am On Jun 28, 2018
Your eye don clear....

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Please Endeavor To Always Listen To Your Parents— They Are Wiser. by adadike(f): 11:30am On Jun 28, 2018
So Yorubas voted Jonathan out because he said Igbos were the back bone of his govt. This is jealousy at his peek. Now see where they plunged us into? a bottomless pit of poverty , backwardness and blood letting. May God deliver us from this Buhari's govt. Next time, listen to your wise parents.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Endeavor To Always Listen To Your Parents— They Are Wiser. by Lonestar124: 12:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
Nigerians do not vote president buhari for change, he was voted because they sees Goodluck Jonathan clueless president.

(1) (Reply)

Why FAAC Meeting Ended In Deadlock – Adeosun / Finally, Dino Melaye Hangs His Soul On Buhari, IGP / Eksu VC. Was Not Arrested.. It's A Blackmail -PRO (details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.