Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Try Not To Cry (peom On Plateau Pogrom) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Try Not To Cry (peom On Plateau Pogrom) (301 Views)

Update On Plateau State Governorship Results (2023) / Aftermath Of Pogrom: Scenes In Kano After Anti-igbo Violence | October 1966 / Ibos Committed Pogrom And Genocide On Our Race, Niger Deltan Region (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Try Not To Cry (peom On Plateau Pogrom) by Knarfoza: 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2018
Cry of the patriot.

I sit and wonder
With anger stronger than thunder
Why our leaders pretend not to know the plan of the herders.

Houses are raised down and the smoke of blaze is in every town, our plight they talk down.

Could this be motivated by politics or religion, perhaps an attempt to take over our region which explains why they turn blind eyes towards the killer legions.

Our children wonder why we cry but through their eyes we can see the fears that can not be erased by tears.

on our heads the guns rattle
All they care about is cattle,
Even if help is called for by the people,
Help camouflages and move like a turtle.

The cry of the killer legion echos through the four walls of our region and help for them camouflages, not moving like a turtle but flying like an eagle because the colour of the two white horses are not equal.

Who will do justice for the just?
Our will to survive has become dust
and the souls of the Red spillage can not rest even though all those who uses the Red sit sleep and rest.

The grasses grow not green on the grave, while those who walk on green carpet only talk about their gain.

Why applaud lawlessness when it takes away our happiness?
If they are not the authors why is the news being censored?

What comes to me, I write not minding whose alright, because I am the true compatriot. OWIRIWA FRANK O.

(1) (Reply)

Lack Of Sincerity Of Purpose Hindering Cooperatives’ Growth – Cbn / Nigerians Praise Vice President Yemi Osinbajo For His Selfless Leadership / Obaseki's Indust. Drive: Why We're Interested In Benin Auto Park – Volks, Nissan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.