Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS (38618 Views)

Abuja-Kaduna Road Accident Claims 22 Lives As Bus Goes Up In Flames (Photo) / Panic As Car Goes Up In Flames In Ogba During Rush Hour(Pics) / Gas Tanker Goes Up In Flames In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
This is serious.
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by enemyofprogress: 5:00pm On Jun 28, 2018
Vision2045:

A moment of Silence for an unused brain
is that your final answer
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by atilla(m): 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2018
Funny how the license plate looks like nothing happened at all.
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
enemyofprogress:
is that your final answer

Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Jabioro: 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
enemyofprogress:
I'm sure he boughted the car with blood money
Graveyard English.
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Psoul(m): 5:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
Imagine this happening.
You went to you friend and....

You: Guy pls make I use ur car go message. I will come back now now.
Guy: O'l boy abeg o, just be careful with the car. U kw say i no dey take my car play. Na my only hope and I wan take am go see my intended inlaws. Take key

30mins later U walked in looking beaten up

Guy: O'l boy, u don com back. Where u park the motor?
You: Breathes out heavily with a long sigh.
Guy: Na wetin naa. Wetin happen?
You: Shakes head. Guy, the motor don burn 3rd Mainland Bridge.
Guy: Hahahahaha. O'l boy you too like all these joke. Abeg give me key make I go collect the money I withdrew from bank for my Traditional marriage stuff.
You: Guy na true i dey talk. The car don burn. I no no wetin happened. I just saw flame dey comot from the Burnett.
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by OjujuCalabar(m): 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
Why are cars always going up in flame on this third mainland bridge?

Maybe it's PDP handiwork. Let me confirm from Lie Mohammed.
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Badonasty(m): 5:13pm On Jun 28, 2018
thesicilian:
Have fire extinguishers on board always

See extinguisher for ground na

1 Like

Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Majorkeys(m): 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Everyone just focus on the money aspect, Nigerians has lost it.
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 28, 2018
Acjohn:
I won't be surprised if the police goes ahead to lock the man because he failed to pray that God will prevent that from happening to him
Give these men some credits
Many passed by and didn't give a f^ck
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by brownlolly(m): 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2018
No fire extinguisher

You must be blind

Partnerbiz3:
This is tragic.

No fire extinguisher..

Just hope it was insured, otherwise he just lost huge sum in this booming economy.

I guess it's electrical fault though
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Thojan(m): 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2018
You talk like Daddy Freeze, or are you?
Acjohn:
I won't be surprised if the police goes ahead to lock the man because he failed to pray that God will prevent that from happening to him
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by ophilly: 6:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
Opinionated:
What brand is it?

Toyota Highlander
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Raskasal(m): 8:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Did you sight how many extinguishers were on the floor?

Partnerbiz3:
This is tragic.

No fire extinguisher..

Just hope it was insured, otherwise he just lost huge sum in this booming economy.

I guess it's electrical fault though
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by fortunechy(m): 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
Is that bridge cursed
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by xjiggy: 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
I can see three fire extinguisher canisters on the ground yet car still burn. Whoever dey import these non active fire extinguisher, Na fire go burn im containers and warehouse
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by AutoElectNG: 9:43pm On Jun 28, 2018
Pitokwe:

May this never be our portion o.

Please car experts,what could lead to car catching fire?
Please educate us so that we can know preventive measures.

A stitch in time.....

1. Electrical Faults poorly repaired can cause a fire, these would include poor insulation of wiring harnesses that were exposed during repair and short circuits

2. Faults affecting the fuel system improperly repaired leading to leaking fuel spraying on hot surfaces and starting a fire

3. Driver negligence...failure to monitor cockpit signals especially the coolant temperature resulting in an engine compartment fire

The maybe others, these readily come to mind

1 Like

Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Thobiy(m): 10:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
Acjohn:
guy no dey joke with God name, It is not what you joke/play with
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 11:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Acjohn:
In saner climes(US,etc) he'll be prosecuted for negligence and for breaking their road use act. You need a working fire extinguisher on board, always.
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by jacoik(m): 2:57am On Jun 29, 2018
Vision2045:

A moment of Silence for an unused brain
lolxxxxxxx I swear u no well walahi
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Pitokwe(m): 11:39am On Jun 29, 2018
Psoul:
Imagine this happening.
You went to you friend and....

You: Guy pls make I use ur car go message. I will come back now now.
Guy: O'l boy abeg o, just be careful with the car. U kw say i no dey take my car play. Na my only hope and I wan take am go see my intended inlaws. Take key

30mins later U walked in looking beaten up

Guy: O'l boy, u don com back. Where u park the motor?
You: Breathes out heavily with a long sigh.
Guy: Na wetin naa. Wetin happen?
You: Shakes head. Guy, the motor don burn 3rd Mainland Bridge.
Guy: Hahahahaha. O'l boy you too like all these joke. Abeg give me key make I go collect the money I withdrew from bank for my Traditional marriage stuff.
You: Guy na true i dey talk. The car don burn. I no no wetin happened. I just saw flame dey comot from the Burnett.

Something similar happened to me some few months back.

I took a junior colleagues official car. Few meter from the office,I heard GBAM at my back. A car had rammed into me. See gbege oooo.2016 corrolla rear light all broken.

The guy that hit me was driver. I beg con enter.

I was just saying,Which kind temptation be this.

Cut story short,money commot for our pocket o.
Though the car was insured,We did not report in the office,because the policy state that no one should drive a car given another person.
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by iamjavadem(m): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2018
I am shocked that the driver is shocked.
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Psoul(m): 12:52pm On Jun 29, 2018
Pitokwe:

Something similar happened to me some few months back.

I took a junior colleagues official car. Few meter from the office,I heard GBAM at my back. A car had rammed into me. See gbege oooo.2016 corrolla rear light all broken.

The guy that hit me was driver. I beg con enter.

I was just saying,Which kind temptation be this.

Cut story short,money commot for our pocket o.
Though the car was insured,We did not report in the office,because the policy state that no one should drive a car given another person

You are lucky that the damage was minimal and something u can afford and fix.
Re: SUV Goes Up In Flames On Third Mainland Bridge, Police Come To The Rescue. PICS by Pitokwe(m): 2:13pm On Jun 29, 2018
Psoul:

You are lucky that the damage was minimal and something u can afford and fix.

Yes o

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

97 Nigerians Deported From South Africa For Various Offences Arrive In Lagos / Missing Boy Found At Peace Park Upper Iweka, Onitsha (picture) / Groom Dies In An Accident In Gombe After Wedding - PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.