Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London (831 Views)

Saruku Suraju Dies In Ogun Hotel, Mistress Disappears / Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria / Roads That Lead To Jail In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by migareigns(m): 12:19am On Jun 08, 2010
A London court today issued five year sentences each to two Nigerian women on corruption charges linked to former Delta State governor, James Ibori.

A Southwark Crown Court in London handed down the sentences on Christine Ibie-Ibori and Udoamaka Okoronkwo-Onuigbo, said to be the sister and mistress respectively of James Ibori, for money laundering.

A third accused person, Bimpe Pogoson, who was Ibori’s Personal Assistant, was discharged and acquitted by the jury. Ibori's sister, Christine Ibie-Ibori, was found guilty of 9 counts of money laundering and mortgage fraud.

[url]http://www.gistboard.com/content/ibori%E2%80%99s-sister-mistress-get-five-years-jail-london[/url]
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by mamagee3(f): 12:41am On Jun 08, 2010
They both deserve it. . .

Justice must run its full course.
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by apolonius(m): 12:44am On Jun 08, 2010
The wind of justice has begun blowing afresh;let the gods of our republic be lauded smiley
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by mamagee3(f): 12:47am On Jun 08, 2010
apolonius:

The wind of justice has begun blowing afresh;let the gods of our republic be lauded smiley
Is this grammar? grin grin
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by coolguyz(m): 12:52am On Jun 08, 2010
mama-gee. . . . u take style HARSH! grin grin grin

to ibori's sister and mistress. . . . tongue
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by MardiGras: 12:58am On Jun 08, 2010
See the source sef. . .gistboard
rubbish
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by migareigns(m): 1:08am On Jun 08, 2010
Why don't you google it idiot grin
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by apolonius(m): 1:10am On Jun 08, 2010
Mama-gee,i feel you o! grin
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by IbrahimB: 3:31am On Jun 08, 2010
In Nigeria, the most they'll probably get is 3 months imprisonment with an option of N5, 000. What a country.
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by bolseas(f): 8:41am On Jun 08, 2010
serves them right! in august, confiscation of their properties will be determined. Bode George dey lucky oo
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by gogo123: 9:45am On Jun 08, 2010
Just five years, throw the book at me it is full of money angry
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by Gbawe: 10:08am On Jun 08, 2010
gogo123:

Just five years, throw the book at me it is full of money angry

The Judge is saving all the years for the mastermind. Ibori grin grin .

Anyway, a five years UK prison sentence is no joke as I think they will serve a minimum of 3 to 3.5 years. Consider too that their assets will likely be confisticated and auctioned off. Gaining visas to the USA, UK and other Western nations in future ( to go and spend whatever they have hidden away) may now be nigh impossible. Their fingerprint and DNA is now on file and available to Interpol in case of any future 'misbehaviour'. My Brother/sister , I believe justice has being served.
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by monkeyleg: 12:18pm On Jun 08, 2010
Gbam. Them go suffer for that jail. Ibroi you are next. I am going to hold a big party when oga finally goes to jail
Re: Ibori’s Sister, Mistress Get Five Years Jail In London by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jun 08, 2010
[size=16pt]Ta ni o ba wa ri Ibo[b]ri[/b][/size]

(1) (Reply)

Ibo People Becoming Politically Pugnacious Like Yoruba? / Church Wants Saturday Elections Cancelled / Jonathan May Finally Surprise Everyone By Declining To Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.