Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS (36634 Views)

See How Peter Obi Used Tinubu To Illustrate Corruption At An Event Today / Ogun Student Arrested For Allegedly Poisoning Girlfriend, FUNAAB Clears Student / A Story To Illustrate The Warning: Look Before You Leap - Wassce English Past Qu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by princeSammyz: 11:25am On Jun 30, 2018
Capillarity
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Constie(f): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2018
Wow... Nice one! grin
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by otunbadan(m): 11:30am On Jun 30, 2018
Earthbound:
If at University level, they still don't understand that phenomenon, then they probably shouldn't be there.

Oh I forgot, This is Nigeria.

Who mentioned anything about them understanding or not The topic is about a teacher potting in his best when compared to other type of lecturers we know exist

Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Lexusgs430: 11:31am On Jun 30, 2018
theoldpretender:

The problem is the institution does not have the money.

And.what little.cash.they have is being mismanaged.

You cannot get 2million naira degrees for just 30000

So in essence, it's garbage in and garbage out? If funding is an issue, why can't they restructure, merge or find ways to provide funding?

What type of graduates would such institutions produce?
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Vaabra01(f): 11:32am On Jun 30, 2018
What a great teacher

1 Like

Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:34am On Jun 30, 2018
He is a good lecturer. Instructional material is very important in the class. In this case the man improvised.
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Oluwatosin555(m): 12:07pm On Jun 30, 2018
That's Dr. Busari of Soil Science and Land Management Department
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by harmbhrosz(m): 12:44pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lexusgs430:

So in essence, it's garbage in and garbage out? If funding is an issue, why can't they restructure, merge or find ways to provide funding?

What type of graduates would such institutions produce?
oga.... Using any form of technique to illustrate your teaching isn't a bad idea,

using a lamp to illustrate plant absorption in that class will probably be the first time most students present in that class will have such teaching so it will forever be stuck in their brain and they won't forget what the teacher explained.

The question I was expected people to raise here was the mischievous and un-attentive student that took the picture of his lecturer rather that listen to what he or she is being taught.

Concerning your garbage in and garbage out comment, I'm an alumni of that school and my last school fees there was less than 15k so telk me where in the world you'll get a quality education for less than $47 per session.

Like i said, I'm a proud graduate of that school and I can categorically say the school is trying with it education standard for a university fee of less than 20k per session.
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Lexusgs430: 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
harmbhrosz:
oga.... Using any form of technique to illustrate your teaching isn't a bad idea,

using a lamp to illustrate plant absorption in that class will probably be the first time most students present in that class will have such teaching so it will forever be stuck in their brain and they won't forget what the teacher explained.

The question I was expected people to raise here was the mischievous and un-attentive student that took the picture of his lecturer rather that listen to what he or she is being taught.

Concerning your garbage in and garbage out comment, I'm an alumni of that school and my last school fees there was less than 15k so telk me where in the world you'll get a quality education for less than $47 per session.

Like i said, I'm a proud graduate of that school and I can categorically say the school is trying with it education standard for a university fee of less than 20k per session.

Oga, we all have to agree that education at tertiary level is not cheap.....

What type of graduates are our institutions baking? Half baked or not even baked......

Can our graduates compete with graduates from other institutions? No

Our Government has to invest in our educational sector... But why would they? They send their kids abroad......

Health sector in coma, educational sector on life support, economic sector having a cardiac arrest, political sector having a hypo.........

Corruption and Religious sector - Very healthy..... I say no more Boss.....
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Fitnessman(m): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2018
Na my school be this o

Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2018
Dr. Busari grin
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by redsun(m): 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Oga, we all have to agree that education at tertiary level is not cheap.....

What type of graduates are our institutions baking? Half baked or not even baked......

Can our graduates compete with graduates from other institutions? No

Our Government has to invest in our educational sector... But why would they? They send their kids abroad......

Health sector in coma, educational sector on life support, economic sector having a cardiac arrest, political sector having a hypo.........

Corruption and Religious sector - Very healthy..... I say no more Boss.....

That is why they end up as lazy graduates. They don't understand the fundamentals of education they should have understood in nursery and reception based on their interactions with their surroundings and how things work. And that includes getting used to electricity as children and knowing that with proper knowledge it is just another essential commodity that shouldn't be lacked by 'educated' people. Same as clean water, food, shelter and all the basics of life.
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Lexusgs430: 1:46pm On Jun 30, 2018
redsun:

That is why they end up as lazy graduates. They don't understand the fundamentals of education they should have understood in nursery and reception based on their interactions with their surroundings and how things work. And that includes getting used to electricity as children and knowing that with proper knowledge it is just another essential commodity that shouldn't be lacked by 'educated' people. Same as clean water, food, shelter and all the basics of life.

And we blame who for this rot?
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 30, 2018
who else concluded it was "local pistol" before opening this thread undecided
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by redsun(m): 2:00pm On Jun 30, 2018
Lexusgs430:

And we blame who for this rot?

Colonial indoctrinations,maybe. OR MAYBE WE ARE NOT JUST UPTO IT AS A SPECIES, LIKE THE OYINBOS THINK.

However, our ancestors thrived in their own right and I am sure, deep down we can reconnect with our natural instincts and intuitions as a people if only we can just start thinking of what the whole game of life is really all about. Afterall, education is all about solving problems, conquering new frontiers and understanding how things work in general.
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Lexusgs430: 2:06pm On Jun 30, 2018
redsun:

Colonial indoctrinations,maybe. OR MAYBE WE ARE NOT JUST UPTO IT AS A SPECIES, LIKE THE OYINBOS THINK.

However, our ancestors thrived in their own right and I am sure, deep down we can reconnect with our natural instincts and intuitions as a people if only we can just start thinking of what the whole game of life is really all about. Afterall, education is all about solving problems, conquering new frontiers and understanding how things work in general.

But we can't keep blaming our colonial brothers, they left our shores a long time ago........

Couldn't we have gotten our acts together, by now? Not unless our politicians too are so badly educated, or refused to practice what they learned and cannot simply give what they don't have........
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by lollmaolol(m): 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
Are phones now allowed in the lecture room
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by Smartademu(m): 3:16pm On Jun 30, 2018
Earthbound:
If at University level, they still don't understand that phenomenon, then they probably shouldn't be there.

Oh I forgot, This is Nigeria.
I agree with you. Its basic biology in secondary school.
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by ofwest47(m): 5:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
unfortunately there may be no further research and development.
Re: FUNAAB Lecturer Using A Local Lamp To Illustrate How Plants Absorb Water. PICS by mechanics(m): 7:03pm On Jun 30, 2018
If the lamp catches fire, he's on his own.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ukaegbu Stephanie Graduates With First Class From Godfrey Okoye University / 4 Things To Consider Before Going For Your Masters / 3 Former Governors Receive Operational Licenses To Float Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.