Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage (3995 Views)

Being A Single Mother Or Being Married And Unhappy. / Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. / Indecisive And Unhappy. Advice Pla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by delly2015: 12:34pm On Jun 29, 2018
I have been married for 6yrs with 4children. Each time I and my hubby have a little misunderstanding or arguments, he will always say he will marry another woman and if I like I stay , if I don't like I go. And it has been going on for sometimes. Recently, I've been going through a lot of stress, from house chores to doing school runs. At the end of the day I will be tire and next thing is sleep. Yesterday after all the running around I had a terrible headache which I told him about, but he didn't say anything. At night he came to touch me, I told him again that the headache is getting worse he told me to take paracetamol, which I did. After that I told him I need to rest a bit, he tired getting in there but I pushed him off and pleaded with him to let me rest, he got upset and slept the sitting room. Woke up this morning greeted him, he didn't answer and didn't even asked how I was feeling. He said he won't take that rubbish from me(not giving him s*x) and said he has future plans to marry another woman that won't be giving him excuse for s*x. Am tired of hearing these all the time, I want to quit.[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Eleganza33(f): 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2018
Nne eh Na small pikin they worry am

4 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Klimaths: 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2018
hmmm, now here is the thing I quite understood your plight, but you have to understand that sex plays a very vital role in marriage, it can either make or Mar the union. I make bold to say that if your husband keeps telling you he will marry another woman it shows he still loves and respect you, but just maybe there are things you are doing that he does not like that is making him wanting to go out there. So madam I will advise you talk him and asked him where you have missed it and make amends.

secondly if your husband is still eager to bed you after 4 kids then you should be happy, because in other climes he should be tired of you and you will be the one asking for attention and sex, hence I will advice do not turn him down when he ask for it, madam it's is even better you reduce your house chores and running around so as to have strength for him at night. most times initiate the sex, and even when tired just turn your back for him, let him come through the back at least it will reduce the pressure on you compare to

if he is the one on top. madam sex is very important to men oooo and most can't do without sex. give your man sex in season and out of season and see how joy will be restored in your marriage.

shalom.

9 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
You have painted the picture of a rather insensitive man here which is one that is rather more prevalent than we often admit. My honest take is this- Communicate. With 4 children you know in your heart of hearts you ain't going nowhere. Understand you both have needs. You just have to keep creating the right ambience for communicating those needs to each other. Many men are poor communicators, it doesn't mean he loves you less, it simply means he's going about emotionally sensitive issues the wrong way. That may be how he was brought up in the family he grew up in. The onus is on you to respectfully create that right ambience for wholesome communication. Don't think a miracle will happen overnight though. Just keep at it. GOD bless.

My thoughts.

9 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by uboma(m): 2:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
Klimaths:
hmmm, now here is the thing I quite understood your plight, but you have to understand that sex plays a very vital role in marriage, it can either make or Mar the union. I make bold to say that if your husband keeps telling you he will marry another woman it shows he still loves and respect you, but just maybe there are things you are doing that he does not like that is making him wanting to go out there. So madam I will advise you talk him and asked him where you have missed it and make amends.

secondly if your husband is still eager to bed you after 4 kids then you should be happy, because in other climes he should be tired of you and you will be the one asking for attention and sex, hence I will advice do not turn him down when he ask for it, madam it's is even better you reduce your house chores and running around so as to have strength for him at night. most times initiate the sex, and even when tired just turn your back for him, let him come through the back at least it will reduce the pressure on you compare to

if he is the one on top. madam sex is very important to men oooo and most can't do without sex. give your man sex in season and out of season and see how joy will be restored in your marriage.

shalom.

This post makes no sense.

The man has no respect for her, hence his rant about getting a second wife.

Why should the op be happy that her hubby still sleeps with her after bearing four children for him? Are the children not his too?

If the op is stressed out from caring for home, the man should be sympathetic to her. He should assist the op in some of the chores.

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by sisisioge: 3:55pm On Jun 29, 2018
Well...you can not kill yourself. Tell him you need more help anyways, the other wife should know she's expected to do some house chores o. Whew! Just don't allow yourself to be over stressed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Prognose: 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2018
I have a feeling your story is one sided.

Either way, call his bluff. Tell him you're tired and need some help and rest, if he wants to marry another wife he should go ahead at least it will help you with house chores. You can't continue living in fear Jo.

2 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Klimaths: 5:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
uboma:

Why should the op be happy that her hubby still sleeps with her after bearing four children for him? Are the children not his too?

If the op is stressed out from caring for home, the man should be sympathetic to her. He should assist the op in some of the chores.

yours made little or no sense still, what do you her to do in this case. what advise do you have for her, how can she curtail the man that's is the problem here. the man you is not here that u are portioning blame on. so tell her the way forward not how wrong the man is.
thanks

2 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by tammyboy1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
Madam make time and give him his right,dont make him look elsewhere,u'll regret it at last..

2 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by appsdope(m): 6:23pm On Jun 29, 2018
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by appsdope(m): 6:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
Klimaths:

shalom.
This is the most stupid post I've ever read here. Like seriously, do you breathe through your anus? The man is insensitive and here you're bragging about sex been very important. She's working her ass off and deserves some rest and peace of mind. If the man won't help out with house chores, he should zip it. Growing up, my mum was a housewife but that didn't stop my dad from helping even though he was the one working. Madam Biko take care of yourself for the sake of your kids. If something happens to you tomorrow, that man will remarry. He has no regards whatsoever for you. If you don't have a job then get one and also get a help. Probably a male that can do more then you focus on cooking and taking care of your kids. I've never seen a more insensitive man.

24 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by nanauju(f): 7:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Gloriagee(f): 7:38pm On Jun 29, 2018
Tiring gbosas for u. The op should be happy cos na medal.
uboma:

1 Like

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Dyt(f): 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2018
delly2015:
I have been married for 6yrs with 4children. Each time I and my hubby have a little misunderstanding or arguments, he will always say he will marry another woman and if I like I stay , if I don't like I go. And it has been going on for sometimes. Recently, I've been going through a lot of stress, from house chores to doing school runs. At the end of the day I will be tire and next thing is sleep. Yesterday after all the running around I had a terrible headache which I told him about, but he didn't say anything. At night he came to touch me, I told him again that the headache is getting worse he told me to take paracetamol, which I did. After that I told him I need to rest a bit, he tired getting in there but I pushed him off and pleaded with him to let me rest, he got upset and slept the sitting room. Woke up this morning greeted him, he didn't answer and didn't even asked how I was feeling. He said he won't take that rubbish from me(not giving him s*x) and said he has future plans to marry another woman that won't be giving him excuse for s*x. Am tired of hearing these all the time, I want to quit.[color=#990000][/color]

Ain't you same person husband accused of sleeping with his bro?

How did you resolve it?

2 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Prognose: 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2018
Dyt:

How did you resolve it?

Ghen ghen

2 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by freshvine(f): 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2018
if your husband is an ibo man, defininately he's a rabble rouser and wont do jack...another wife?,that's a taboo.

if he's a yoruba...prepare for the worst. it's a culture thing.

but if your husband is a moslem, you need not complain. thats a religious obligation.

2 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by cococandy(f): 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2018
There’s no reward for dying from stress.
If you stress yourself to death, people will pity him. “Poor guy. His wife left him with four kids.”
The new wife will be in before your funeral ceremony is forgotten. Grim but true.

Stop doing everything by yourself. Learn to delegate. The house won’t collapse if you tell one or two of the kids to go their dad for help with getting ready for school while you do other things.
I know that this may be hard seeing as he’s already disrespectful enough to tell you that he will bring another woman into your home. It also depends on when he usually leaves home for the day.

However miracles do happen and you might be surprised he will co-operate with you especially if he senses that there might be a reward waiting later wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2018
sisisioge:
Well...you can not kill yourself. Tell him you need more help anyways, the other wife should know she's expected to do some house chores o. Whew! Just don't allow yourself to be over stressed.

You are not even advising the woman to put up a fight? In this hard economy, some pipu still want to marry a second wife. Chaii God is Great oh.
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by uboma(m): 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2018
Gloriagee:
Tiring gbosas for u. The op should be happy cos na medal.

Read through the comments again, this time more slowly so you can get the gist.
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by uboma(m): 10:30pm On Jun 29, 2018
Dyt:

How did you resolve it?

Nairaland FBI Agents are here....

Where is the op? You have a query here.
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 29, 2018
Some of us are praying to enter while some are praying to escape.

@Op your husband has no respect for you. See finish cos he thinks you can't do better or attain much. Quiting isnt the answer.
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 29, 2018
freshvine:
if your husband is an ibo man, defininately he's a rabble rouser and wont do jack...another wife?,that's a taboo.

if he's a yoruba...prepare for the worst. it's a culture thing.

but if your husband is a moslem, you need not complain. thats a religious obligation.
2 wives a taboo in igbo land? Since when?

4 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Gloriagee(f): 11:22pm On Jun 29, 2018
I actually do get the gist n agree with you. Damn autocorrect, was trying to type tiri...so here goes, tiri gbosas for u. The guy doesn't deserve a medal for wanting his wife after 4 kids. Like a woman's sex appeal declines per kid. God save us moms then!

uboma:

Read through the comments again, this time more slowly so you can get the gist.
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by poshestmina(f): 12:20am On Jun 30, 2018
That money he'll use to marry another, can't he use it to get a maid for you or something?

Four kids with a job(prolly a 7 or 9 to 5 )is not easy sad sad sad...some men ehn undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 30, 2018
Dyt:

How did you resolve it?

LOL
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by raumdeuter: 2:55am On Jun 30, 2018
Divorce him?
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by Chubhie: 8:46am On Jun 30, 2018
He's fixated on getting a new wife while you also detest him for being so insensitive?

Everyone deserves all the happiness they can get provided you hurt no soul in achieving that.

You guys must drop your dramas and come to the table like matured adults and holistically tackle your challenges.

There are three interests that must be carried along. You, husband and the kids.

Our ancestors demand that the interest of the kids be at the front burner of the negotiations.
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by divinelove(m): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
delly2015:

u pushed him away for needing sex from his wife after 4 kids, u are very lucky he still desires your body after 4 kids. you must be blessed with nice body otherwise by now u should be the one begging him for sex as a woman should be very fat n unattractive after 4kids.

keep pushing him away, u don't kW what u have till u lose it
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by divinelove(m): 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2018
delly2015:

u pushed him away for needing sex from his wife after 4 kids, u are very lucky he still desires your body after 4 kids. you must be blessed with nice body otherwise by now u should be the one begging him for sex as a woman should be very fat n unattractive after 4kids.

keep pushing him away, u don't kW what u have till u lose it.

getting a new wife is an empty threat, he still loves u
Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by uboma(m): 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2018
divinelove:

keep pushing him away, u don't kW what u have till u lose it.

getting a new wife is an empty threat, he still loves u

What planet are you from?

You need to learn to respect a woman.

If your wife grows fat from child bearing, help her to trim down.

By the way, a woman's sex appeal does not diminish with having one or more children.

Your kind of men use this as an excuse to go into exmarital affairs.....

What a pity though!

12 Likes

Re: Depressed And Unhappy In My Marriage by divinelove(m): 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2018
uboma:

What planet are you from?

You need to learn to respect a woman.

If your wife grows fat from child bearing, help her to trim down.

By the way, a woman's sex appeal does not diminish with having one or more children.

Your kind of men use this as an excuse to go into exmarital affairs.....

What a pity though!

So u still never get sense, quote me when u have sense, nonsense

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Partner Never For Once Say In Bed "Pls Stop For I Am Satisfied" / Ideas Needed Please / Playful Relationships : Yes Or No?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.