Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,178 members, 7,957,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:07 PM

What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies (16690 Views)

Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? / Pictures Of Some Old Classic Nigerian Movies. / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by MeGaStReEt: 9:05pm On Jun 09, 2010
1. Most Wanted

2. Rattle Snake

3. Igodo

3. Full Moon

4. Ukwa

5. Onome

6. Blood Diamond

7. Oracle

8. Rituals

9. Domitilla

10. Silent Night
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by moonraker(m): 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2010
Witch Doctor of the Living Death, This came out even bf the whole nollywood burst, watched this film 5times to understand the story line,
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jun 09, 2010
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by mamagee3(f): 9:59pm On Jun 09, 2010
True Story. . .

I didn't believe this thread would make the front page but anyway, it did and I'm happy!
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by didoburns(m): 10:10pm On Jun 09, 2010
for me its Violated
oleku
without love
Rattle snake
and a whole lot of the movies between 1996 and 1997
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by vishnu2: 10:25pm On Jun 09, 2010
Yesterday
living in bondage
scores to settle
deadly proposal
circle of doom
silent night.

Those were the days when nollywood were still nollywood.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2010
VIOLATED
TI OLUWA NI ILE
THUNDER BOLT (MAGUN)
OLEKU
YESTERDAY
SAWORO IDE
FULL MOON
AGOGO EWOO
DROUGHT  PROMSE
KODUN KOPO KOPE (K.K.K)
OYATO
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by nellaluv(f): 11:12pm On Jun 09, 2010
Just a night
Igodo
Circle of Doom
Tears for love
Most wanted
Rattle snake
Betrayal
Nneka the pretty serpent
Ononikpo aku, lol (osuofia and Nkiru sylvanus)
Palace
Full moon
and one other film that onyeka owenu was mad and her children were aki and pawpaw or so.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Merinoz(m): 11:56pm On Jun 09, 2010
"THINGS FALL APART"
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by InesQor(m): 1:42am On Jun 10, 2010
Flesh and Blood
Rattlesnake 1, 2, 3

Can't recall others now, maybe my girlfriend can help me out here tongue undecided embarassed
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by chelseabmw(m): 3:12am On Jun 10, 2010
ukwa
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 10, 2010
Never bin a big fan of Naija Movies, but these few def. go me:
- Living in Bondage
- The Gardener
- Igodo (nice 1)
- Diamond Ring
- Violated
- Rattlesnake
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2010
Goodbye Tomorrow, starring Keppy Ekpenyong Bassey and Hilda Dokubo, about a couple seperated by HIV / AIDS. I don't think anyone's mentioned that one.

Anyways, the REAL classics are mostly pre - nollywood.

Aye
Jaiyesinmi
Mosebolatan
Taxi Driver

I rate Living in Bondage as pre - nollywood, too.

Cheers.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Pethan: 10:39am On Jun 10, 2010
Suicide Mission very nice movie
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by skyndyp(f): 11:52am On Jun 10, 2010
WITHOUT LOVE

I still sing the song till now

singing mode activated,

without love, there will be no reason to live
There will be no joy
Without love together
Forever,
Without love
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Renoya: 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2010
Not that Nigeria movies are my favourite, but these ones i really liked

Evil genius

True confession

Thunder bolt

Daimond ring
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by tomelistic(f): 1:15pm On Jun 10, 2010
nice topic,

can never 4get the only movie that made my father cry. (die wretched) others
things fall apart
ikuku
igodo
rituals
festival of fire
the twins
igbudu, akidi, etc

the list is so plenty, i wish nollywood can go back to wat they use to do. really miss such movies
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by PurestBoy(m): 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2010
I'm not advertising any firl for anybody but I implore you all to go and get these films

Warfront & Mission to Nowehere, starring Sam Dede, Steph Okereke & host of others
Final War(I'm not sure of the title) but it stars Uche Jumbo, Omotola, Francis Duru
Explosion

And any Teco Benson films
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by seunspice(m): 3:04pm On Jun 10, 2010
Ko sorogun (No Rival) - Feat Shola Shobowale, Saheed Balogun, Baba Suwe, Shan George, Omotola Jalade etal
All Tade Ogidan movies (Dangerous twins, Hostages, Diamond Ring, Madam Dearest etc)
All Mainframe (Kelani) Movies - Saworoide, Agogo Ewo etc
Domitila - So much fuss about this one when it was released then

*An RMD movies where he was pastor and impregnated a young lady member of his church. Can't really remember the title, i know the movie was released in 1998.
And a host of other that i can't remember now.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Akuviv: 4:39pm On Jun 10, 2010
Living in Bondage, Violated, Tears in Heaven, True confession, The Gardener, Mortal Inheritance, Circle of Doom, Rattle Snake, Ijele, To live again,
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by rman: 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2010
Violated
Hostages
Diamond ring
Thunderbolt
Keeping faith

Ti Oluwa ni Ile
Oleku
Agogo eewo
Saworo Ide
Kosegbe
150 million
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by Zimex: 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2010
violated
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by bestestgal: 11:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
RATTLE SNAKE!!!! I still am yet to see another home video that has beaten the impact that movie made at the time it was released.

Its definitely a classic !!!

Keeping faith was not bad either.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by yomegzij(m): 6:46pm On Jun 11, 2010
silent night
hit and run
dangerous twins
hostages
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by didoburns(m): 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2010
No you got it wrong its
Without Love
there would be no reason to live
life would have no meaning
we bvelong together forever
without love
loved the movie too
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by FunLis: 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by ceasyc(f): 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2010
dont no bout classic but really nice ones 2 me are

silent night, dangerous twins
domitila, Violated
Rattle Snake, Living in Bondage
isakaba, Flesh and Blood
onome

dis aint a classic but saw dis a few days ago
Corporate Maid: Features: Ngozi Ezeonu,
Van Vicker, Oge Okoye, Mercy Johnson

mercy was d corporate maid, she was sleeping wit husband n
wife - van, oge and d cook all in d same house - she acted d slutty part so well

i asked mom who looks beta oge or mercy? she said no one good jare
lmao - told her always tot so too

VIOLATED ft RMD, Joke Silva n Ego Boyo was so cooooool, d coolest of dem all!
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by davsquared: 11:10pm On Jun 12, 2010
conspiracy, taboo, thunderbolt(magun), the gardener, rattlesnake
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by elektra(f): 7:47am On Jun 13, 2010
Mine is DIAMOND RING! God, i love that movie.
then LAGOS NA WA, . verry funny
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by IyaBasira: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2010
The Oracle

Widows cot (even though it's not really a classic)

And can anyone remember the old "Binta My Daughter?"

Suicide Mission.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by kritikul(f): 11:43am On Jun 13, 2010
Time bomb- staring Enebeli Enebuwa, Charles Okafo, etc
Squad 23-Starring Liz Benson, Saint Obi, etc
. I watched these two movies on tv several years ago and they were so so intresting. Pls anyone know where I can get them should hola a me, I ve checked all movie stores within my reach but cant find them.
Re: What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies by bgees(m): 1:32am On Jun 14, 2010
Ti Oluwa ni Ile (trilogy)

Conspiracy ( Onyeka Onwenu)

Ole Ku.

Ko se gbe.

Diamond Ring.

Silent Night.

Lagos na wa.

Hostages.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BBNaija Season 7 Finale (Live Eviction Show) / Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s / Amazon Prime Video Launches In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.