Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,107 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s (16508 Views)

Nigerian TV Programmes Of The Past / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Your Favorite Nigerian TV Programmes From The Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by ugosly(m): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2011
Hey folks,just wondering,what were your favourite TV programmes,cartoons and drama series of the late 80's .
I remember
Tales by moonlight.
Superted
Behind the clouds
some mothers do hav 'em(Frank Spencer)
Rent-A-Ghost,
Voltron Force, and so many others.
Tell us about urs,
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by jhonebrin(m): 10:41am On Sep 28, 2011
my Favourite Tv Programmes are:-
tom and jerry
pokemon
Johnny Bravo
cow and chicken
Grim and Evil

Watch ugly betty tv series seasons, episodes, news and more.
Watch full pokemon episodes With High Quality
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 01, 2011
I rememba bein glued to the TV watching Doctor Who very long ago, but dnt know if dat waz in d 80's. I enjoyd d series!
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by kcpumping(m): 9:08am On Oct 01, 2011
things fall  apart
behind d cloud,
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by freecocoa(f): 9:26am On Oct 01, 2011
I was born in the latest part of the 80's but I watched
Tales by moonlight
Voltron force
Magic school bus
Justice league
Cesmistry(don't think the spelling's right)
Pinky and the brain.
I'm a cartoon fan,I still watch till date but I think these were done in the 80's.
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by stagger: 9:27am On Oct 01, 2011
I did watch the Things Fall Apart film featuring a much younger Pete Edochie and Justus Esiri when it was serialized on NTA in 1986.

Cartoons

1) Voltron (the defender of the universe; it was a huge hit).
2) Superted
3) Thunder-Sub
4) Battle of the Planets
5) Speed Racer (used to watch via NTA Aba where Cliff Ayozie used to be a presenter. He is the same Cliff Ayozie on NTA News 24 in Abuja; the guy looks young but im don tey for NTA o!).
6) Danger Mouse
7) Several Hanna-Barbera cartoons like Clue Club, Dynomutt (Dog Wonder and Blue Falcon), Scooby Doo, the Laff Alympics, Wacky races, Tom and Jerry, Atom Ant, etc.
Foreign Films
1) The Incredible Hulk ( I believe that was in 1978 but I watched it in 1983 for the first time).
2) Superman II (also released in 1978 but watched it in 1984).
3) Breakin' 1 and 2 (the breakdance films of 1984; hugely popular).
4) Hawaii Five "O" featuring late Jack Lord.
5) Return of the Saint (70s version featuring Ian Ogilvy as Simon 'the Saint" Templar).
6) Some Mothers Do 'ave 'Em (1978 but watched in the 80s featuring Michael Crawford as Frank Spencer)
7) The Bond Series films starring Roger Moore as James Bond (Moonrakers, Octopussy, the Spy Who Loved Me, etc). I think I also watched two Bond films starring Timothy Dalton.
cool Jane Eyre.
9) Dr Who starring Tom baker (this was 1976 but I watched for the first time in the 80s).
10) Pop Rock (a musical program).
11) Good Times and the Jeffersons (these were in the 70s but I watched for the first time in the 80s).
12) Sanford and Son (early 70s but I watched for the first time in the 80s).

Also had a few other programs like Magic Circle featuring Ali the Cat.

That was the peak of my childhood and believe me, I still miss those days. I still remember that we used to scratch our sandals on the floor to make them smooth so as to be able to perform Michael Jackson's backslide. Parents started reporting to our Principal because they were having to replace sandals more regularly, so sometime in 1984, we had to start lifting up our sandals for inspection of our soles. Defaulters would get three strokes of the cane on the calf muscles; very painful.

I met one of my teachers who used to deliver this punishment recently. Sadly she is now very old and is blind. Broke my heart to see her like that but such is life.

The 80s rocked!

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by sirp2007: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2011
village headmaster
cork crow at dawn
gozzila(cartoon)
blues brothers
mirror in d sun
hotel de jordan
jesus of nazareth
scooby doo
samaja
jagua
papa aluwe
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by eagleroland(m): 9:44am On Oct 01, 2011
Famous Five, Hammer House of Horror, Tales by Moonlight, Behind The Clouds, Voltron Force, etc. Thanx for bringing up this topic. We really need to move away from the violence, sex, 'moral-less' and susperstion filled children cartoons and general movies.
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by samyng(m): 9:57am On Oct 01, 2011
[size=13pt]NTA SERIES

1:The New Masquerade
2:Tales by moon light
3:Things fall apart
4:Checkmate
5:Willi Willi

Cartoons
1: Super Ted
2:Voltron
3:Gforce

BBC SERIES
1:MR SPENCER
3:DOCTOR WHO

[/size]
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by Engrkandi(m): 10:15am On Oct 01, 2011
Thanks poster.
I remember with childhood vigour such programs like:
The New Masquerade
Speed Racer
Tales by Moonlight
Things Fall Apart
Voltron
House Number 13
Checkmate
Renta Ghost
Hotel de Jordan
Sunday Rendevouz
Cocoa Close
Cock Crow At Dawn
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by desthan(m): 10:18am On Oct 01, 2011
Family Matters
Different Stroke
Donnie & Maria Show
Circus Center Ring
Bill Cosby Show
Rent A Ghost
Faulty Towers
Halo Halo
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by begwong: 10:23am On Oct 01, 2011
indian films,seasame street,cock crow at dawn,voltron force,tales by moonlight,jagua,baba sala,samanja, ehmm, phew! d list seems endless but dnt seem 2rmber.
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by staga: 10:27am On Oct 01, 2011
How come my "Stagger" account is banned for posting my favourite programs of the 80s? Admin please unban me. Thanks.
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by topsy1971: 10:30am On Oct 01, 2011
Interesting, what of:
Charles Angel
Bigfoot & wildboy
Hawaii 5 O
CI5 The professional
IWA wrestling
Cock crow at dawn
Icheoku
Sports spectacular
Koko close
village headmaster
Robin of sherwood
Basi & company
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 01, 2011
As for me i love
voltron
ovid and the gang
danger mouse
birdman, atom ant
g-force
tv series
dr who, renta ghost, checkmate,  
sports
tele match, football made in germany, the ones i can remember
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by john6006: 10:45am On Oct 01, 2011
Jakob and papilolo,
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 01, 2011
Danger mouse
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by knightride: 11:09am On Oct 01, 2011
I loved the following:

1. Behind the clouds
2. Tales by moonlight
3. Sesame Street
4. We'll Tell You a Story- Christopher Lilliput
5. Bassey & Company
6. Samanja
7. The Village Headmaster
8. WWF wrestling
9. Terrahawks
10. Jagua & Company
11. The New Masquerade
12. Icheokwu
13. Sunny Side of Life
13. etc etc etc,

@ Poster.
Thank you for bringing up this topic. It makes me feel as if the 80s should come back. Our TV Programmes today are filled with political jamborees and filthy musicals.
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:16am On Oct 01, 2011
How come no one has mentioned DYNASTY and DALLAS shocked?
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by jerryben12: 11:16am On Oct 01, 2011
Hotel The Jordan
Zebudiah
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by soulsynger(m): 11:24am On Oct 01, 2011
@freecocoa: sesame street. I used to like Voltron, Superted, Sesame street, Danger mouse, Frank Spencer, Doctor Who etc.
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by Bukittes(f): 11:30am On Oct 01, 2011
Cock crow at Dawn
Sesame Street
Checkmate
Village Headmaster
Behind the Clouds
Samanja
New Masquerade
Jagua - Jagu London!!
Different Strokes
Hawaii 5 0
Tales by Moonlight
Magana Jari ce
Bassey and Company - To be a millionaire, think like a millionaire!!!
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by eridah2007(m): 11:48am On Oct 01, 2011
wow!!
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by kcpumping(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2011
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The
80s
« #8 on: Today at 09:42:30 AM »
village headmaster
cork crow at dawn
gozzila(cartoon)
blues brothers
mirror in d sun
hotel de jordan
jesus of nazareth
scooby doo
samaja
jagua
papa aluwe

u ar right man, scooby dooooooooo, lol
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by EFFRAKATA: 12:14pm On Oct 01, 2011
1. Behind the clouds
2. Tales by moonlight
3. Sesame Street
4. Ripples
5. Bassey & Company
6. Samanja
7. The Village Headmaster
8. Super-Ted
9. Things fall apart
10. Jagua
11. The New Masquerade
12. Atom Ant
13. Sunny Side of Life
14. Animal game
15. koko close
16. Fantastic Four
17. Kidi vision 101
18  Cock crow at dawn
19  G-force,  
20. Scooby doo  
21. Voltron
22. Reach out
23. Wazobia
24. inspector gadget,
25. Telematch
26. Newsline with Patrick Oke and Yinka Craig, or Frank Olize(Late)
27. the third eye with olu jacobs
28. Magana jari ce
29. Willi Willi
30. Soul train
31. URTNA (Some African musics)

Bros i don try small na?

1 Like

Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by bossinie: 12:20pm On Oct 01, 2011
Enjoyed the following and how i missed those days.

1. Starsky n Hutch
2. Bigfoot n Wild boy
3. Dr. WHO
4. Famous '5'
5. Scoobie Doo(cartoon)
6. Voltron(cartoon)
7. Tele-Match(A German game show)
8. Different Strokes
9. Animal Show(Nigerian Kiddies show)
10. Second Chance(Nigerian Comedy Show)
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by froz(m): 12:21pm On Oct 01, 2011
I love TELEMATCH AND RENT-A-GHOST, PLS HOW DO I GET THEM ON DVD
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by ayandee: 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2011
Nice thread. Tales by moonlight, the third eye, Mr Who, telematch, jaguar, village headmaster, baba sala, feyikogbon, arelu. Favourite adverts- joy girl, limca, planta, omo super blue omo
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by derbywarls(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2011
sesame street,checkmate,tales by moonlight
Re: Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s by hazureal(f): 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2011
Anyone remember Worzel Gummidge?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Primetime Emmys Awards 2013: Categories, Nominees & Winners / "Iwaju": Disney To Release Nigerian Themed Animated Series / What Are Some Of The Classic Nigerian Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.