Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,749 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... (1087 Views)

Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos / Venza Or Crosstour Or Murano Or Santa Fe / 1.3 Million Ford F-150 Recalled Due To Doors That May Open On Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... by GeorgeIV: 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2018
My Murano stops moving when on motion, it also stops when I put on my A/C. My rewire doesn't seem to know what to do, all he keeps telling me is that it's one faulty sensor.
A friend recommended another rewire that used his "machine" to test it, confirmed it was one sensor...worked on it for 32k but it still stops.

Please help out, I've had the car for 4 years and it's been fine until it started stopping lately.
Re: I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... by AutoElectNG: 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2018
GeorgeIV:
My Murano stops moving when on motion, it also stops when I put on my A/C. My rewire doesn't seem to know what to do, all he keeps telling me is that it's one faulty sensor.
A friend recommended another rewire that used his "machine" to test it, confirmed it was one sensor...worked on it for 32k but it still stops.

Please help out, I've had the car for 4 years and it's been fine until it started stopping lately.

Year?
Location?
Re: I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... by Amenaghwon: 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2018
If you are in Lagos, my mechanic has been maintaining my murano for over five years without issues, though a bit pricey, but I'm certain he will solve your problem. He is at Alagbado, Lagos.
Re: I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... by GeorgeIV: 2:42pm On Jun 30, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Year?
Location?

Lagos
Re: I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... by TRYGO(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2018
It must be the 3.5L V6.

If there's a check engine light on the dashboard, get it scanned, and post codes here, if you can.

But without the scanning, I'd suggests its either your camshafts sensors, or the crankshaft sensor, positioned on the transmission.

A failing of those parts, most especially, the camshaft sensors on the cylinder heads, would display such symptoms as yours.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo, Lagos
www.dxta.net.ng

1 Like

Re: I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... by GeorgeIV: 6:32pm On Jun 30, 2018
TRYGO:
It must be the 3.5L V6.

If there's a check engine light on the dashboard, get it scanned, and post codes here, if you can.

But without the scanning, I'd suggests its either your camshafts sensors, or the crankshaft sensor, positioned on the transmission.

A failing of those parts, most especially, the camshaft sensors on the cylinder heads, would display such symptoms as yours.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo, Lagos
www.dxta.net.ng

Thanks. Are you an automobile engineer? Is it something you do? I'm asking cos you're close to me (isolo)... please reply.

Thanks
Re: I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 30, 2018
GeorgeIV:

It's the crank shaft angle sensor. Common problems with Nissan. Have it changed and thank me later. Toyota and Honda Kazeems will kill you cos they do try ur luck with Nissan. I have an original Nissan and Infiniti mechanic located at Abuja park Ladipo that will solve any issue. Nissan is a lovely car but very very stubborn if you don't give it what it wants. But once u give it, it can run for years without a single issue. If ur interested il drop his number.
Re: I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
If the SES light is on, then do NOTHING, till you have the car scanned and , if you like, post the codes here.
Re: I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... by TRYGO(m): 9:45pm On Jun 30, 2018
Yes, I'm an automobile engineer, and its something I can do!
Re: I Need Help, My Murano Stops While On Motion... by oblo(m): 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2018
Most likely your camshaft sensors are bad. Change them and if not your crank shaft sensor. BUT I am most sure it's the camshaft. Mine also had that Symptom and I had it changed. Cost me 3k to get a toks at Enugu. It was an easy fix for me. Did the change my self.

When the sensor is bad it stops the car in motion especially when the car has heated up and has been in use for a while. You would also experience hard starting sometimes as well.

Confirm very well with a scan before you start throwing parts at it.

You could call me though if you want let me give you some headers from my own experience as a user too.

That car is a workhorse and mine is going on 5 years now on same engine and gear. Never broken down asides that sensor issue.

Good luck

(1) (Reply)

[HELP NEEDED] Does Variant Affect The Price Of Used Car? / Historical Photos Of Toyota, The Number 1 Automaker In The World / Some Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.