Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,276 members, 7,954,091 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:12 PM

Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements (16537 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Do I Need An Airport Transit Visa? / France Cancels Transit Visa For Nigerian Passengers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 08, 2010
Hi guys.
I've gatn ma receipt n unconditional letter for CIU in Lefkosa Cyprus.
De skul told me dey would forward ma name to d turkish embassy in Abuja in July.
wat are d requirements n wat're d other things I nid to secure d transit visa?
Wat are d likely things I meet @ d embassy n ow do I tackle dem.
If possible drop their web addy though am still searchn

Note-SCAMMERS are absolutely not welcomed likewise silly agents

Thanks a milla
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by OAM4J: 11:42pm On Jun 08, 2010
This is a public forum, try and write clearer next time.

This is the first time am hearing of Nigerian citizen needing transit visa to transit Turkey.

I have transited through Istanbul/Turkey with Turkish Airline to Brazil and i dint apply for any transit visa.

Or there are some information missing from your post.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by Yorubah(m): 12:26am On Jun 11, 2010
Your msg is confusing. You need a Cyprus visa and if you have gotten it, you should buy Turkish ticket to apply for the transit A and if you have an Invitation letter from Turkey you can easily get Transit B to allow enter into turkey for few hours.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by YoungGun: 7:44am On Jun 11, 2010
To d 2guys who've replied I wonder if u understand d rudiments of travelling to Cyrus. You need a transit visa from turkish embassy to travel down to North Cyprus. Okay
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by iz2much: 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2010
@ Poster. na too much info go wound u. there is a topic already on that say topic. u already know dos who will answer you.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2010
nothing to say.

iz2much hope u are cool bro.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 12, 2010
Dont mind the Turkish Embassy, I don't know what is wrong with them. Check www.touristvisas.info
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by iz2much: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2010
wip4:

nothing to say.

iz2much hope u are cool bro.

Yes am cool. except you just left me on my own.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2010
oh iz2much no be so my bro ! i promise to kip intouch as soon as am less busy pls. just folow wetin i tell u b4. tamam
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by travelxpat(m): 5:32pm On Jun 16, 2010
all you need is to get a turkish transit visa valid for one month , HOW ?
go to the minstry of education legalise your results there for just 600naira
head staight to the embassy book an appointment probably for next month july , go with your bank statement of account wether spnsored by someone or self , your accepance letter and visa fee of 9k naira and next day you pick up your one month turkish visa that even allows you access to turkey and stay before getting a connecting flight to lanarca in TRNC
GOOD LUCK
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by suxes2006(m): 6:00pm On Jun 16, 2010
iz2much so u 2 sabi aw e dey go now
wip na 2 much efizzy, he just leave
us alone,

Shei
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2010
travelexpat,

Good job done BUT LARNACA is NOT in TRNC is in SOUTH CYPRUS and with Turkish transit visa you cant be allow there. you can only travel tru Dubia to larnaca.
Also any students travelling toTRNC shall book straight to ERCAN AIRPORT in North cyprus from lagos. you have 12hrs stay at ATATURK AIRPOT in ISTANBUL. I will never advise you to leav the airport till your flight connect around 6pm Turkish time if not you shall pay extra money and language barrier might affect you. also send Airport pickup form to your respectiv skools to meet you at ERCAN if not most taxi might charge you range of 50-100tl but bus from skool will take you straight to your pre-arranged accomodation.

IMPT NOTE; i will advise students going to TRNC to do HIV, TB, HEPATITIS test in Nigeria and confirmed Negative b4 applying for visa or travelling to TRNC cos to obtain Temporary residence permit you shall do it again on arrival and if founf +ve, you shall be DEPORTED AT THAT SPOT. some had paid fees, wasted flight fare and were deported back.
Also students going to south Cyprus can only go tru dubai to Larnaca where skool reps meet them at Airport and immigration officials to show minimum of 1600euros. for SC HIV and TB tests are one of their requirements to get visa from SC consulate in Lagos.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 6:42pm On Jun 16, 2010
suxes2006,

i Must confess , i felt bad for saying am doing Effizzy. How i wish some Nigerians can appreciate little things done. If i am not on yahoo messrnger to chat with you does not me am Doing effizzy. I am on Research contract, need to meet up with deadlines and i cant jeopardised my research contract with chattin with you. I only reply anythin important or urgent now or make amendment to anythin wrong for now. i will only come on Yahoo messenger when am done with my work. if you are not okay by that, then you will have to excuse me.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by Yorubah(m): 10:11pm On Jun 16, 2010
@Whip4, Kaf ? Int Kalam Arabie?
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 8:47am On Jun 17, 2010
yorubah,

i can only answer you if i understand your language.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by noblegas2(m): 12:29pm On Jun 17, 2010
there is no Transit visa required provided you are flying Turkish Airlines!!!
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2010
noble-gas,

are you saying NO TRANSIT VISA REQUIRED TO ENTER TRNC? if your answer is yes you beter try to eat well b4 you write anythin here. cos alot of ppel are not here to joke but to get infor that will make things much easier for them. If no TRANSIT VISA to TRNC, how will you enter the Turkish airplane from MMA? will you just disappear into the plane witout passing tru immigrations? if you arrived at ATATURK airport in istanbul wat will you tell them ? you will just work in straight to your house? pls who are you? or explain yourself. TRNC does not mean TEJUOSHO ROAD NEAR COCONUT SIDE oooo it means TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTHERN CYPRUS
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by noblegas2(m): 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2010
wip4:

noble-gas,

are you saying NO TRANSIT VISA REQUIRED TO ENTER TRNC? if your answer is yes you beter try to eat well b4 you write anythin here. cos alot of ppel are not here to joke but to get infor that will make things much easier for them. If no TRANSIT VISA to TRNC, how will you enter the Turkish airplane from MMA? will you just disappear into the plane witout passing tru immigrations? if you arrived at ATATURK airport in istanbul wat will you tell them ? you will just work in straight to your house? pls who are you? or explain yourself. TRNC does not mean TEJUOSHO ROAD NEAR COCONUT SIDE oooo it means TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTHERN CYPRUS

wip4,
Obviously, you must be on some cheap crack! i said you dont need transit visa at Ataturk airport provided you are flying Turkish airline to wherever country you are going to. . . Stop Contradicting yourself. . .now, what part of my english can you not understand

N.B- I have transited through the Istanbul Ataturk Airport 3 times and i have never been asked for transit visa, so get your facts right b4 you come here to contradict yourself!!!
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2010
Noble-gas ,

I can see you dont know what you are saying. I would have not replied you cos from your post i can see you know Nothing and you must have only travelled to ukraine or Russia so you too begin to claim Abroad travellers since you transit from istanbul to ukrain or russia always. I am replying for people that knows what they are doing.

The topic of this thread is TURKISH TRANSIT VISA not ukraine VIsa, the student that posted the topic knows what he is doing and knows what his chosen school asked him to get , you cant just come from No where and say since you are travelling by turkish Airline you dont need visa as if turkish Airline is VISA herself. In Nigeria there are alot of routes that you can transit from Turkey to like Germany, belgium. Most people do travel to Germany or belgium By Turkish airlines , they only transit from istanbul to their final destination either to Borispol , ukraine or Germany or belgium etc they do not need visa since they are not staying at Instabul. alot of people had transited tru dubia to south cyprus b4 as well BUT HERE TO ENTER NORTH CYPRUS WHICH IS THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD YOU MUST HAVE TRANSIT VISA. I will rather advise you to open you eyes wide enuf b4 you reply to any posts becos of the effects on people reading your posts.
For any student travelling to TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTHERN CYPRUS , you need to apply for your Turkish Transit visa at Turkish embassy since north cyprus does not have embassy in Nigeria.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by noblegas2(m): 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2010
wip4:

Noble-gas ,

I can see you dont know what you are saying. I would have not replied you cos from your post i can see you know Nothing and you must have only travelled to ukraine or Russia so you too begin to claim Abroad travellers since you transit from istanbul to ukrain or russia always. I am replying for people that knows what they are doing.

The topic of this thread is TURKISH TRANSIT VISA not ukraine VIsa, the student that posted the topic knows what he is doing and knows what his chosen school asked him to get , you cant just come from No where and say since you are travelling by turkish Airline you dont need visa as if turkish Airline is VISA herself. In Nigeria there are alot of routes that you can transit from Turkey to like Germany, belgium. Most people do travel to Germany or belgium By Turkish airlines , they only transit from istanbul to their final destination either to Borispol , ukraine or Germany or belgium etc they do not need visa since they are not staying at Instabul. alot of people had transited tru dubia to south cyprus b4 as well BUT HERE TO ENTER NORTH CYPRUS WHICH IS THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD YOU MUST HAVE TRANSIT VISA. I will rather advise you to open you eyes wide enuf b4 you reply to any posts becos of the effects on people reading your posts.
For any student travelling to TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTHERN CYPRUS , you need to apply for your Turkish Transit visa at Turkish embassy since north cyprus does not have embassy in Nigeria.

Still you are contradicting yourself. . .I suggest you go to the Turkish airlines office or call them to re-confirm what you are saying because being the slowpoke that you are, i only said, [size=15pt]you do not require a Transit visa to transit at Istanbul[/size]. . . i never mentioned anyting about entering the TRNC . . and talking abt Travel, i didnt use it to ukraine or whateva, i used it from Muscat to Lagos.Mhen av been around.I guess u know what it means by being around, so dont even get me started on that!
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 2:30pm On Jun 18, 2010
noble_gas1:

there is no Transit visa required provided you are flying Turkish Airlines!!!

i only said, [size=15pt]you do not require a Transit visa to transit at Istanbul[/size]. . . i never mentioned anyting about entering the TRNC . .

[quote][/quote]

CAN YOU CHECK YOUR POSTS?? are they the same?? chek the Topic as well. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by ziyaun: 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2010
noble_gas1:

Still you are contradicting yourself. . .I suggest you go to the Turkish airlines office or call them to re-confirm what you are saying because being the slowpoke that you are, i only said, [size=15pt]you do not require a Transit visa to transit at Istanbul[/size]. . . i never mentioned anyting about entering the TRNC . . and talking abt Travel, i didnt use it to ukraine or whateva, i used it from Muscat to Lagos.Mhen av been around.I guess u know what it means by being around, so dont even get me started on that!

guy u do need a transit visa thru ataturk if ur connecting flight is over the space of 24hrs.less than 24hrs no need for transit visa if u are flying turkish airlines. u should have added that so ppl dont get confused
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2010
Noble-gas

Nawaoa ooo. Education is good anyway and ones level of exposure counts alot and family backround, contacts, critical and analytical sense of reasoning shapes our SAYINGS, from the first post i knew you cant travel more than Ukraine, russia, Oman, Iraq, Afghanistan, and the likes. Since you have bin deported back to Nigeria now From Oman and it bin a while i last visited Nigeria and i wont be visiting this summer cos i have alot of presensations and research in Europe, America NOT OMAN at all or IRAQ, you go to MMA to help us confirm from the Turkish Airline?? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2010
ziyaun,

pls help me to tell him again and again ooo so that he should stop confusing people.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by OAM4J: 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2010
wip4:

ziyaun,

pls help me to tell him again and again ooo so that he should stop confusing people.

Pls Wip4, going to North Cyprus, do you have to wait for more than 24hrs at the airport to connect your flight to North Cyprus?
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 3:23pm On Jun 18, 2010
OAM4J,

First, Travelling to North cyprus from Nigeria you will need TURKISH TRANSIT VISA. the flight is mostly at night from lagos some time it leaves around 11pm Niaja time and arrive like 6am or 7am to Istanbul following day. The students or travellers that booked directly from Nigeria to ERCAN Airport in North Cyprus will have to wait till around 6pm turkish time or thereabout to get conected to North cyprus. But the TRANSIT VISA issues Mostly for students will have 72hours DURATION OF STAY incase you dont book ERCAN straight from Nigeria. so btwn 6am to 6pm is less than 24hrs.

so you dont have to wait more than 24hrs if your flight is from Nigeria to ERCAN straight. The reason is that flight from turkey to north cyprus is not all HOURS as is it obtained in nigeria like abuja to lagos. some days they have 2 flights ONLY pa day. one early in the Morning and one in the evening. The one early in the Morning must have gone to North cyprus before the students or travellers arrive from nigeria so travellers have to wait for the one in the Evening around 6 to 7pm if all are under STP.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by OAM4J: 4:04pm On Jun 18, 2010
Wip4, thank you.

Now I get it, correct me if am wrong. It is not because they are staying at the airport more than 24hrs, it is because they are going to Cyprus i.e if you are going to Cyprus through Turkey you must get Turkish transit visa.

But it is not same if you are transiting through Turkey to other destinations in as much you are connect within 24hrs. Right?

Another question pls. Is there Cyprus embassy in Nigeria? if yes I assume they issue visa to anyone going to Cyprus.

Also, is it only through Turkey someone can travel to Cyprus?
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2010
OMA4J

Cyprus is divided into two diffrent parts. THE NORTH PART called TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTH CYPRUS , TRNC the other part is South cyprus SC. TRNC is recognised by Turkey and do not have embassy in Nigeria, so the only way to TRNC is tru TURKISH TRANSIT VISA, at the TURKISH EMBASSY IN NIGERIA.

South cyprus also do not have embassy in Nigeria but Do have CONSULATE in IDDO house in LAGOS. so applicants do apply for visa at the SC consulate. So SC has their own VISA but TRNC do not have ONLY TRANSIT VISA. mostly to travel to SC most people travel tru Dubia and straight to LARNACA airpot in SC.
You can travel to TRNC tru many ways depending on where you are coming from. some travel tru Egypt airline meaning you stop over at Cairo b4 coming to TRNC, emirate airlines etc so the flight route depends on the airline and country.

If you buy a ticket , your flight details including time to reconect even if you transitin shall be indicated on your tickets. if you are going to Germany and you buy Turkish Airline ticket. then you shall stop over at istanbul and reconect wit your next flight at the time indicated on your tickets with such case you dont need TRANSIT VISA at istanbul cos you are only stoppin since their airline has reached her own destination , so you may be travelling to Germany from instabul with another airline again or the same airline depending on them.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by OAM4J: 8:54pm On Jun 18, 2010
Thank you Wip4.

Now I understand clearly why Turkey requires a transit visa to TRNC.

I have used Turkish Airline before to Sao Paulo, transited through Istanbul and I didnt apply for any Turkish transit visa.

But It is understandable why Turkey should request for transit visa going to TRNC, since TRNC has no embassy in Nigeria.

Thanks.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2010
OMA4J,

you are welcome and thanks for your understanding. this is what they call analytical and critical minds.
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 19, 2010
I learnt d transit visa is valid 4 a month. Then how do u go abt it if u wanna come to naija 4 break. Will u obtain another transit visa or how do u renew it?
Re: Turkish Transit Visa N Requirements by wip4: 10:58am On Jun 19, 2010
On your arrival to TRNC , you shall apply for Student temporary residence permit for 1 or 2 yr etc. to apply for residence permit , you shall not have HIV. TB, HEPATITIS B, C if you have when you are tested at the hospital , you shall come back Home with the next available flight and loose your money. so test yourself b4 you travel to TRNC.

when you have residence permit on your Intl passport , you can travel to Nigeria anytime within the limit of your Residence permit . if expired No way you cant return back to TRNC. when you are coming back from your break you shall go back to turkish embassy and get another 1 month TRANSIT VISA.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Commercial Bus Razed Inside NNPC Filling Station In Lagos / Fuel Truck Explodes On Transit In Anambra (Photos) / The Road To Ireland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.