Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U (1200 Views)

Explosion Rocks Drinking Joint At Taraba Cattle Market. 3 Dead, 19 Injured (Pix) / Ondo State Assembly Passes Grazing Bill Into Law / Northern Food And Cattle Dealers Threaten To Stop Food Supply Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by Kings14: 10:47am On Jul 01, 2018
The Chairman of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, Alhaji Abdullahi Bodejo ask Nigerians to support Grazing Bill to a succesful Nigeria. “If we close all the cattle markets in this country, the economy will come down. Take the case of Lagos where they slaughter almost 6000 cows per day; go and ask the governor how much revenue they are raking from there. For almost 60 years, Fulani have not gained anything from government.

“Some people are just bent on destroying the Fulani economy.
Ranching- Miyyeti Allah http://www.crownnewsng.com/2018/07/grazing-bill-nigerians-cannot-survive.html
“As far as I am concerned, they have no reason for opposing creation of ranches. It is just a demonstration of their hatred against the Fulani.

“Everybody has a right to his opinion but the hatred is too much for us. Let us have a rethink and build Nigeria together.”

Speaking on the fact that many states were reluctant to donate land for ranches because they don’t want to regret it in the end, Bodejo declared, “The day those people were born, were they born with the land? The people who are claiming land are the ones causing crisis in this country. If Fulani have the culture of staying in one place, do you think anybody can claim land more than Fulani?
Ranching- Miyyeti Allah http://www.crownnewsng.com/2018/07/grazing-bill-nigerians-cannot-survive.html
“If you don’t know, land all over Nigeria belongs to the Fulani. But the only thing is that we don’t have business to do with the land.”

The Chairman of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, Alhaji Abdullahi Bodejo, has declared that land all over Nigeria belong to the Fulani.

According to him, those claiming to owe land and would not release it to government for ranching were being selfish and do not want peace in the land.

He told Sun that his group was supporting the establishment of ranches 100 per cent, disclosing that, “it is because there are no ranches that some Fulani elements from other states are opposed to anti-grazing law.

“But with the intervention of the Federal Government, Fulani can now confine their grazing activities to a particular area.
“They are raising opposition to it because the President of the federation is a Fulani man. I don’t know the basis of the opposition, but those people who are opposed to it are enemies of the Fulani. They are trying to gang up against the Fulani because of their personal interests.

“Is it not a good idea to also settle the Fulani? This will be a solution to the herders-farmers’ conflicts Insha Allah.

1 Share

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by blakid(m): 10:50am On Jul 01, 2018
I think it's high time my people also venture into cattle rearing in a modern way, instead of making this BLOOD SUCKERS feel too important. Survive Without You My Foot.

6 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by Ttipsy(f): 11:04am On Jul 01, 2018
so as big as the North can't still accommodate this blood suckers from carrying out their ranching

3 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by SalamRushdie: 11:07am On Jul 01, 2018
Falgore forest is enough for any capacity of ranching ...we say know Fulani deceptive ranches.... I call on well meaning Nigerians to boycott Beef for one year till these blood suckers receive sense

5 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by debaj10: 11:10am On Jul 01, 2018
Tru tok
sai baba
Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by Greyworld: 11:11am On Jul 01, 2018
something is terribly wrong with these ones. Remain in your ansentral dormain and if you dont av then politely n legally acquire from others. Every other tribe does that.

The ibos in other regions buy land, even foreign investors do same so why must you be given land for free ? are your gaddamn cows free?

see these people av enjoyed years of freebies nd monopoly of violence so when people (host communities) speak out now its a crime.

Imagine : “If you don’t know, land all over Nigeria belongs to the Fulani. But the only thing is that we don’thave business to do with the land.” That was how one urchin who my friend was unfortunte to serve with during NYSC Said the crude oil in southern Nigeria flowed downwards from the north hence the north has the oil.

Brethren isnt that amazing?

2 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by ashjay001(m): 11:19am On Jul 01, 2018
Why can't pple just think abt d business aspect n leave sentiments in d beer parlour?

Those ranches will need supplies n will be vastly beneficial to d local communities. More jobs creation, better cattle rearing practices, improved milk production, reduce crimes committed by Fulanis, n save all our nation, all these unbecoming attacks

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by Greyworld: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2018
ashjay001:
Why can't pple just think abt d business aspect n leave sentiments in d beer parlour?

Those ranches will need supplies n will be vastly beneficial to d local communities. More jobs creation, better cattle rearing practices, improved milk production, reduce crimes committed by Fulanis, n save all our nation, all these unbecoming attacks

Hey when dealing with those lot jst bear in mind you aint dealing with rational beings. some one who believe he owns your land... They can do the milk, meat, cheese and whatever in their north and "export" it to us down south. shey dats how we get tomatoes n onions?

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by ashjay001(m): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2018
Greyworld:

Hey when dealing with those lot jst bear in mind you aint dealing with rational beings. some one who believe he owns your land... They can do the milk, meat, cheese and whatever in their north and "export" it to us down south. shey dats how we get tomatoes n onions?

There is ds region in abj, called Mpape. They recently, won in court, against d govt. They can't be evicted! They took over d land n built burrows.

Imagine ds nomads, deciding to settle down n create permanent communities n den suing everyone n their father to court, when eviction time comes? These are pple u see grazing on d grounds of d NASS!

Even d northerners, don't want them!

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by Malocity(m): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2018
Let them use Sambisa Forest for Grazing. Leave communities alone...We will place order when we need cows and please let them come online like Jumia and Konga. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by Greyworld: 11:38am On Jul 01, 2018
ashjay001:

There is ds region in abj, called Mpape. They recently, won in court, against d govt. They can't be evicted! They took over d land n built burrows.

Imagine ds nomads, deciding to settle down n create permanent communities n den suing everyone n their father to court, when eviction time comes? These are pple u see grazing on d grounds of d NASS!

Even d northerners, don't want them!
Bros i ll didnt get ur write up. But then i believe they av an ancestral home, they should go there. well if they dont its their problem cus no body wants to next to them. they re wholly greedy, egoist and abusive (physically )

I wont sale 100x100 in my remote village for 50million to these people and am sure yu knw why.

pls explain dat Abj stuff

3 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by saaron(m): 11:39am On Jul 01, 2018
ALL LAND IN NIGERIA BELONG TO FULANI. ~ MIYETTI ALLAH
Sounds like what a terrorist will say. The statement above is similar to the statement made by FUNAM, another terrorist group.

Southern Nigerians don't want Terrorist FULANI SETTLEMENT in Southern Nigeria. They can set up their bloody ranches in Sokoto, Zamfara, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Yobe, Bornu and Jigawa. After all, they are the ones who claimed with pride that north has more land mass than South.
It's very ironic that, the large grazing reserve offered to terrorist fulani herdsmen by Kano state gov have been rejected by the terrorist herdsmen themselves. A graphic example that the genocide against Christians in middle belt has NOTHING to do with cattle rearing. They are just using cattle rearing as COVER for their bloody JIHAD. Bloody terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by ashjay001(m): 11:45am On Jul 01, 2018
Greyworld:

Bros i ll didnt get ur write up. But then i believe they av an ancestral home, they should go there. well if they dont its their problem cus no body wants to next to them. they re wholly greedy, egoist and abusive (physically )

I wont sale 100x100 in my remote village for 50million to these people and am sure yu knw why.

pls explain dat Abj stuff

The Fulanis are supposedly from futajallon area in guinea. That's like saying, d African-Americans, should return to Africa or Irish-Americans, should return to Irelandshocked

Govt acquisited Mpape. Settlers moved in n built their whatnots.

Govt came to its sense n gave them notice, to evacuate. Govt was taken to court n govt lost.
Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by saaron(m): 11:46am On Jul 01, 2018
blakid:
I think it's high time my people also venture into cattle rearing in a modern way, instead of making this BLOOD SUCKERS feel too important. Survive Without You My Foot.
Exactly. Some states in South East like Anambra have already started modern Cattle rearing to break the monopoly of the terrorist.

3 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by Greyworld: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2018
ashjay001:

The Fulanis are supposedly from futajallon area in guinea. That's like saying, d African-Americans, should return to Africa or Irish-Americans, should return to Irelandshocked

Govt acquisited Mpape. Settlers moved in n built their whatnots.

Govt came to its sense n gave them notice, to evacuate. Govt was taken to court n govt lost.
okay and now what you re saying in essense is that people should give them land like that so they dont get killed ? or...

such is life. It is their problem they migrated n now av no home. Other tribes got theirs too. Their only chance is to respect host or as normal continue killing people but they re never welcome. Simple

2 Likes

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by yourwish: 11:53am On Jul 01, 2018
This is where the problem lies

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by vinnex: 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2018
Come to think of it, every region in Nigeria has been occupied century ago even before colonization. The Fulanis as their own place to live, let them remain in those places and carryout their herds business. If they want to extend their business beyond their areas then they should buy land and establish ranches.
There is no way they can obtain land by killing and occupying peoples homes in this century.

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by RevenGeMission: 12:30pm On Jul 01, 2018
Ttipsy:
so as big as the North can't still accommodate this blood suckers from carrying out their ranching

Weather has changed, cattles will not survive grazing the north alone, besides that, you can't force them to stay up north it's already a desert, ranching requires lots of investment, lots of land and green pastures, those things especially green pastures are not in the North, at least not everywhere

So embrace confining these people to a place, until at least proper measures are put in place. Once confined there wouldn't be confrontations here and there and if they get attacked in their colony they'll have the numbers to defend their cattles and themselves
Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by RevenGeMission: 12:31pm On Jul 01, 2018
vinnex:
Come to think of it, every region in Nigeria has been occupied century ago even before colonization. The Fulanis as their own place to live, let them remain in those places and carryout their herds business. If they want to extend their business beyond their areas then they should buy land and establish ranches.
There is no way they can obtain land by killing and occupying peoples homes in this century.

Fulani herdsmen did not colonize Ibo land when they were in obudu cattle ranch why the propaganda about jihad and islamization

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by RevenGeMission: 12:33pm On Jul 01, 2018
yourwish:
This is where the problem lies

You people should stop hating, the picture you circled depicts farming and agriculture, cattle and groundnut pyramid

I don't see crude oil in any of our monies so let the "awa oyel" screams reduce

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by ashjay001(m): 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2018
Greyworld:

okay and now what you re saying in essense is that people should give them land like that so they dont get killed ? or...

such is life. It is their problem they migrated n now av no home. Other tribes got theirs too. Their only chance is to respect host or as normal continue killing people but they re never welcome. Simple

It is our problemangry

because, dey kill ussad

Do u know, d US, sometimes pays farmers, to reduce the amount of crop being cultivated?

Personally, as long as d community is adequately compensated, sell them as much land as u can afford to. If govt is doing d buying, all d best! After all, govt is paying more to d security outfits, to provide protection n try to stop d killings.

If Dangote's land in lekki was acquired n d owners, forced to settle by govt, why cant d herdsmen get same treatment

Amazon, told counties, to bid for it to locate it's new headqtrs in their locality. Shouldn't that be what state govts n citizens be bidding for Investments to bring urbanization.
Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by SoarAfrica(m): 1:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
Fulani folks brought this on themselves I wouldn't blame any tribe who is wary of them now, you can't keep valuing cattle over people's lives and keep claiming it's your culture, what about your host's culture.
Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by fabianjay101(m): 2:10pm On Jul 01, 2018
RevenGeMission:

Weather has changed, cattles will not survive grazing the north alone, besides that, you can't force them to stay up north it's already a desert, ranching requires lots of investment, lots of land and green pastures, those things especially green pastures are not in the North, at least not everywhere

So embrace confining these people to a place, until at least proper measures are put in place. Once confined there wouldn't be confrontations here and there and if they get attacked in their colony they'll have the numbers to defend their cattles and themselves
Are you ok?
Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by Greyworld: 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2018
ashjay001:

It is our problemangry

because, dey kill ussad

Do u know, d US, sometimes pays farmers, to reduce the amount of crop being cultivated?

Personally, as long as d community is adequately compensated, sell them as much land as u can afford to. If govt is doing d buying, all d best! After all, govt is paying more to d security outfits, to provide protection n try to stop d killings.

If Dangote's land in lekki was acquired n d owners, forced to settle by govt, why cant d herdsmen get same treatment

Amazon, told counties, to bid for it to locate it's new headqtrs in their locality. Shouldn't that be what state govts n citizens be bidding for Investments to bring urbanization.
It seems you aint getting it. Nobody wants any thing to do with them. Dangote ll set up an industry after paying handsomely for the land. These ones re looking for what exactly? Land to buy or free ranches because they believe they can kill land owners?

1 Like

Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by amarilo: 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2018
ashjay001:

I dont think anybody is against ranching. What people and many state government is against is confisication of people land for ranching by fulanis. If we dont have ranches in Kano, Sokoto and Katsina then they are not worthy to have it anywhere. You mentioned the business side of it and the revenue it will generate, are those northern states not interested in the revenue? Your answer will give u a glimpse of their motive.
Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by onyfrank: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2018
Greyworld:
something is terribly wrong with these ones. Remain in your ansentral dormain and if you dont av then politely n legally acquire from others. Every other tribe does that.

The ibos in other regions buy land, even foreign investors do same so why must you be given land for free ? are your gaddamn cows free?

see these people av enjoyed years of freebies nd monopoly of violence so when people (host communities) speak out now its a crime.

Imagine : “If you don’t know, land all over Nigeria belongs to the Fulani. But the only thing is that we don’thave business to do with the land.” That was how one urchin who my friend was unfortunte to serve with during NYSC Said the crude oil in southern Nigeria flowed downwards from the north hence the north has the oil.

Brethren isnt that amazing?
they are right o.
I was digging somewhere in Jigawa, suprisingly I reached the deptwhere I found oil flowing.
I kept digging oo, following the the oil flow. Do y know where I found myself? In Bonny Ireland. Truely the oil na dia own.
Ndi ara
Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by EternalTruths: 6:00pm On Jul 01, 2018
Both you guys and your cows we do not want to share the same country with.
Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by EternalTruths: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2018
ashjay001:

What is the name of your village & state.?
Re: Grazing Bill: Nigerians Cannot Survive Without Herdsmen And Cattle Market, Let U by millomaniac: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2018
Something is really going on in the country which is backed by the federal government. Ever since buhari came to power governance stopped being about caring or in the case of nigeria pretending to care for the people it clearly became the case of one man using the resource and wealth of the country to kill or harass perceived enemies, and indirectly supporting murderous kinsmen. nigeria has never been more divided along ethnic lines since the civil war. there has been so much blood shed of the innocent. So many devilish schemes to extort money from the already impoverished populace and self enrichment like the introduction of numerous bank charges introduced by the administration that was not there before, As the present government lacks creative thinking. Almost double the payment of subsidy daily in millions of dollars. Not one single press interview(How dare you bloody civilian journalist question the president) even thou he answered same journalist in the US. One can safely say this government is a curse on the country.

(1) (Reply)

Police Slap Me, Beat Me, Shot At Me, Fayose Weeps As He Cried Out / Tragedy As Pastor Accidentally Drives Into Jubilating Crowd In Fayemi’s Hometown / Advantages Of Direct Primaries Voting Proposed By APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.