Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates (7911 Views)

Samuel Eto’o Shares Photo With Wife / UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians / Samuel Eto’o’s Salary Broken Down. Incredible Figures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 08, 2010
it's his money to spend as he sees fit.

some spend more than that on various mistresses.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by wazobiang: 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2010
if eto buys a watch of that amount for me, i'd throw it back to him. the money is better. better he should have gone to their market place and showered the children and old women with the 1.3 million dollars. that will be a landmark day, they will never forget that day and will forever reference other days to it.

like " oby was born 32 days after eto showered dollars at so and so market"

whatever
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by medjai(m): 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2010
Endorsement or no endorsement, Eto'o has always been known for constanly trying to get the best out of his team mates. He did the same in 2006 world cup qualification campaign where he promised his team mates a certain amount of money if they qualified. Dont be surprised when you see the Indomitable Lions acting like they are on drugs.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Outstrip(f): 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2010
wazobia-ng:

if eto buys a watch of that amount for me, i'd throw it back to him. the money is better. better he should have gone to their market place and showered the children and old women with the 1.3 million dollars. that will be a landmark day, they will never forget that day and will forever reference other days to it.

like " oby was born 32 days after eto showered dollars at so and so market"

whatever

I agree but keep in mind that those watches were probably made for less that $2000.00. They retail for 29,000.00. It makes sense when you think of it that way. People will talk about the watches and it will be plastered on the net. Nobody with any sense will give out $29000.00 watches to people who probably have never made that much money in their whole life combined
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by mamagee3(f): 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

NO! I mean Commonruin
Exactly, what I thought.

[size=25pt]You're a dummy!
[/size]
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by AjanleKoko: 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2010
Bialegend:

For those who do not know and will come here to open their mouths to do nothing else other than to bash, Samuel Eto'o runs a diamond wrist watch brand/fashion company. The watches he gave out as gifts to his team mates are actually a sort of publicity/advertisment in disguise, and he stands to gain more that he gave out through that worthy awareness creation. They are only his brands of luxury wrist watches which he is only advertising through that way. Check this out: http://www.luxgallery.com/luxury/the-time-of-eto%E2%80%99o/375/

That still doesn't make it right.
He lives in a Third World country. $1.3m would make good seed money towards a soccer school in Cameroun, for aspiring young Eto'os.
Besides . . . really, you think Europeans would fall over themselves to grab a piece of Eto'o watches? When Piaget and all the other brands dey there? Dream on!
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by dipo2much(m): 11:02pm On Jun 08, 2010
Pls dont judge him. He is allowed to spend his money anyway he likes. Do you think he has never donated to a charity before? Abeg leave the guy. all the other camerounian footballers definitely look up to him as one of cameroun's most successful ballers. So its not out of place if he shows some big-brotherly philanthropy
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by eldee(m): 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2010
AjanleKoko:

He lives in a Third World country. $1.3m would make good seed money towards a soccer school in Cameroun, for aspiring young Eto'os.
Besides . . . really, you think Europeans would fall over themselves to grab a piece of Eto'o watches? When Piaget and all the other brands dey there? Dream on!

Why are you using the internet when there are millions of people that will die of hunger in your country??
Do you think the N1,000 you spend on the internet monthly is not enough to save the life of at least one of the 400,000 kids suffering from malnutrition??
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by kobikwelu(m): 11:11pm On Jun 08, 2010
abeggggiii all of una wey dey beef, GO AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!

ITS HIS MONEY

IF HE LIKES, HE CAN BURN MONEY!!!!

ITS HIS.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by MeGaStReEt: 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2010
mama-gee:

Exactly, what I thought.

[size=25pt]You're a dummy!
[/size]

hey! show some respect
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by mamagee3(f): 11:31pm On Jun 08, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

hey! show some respect
Respect?

I give respect to him it is due, I don't shower respect on dummies. . .It's like showering gifts on pigs.
wink
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by MeGaStReEt: 11:40pm On Jun 08, 2010
mama-gee:

Respect?

I give respect to him it is due, I don't shower respect on dummies. . .It's like showering gifts on pigs.
wink

its a pity, i sorry for your parents, i bet this is what they go through everyday
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by swing4real(m): 11:49pm On Jun 08, 2010
You guys complaining about the gift don´t really know Eto.The Samuel I know is a cheerful giver.If you have a problem money can solve and within his reach you approach Eto at the right time consider your problem solve that´s  for sure. This is well known when he was in bcn
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by olax44(m): 11:51pm On Jun 08, 2010
@ mama-gee, i think u lack courtesy! Go learn how to talk and listen. That guy was kidding when he said comonruin.  And @ eldee, how could u compare someone who is using internet with someone who is buying wrist watch worth $1.3m for his coleague? think!
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by olax44(m): 12:00am On Jun 09, 2010
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by chelseabmw(m): 1:08am On Jun 09, 2010
abeg make una leave eto alone.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by mukina2: 1:35am On Jun 09, 2010
eldee:

BTW . . . if any of those players don't like the watch, could they please send it to my address, I don't mind wearing a $29,000 watch that says Assou-Ekotto on it. grin grin
traitor!! angry grin
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by philips70(m): 1:38am On Jun 09, 2010
@MAMA GEE FROM UR POSTS HERE YOU ARE D REAL DUMB ASS MOTHERFUCKER. U HAVE AN EMPTY SKULL AND YOU ARE DEFINITELY FIT TO BE FED WITH THE PIGS. YAK ON N U WILL SOON MEET UR WATERLOO[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by tosinaded(m): 8:20am On Jun 09, 2010
every1 decides wut he spends his money on abeg. , . . . u all should stop all this nonsense!
many of u on this site use extravagant stuffs, y not give the money to the poor?
una go just dey yarn rubbish, cos say na one big star dey involved!!!

is it his responsibility to feed the poor?
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 09, 2010
[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]This mama gee is just another animal B.I.T.C.H[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size] I have noticed in this forum I guess another crack Yankee crack head. @ post who cares what eto do with em money, but better still helping the poor make some sens. My opinion.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by delegiwa(m): 9:33am On Jun 09, 2010
My fellow NLanders,

Let us get this thing straight! Eto' made his team mates a promise of a customized watch gift if they qualify for the world cup. The contentious watch gift in question is just in fulfilment of that promise and I don't think anyone should question that.

Another thing that caught my fancy on this topic is how people think Eto' would've used the money to feed the poor and build homes for the homeless or share it amongst old women in his village. They are all laudable but what is wrong is fulfilling a promise? Let us leave the guy alone jor. He has tried,
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by ayo84(m): 10:00am On Jun 09, 2010
you people should leave eto alone,whats the big deal in buying $42,000 watches for your team mates,when you have the money
SPEND IT!!!!
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Reptyle(m): 10:38am On Jun 09, 2010
For all of una wey dey vex for d guy, let me make like Eldee and ask:

IS IT UR MONEY?? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by member479760: 10:54am On Jun 09, 2010
Right move, no one will carry am go to that place.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by suxes2005(m): 10:59am On Jun 09, 2010
It aint our money but dat not withstanding
he shud av spent it on a berra fing

SHALOM
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Borat1: 11:14am On Jun 09, 2010
Sometimes nairalanders can be annoying. . .
Someone one decides to motivate his teammates ahead of a very important competition and you are critisizing the lad. . .someone even says he should give the watches (or rather the money for the watches to orphans). .
Who told you he doesnt give to orphans?
why being ridiculous?
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Homonide: 11:39am On Jun 09, 2010
If Eto'o feels the best way to motivate his team mates is buying such expensive wristwatches for them, then it is not our business to question it.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Youngichou(m): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

its a pity, i sorry for your parents, i bet this is what they go through everyday
lol poor nigerians
mukina2:

traitor!! angry grin
  lol no be only u oooooo
MeGaStReEt:

hey! show some respect
mam gee again i thought she did take some rest after the controversy about her on nairaland
eldee:

Why are you using the internet when there are millions of people that will die of hunger in your country??
Do you think the N1,000 you spend on the internet monthly is not enough to save the life of at least one of the 400,000 kids suffering from malnutrition??
   abeg  help me tell am ooo nigerians !!!!
AjanleKoko:

even  at that.  he tried at least he is  better off u hu  have 1000 for internet connection every month and can't give 100 naira  to the poor. 
MeGaStReEt:

NO! I mean Commonruin
tanks megasteret that is the right answer for mama gee
eldee:

If it were just for the awareness, why didn't he give them to his Inter Milan players instead??
Doesn't he have a higher chance of publicising his watches when Sneidjer or Mourinho is seen wearing his watch than Ndiefi or whatever their names are??

He's not gaining more by spending that much on his national team, he's motivating them, infact, if they didn't qualify, they would not have received the wristwatches.
gbam!!!! that's it
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by mikeoscar: 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
Good; they need to be time-conscious 'cos they'll be leaving South Africa early.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by desthan(m): 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2010
for heaven sake, the poor fella didn't ''odidigboriboRIZE'' the money grin, he's free to do whatever pleases him. Action Justified.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by eldee(m): 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2010
mama-gee:

Respect?

wink

I was watching the whole scenario play out itself and you seem to be the one being daft here.
If at this stage in your life, you can't spot a simple and funny play on words, then your case is desperate.

Like seriously, you're making it your job to spot spelling errors on the net??
Save your face and leave your Spelling Bee certificate under your bed, you're too young to be making a joke of yourself round here.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jun 09, 2010
mehhhhhhn, i love this dude. top class professional , top class motivator. the move makes a lot of sense. ofcourse most of the Camerounian players are big boys in their own rights. talk of Song, Kameni, Assou Ekoto, these guys play in big clubs n they got doe too, but when u play 2 games in the qualifying series along with nations like Gabon and u are about to be booted out, n knowing u wanna make an impression in your possibly last world cup, being a 3-time champions league winner, Eto'o is simply amazing. i watched his latest interview n the way he spoke of the possibility of winning the world cup for his country was just insiring.even if cameroon dont make it far, u all agree that it takes a guy with heart to win the champions league 3 times in 5 years!, he's a great guy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar / Christian Obiozor Unveiled As Enyimba Player / FIFA World Cup Trophies Stolen In South Africa Today ( Disgrace )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.