Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates (7910 Views)

Samuel Eto’o Shares Photo With Wife / UK Jewellers Refuse To Sell Watch To Samuel Eto’o Because Of 'some Nigerians / Samuel Eto’o’s Salary Broken Down. Incredible Figures! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by cbjonstage(m): 4:13pm On Jun 09, 2010
the courage in him makes me believe his actions but gift thing would ve been a dinner stuff rather than unnecessary luxury item
has he made any donation to any orphanage home in his country sef ?
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by eldee(m): 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2010
cbjonstage:

has he made any donation to any orphanage home in his country sef ?

Yes he has . . . countless times at that.
And he has also opened a Football Academy to develop the talent of poor kids and send them to Europe to start footballing careers.
He has taken part in various events to help people affected by the Tsunami, Earthquakes and other natural disasters.

Why is this one becoming a problem?? Is it because it might help to inspire the team??
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by AjanleKoko: 5:06pm On Jun 09, 2010
eldee:

Why are you using the internet when there are millions of people that will die of hunger in your country??
Do you think the N1,000 you spend on the internet monthly is not enough to save the life of at least one of the 400,000 kids suffering from malnutrition??

Dude, N1k no be $29k na . . . undecided
I'm sure I spend a lot more than that, if I actually cost my Internet usage.

It just sounds kinda crass, and lau-lau to me.
$1.3m is a lot of money for Africa. Just my opinion sha.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by esteelv: 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2010
~Borat~:

Sometimes nairalanders can be annoying. . .
Someone one decides to motivate his teammates ahead of a very important competition and you are critisizing the lad. . .someone even says he should give the watches (or rather the money for the watches to orphans). .
Who told you he doesnt give to orphans?
why being ridiculous?

I was gona say same.d fact dat he could even give so much to his team mates who r earning good sums should tell one dat eto'o is simply a giver.
am sure he gives much more to d orphans.God bless his heart.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by eldee(m): 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Dude, N1k no be $29k na . . .  undecided
I'm sure I spend a lot more than that, if I actually cost my Internet usage.

It just sounds kinda crass, and lau-lau to me.
$1.3m is a lot of money for Africa. Just my opinion sha.

At the end of the day, your N1,000 a month could save someone's child from starving to death. . . let's not even include the money you spend on credit and other stuff, still leaving some money in your account as security.

The life you're living is luxury to some people, but they don't question how you spend your money.
We are not in the position to make moral judgements . . . if not we should start by attacking businesses that gather money for themselves and then question the people paying Eto'o that sort of money.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by mukina2: 5:35pm On Jun 09, 2010
Eldee
how much does Eto pay you? grin
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by eldee(m): 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2010
mukina2:

Eldee
how much does Eto pay you? grin

If I support him enough, I'll get one of those watches. grin grin
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by cbjonstage(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2010
eldee:

Yes he has . . . countless times at that.
And he has also opened a Football Academy to develop the talent of poor kids and send them to Europe to start footballing careers.
He has taken part in various events to help people affected by the Tsunami, Earthquakes and other natural disasters.
Why is this one becoming a problem?? Is it because it might help to inspire the team??

if dats true, i see no reason y pple shod get mad at him. he just want to carry everyone along as a family, who among our 9ja stars had done this
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by misterh(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2010
I think this is a right thing to do to motivate the team mate. You guys should stop blaming him. This shows his patriotism.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Miccorp: 10:30pm On Jun 09, 2010
Its a nice gesture. I am positiv nt many players can do dt. As for wether the money sud hav been given to orphans, i believe sum 1 who can giv such gifts to fellow team mates, will definitely hav one or two charity organisations. And these players can sell these watches n get the money, if they feel dt is wat they want. Thumbs up etoo. Hope the incentive to win works 4 ur team.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by mamagee3(f): 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2010
REALITY101:

[size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]This mama gee is just another animal B.I.T.C.H[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size] I have noticed in this forum I guess another crack Yankee crack head. @ post who cares what eto do with em money, but better still helping the poor make some sens. My opinion.

philips70:

@MAMA GEE FROM your POSTS HERE YOU ARE D REAL DUMB backside naughty person. U HAVE AN EMPTY SKULL AND YOU ARE DEFINITELY FIT TO BE FED WITH THE PIGS. YAK ON N U WILL SOON MEET your WATERLOO[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
olax44:

@ mama-gee, i think u lack courtesy.go learn how to talk and listen.that guy was actally kidding when he said comonruin. And @ eldee, how could you compare someone using internet with someone buying a wrist watch worth $1.3m for his colleague? think!
Take heart, mofos. cool tongue
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by mbulela: 2:52am On Jun 10, 2010
Eto'o probably does more humanitarian stuff than any other african player.
even if he funded red cross single handedly, there will still be suffering in the world.
it is is money and he has a right to do as he desires.
he has a watch collection named after him (he does not own the company like someone mentioned earlier) and if he chooses to give out some to his mates,i see no big deal there.
the cost of those watches is not up to what some EPL players lose in gambling in a week.go and see how much Matthew Etherington is owing in gambling debts and he does not earn half of what Eto'o earns.
come to think of it, being an ambassador for the watch company, Eto'o might not even have paid street value for them.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by princekevo(m): 7:06am On Jun 10, 2010
When the whites call us monkies we take it as an Insult, whereas, our acts is not that far from animal behaviour.
A whiteman will suffer to save up $ 20k and bring it down to help the poor in Africa. An African will have a million dollar, he will use it to buy watches for other millioniers like him who will never value it. Cameroon is rated as one of the most poor country in the world, yet Eto found pleasure in buying wrist watch of $1.3m to his fellow millioniers.

The world will keep laughing at out foolishness.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by babaogun(m): 11:02am On Jun 10, 2010
princekevo:

When the whites call us monkies we take it as an Insult, whereas, our acts is not that far from animal behaviour.
A whiteman will suffer to save up $ 20k and bring it down to help the poor in Africa. An African will have a million dollar, he will use it to buy watches for other millioniers like him who will never value it. Cameroon is rated as one of the most poor country in the world, yet Eto found pleasure in buying wrist watch of $1.3m to his fellow millioniers.

The world will keep laughing at out foolishness.

i am not sure you saw this!!!
Quote from: Bialegend on June 08, 2010, 09:11 PM
For those who do not know and will come here to open their mouths to do nothing else other than to bash, Samuel Eto'o runs a diamond wrist watch brand/fashion company. The watches he gave out as gifts to his team mates are actually a sort of publicity/advertisment in disguise, and he stands to gain more that he gave out through that worthy awareness creation. They are only his brands of luxury wrist watches which he is only advertising through that way. Check this out: http://www.luxgallery.com/luxury/the-time-of-eto%E2%80%99o/375/

BTW, Etoo grew up in poverty, understands poverty more than you probably can, has various charities he supports.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by olatunjin(m): 11:23am On Jun 10, 2010
@Outstrip you don't need to say stupid thing you ever head he is justb trying to motivate them so far he has the money.So allow him to spend the money he worked for it .You people will never talk about the sefless politicial wasting our resources and money but talk of people who made their money legally and been good to people you better wacth the way you talk.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Kx: 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2010
Irony.
Eto buys gifts to motivate team mates,
JayJay used his own pay to float club 10 nite club.
which one is better?
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by mbulela: 7:46am On Jun 11, 2010
^^^
jaya jay is better.
we get to party there.
at least i have benefitted from his largesse.
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 16, 2010
*old topic: all I read was Eto'o's name and I got excited lol. he can buy me a watch from the Dollar Store and I'd be happy lol. grin I love that guy. (He and Gyan are my hubbies. I am a reverse polygamist LMFAO.)
Re: Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates by passibrown(f): 10:19pm On Mar 24, 2011
hej people

just wanna say i love the debate both for and aganst, atleast everyone has the right to their openion but being judgemental here is what i hate, to say the least and talking as a fellow citizen as etoo i would say we in this country are not complaning on any how etoo chosses to spend his money because his generosity is unmeasurable. there is no normal cameroonian who will not endorse etoo even if he choses to burn all his money, this just goes to say tha,t he has done alot from the top to botom and bottom to top to all cameroonians. he cant possibly satisfy every cameroonian, but he has one or two public services to render to each local cameroon community, so those wrist watches to his teamates were just all a souvenir that he could possibly offer them u and i know that none of those guys are hungy or need phisicall cash from him,so he could only convert it to a gift, and mind whoever if any of them so badly need cash they can just go back to rolex and sell the watch simple, but .the guys did love and appreciated their gifts, and if any who was or is against, then he is only a jelouse person,

i got lots of exampleson charity activiites if u ask me, and if necessary. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enyimba FC Vs Kano Pillars Today Sunday, 30 July In Calabar / Christian Obiozor Unveiled As Enyimba Player / FIFA World Cup Trophies Stolen In South Africa Today ( Disgrace )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.