Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? (2827 Views)

Police Arrest Oshiomole's Driver / Oshiomole Buys Chips From Child Who Should Be In School / Oshiomole In A Canoe Helping Flood Victims: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by annyplenty(m): 11:57pm On Jun 08, 2010
I listened to Oshiomole's speech when he attended the Fix-Nigeria-initiative held by EFCC during the reign of Nuhu Ribadu as the chairman and I believed he would perform if he became governor of edo state. but now, it seems i have heard a little about his performance. Is this man really performing in Edo state. Most critics are not always good administrators.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by whybanme(f): 12:26am On Jun 09, 2010
u talking to yourself.why open a thread
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by bigfrancy(f): 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2010
he has done a lot of things in here
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by annyplenty(m): 10:27pm On Jun 09, 2010
can you mention a few? i dont live in edo. i just want to know if he met expectations.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by Obinoscopy(m): 10:51pm On Jun 09, 2010
Mr Oshiomhole has done NOTHING! for Edo State. All he is doing is playing a strong partisan politics by subduing all PDP members. He should be careful cos he could get swallowed up! He is sailing in troubled waters
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by ud4u: 12:40pm On Jun 10, 2010
I traveled to Edo last two months and I saw nothing
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by omamokta: 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2010
I promise, we are watching him. If he likes let him play politics with the opportunity given to him by GOD. At the end of the tenure he must account for his deeds, whether he likes it or not. We are watching him.He is not the only one that knows how to talk, there are others who can talk and moblise as well. Oshiomole becareful, we will ask of your scorecard when the time comes.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by Baro(m): 11:45pm On Jun 10, 2010
Edo State has changed, you can only know this if you come and see for yourself.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by Ehoi: 12:06am On Jun 11, 2010
Edo state again?
Why are people so interested in this governor?
Apart from Fashola of Lagos, Oshiomole is the most talked about governor here.
And one thing i have noticed is that he has both strong supporters and strong critics. You hardly see anyone sitting on the fence.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by otokx(m): 1:08am On Jun 11, 2010
Lawlessness has increased as EDO is now number 1 in the number of human kidnappings.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by ladi02(m): 1:36am On Jun 11, 2010
The ONLY thing Oshiomole has done is travel up and down, whenever the President is travelling he makes himself available for a free trip abroad, doubt the man stays 2 full weeks sef in Nigeria. SHAME!!!
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by 190: 1:41am On Jun 11, 2010
that man called O-STOLE-MONEY

edo people don tire 4 the man

hes even worse than lucky!!
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by mamman4: 9:20am On Jun 11, 2010
i hope that he has not filled up the ears of edo ppl with deceptive speeches like saying that he will create 10000 jobs in 1 month abi na 2 weeks saf, no be wetin una tok we go chop woo, na wetin we see for ground na hin we go believe,
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by spoOne: 9:53am On Jun 11, 2010
mamman4:

i hope that he has not filled up the ears of edo ppl with deceptive speeches like saying that he will create 10000 jobs in 1 month abi na 2 weeks saf, no be wetin una tok we go chop woo, na wetin we see for ground na hin we go believe,

What can you expect from an incredibly ugly pigmy, with a megaphone and control of state budget?

He has done something – he holds the title for the ugliest governor with the most girl friends – he has at least 20 Hos and call girls in Washington DC and Maryland; and the goat has countless prostitutes throughout Nigeria. This’ the main reason, he’s never in his state.

Oshiom ole will never fulfill any of his campaign promise to the electorate – I feel sorry for the people of Edo state. I understand the intrigue and Comparison to Fashiola – Fashiola is fulfilling his mandate to the people of Lagos state; Oshiom ole is stealing from Edo state and sowing his oats in as many Hos as the term will permit.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by ohisng(m): 10:15am On Jun 11, 2010
@ud4u- Doubt if u visited benin 2months ago, if not u would have seen the re-creation of a new ring road at the centre of the town, u would have seen the drainages being done, u would have seen the repairs done at 5 junction, u would have seen the upgrade of the Central Hospital, U would have seen the increase in the state's IGR, u would have seen the various youths employed so far by the government, you would have seen the incorporation of e-governance into the state, you would have noticed that Edo State has been removed from the list of States with massive examination malpractice, you would have seen much more!!
Does that mean the man has performed PERFECTLY? NO!! He still has much to do and we can all criticize him BUT for crying out loud, lets criticize constructively!!!
What is it with Nigerians and PULL HIM DOWN SYNDROME
Even the Fashola that many people praise is now currently under attack from 5th columnists!
Nigerians, can ANYTHING ever satisfy us?

@$poOne- I dont know how much u know about these so politicians, but having Hos, concubines, e.t.c is NOT news to anyone again. U only need to read the papers to know how common this is. Is it not a president in this country who was sleeping with his son's wife? 20 Hos and call girls in DC alone? lol. Pray how did u count them? Do u have anyone close to u among these call calls?
Kidnapping is an embarrassingly "common" thing now in Nigeria so please drop Edo State out of it.
Are u aware that one of the eastern states is now under daily rampage by armed robbers?
Please lets be constructive jare
all these bad belle of frustration isnt helping matters.
BUHARI -too stiff
IBB- An evil genius
Abacha- Devil personified
OBJ- Heartless, randy old man
YAR'ADUA- Too Slow
JONATHAN- too confused
Who is ever good enough?
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by Sagamite(m): 10:50am On Jun 11, 2010
I must warn all to throw caution.

This was how it was alleged Tinubu was doing nothing because no one was seeing enough flashy structures.

Not knowing he was laying the foundation that Fashola is standing on now.

Oshiomole is an AC member. MAYBE, a big maybe, he is utilising the blueprint used in Lagos for Edo too.

To do something well, it must have good foundation. What is the point of building roads that will quickly dilapidate because of poor drainage?

What is the point of expanding public expenditure when you will end up with most being looted or ghost workers because processes and checks are inadequate?

That said, it is the onus of the government to communicate such to manage expectations.

These people need to hire me as consultant.  grin

Disregard typical Nigerian exaggerated, nonsensical, baseless statements like this:

190:

that man called O-STOLE-MONEY

edo people don tire 4 the man

hes even worse than lucky!!
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by ohisng(m): 11:35am On Jun 11, 2010
@Sagamite-Thank u jare. I feel the man is copying the blueprint used in Lagos but all most people want is rush rush projects that will not last. Was it not same state we had unLUCKY governor for 8years? Lets be patient and see
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by VALIDATOR: 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2010
Sagamite:

I must warn all to throw caution.

This was how it was alleged Tinubu was doing nothing because no one was seeing enough flashy structures.

Not knowing he was laying the foundation that Fashola is standing on now.

Oshiomole is an AC member. MAYBE, a big maybe, he is utilising the blueprint used in Lagos for Edo too.

To do something well, it must have good foundation. What is the point of building roads that will quickly dilapidate because of poor drainage?

What is the point of expanding public expenditure when you will end up with most being looted or ghost workers because processes and checks are inadequate?

That said, it is the onus of the government to communicate such to manage expectations.

These people need to hire me as consultant.  grin

Disregard typical Nigerian exaggerated, nonsensical, baseless statements like this:

Very Brilliant Post.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by Kobojunkie: 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2010
Tinubu didn't NEED to show people anything flashy. All he had to do was do his job as governor, taking advantahe of what was available to provide for the needs of the people, even as he made his plans for the next man.  8 Solid years and not a whole lot accomplished by Tinubu. Marwa, before him, handled many of the drainage problems that you now attribute to Tinubu. . . Marwa not only restructured but also helped put in place many of the basics, which Tinubu conveniently allowed to deteriorate during his 8 years on the seat.

One has to be extra gullible to believe it is alright for a governor to spend 8 years of the people's time and money preparing what? Plans that he will not, but those after him will need to implement. If we wanted a PLANNER, we would hire a planner. The people hired a governor, and have every right to have expected one.  Why don't we also excuse Yar adua for holding Katsina state hostage in much the same way for 8 years? We ought to also apply the same excuses to that situation if we are now willing to excuse INEPTITUDE in this way. Lagos was NOT any other state in Nigeria. The state already had most of the basics necessary for any governor. Even millitary governor's before Tinubu showed that to been the case. Tinubu, for 8 solid years refused to maintain all the infrastructure already on ground, infrastructure that we spent BILLIONS to construct. Most of that money went to waste in the 8 years TInubu held the state hostage and we are somehow to believe it was all for good?
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by Sagamite(m): 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Tinubu didn't NEED to show people anything flashy. All he had to do was do his job as governor, taking advantahe of what was available to provide for the needs of the people, even as he made his plans for the next man.  8 Solid years and not a whole lot accomplished by Tinubu. Marwa, before him, handled many of the drainage problems that you now attribute to Tinubu. . . Marwa not only restructured but also helped put in place many of the basics, which Tinubu conveniently allowed to deteriorate during his 8 years on the seat.

One has to be extra gullible to believe it is alright for a governor to spend 8 years of the people's time and money preparing what? Plans that he will not, but those after him will need to implement. If we wanted a PLANNER, we would hire a planner. The people hired a governor, and have every right to have expected one.  Why don't we also excuse Yar adua for holding Katsina state hostage in much the same way for 8 years? We ought to also apply the same excuses to that situation if we are now willing to excuse INEPTITUDE in this way. Lagos was NOT any other state in Nigeria. The state already had most of the basics necessary for any governor. Even millitary governor's before Tinubu showed that to been the case. Tinubu, for 8 solid years refused to maintain all the infrastructure already on ground, infrastructure that we spent BILLIONS to construct. Most of that money went to waste in the 8 years TInubu held the state hostage and we are somehow to believe it was all for good?

I can't believe you can really give praise to Marwa.

If I ask you questions now, we know you will not be able to respond and then start dodging. So I will not even bother starting.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2010
I am sorry dishonesty is not my style. Let credit be given Marwa for the work he did. He may have been part of the Millitary situation but the man did for Lagos what Tinubu DENIED Lagos for 8 years after. Marwa, in just two years, rebuilt most of the roads, and put in well-needed drainage systems, all of which Tinubu allowed to decay for 8 solid years.

Should I now LIE about all that, so we can give blind praise to Tinubu for doing NOTHING for 8 years?
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by chiozor: 3:08pm On Jun 11, 2010
I cannot support having a Governor making his plans at Govt House wasting tax payers money. For Christ sake, before you come out to campign those plans should have been on ground, to me that is competency. If it take you 2 years to plan, 2 years to execute same and start looking for years to continuity. Competency is get to office and start working immediately.
Just like Goodluck who being spending months now still smiling to the press and receiving Goodwill messages embarassed
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by kosovo(m): 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2010
anyone asking such a dumb question, must be living under the rocks, my visit to Benin to witness the ancestral curse made me forget all the things i hear about the governor not doing anything . . The Governor there is a massive success, i passed though kings square i was wowed all the time . . Honestly. . .
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by chiozor: 5:18pm On Jun 11, 2010
@kosovo
any pics please
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by chelseabmw(m): 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2010
Oshiomole is trying and he is doing his best
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by chelseabmw(m): 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2010
ring road is da bomb
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by Osama10(m): 1:53am On Jun 13, 2010
The guy has done well at least than his predecessor for the last 8 years, just take a look at the road dualization project alone.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by olafolarin(m): 8:53am On Jun 13, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am sorry dishonesty is not my style. Let credit be given Marwa for the work he did. He may have been part of the Millitary situation but the man did for Lagos what Tinubu DENIED Lagos for 8 years after. Marwa, in just two years, rebuilt most of the roads, and put in well-needed drainage systems, all of which Tinubu allowed to decay for 8 solid years.

Should I now LIE about all that, so we can give blind praise to Tinubu for doing NOTHING for 8 years?

You are totally gullible and completely dishonest.You fained ignorance in your words.I was a fresh graduate when TINUBU was elected as Lagos state governor.He did a very good job in transforming lagos:he took on captal intensive projects like Yaba-Ojuelegba-Lawanson-Mile 2 dualisation project.Ayobo-Ipaja road,Lekki Offshore,Bar Beach shoreline,Model Colleges around Lagos state etc.
OBJ at the center siezed federal allocations accruing to the state because Tinubu created and was financing new LCDAs.As such projects and the entire budget were being funded wholly from the IGR and borowed funds from banks.
Fashola himself said times without number that the projects he is recieving accolades for were projects concieved,awarded and some started before the expiration of Tinubu's tenure.Yar'Adua discontinued OBJ's tyranny by paying fashola what OBJ siezed in Federal allocations.That gave Fashola a big financial leverage to begin his government.
Tinubu is human and as such has his failures but he is a living legend in in Nigeria's politics and polity.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by Sagamite(m): 10:35am On Jun 13, 2010
olafolarin:

You are totally gullible and completely dishonest.You fained ignorance in your words.I was a fresh graduate when TINUBU was elected as Lagos state governor.He did a very good job in transforming lagos:he took on captal intensive projects like Yaba-Ojuelegba-Lawanson-Mile 2 dualisation project.Ayobo-Ipaja road,Lekki Offshore,Bar Beach shoreline,Model Colleges around Lagos state etc.
OBJ at the center siezed federal allocations accruing to the state because Tinubu created and was financing new LCDAs.As such projects and the entire budget were being funded wholly from the IGR and borowed funds from banks.
Fashola himself said times without number that the projects he is recieving accolades for were projects concieved,awarded and some started before the expiration of Tinubu's tenure.Yar'Adua discontinued OBJ's tyranny by paying fashola what OBJ siezed in Federal allocations.That gave Fashola a big financial leverage to begin his government.
Tinubu is human and as such has his failures but he is a living legend in in Nigeria's politics and polity.

Thank you for the insight.

chiozor:

I cannot support having a Governor making his plans at Govt House wasting tax payers money. For Christ sake, before you come out to campign those plans should have been on ground, to me that is competency. If it take you 2 years to plan, 2 years to execute same and start looking for years to continuity. Competency is get to office and start working immediately.
Just like Goodluck who being spending months now still smiling to the press and receiving Goodwill messages embarassed

My friend, let me tell you something. If you want to implement your plan in a rotten system then it will take far much longer.

For efficient plans in this modern age, you need good people, processes and technology.

Any Naija public workforce would be devoid of people with talent and the people would be immensely corrupt.

The processes are likely to be inefficient, good practices not instituted and respected by the people, and the process would be set up to be utilised to aid corruption.

Technology is non-existent. Enough said on this one.

What good is your plan when the minute you release funds, all the people it passes through are not thinking and discussing the task to be done, but are discussing what is each person's cut? What good is your plan when the processes in place will only provide substandard work? What use is your technology if you cannot power it or your people are not trained in using it?

You have to REVAMP the people and processes, and introduce technology. And with the level of rot in Naija that takes TIME, it is not an overnight thing.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by VALIDATOR: 9:03am On Jun 14, 2010
Sagamite:

Thank you for the insight.

My friend, let me tell you something. If you want to implement your plan in a rotten system then it will take far much longer.

For efficient plans in this modern age, you need good people, processes and technology.

Any Naija public workforce would be devoid of people with talent and the people would be immensely corrupt.

The processes are likely to be inefficient, good practices not instituted and respected by the people, and the process would be set up to be utilised to aid corruption.

Technology is non-existent. Enough said on this one.

What good is your plan when the minute you release funds, all the people it passes through are not thinking and discussing the task to be done, but are discussing what is each person's cut? What good is your plan when the processes in place will only provide substandard work? What use is your technology if you cannot power it or your people are not trained in using it?

You have to REVAMP the people and processes, and introduce technology. And with the level of rot in Naija that takes TIME, it is not an overnight thing.

@sagamite,
I really admire your insight on this topic.
Our people need to learn that anything good and enduring must be based on a system,not on a person.
Undoubtedly,Tinubu built a system. It is such a system that brought in a credible person like Fashola to be governor. If Tinubu followed what he met on ground then an efficient person like Fashola would never have become governor.
LASTMA,LAWMA,emphasis on internally generated revenue,etc were all systems that Tinubu built not just the names but the method and process of operation of all those things.Common sense tells us all that it takes a longer time to conceive,design and build the first car than to improve the efficiency of subsequent cars. Fashola is merely improving the efficiency of the system that was already well built and so far he has done very well.

If Oshiomole is building a system then it will take some time for you to see real tangible stuffs on ground.
We only need to see if he is building a system or he is just a talker.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by spoOne: 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2010
VALIDATOR:

@sagamite,
I really admire your insight on this topic.
Our people need to learn that anything good and enduring must be based on a system,not on a person.
Undoubtedly,Tinubu built a system. It is such a system that brought in a credible person like Fashola to be governor. If Tinubu followed what he met on ground then an efficient person like Fashola would never have become governor.
LASTMA,LAWMA,emphasis on internally generated revenue,etc were all systems that Tinubu built not just the names but the method and process of operation of all those things.Common sense tells us all that it takes a longer time to conceive,design and build the first car than to improve the efficiency of subsequent cars. Fashola is merely improving the efficiency of the system that was already well built and so far he has done very well.

If Oshiomole is building a system then it will take some time for you to see real tangible stuffs on ground.
We only need to see if he is building a system or he is just a talker.

Whart's that brpwn glub on your nose, stop being a d u m b A S S Ki sser? Have an oppinion of your own.

chelseabmw:

ring road is da bomb

That's relative, if you come from a villiage with no paved roads; you would find an archaic road construct, that’s the main cause of traffic gridlock in Benin, an engineering feat in 2010. So the loud mouth comes along and plant flowers around it, and you are having an o r g a sm. Ever heard of flyovers… that’s where the rest of the world are in the 21st century.
Re: What Has Oshiomole Done In Edo State? by spoOne: 12:56pm On Jun 14, 2010
ohisng:

@$poOne- . . . . Do u have anyone close to u among these call calls?

No, but I did see your m a m a . . . entering room 246 at the DC Sheraton with Oshiom ole. Now I know why you are an ardent supporter of this megamouth pigmy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Guy Featured On America's Most Wanted Show Tonight. / Obj: "i Am Better Off In Nigeria Than I Would Have Been In Oduduwa Republic / Rochas Okorocha's Private Number Gets Cloned By Araraume Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.