Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,835 members, 7,817,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director (1456 Views)

Hamas Are Not Terrorists But Freedom Fighters Says MURIC, Appeals For Cease Fire / Hijab Crisis: CAN Hasn’t Learnt From History, Says MURIC / Atiku Will Liberate Nigeria If Elected, Says Titi Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Omooba77: 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2018
Prof. Ishaq Akintola, Director, Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) on Wednesday said that it would be in the best interest of Nigeria for President Muhammadu Buhari to win in 2019.
In a statement issued in Lagos, the Muslim Cleric said that Buhari’s interest lies in the progress for Nigeria and the welfare of Nigerian citizens.
Akintola reaffirmed the group’s commitment to the Buhari led administration, saying that it has the political will to fight corruption and to punish offenders.
“Ex-governors and powerful politicians are being sent to jail for the first time in the history of this country. Huge amounts are also being recovered. It is a record performance,” he said.
According to the MURIC director, the organisation’s stand is not about any close relationship or acquaintance, but about the president’s integrity.
“We marvel at his prudence, his simplicity and his altruism. He is simply a living legend. These are the qualities which we cherish in Buhari.
“His political party does not matter to us. Some Nigerians are not being honest. All of us have been complaining for a long time that the problem with Nigeria is leadership. We accused our leaders of greed, avarice and selfishness.
“We have been complaining for long that corrupt leaders always got away with their loot. Nobody ever questioned anyone. But today we have a president to whom transparency, probity and accountability are uppermost.
“Our support for this administration is driven by patriotism and good governance but not based on religion.
“If the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who is a Christian clergy contests election tomorrow we will support him because he shares the same vision with the President.
“Wole Soyinka and Femi Falana are Christians. We will not hesitate to rally behind them tomorrow if they vie for leadership positions.
“We would have given all our energy to support Tai Solarin, Dr. Beko Ransom Kuti, Chima Ubani and Ken Saro Wiwa who were all Christians had they contested for the post of president in their life time.
“As religious leaders, we are speaking up to guide politicians because things may go wrong if we keep quiet, we will never give up on Nigeria. We will never surrender this country to kleptomaniacs and blood merchants no matter the amount of blackmail.
“This struggle is towards a better future for Nigerian youth, Nigerian children and generations yet unborn. Posterity will judge us,” he said.
The director cited Qur’an 8:25 which condemns docility, encourages Muslims to be proactive and warns that those who fail to speak up when necessary may eventually become victims of the evil even if they are innocent.
He also urged Muslims not to shy away from politics, saying that politics determines whether the roads will be good or not.
“Politics determines whether or not we will have stable power supply, a reliable public transport system and good public health delivery package,” he said.
He lamented that some politicians are earning N29 million monthly while poor workers are not even getting N18,000 minimum wage as and when due.
“The International Monetary Fund revealed in 1999 that one per cent of our population enjoys 85 per cent of the wealth, leaving the remaining 99 per cent of the population to struggle before having access to the remaining 15 per cent of Nigeria’s wealth.
“That is why facilities cannot go round. That is why we have falling school walls. That is why public hospitals are glorified mortuaries.
“The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria said last week that only 350 Nigerians are responsible for more than 80 per cent of the N5.4 trillion debt portfolio of the company,” he further said.
Akintola however advised Muslims to wake up to the challenge of politics, to speak up and be proactive.
“ We charge Muslims to play the role that Allah has instructed them to play and to desist from abdicating their social responsibilities.
“We urge the civil society to stand up to be counted in the struggle to free Nigeria from the clutches of the tiny cabal,” he added. (NAN)

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/07/its-in-nigerias-best-interest-for-buhari-to-be-re-elected-says-muric-director/
Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by id911(m): 12:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
I don't understand why this Ishaq Akintola guy can't be quiet for once. Even the Chief Press Secretary of this government doesn't release as much statements as this guy in respect of the government as he does lately.

We Nigerians should learn to separate religion from politics because this the major priority reason why this country is not moving forward.

If I ever have the chance of being in government, I will proscribe every religious association or group in this country. I don't really care what happens to me afterwards. Nonsense
Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by hisgrace090: 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
So
Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Paperwhite(m): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2018
Well birds(terrorist) of the same plummage flocks together.Yet to condemn the senseless killings going on ,the killers or even console bereaves families but here is the kafir again endorsing the same devil for another gwonpy ride. cry cry cry Nature & God will surely punish this idiot. angry
cc;Cyynthiakiss, SalamRushdie,

4 Likes

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by pauljumbo: 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
Thunder...

Somebody complete it for me
Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by SalamRushdie: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2018
Its only in the best interest of Jihadist , terrorist , sadist and bigots... All of you can hop on a time machine and return back to the 18th century to continue your barbaric war with small middle belt tribes and leave the lives , economy, peace and destiny of 21st century Nigerians alone

2 Likes

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2018

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by ipobarethieves: 1:01pm On Jul 04, 2018
sad sad Nigeria is in
(A) TROUBLE (B) ONE CORNER (C) ONE CHANCE (D) CHAIN (E) ALL THE ABOVE
Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by bedspread: 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2018
MURIC IS MADLY DEMONIC!!!

2 Likes

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Ziggylady(f): 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
I have my PVC but will not vote for Buhari..period.

3 Likes

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by ipobarethieves: 1:04pm On Jul 04, 2018
angry angry lipsrsealed embarassed sad Arrest isaq oloyede the terrorist kingpin now

3 Likes

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by CyynthiaKiss(f): 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2018
Paperwhite:
Well birds(terrorist) of the same plummage flocks together.Yet to comdemn the senseless killings going on on the killers or even console bereaves families but here is the kafir again endorsing the same devil for another gwonpy ride. cry cry cry Nature & God will surely punish this idiot. angry
cc;Cyynthiakiss, SalamRushdie,
Terrorist organization must support one of their own.

Modified:
That 6th person that commented on this thread is not a Christian as he claims, he's a terrorist, he belongs to the class of these pictures I attached below.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Omeokachie: 1:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
MURIC is the religious arm of the APC.

The same role they played in 2015 is what they are trying to repeat today.
It should now be clear to all that they are nothing but a political group of the APC and a supporter of the murderous herdsmen than a religious group.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Sarkin: 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2018
bedspread:
MURIC IS MADLY DEMONIC!!!
so is hypocritical useless can
Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Sarkin: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
Omeokachie:
MURIC is the religious arm of the APC.

The same role they played in 2015 is what they are trying to repeat today.
It should now be clear to all that they are nothing but a political group of the APC and a supporter of the murderous herdsmen than a religious group.
and IPOB is the jobless aggressive idiotic terrorist organization of looters PDP
Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Sarkin: 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
ipobarethieves:
angry angry lipsrsealed embarassed sad Arrest isaq oloyede the terrorist kingpin now
why
Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Sarkin: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2018
Ziggylady:

I have my PVC but will not vote for Buhari..period.
but your boyfriend will.
Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Omeokachie: 1:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
Sarkin:
and IPOB is the jobless aggressive idiotic terrorist organization of looters PDP

Aboki, you could have made your comment without jumping on my mention.

You usually do this when you are hungry. Oya come and take some free food and get off my mention.

1 Like

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by ipobarethieves: 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2018
angry angry embarassed angry sad
Sarkin:
why
undecided
Sarkin:
why
He's a killer herdsmen spokesman, a distinguished terrorist chief , a bastard, worthless, useless thing.Dey shud hang him and his fellow black heads spot jihadist

2 Likes

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Viking007(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
GoTV:
Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we Christians and our leaders needs to learn alot from the muslims and MURIC in particular. Instead of heating up the polity with hate speeches like we Christians and our irresponsible preachers do, MURIC will rather fight for the interest of Muslims and speak truth to power. I do not regret been a Christian, but I'm only ashamed of the fact that we Christians keeps crying wolf when there is none instead of supporting the government like Muslims and their clerics do.
While I respect your opinion, I don't think I can follow someone with such a mindset. Feel free to unfollow me sire.

1 Like

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 04, 2018
Viking007:
While I respect your opinion, I don't think I can follow someone with such a mindset. Feel free to unfollow me sire.
Done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Omooba77: 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2018
Nigeria is heavily religiouslized!
Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by awakeupcall4all(m): 2:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
Listen to this raving lunatic at your own peril.....He is even calling on his fellow muslim brethren who are watching his lunacy from afar to speak up....Lol.....What a demented soul..

Well a vote for terroristic Buhari and you are signing your death warrant!!...You land or your life.....You head-slam or you die!!

Death to Buhari!!....Death to Mamman Daura!!....Death to Babagana Kingibe...Death to Abba Kyari!!...Death to Mansur Dan Ali...Death to Abdulrahman Dambazzau....Death to the randy IGP Ibrahim Idris.....Death to Ahmed Rufai......Death to Tukur Buratai....Death to Lawal Daura!!

This is nothing but a Ja.janweed government of terrorist!!...They will all soon meet their waterloo!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by awakeupcall4all(m): 2:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
Just like your are taught by your bestial rapist prophet....You have perfected the act of Taqiya(lying to confuse the so called kafir)..You keep spewing this same gibberish all over every thread thinking you are smart....I can see that black stamped mark of the beast on your forehead even right through my phone!!...Allah hu Akbar....Boooooooomm!!

Silly blood thirsty ja.janweed..
GoTV:
Even though I'm a born again Christian, i think we Christians and our leaders needs to learn alot from the muslims and MURIC in particular. Instead of heating up the polity with hate speeches like we Christians and our irresponsible preachers do, MURIC will rather fight for the interest of Muslims and speak truth to power. I do not regret been a Christian, but I'm only ashamed of the fact that we Christians keeps crying wolf when there is none instead of supporting the government like Muslims and their clerics do.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
Viking007:
Thumbs up man.

2 Likes

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:36pm On Jul 04, 2018
SAY NO TO RELIGION WAR.
This thread is damn too HOT , we are afraid to come in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Omooba77: 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
post=69078852:
SAY NO TO RELIGION WAR.
This thread is damn too HOT , we are afraid to come in

I have been to UAE and I wonder why will make lives difficult for ourselves in the name of religion. God will help us.

1 Like

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by zombieTRACKER: 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
It's in all terrorists interest that Buhari be returned to office

1 Like

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Omooba77: 4:33pm On Jul 04, 2018
I hope we will not burn down Nigeria with our careless talks.
Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Samunique(m): 4:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
“If the Vice President Yemi Osinbajo who is a Christian clergy contests election tomorrow we will support him because he shares the same vision with the President.

Imagine this statements by this MUMURIC man

U can only become their friend if u make yourself a willing tool and behaved subjugated. And this is what the current VP is doing.

1 Like

Re: It’s In Nigeria’s Best Interest For Buhari To Be Re-elected, Says MURIC Director by Samunique(m): 4:52pm On Jul 04, 2018
GoTV:
Pls how much were u paid to roam nairaland as an impostor to vomit all this trash

U are just a shameless fellow !!!

Spit on your hypocrisy!!!! undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why It Is Almost Impossible To impeach Saraki As Senate President / National Assembly To Impeach Vice President Yemi Osibanjo / Godfatherism: We’re Waiting For You In Lagos, APC Chairman Tells El-Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.