Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP (74291 Views)

Young Air Force Officer Killed By Policeman At ATM In Calabar. Photos / Pregnant Nigerian Immigrant Collapses In Italy While Being Beaten By Policeman / Burial Of Angela Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot By Policeman (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by iamjustified(m): 12:25pm On Jul 05, 2018
I just finish school for FUNAAB and NYSC portal go open on the 10th this month, shey make i no kuku register?? Me i never wand die o!![sup][/sup]
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by doskie(m): 12:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
greggng:

Honestly speaking I agree with you but we are living in dangerous time. She could be seen as a suicide bomber....The moral lesson is that we 've to be law abiding cos is just a narrow line that separate life from death. I only hope she gets justice
she wasnt driving the car
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by greggng: 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
doskie:
she wasnt driving the car

Oh my God ...this is serious
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by MarvelousMe: 12:53pm On Jul 05, 2018
brownhawk:
my sincerest answer is yes. Because I believe in knowledge and detest law breakers. Oh besides my family members are too genuinely educated than to be law breakers in the society

Lol, Mr. all-knowing and all-righteous

Just mark today's date, sir. That's all I can say to you

Mark today's date
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by brownhawk: 1:23pm On Jul 05, 2018
MarvelousMe:

Lol, Mr. all-knowing and all-righteous

Just mark today's date, sir. That's all I can say to you

Mark today's date
pathetic grin
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by doskie(m): 1:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
iamjustified:
I just finish school for FUNAAB and NYSC portal go open on the 10th this month, shey make i no kuku register?? Me i never wand die o!![sup][/sup]
so before new corpers will come it will be like when ?
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by moorevic(m): 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
You are right
ObaOloye:

Your contribution is logical. The problem is this, the officer may actually have attempted to do so but may have been impaired by a combination of one or more of the following.

-Poor target ability due to ineffective firearm training.
-Vision impairment as it was dark already at midnight.
-Anxiety due to the recent killings of policemen in the city.

The logical thing to have done was to give chase, but then we have to ask ourselves a few questions.

-How many officers were deployed to man the checkpoint..
-How equipped were they in terms of communication gadgets and standby vehicle (with fuel in it)
-How well trained is the police officer as well as his psychological state.. An apprehensive officer is a problem, an apprehensive officer with a loaded gun is a bigger problem.

My summation is this, you see all this debate about what's right nd wrong, what was done and what should have has no effect on the state of the deceased right now. No matter how you put it, no matter who was right and who was wrong. No matter what the law provides, this was completely avoidable. Nigerians, especially young people need to be socially and politically conscious.

A lot changes when you are alert to the happenings of the moment. The girl may not have been a criminal, she may not even have had an alterior motive. Rip to her. I pray no other person has to go the same way. The law on treating gunshot victims only after seeing a police report needs to be revisited. There should be legal means of detaining the individual after treatment until the police report is filed.

1 Like

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by MarvelousMe: 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
brownhawk:
pathetic grin

Exactly! That's what everyone will say when it happens

Today's date...
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by brownhawk: 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
MarvelousMe:

Exactly! That's what everyone will say when it happens

Today's date...
ohh I've clearly bruised ur tender heart cheesy. U keep repeating ur same card
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by MarvelousMe: 1:41pm On Jul 05, 2018
brownhawk:
ohh I've clearly bruised ur tender heart cheesy. U keep repeating ur same card

Hail Hitler!

By the time you realize what you've bruised with your flippant tongue na sorry go be ur name, and it's nothing of mine...
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by brownhawk: 1:59pm On Jul 05, 2018
MarvelousMe:

Hail Hitler!

By the time you realize what you've bruised with your flippant tongue na sorry go be ur name, and it's nothing of mine...
:Dhail piss drinkers. By the time u realize how much of a zombie u have being smh will be ur signatory. Oh well it's nothing of mine grin

#igboamaka angry cheesy
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by coleB(m): 2:16pm On Jul 05, 2018
HOW DO SOME PEOPLE REASON?? i wonder if their brain is turned upside down,, without been told, HOW CAN SHE BE THE ONE DRIVING AND THE VEHICLE DIDNT LOSE CONTROL IMMEDIATELY SHE GOT SHOT.
she was just a victim of a stupid driver who made that rash decision without thinking abt d consequences.

the driver endangered the whole occupants of that vehicle. what if it was d driver that got hit? ,other occupants might have ended up in an accident.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by smalls001: 4:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
davodyguy:
This is preventable.
Before we blame let's critically examine this story.

1. They were out at Midnight, possibly returning from party or club, to celebrate in anticipation of POP.
2. If they stayed in doors and faced the service they were sent to do, may be it may not have happened
3. The policemen, officers empowered by Law stopped you, but you refused to obey the officers of the law. Are you guys criminals? Why didn't you stop?
4. Would this have happened in America? Yes it could have happened. Even unarmed blacks are shot by policeman, talk less of people who were stopped and refused to accede.
5. Was the officer that shit overzealous? Yes he was. But judging by the volatility of northern Nigeria today, they could have been mistook as criminals running from officers.

My conclusion.

If they stayed indoors and faced what they're sent to do, this could have been avoided
If they had stopped, this could also have been avoided.

The officer may go Scot free, on the basis of security situation in the country.

We need to be careful ourselves

Hey you if you don't understand anything don't come here and display your ignorance in public. Go and read Force Order 237 that governs the use of Firearms by the Police and stop commenting rubbish. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by smalls001: 4:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
brownhawk:
She failed to stop at check point and got the next appropriate response. Or what does check point mean and which categories of people is it meant to neutralize.

Flatirons and their waywardness grin

Go and read Force Order 237 before commenting rubbish. Remember that even some that have stopped in the past suffered same fate.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by maasoap(m): 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2018
jidxin:
don't misquote the law. It's only applicable to shoot a convict trying to escape and someone who is suspected to have committed a felony

Well, I can't see where it is explicitly stated as you put it. A top senior police officer what i posted when similar incident occurred few years ago.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by MarvelousMe: 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2018
brownhawk:
:Dhail piss drinkers. By the time u realize how much of a zombie u have being smh will be ur signatory. Oh well it's nothing of mine grin

#igboamaka angry cheesy

Mtcheww... when you know the difference between been and being and their proper usage, you can quote back.

Bigot, I'm not igbo.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by jidxin(m): 7:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
maasoap:

Well, I can't see where it is explicitly stated as you put it. A top senior police officer what i posted when similar incident occurred few years ago.
go and check police Act my bro
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by mechanics(m): 8:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
She should have stopped.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by Faru: 8:26am On Jul 06, 2018
The real culprit in all of this is the idiotic driver who refused to stop. Justice would be served when that guy is made to rot in jail I guess that would serve as enough deterrent. I once had a very heated argument with a policeman cos I knew I was on my right and the argument was protracted, eventually my mum who was riding with me intervened; she spoke very calmly and politely to the policeman not minding the time wasted. I was asked to proceed on my trip. She asked me a very simple question..."if you were the one standing in the hot sun all day and someone comes and speaks to u in the manner you just did, how would u feel? Remember the police is carrying a gun". I learnt a very important lesson that day and has helped me in dealing with police subsequently. I am not in support of police extorting money from commuters under any guise, however, despite the public perception, the policeman is a human being and deserves some respect. May the soul of our beloved sister rest in the bosom of our Lord Almighty; I pray God grant the family the much needed fortitude to pull through this dark moment.
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by MIKOLOWISKA: 1:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
anibi9674:
The primary purpose of the police is to save life's and property but in Nigeria it seems the reverse is the case. God hide us in your pavilion, blind the eyes of the wucjed towards us.
learner
the primary role of police is to enforce state policy made by the politician
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by iamjustified(m): 2:18am On Jul 17, 2018
doskie:
No idea
Re: Linda Nkechi Igwetu, Corper Shot Dead By Policeman In Abuja A Day To Her POP by iamjustified(m): 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
doskie:

BROS NO ALLOW BLIND MAN LEAD ANODA BLIND MAN ABEG.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Attack Bank In Ekiti, Policeman, Girl Shot Dead (Graphic Photos) / Josephine Cynthia Inalegwu, Bride-to-be Missing Few Days To Her Wedding Day / 34 Female Strippers From Wealthy Homes Arrested In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.