Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari (27548 Views)

Top List Of Former Governors Who Left High Domestic Debts For Successors (Photo) / General Attahiru’s Possible Successors Emerge / Likely Successors Of Abba Kyari As Buhari's Chief Of Staff - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by Islie: 8:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
Posted By: Augustine Ehikioya,

President Muhammadu Buhari said on Wednesday the world would see if his successors would return the loots and assets recovered by his administration from those who looted the nation’s treasury.

He recalled that stolen assets seized from looters during his military regime were returned to them when he was ousted in 1983.

Buhari said the present administration has been selling off assets recovered from looters and putting the money in the government coffers to forestall the incidents of the past.

The President was responding to a question on Nigeria’s anti-graft battle during a joint press briefing at the end of Namibian President Hage Geingob’s visit to the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said: “We are pursuing people who have declared assets. But we find out that they have much more than they have declared.

We follow them through their bank accounts to the companies they formed to the contracts they got.

“Sometimes they swear to Almighty God that their structures that cannot develop feet and run away does not belong to them. Then they are confronted with their bank accounts.

“Again, using my experiences when I was arrested and detained, people were given back what they have appropriated. This time around, I said we are going to sell them and put the money into the treasury and I will see whoever comes after that will have the courage to take money from the treasury and give to anybody.

“So, we are winning. But it’s very difficult under this multi-party democracy system.

And we are getting the cooperation of countries. We are trying to sell the assets wherever we find them and bring the money into the Nigerian treasury.”

Buhari also said his administration would soon reorganize the nation’s judiciary to ensure effective fight against corruption in the country.

His administration, he said, plans to dedicate some judges to deal with corruption cases where all those found wanting in their dealings will be prosecuted.

The President added: “We are going to dedicate some judges to deal with corruption cases and try to put forward and prosecute all those that investigations proved that they have questions to answer.

“So that is what I’m telling you that we haven’t given up. We are doing our best and we will recover as much as humanly possible.”

On his part, President Geingob thanked Nigerian government for his support and assistance to Namibia via the deployment of Nigerian volunteers under the Technical Aid Corps.

The Namibian leader said he came to Nigeria to pay his last respect to late Prof. Adebayo Adedeji, whom he described as his mentor.

http://thenationonlineng.net/my-successors-dare-not-return-stolen-assets-to-looters-buhari/

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2018
grin
Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by Sprumbabafather: 8:18pm On Jul 04, 2018
That is, if anything remains to be returned.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
God bless my President......

46 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2018
He said: “We are pursuing people who have declared assets. But we find out that they have much more than they have declared.
We follow them through their bank accounts to the companies they formed to the contracts they got.
“Sometimes they swear to Almighty God that their structures that cannot develop feet and run away does not belong to them. Then they are confronted with their bank accounts.

Sai Baba

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by resurgent2019: 8:22pm On Jul 04, 2018
This is Buhari’s last tenure.

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by Mylove55(f): 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
OK
Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by GavelSlam: 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2018
Well said Mr.President.

10 Likes

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by amaniro: 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
grin

this is what we Igbos call

AKUKUWA
.. grin

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by SalamRushdie: 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2018
Thank God you know this is your last tenure and yes yiur successor won't handover loot back to looters but will surely Handover all this who have commuted crimes against humanity in the last 3 years to the International Court of Justice at the Hague!!!!

135 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by id911(m): 8:29pm On Jul 04, 2018
post=69086290:

Sai Baba

Is Gen Savings Dubai Burutai among those as per the quote above?

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by ShobayoEmma(m): 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2018
As if he has something to leave behind than sorrow, tears and blood he's known for. Whatever you sow you reap grandpa. Buhari, a good man with bad intentions.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by anibi9674: 8:32pm On Jul 04, 2018
big big talk.
Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by londoner: 8:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
At least he knows he is on his way out.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by MadeInTokyo: 9:07pm On Jul 04, 2018
grin grin grin

Buhari has seen the handwriting, he knows he will be retired to his village Daura in 2019

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by Evablizin(f): 9:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
Thank God you know that you're going home. Abeg do and carry your trailers of wahala and be going.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jul 04, 2018
Thsnk you Baba. My only ask is for you to deal with all criminals, herdsmen, looters (both PDP snd APC), Boko Haram, kidnappers, etc without favouritism. As of now, you have not impressed me because, I see no reason why the following are not in jail or made to account for their wealth:
1. Bola Tinubu
2. Orji Uzor Kanu
3. Rotimi Amaechi
4. Adams Oshomole
5. Murtala Nyako
6. Maina
7. Current NNPC MD
8. Bukola Saraki
9. Olusegun Obasanjo
10. Ibrahim Babangida
11. Timipre Sylva
Plus many other looters across the length breath of Nigeria.

I see no reason why you find it difficult to declare Fulani Herdsmen a terrorists group when the rest of the world have.

I see no reason why corruption is only perceived to mean stealing public funds while nepotism, tribalism, fraudulent elections, sectional appointments against the dictates of federal character as enshrined in our constitution, flagrant violation of court processes and orders and related manipulations are not.

The day you begin to do this, I surely will salute your effort and courage. For now, you are only politicking with this anti corruption fight. You have not started the battle talk less of fighting the war.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by DIYhackers: 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
Buhari is working
Check my signature

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by Biglittlelois(f): 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
The only thing that registered in this man's brain for more than 3 years is "looters, corruption", no wonder all other aspect of governance failed, at the end of the day no major corrupt leaders was brought to justice, the money recovered was not seen, has no effect whatsoever

How will you concentrate on thieves that stole from you, and neglect your family members to starve to death

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by fotadmowmend(m): 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
Nonsense

4 Likes

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by IamAirforce1: 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2018
Lets wait and see

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by globalresource: 9:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
undecided
Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by akeentech(m): 9:38pm On Jul 04, 2018
londoner:
At least he knows he is on his way out.
He's a prophet he knows his fate

2 Likes

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by jazinogold(m): 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
lol
Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
At least the cow father done agree say he get successor come 2019. Tall for nothing man with long priicck

3 Likes

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by SageTravels: 9:39pm On Jul 04, 2018
Glad he is talking about his successor now. I believe he is away that he is going home soon.

2 Likes

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by Kezifils(m): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
I opened this thread thinking I would read something like Buhari has decided not to run and his successor shouldn’t return recovered looted fun.

Leaves thread disappointed... embarassed
Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by Postboiswag(m): 9:40pm On Jul 04, 2018
Sai BABA till 2023
Quote me bad and get malaria

2 Likes

Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by israelmao(m): 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2018
Buharight(seeming attitude of being right by Buhari all the time) and Utopianism.
Re: My Successors Dare Not Return Stolen Assets To Looters – Buhari by chrischukszy01(m): 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2018
Small small President Buhari don dey confirm his returning back to duara...if APC survive July make I no wetin cause am!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016 / Lagos DPO's Missing Pistol: Police Release Lady, Removes DPO Over PUNCH's Report / Reno Omkri: The Same People Who Backed Mmesoma Ejikeme Backed Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.