Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,775 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:06 PM

Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery (11872 Views)

Court Orders Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson CEO / Why I Withdrew My Suit Against EFCC — Innoson CEO Innocent Chukwuma / Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Lagos – Justice Olusola Williams of a Lagos Special Offences Court, Ikeja, on Wednesday asked the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to produce Innocent Chukwuma, the chairman of Innosson Vehicles Manufacturing (IVM) Company, for prosecution.

Williams made this pronouncement due to the absence of Chukwuma, who was to be arraigned for the forgery charge preferred against him by the EFCC.

The judge said: “I believe it is the job of the prosecution to bring the defendant to court because they are the executives.

“The judge is just to make an order that he should appear in court, but we cannot enforce the order; the responsibility still lies on the EFCC to make sure he is in court.”

Innoson’s non-appearance in court on Wednesday made it the sixth time he was absent in court after he had refused to appear before Justice Mojisola Dada of a Special Offence Court, Ikeja.

He had also been declared wanted by the court by Justice Dada on EFCC’s request.

Justice Dada was however withdrawn from the case on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council (NJC) responding to the February 12 petition of the automobile boss.

The matter was re-assigned to Justice Williams.

At the resumed hearing on Wednesday, Chukwuma was also absent in court when the matter was called.

Anselm Ozioko, counsel to the prosecution, informed the court that the defendant and his counsel were absent in court.

“My lord, it appears that the second defendant and my learned colleagues from the other side are not in court.

“He has refused to come for his arraignment for the sixth time, even when the matter was before your learned brother, Justice Dada, despite all efforts to bring him here.

“He has also filed seven different applications in-between the period he was supposed to be arraigned,” he said.

Ozioko said the application he submitted before the court earlier included: an application challenging the jurisdiction of court and an application to disqualify himself from the charge before the court.

Other applications include an order of stay of execution on bench warrant issued by the court and a stay of execution of warrant of arrest among others.

The prosecution also informed the court that the Innoson boss had refused to honour the court order by his continuous absence in court after he was granted an administrative bail by the EFCC. “My lord, in view of the absence of the defendant, we shall be asking for an adjournment date.”

Justice Williams, however, told the EFCC counsel to do all he could do to bring the defendant to court.

She further said that one of the court’s registrars informed her that someone came to file a motion on behalf of the defendant and the registrar made an attempt to serve him the hearing notice but the person refused to collect it.

“It is the prosecution’s duty to make sure the defendant is in court to answer his case. I can’t be issuing an order to a defendant that seems not to be existing.

“I will give you a date and anytime you are able to arrest the defendant, just inform the court registrars and bring him to court for arraignment.”

The judge thereafter adjourned the matter till October 10, 2018.

Chukwuma and his company, IVM, were to be arraigned on a four-count charge of conspiracy to obtain property by false pretence, obtaining property by false pretence, stealing and forgery in a transaction with Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB).

According to the charge sheet, the defendants committed the offences between 2009 and July 2011 in Lagos.

The EFCC alleged that the defendants, with intent to defraud, conspired to obtain by false pretence containers of motorcycle spare parts and raw materials, property of GTB, from Mitsui OSK Lines Ltd, Apapa, Lagos.

They are alleged to have fraudulently induced staff of Mitsui OSK and Maersk Line to deliver to them via their clearing agents the goods which were imported from China in the name of GTB by falsely pretending that they were authorised by the bank to clear the goods.

The prosecution claimed that the defendants, in order to facilitate the fraud, forged a bill of lading numbered 598286020 of Maersk Line Limited and 11007950841 of Mutsui O.S.K Lines by knowingly putting a false GTB stamp and signature of the bank staff.

The alleged forgery was in order that the forged documents be used or acted upon as genuine to the prejudice of any person within Lagos or elsewhere.

The alleged offences contravened Sections 1(1)(b), 1(3), and 8(a) of the Advanced Fee Fraud and Other Related Offences Act 2016 and Sections 309(9), 388, 465 and 467(1)(j) of the Criminal Code, Laws of Lagos State 2003.

https://independent.ng/alleged-forgery-court-tells-efcc-to-produce-innoson-boss/amp/

[

1 Like

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by madridguy(m): 9:58am On Jul 05, 2018
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by vickylincon(m): 9:59am On Jul 05, 2018
Hmmm. I hope efcc can pursue this case to a reasonable end. But I doubt it, seeing how Nigerians are easily divided along tribe and religion. Sometimes, I ask myself; Is it that we just condon crime and take our eyes off it just because of sentiment or we just felt it's the right thing to do? Am sure someone will refer me to tinubu and the rest of politicians that are presumed thief. But if you say something is not right, does that mean if someone else is doing it, it is right? We really need help in this country. I honestly pray we can finally call a spade a spade in this country and elect a qualified leader irrespective of tribe and religion

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 05, 2018
This Afonja judge doesn't want to allow this Innoson to rest in peace out of hate. That bribe they gave to him to do this dirty job will destroy his career. He tried to arrest Innoson using EFCC 48hrs to the Supreme court judgement in favor of Innoson on order of GTB bank to armstrong and coerce him to accept lower settlement but Innoson's lawyer sensing their plan, asked his client not to show up since the case is already in a superior court and pending judgement in hrs. Few days later, the supreme court ruled in favor of Innosson where GTB was ordered to pay Innosson 12 billion naira. Now they have come again. Innoson lawyer should sue these people without mercy until they are out of business. FOR THE SUPREME COURT TO RULE IN FAVOR OF INNOSON MEANS THEY SAW EVIDENCE OF THE FRAUDULENT ACT COMMITTED BY GTB!

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
Buhari also forged his certificate

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by inoki247: 12:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
ehn make e go answer him name now abi until dem cum use DSS bungle am for him house.....

4 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Is04970: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
That's good.
The forgery act by innoson can easily bring down GTB and ruin millions of lives of workers, shareholders and depositors.
The only line of defense of the shameless man is "is it because I am Igbo".

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Metuh: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
That's rubbish.

Was he gonna run away from the country before,

3 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Exwizard: 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
Where are his brothers here

5 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by mosegifted: 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2018
This country funny I swear
Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by DONSMITH123(m): 12:59pm On Jul 05, 2018
sentiments apart. Innosson need to respect the rule of law and obey. You keep running away from court daily. Its not the best. Prove your innocent.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
angry sad

2 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by shegun1406(m): 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
They shouldn't bring this man down. He is contributing greatly
to our economy.

2 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 05, 2018
shocked

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Is04970: 1:05pm On Jul 05, 2018
shegun1406:
to our economy.
Why does he want to bring GTB down?

17 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by fabianiyobosa(m): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2018
biafranation:
This Afonja judge doesn't want to allow this Innoson to rest in peace out of hate. That bribe they gave to him to do this dirty job will destroy his career. He tried to arrest Innoson using EFCC 48hrs to the Supreme court judgement in favor of Innoson on order of GTB bank to armstrong and coerce him to accept lower settlement but Innoson's lawyer sensing their plan, asked his client not to show up since the case is already in a superior court and pending judgement in hrs. Few days later, the supreme court ruled in favor of Innosson where GTB was ordered to pay Innosson 12 billion naira. Now they have come again. Innoson lawyer should sue these people without mercy until they are out of business. FOR THE SUPREME COURT TO RULE IN FAVOR OF INNOSON MEANS THEY SAW EVIDENCE OF THE FRAUDULENT ACT COMMITTED BY GTB!

GTB debunked the ruling

The attention of GTBank has been drawn to false, mischievous and malicious statements circulating in the news and social media in respect of a purported directive by the Supreme Court of Nigeria to the Bank to make payments to one of its debtor Customers.

The Bank's Customers and the General Public are hereby kindly urged to disregard these false statements as nothing could be further from the truth.There was no directive or Order issued by the Supreme Court of Nigeria to the Bank to make any payment to any of its debtor Customers

The Bank as a highly responsible corporate citizen will in accordance with its culture and tradition refrain from making comments about on-going litigation matters and will continue to focus on using legal means to recover its bad debts.

It must be emphasised that the Bank remains undeterred in its recovery drive against recalcitrant debtors.

We again reiterate that there is no iota of truth in the falsehood being peddled by desperate and mischievous elements and the General Public should disregard same in its entirety.

The Bank remains committed to providing best-in-class customer experience to all its valued Customers. We thank you for your continued support and patronage.
For the bank,
Erhi Obebeduo
Company Secretary.

12 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2018
biafranation:

Why is he avoiding court if his hand are clean?

19 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Octaves(m): 1:12pm On Jul 05, 2018
vickylincon:
Hmmm. I hope efcc can pursue this case to a reasonable end. But I doubt it, seeing how Nigerians are easily divided along tribe and religion. Sometimes, I ask myself; Is it that we just condon crime and take our eyes off it just because of sentiment or we just felt it's the right thing to do? Am sure someone will refer me to tinubu and the rest of politicians that are presumed thief. But if you say something is not right, does that mean if someone else is doing it, it is right? We really need help in this country. I honestly pray we can finally call a spade a spade in this country and elect a qualified leader irrespective of tribe and religion
you don't think this attack against Innoson is politically motivated?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by tsmat(m): 1:20pm On Jul 05, 2018
biafranation:

where did you get this trash??

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by lilslim(m): 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2018
Octaves:
you don't think this attack against Innoson is politically motivated?
Educate me please, how is it politically motivated? Some of us here wan learn.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by laprince(m): 1:30pm On Jul 05, 2018
This their court matter don dey too much.

I would prefer he just fulfill his own part and go to court.
Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by EmmyDJourno: 1:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
People can just be lawless anyhow in this country, if you are guilty get an out of court settlement, or you go clear your name in court

This man has more to lose than he can actually imagine

6 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Wallade(m): 1:34pm On Jul 05, 2018
biafranation:

Can you educate us on Supreme Court ruling in respect of this matter especially the judgement you referred.

Besides, stop glorifying crime - if Innosson boss and IVM strongly believe they aren't guilty, why is he deliberately avoiding court proceedings. The previous judge was changed by NJC yet he still wouldn't show up in court. That is outrageous and unbecoming of the chief executive officer of an indigenous company. He must remember that he can be convicted in absentia but I guess the court really wants to address his disregard for the court.

7 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Ijaya123: 1:35pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Wallade(m): 1:37pm On Jul 05, 2018
shegun1406:
to our economy.

By disobeying the court or by committing crimes. Please tell him to defend himself in court if he is truly not guilty. Nonsense.

5 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 05, 2018
When buhari forged certificate, I never heard him coming to court and other Buhari advocates... Now they want to destroy this man's zeal in doing something for the best of the country(employing over 1000 youths), the legal proceedings can be redressed but I sense foul play in this... Appearing in court can be detrimental to the companies image, it may be his thought, it could lower productivity, because when your penalized in court, there's no more trust to your business... If it's a closed door court case that can be handled ,out of the public eye is preferable(so as not to taint the national and international image of the company) , and perhaps they don't want to give that to him... They want to make him the escape goat, of "Buharis fighting corruption agenda"...but if it's Nnamdi kanu, or El-zakazaky there's always a way to do closed door meeting cases... Pitiful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
Imagine how Inosson has rubbished his image

Tribal warlords will converge here now

3 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Octaves(m): 1:46pm On Jul 05, 2018
lilslim:

Educate me please, how is it politically motivated? Some of us here wan learn.
you read the story, since when did GTB bank become an importer of motorcycle spare parts. it then took them 7-9 years to realise that their expected container of motorcycle spare parts had been stolen by somebody they are doing business with on a daily basis and to press charges. precisely after the both parties had a legal dispute over another issue. this has blackmail written all over it.

PS: from what I've gathered, the goods in question was a bank collateral which was not stated in the post above. the both parties should settle out of court since they both have lawsuits against each other.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
Octaves:
you read the story, since when did GTB bank become an importer of motorcycle spare parts. it then took them 7-9 years to realise that their expected container of motorcycle spare parts had been stolen by somebody they are doing business with on a daily basis and to press charges. precisely after the both parties had a legal dispute over another issue. this has blackmail written all over it. innoson being from the disfavoured tribe, its only God that can save him from the corrupt and tribalistic system.
Victim mentality problem
here

OK FG own GTB I forgot

If Gtb was owned by an Aboki, am sure that by now dumb pastors would have since joined you in singing another warped version of an Islamization plot

7 Likes

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Rickyuzzy(f): 1:52pm On Jul 05, 2018
Everything must always be along the lines of tribe and religion... The igbos here supporting him are very stupid... Bunch of idiots. Must u view everything like it's an attack on Igbo land.... This govt has convicted more hausas. I am Igbo and I am disappointed at the level of mediocrity displayed on Nairaland... Everyone here reasons shallow... No.one is logical... We just jump into.conclusions like women, no one reads here with an open mind. I pray you all don't raise your children and make our country bleak.

This comment is not meant for only Igbos, but yorubas and Hausas... People defending known THEIVES like Tinubu, Obasanjo, Atiku, men who have raped our economy no matter the state they are from. I came across a Congress study done by a US Senator, and he used Atiku as a case study for money laundering in US, just imagine! And that is who wants to become president? Or tinubu that has no business before going to govt and is now a billionaire... Rubbish If Buhari decides not to persecute the ones that are his friends, I expect the next govt to persecute them... And let the trend continue. Don't come here and be displaying such a huge amount of stupidity, some of u went to school and you reason only from your asses. I pity you all... You all are the reason this country is a mess... Not any leader... WE ARE WHAT WE PRODUCE!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Courts Orders EFCC To Produce Innoson CEO, Innocent Chukwuma Over Forgery by Octaves(m): 1:57pm On Jul 05, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Victim mentality problem

OK FG own GTB I forgot
if you've got nothing to say, get the Bleep of my mentions. that's the way people like you denied tribalism and marginalisation didn't exist until even cows started receiving more priority than them. now they know that marginalisation exists and no longer an Igbo problem

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira Exchange Rate Today: Dollar To Naira Black Market Rate 30 April 2024 / Proof Of Funds! Proof Of Funds!!...travel Made Easy / Preventing Your Business Name From Being Reallocated By The CAC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.