Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,412 members, 7,836,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. (11530 Views)

Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2019 / Internship: Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Programme / Invite From Outcess-formerly CCSL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by master69(m): 4:26pm On Jul 05, 2018
Dear Applicant,

We would like to congratulate you for being selected in our innovative remote internship programme where the participant (intern) gains field experience in emerging areas of international development while working in a remote professional setting and is not physically present at any of Dataville Research offices.

No prior experience is required. All participants will need a computer, some familiarity with Windows and internet connectivity.

At the end of this 3-month programme, participants should be well grounded in the rudiments of international development in developing countries, development research and programme implementation of donor-funded projects.

Preliminary Programme Schedule:

July 5, 2018: Notification of successful applicants

July 9 – 28, 2018: Batch enrollment of participants on mobile-friendly LMS/e-learning platform upon payment of NGN 5,000.00**

July 29 - 30, 2018: Cloud share of SPSS and Stata software

August 1, 2018: Commencement of remote internship programme

September 14, 2018: End of programme and issuance of certificate of internship

Once again, accept our congratulations.
Please are they real and how do they operate, My fellow nairalanders please i need your comments....Thanks.
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by Engryagulam(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2018
I got same message
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by joshuajunior(m): 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
I got same message. Let's confirm the authenticity of the message and institution. A fee of #5000 is required to proceed further for the internship.
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by master69(m): 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2018
joshuajunior:
I got same message. Let's confirm the authenticity of the message and institution. A fee of #5000 is required to proceed further for the internship.
So what do we do nw....and please where do u base
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by samiegreg(m): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2018
master69:
Dear Applicant,

We would like to congratulate you for being selected in our innovative remote internship programme where the participant (intern) gains field experience in emerging areas of international development while working in a remote professional setting and is not physically present at any of Dataville Research offices.

No prior experience is required. All participants will need a computer, some familiarity with Windows and internet connectivity.

At the end of this 3-month programme, participants should be well grounded in the rudiments of international development in developing countries, development research and programme implementation of donor-funded projects.

Preliminary Programme Schedule:

July 5, 2018: Notification of successful applicants

July 9 – 28, 2018: Batch enrollment of participants on mobile-friendly LMS/e-learning platform upon payment of NGN 5,000.00**

July 29 - 30, 2018: Cloud share of SPSS and Stata software

August 1, 2018: Commencement of remote internship programme

September 14, 2018: End of programme and issuance of certificate of internship

Please are they real and how do they operate, My fellow nairalanders please i need your comments....Thanks.
I got same message
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by MrKaplan: 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2018
I got the message too. Am based in Abuja.
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by MrKaplan: 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
Is there any form of stipend for the internship?
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by walexy06(m): 6:33pm On Jul 05, 2018
I got same message. Seriously looking for any of their contacts to ask for more details.
at least if there is job opportunity after the internship.
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by walexy06(m): 6:36pm On Jul 05, 2018
Contact Details Head Office C21 Aviation Estate, Airport Road, Abuja Nigeria. Email: info@datavillegroup.com Phone: +234 803 282 2469 Skype: Dataville Research LLC.... got this from their site. you all can do the needful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by sixthirtyam(f): 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2018
I got the message too...feeling skeptical about the payment part
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by donestk(m): 7:45am On Jul 06, 2018
LinkedIn search

Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by SprimaB: 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
i got the same msg. i am still trying to review the reputation of the company. i e-mailed the contact e-mail before applying trying to know if their will be a job offer after the internship the said "NO".
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by Finest641(f): 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
MrKaplan:
Is there any form of stipend for the internship?
I sent them a mail as regards your question but nothing. I'm yet to hear from them.
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by Finest641(f): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2019
Those that were successful last year please come in and tell us about it.
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by SprimaB: 9:57pm On Jan 31, 2019
How many people paid
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by Lilymond(f): 11:10am On Mar 16, 2019
We are still waiting for response from those that paid. To me payment of the 5k is not much to loose if at the end of the day is not real. At least the money in question was not lost in one's quest for greed but rather to acquire more knowledge.. If I am finally selected for this year' own I will pay and probably inform nairalanders about the outcome of the internship... Bye for now.
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by Suf20: 10:45am On Mar 18, 2019
I got this mail this morning how genuine is it?

Dear Applicant,

We would like to congratulate you for being selected in our innovative remote internship programme where the participant (intern) gains simulated field experience in emerging areas of international development while working in a remote professional setting and is not physically present at any of Dataville Research offices.

Programme/Tasks
A First Look at Global Development
How to Break into International Development
Data Sources in International Development
Sustainable Development Goals
Research Methodology for Development
Mobile Data Collection
Exploring Opportunities in the Development Sector
Template Development
Baseline, Midterm and Endline Survey
GPS Mapping for Development Projects
Programme Implementation
Monitoring and Evaluation
Developing RFPs
ICT for Development
Data Science for Social Good
Future of Development Aid
Term Paper
Preliminary Programme Schedule

18 March 2019:
Notification of successful applicants

18 March – 7 April 2019:
Batch enrollment of remote interns on Eliademy e-learning platform & familiarity tour

8-9 April 2019:
Cloud share of SPSS, Stata and R software packages

10 April 2019:
Commencement of remote internship activities

4 June 2019:
End of programme and issuance of certificate of internship

To address some of your concerns, we’ve generated a new set of frequently asked questions (FAQs):

1. What is a remote internship?
A remote internship is also called a virtual internship where the participant (intern) gains experience while working in a remote professional setting and is not physically present at on office location.

2. Why the choice of remote internship?
International development is a very broad sector encompassing a huge range of organizations and job roles. Internship positions for graduates in this sector are very limited and difficult to secure. Due to high volume of applications, we are unable to provide positions for in-house internship in our various field offices. We pride our self as the pioneer of this rare form of internship in the development sector in Africa and have successfully completed 8 cohorts of African, Asian and Middle East descent in the last 18 months.

3. Who should participate?
Young graduates considering a career in the development sector.

4. What is the duration of this programme?
3 months internship activities and additional 1 month mentorship for recent graduates willing to enter the development sector and transitioning professionals.

5. How is the programme delivered?
This programme is delivered using:

i. Eliademy: a mobile-friendly online classroom that allows educators and students to create, share and manage online courses with real-time discussions and task management. Eliademy has been featured on TechCrunch and in other sources. In June 2014, it was named by EdTech Europe as one of Europe's 20 fastest growing and most Innovative e-Learning companies.

ii. Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc., headquartered in San Francisco, California, that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software. The SPSS, Stata ad R software will be sent to you via dropbox.

6. Do I have to sit on my computer for live sessions?
No. The Eliademy platform for this programme is non-synchronous. This means that we need not have live sessions. Participants can actively get involved even with tight work schedule and family life.

7. How is this programme funded?
This development programme is a sole initiative of Dataville Research LLC and partially funded. Participants are required to pay a one-time NGN 5,000 which covers some operating costs and fees paid to 25-man resource team drawn from INGOs and other research outfits.

Payment Details

Amount: 5,000.00 NGN
-----------------------------------------------
Payment Method: Transfer/Direct Deposit
Payable to Dataville Research LLC,
First Bank of Nigeria (FBN) PLC 2024682846
------------------------------------------------
Participants from other African countries and the diaspora may contact us for other payment options.

Kindly attach an evidence of payment via email. All Payments will be acknowledged within 1-3 hours of receipt.

8. Further enquiries?
For ALL questions and complaints, please send a mail to internship@datavillegroup.com. We typically respond within 1-3 hours.

Warm regards.

---
Evelyn Mallo
For: Programmes Selection Committee
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 19, 2019
I got the same message as well, see the problem is not the 5k, the problem here, is if there's a viable opportunity for a job placement after the internship...
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 19, 2019
Does it mean no one participated from nairaland in the last batch...
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by Remsokenny: 8:54pm On Mar 21, 2019
I received the same mail from dataville, please who will help us? is it legit? someone i asked said if its an intern ship we are not supposed to pay a dime, if we are to pay then its no more an internship program... please lets know whats up people with last year"s experience
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by iamclime(m): 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2019
I participated last year and added real value to myself. Note though, that this is not a job. It's an opportunity to learn more about international development (what NGOs/INGOs do) and position yourselves for future opportunities in that area. It's a part-funded internship, so be prepared to pay your own part of the funding. And be ready to be committed to participating fully in the group discussions, assignments, etc. Just make sure that you have read ALL the requirements and instructions and you're okay with them before proceeding. Nuff said. Peace!
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by dogtails(m): 4:25pm On May 15, 2019
Suf20:
I got this mail this morning how genuine is it?

Dear Applicant,

We would like to congratulate you for being selected in our innovative remote internship programme where the participant (intern) gains simulated field experience in emerging areas of international development while working in a remote professional setting and is not physically present at any of Dataville Research offices.

Programme/Tasks
A First Look at Global Development
How to Break into International Development
Data Sources in International Development
Sustainable Development Goals
Research Methodology for Development
Mobile Data Collection
Exploring Opportunities in the Development Sector
Template Development
Baseline, Midterm and Endline Survey
GPS Mapping for Development Projects
Programme Implementation
Monitoring and Evaluation
Developing RFPs
ICT for Development
Data Science for Social Good
Future of Development Aid
Term Paper
Preliminary Programme Schedule

18 March 2019:
Notification of successful applicants

18 March – 7 April 2019:
Batch enrollment of remote interns on Eliademy e-learning platform & familiarity tour

8-9 April 2019:
Cloud share of SPSS, Stata and R software packages

10 April 2019:
Commencement of remote internship activities

4 June 2019:
End of programme and issuance of certificate of internship

To address some of your concerns, we’ve generated a new set of frequently asked questions (FAQs):

1. What is a remote internship?
A remote internship is also called a virtual internship where the participant (intern) gains experience while working in a remote professional setting and is not physically present at on office location.

2. Why the choice of remote internship?
International development is a very broad sector encompassing a huge range of organizations and job roles. Internship positions for graduates in this sector are very limited and difficult to secure. Due to high volume of applications, we are unable to provide positions for in-house internship in our various field offices. We pride our self as the pioneer of this rare form of internship in the development sector in Africa and have successfully completed 8 cohorts of African, Asian and Middle East descent in the last 18 months.

3. Who should participate?
Young graduates considering a career in the development sector.

4. What is the duration of this programme?
3 months internship activities and additional 1 month mentorship for recent graduates willing to enter the development sector and transitioning professionals.

5. How is the programme delivered?
This programme is delivered using:

i. Eliademy: a mobile-friendly online classroom that allows educators and students to create, share and manage online courses with real-time discussions and task management. Eliademy has been featured on TechCrunch and in other sources. In June 2014, it was named by EdTech Europe as one of Europe's 20 fastest growing and most Innovative e-Learning companies.

ii. Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc., headquartered in San Francisco, California, that offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud, and client software. The SPSS, Stata ad R software will be sent to you via dropbox.

6. Do I have to sit on my computer for live sessions?
No. The Eliademy platform for this programme is non-synchronous. This means that we need not have live sessions. Participants can actively get involved even with tight work schedule and family life.

7. How is this programme funded?
This development programme is a sole initiative of Dataville Research LLC and partially funded. Participants are required to pay a one-time NGN 5,000 which covers some operating costs and fees paid to 25-man resource team drawn from INGOs and other research outfits.

Payment Details

Amount: 5,000.00 NGN
Payment Method: Transfer/Direct Deposit
Payable to Dataville Research LLC,
First Bank of Nigeria (FBN) PLC 2024682846
------------------------------------------------
Participants from other African countries and the diaspora may contact us for other payment options.

Kindly attach an evidence of payment via email. All Payments will be acknowledged within 1-3 hours of receipt.

8. Further enquiries?
For ALL questions and complaints, please send a mail to internship@datavillegroup.com. We typically respond within 1-3 hours.

Warm regards.

---
Evelyn Mallo
For: Programmes Selection Committee

I also got same message but what are we paying for and what’s the program about
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by geemonee88: 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2019
Going by the comments I was scared I have been scammed but as at today the program is going well as I have downloaded the SPSS 16.0 app, Stata packages and R. We have just being briefed in our first course this 17th day on an Introduction to International Development, Internship is ending on the 31st of October. Will keep you guys posted. All these from a remote location

1 Like

Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by Glistinin(m): 11:00am On Nov 12, 2019
geemonee88:
Going by the comments I was scared I have been scammed but as at today the program is going well as I have downloaded the SPSS 16.0 app, Stata packages and R. We have just being briefed in our first course this 17th day on an Introduction to International Development, Internship is ending on the 31st of October. Will keep you guys posted. All these from a remote location
guy come tell us what your experience was like abeg?
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by Dnkem123(m): 7:00pm On Nov 13, 2019
Any updates?
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by Rhemidivah8(f): 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2019
iamclime:
I participated last year and added real value to myself. Note though, that this is not a job. It's an opportunity to learn more about international development (what NGOs/INGOs do) and position yourselves for future opportunities in that area. It's a part-funded internship, so be prepared to pay your own part of the funding. And be ready to be committed to participating fully in the group discussions, assignments, etc. Just make sure that you have read ALL the requirements and instructions and you're okay with them before proceeding. Nuff said. Peace!
. Pls show is your certificate

1 Like

Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by iamclime(m): 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
Rhemidivah8:
. Pls show is your certificate
To what intent and purpose?
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by EZEEMMY(m): 2:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
Please those who have participated in this internship previously should share their experience.
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by blaze83(m): 4:31pm On May 05, 2020
geemonee88:

No update from you again!
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by EZEEMMY(m): 4:47pm On May 05, 2020
blaze83:

No update from you again!

It's a bit surprising that one cannot get enough information from past participants of the internship.
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by iamclime(m): 6:34pm On May 05, 2020
The internship was interesting! Kindly note it's not a job offer or a paying internship. It's an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of international development and data analysis. The knowledge and exposure may come in handy when you land a role with development organisations, e.g. INGOs

Note that the training is 100% online and you should be committed to completing your assignments on time. You should have access to a computer to be able to enjoy the training and also handle the tasks.

You will meet interesting folks and if you are good at connecting with people, networking will also be possible.

There's a financial commitment for you to get your certificate at the end of the training. I don't know how much now though. In 2018, it was a token of N5000.
I hope this is helpful to some extent.
cc: EZEEMMY, blaze83
Re: Please Who Receive These Invite From Dataville Research Limited, Abuja. by EZEEMMY(m): 7:13pm On May 05, 2020
iamclime:
The internship was interesting! Kindly note it's not a job offer or a paying internship. It's an opportunity to learn the fundamentals of international development and data analysis. The knowledge and exposure may come in handy when you land a role with development organisations, e.g. INGOs

Note that the training is 100% online and you should be committed to completing your assignments on time. You should have access to a computer to be able to enjoy the training and also handle the tasks.

You will meet interesting folks and if you are good at connecting with people, networking will also be possible.

There's a financial commitment for you to get your certificate at the end of the training. I don't know how much now though. In 2018, it was a token of N5000.
I hope this is helpful to some extent.
cc: EZEEMMY, blaze83

Thanks for the information Sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Udofe/shinji Petrochemical Industry / What To Expect At A Driving Job Interview / UAC. Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.