Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,084 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) (59198 Views)

Son Stabs His Mother In Imo, Set Himself On Fire (Disturbing Photos) / Man Caught Defiling A 15-Year-Old Girl In Lagos, Says We Have Enjoyed Ourselves / Picture Of Mechanic Who Butchered His Wife And Set Himself On Fire In Abia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by dre11(m): 8:03am On Jul 06, 2018
By Christopher Oji

A man believed to be in his early 20s Wednesday afternoon, set himself ablaze in the Omole Phase 1 area of Ojodu, Lagos.

The man, whose identity has not be confirmed, was said to had armed himself with a gallon of petrol and lighter and started narrating how Nigerians were going through hardship.

A witness, Ben Chinedu, told Daily Sun that: “I was Gate when I saw a crowd and I stopped to make enquiries. I saw a young man in his 20s; he was armed with a gallon of fuel.

He was shouting on top of his voice saying that he was tired of life. He narrated how he had been running from one person to other for assistance and everyone was saying things were difficult. He told people who cared to listen that the country was under a spell that cannot be cleansed.

“He said there was no hope and future for the youth, he could no longer bear the ‘suffering-and-smiling’ syndrome and pretence showed by most people. He threatened to kill himself, but people thought he was making empty threats.

He poured the liquid on his body and brought out a lighter. He ignited fire on his body and he was burning. We started pouring water on him, but the fire had done enough damage before we put it out. We called the police who came to the scene and picked the man who was unconscious by then. We don’t know the man and where he came from.”

Police public relations officer, CSP Chike Oti, who confirmed the story, said the man was being treated at the Lagos State Emergency Centre, 7-Up area.

Oti said: “Divisional Police Officer, Ojodu, received a distress call that a man set himself ablaze and raced to the scene with some officers. When the police arrived, they put out the fire and rushed the man to the Lagos State Emergency Centre, where he is being treated.

The man is still unconscious as he received third-degree burns. He is still unconscious as I am talking to you, but the Commissioner of Police has directed the DPO in charge of Ojodu to take the man who attempted suicide to the hospital.

“it is a suicide attempt as people saw him set himself ablaze. It was not the usual jungle justice by a mob.

“He was the person who planned how to kill himself. The CP has ordered the DPO to investigate and find out who the man is and why he decided to take his life in a most agonising manner. We also call on members of the public who are looking for their missing relations to contact the Ojodu Police Station of the PPRO’s office to ascertain who the man is.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/man-sets-self-ablaze-says-hardship-in-nigeria-too-much/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by fulaniHERDSman(m): 8:07am On Jul 06, 2018
Buhari weldone ooooo!

281 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:16am On Jul 06, 2018
Barber is working angry

141 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Js22621: 8:20am On Jul 06, 2018
Buhari is working grin

182 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Nickymezor(f): 8:26am On Jul 06, 2018
Lord have mercy

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Movic1(m): 8:33am On Jul 06, 2018
Suicide is a cowards way of quitting. He didn't pass his message well. He should have wrapped Nigeria flag to his body.

After voting buhari you wan run leave us. lol, the people around be like you going no where we go suffer dz suffer 2geda cheesy. Dm pour am Holy water grin

94 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Taich(m): 8:36am On Jul 06, 2018
I rather kill myself then to set myself ablaze. They should have allowed him to die, who is going to be taking care of him now? who will pay his hospital bills? If he is treated OK, what is he going to be doing once he is discharged from hospital??
What is wrong with the black man
We are black in thinking, action and planning.
We excel in wickedness and every other dark vices we can think of.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by LexngtonSteele: 8:38am On Jul 06, 2018
Movic1:
Suicide is a cowards way of quitting.

Everyone has a threshold beyond which they break.

Some it's as "little" as a lover cheating on them...others failing JAMB.

These might sound ridiculous or petty but it's hard to wear their shoes.

Lets just offer our sympathies and move on.

PS - If only he had held on, maybe his breakthrough was just around the corner

313 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Don4eva(m): 8:41am On Jul 06, 2018
Things are really hard for the common man BUT it doesn't warrant suicide. No condition is permanent cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by kingphilip(m): 8:43am On Jul 06, 2018
he has gotten the attention he sought for

atleast when him recover one person wey wan enter news go find am some change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Homeboiy: 8:45am On Jul 06, 2018
Rubbish I hope those that poured water on him will give him money to start up life

person won die in peace and una de tafia

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Movic1(m): 8:47am On Jul 06, 2018
LexngtonSteele:

Everyone has a threshold beyond which they break.

Some it's as "little" as a lover cheating on them...others failing JAMB.

These might sound ridiculous or petty but it's hard to wear their shoes.

Lets just offer our sympathies and move on.

PS - RIP to the guy, if only he had held on, maybe his breakthrough was just around the corner

Alright but the guy is Not Dead. He's still alive but unconscious..

1 Like

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by LexngtonSteele: 8:48am On Jul 06, 2018
Movic1:

Alright but the guy is Not Dead. He's still alive but unconscious..

LOL. Thanks i didnt read it. Lemme correct it quickly before it gets to FP and people savage me ruthlessly grin

7 Likes

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Vornic: 8:52am On Jul 06, 2018
Why are people trying to escape? And he might be one of those that voted in the dullard o, Thank God they rescued him, we're in this mess together!!!

6 Likes

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Jodhar: 9:15am On Jul 06, 2018
This is the same thing a man did in Tunisia and the people poured into the streets and brought down the government, that was the beginning of the Arab spring but this is Nigeria, my people will just continue with their miserable lives because nobody wan die. Some will even campaign and vote for our oppressors in exchange for a little cash or gift. What a fvcked up country!!

180 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by delzbaba(m): 9:24am On Jul 06, 2018
I cried after reading this

3 Likes

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by columbus007(m): 9:32am On Jul 06, 2018
let them arrest this boy straight.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Xisnin(m): 12:04pm On Jul 06, 2018
Another achievement for Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Islie: 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2018
cc lalasticlala......

FP oooooo
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by lawalosky(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2018
what manner of WAKANDERY is this

1 Like

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by SamuelAnyawu(m): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
Mohammed Bouazizi? embarassed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
angry
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by ShitHead(m): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
He can comfortably go to Hell and rest.

Nigeria is a curse.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by talk2ekpa(m): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
HMMMMMM!!!!

Hardship abi...? Yet with your two legs and hands, with breathe running freely through your nostril.

Don't worry, it now you'll know hardship

Senseless brain.
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Sardonicus: 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
Movic1:
Suicide is a cowards way of quitting. He didn't pass his message well. He should have wrapped Nigeria flag to his body.

After voting buhari you wan run leave us. lol, the people around be like you going no where we go suffer dz suffer 2geda cheesy. Dm pour am Holy water grin

A coward cannot set himself on fire.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Nbote(m): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
Dis was how d Arab Spring started... One man set himself ablaze in protest against d govt and den all hell broke loose in Tunisia, followed by Algeria and den Egypt and Libya ... But Zombies, and Tribal and religious bigots will not let such succeed here...

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Lilimax(f): 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2018
Several ways to die.
Depression is very bad!

The evil leaders in power will never go unpunished embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by PearlStreet(m): 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
Taich:
I rather kill myself then to set myself ablaze. They should have allowed him to die, who is going to be taking care of him now? who will pay his hospital bills? If he is treated OK, what is he going to be doing once he is discharged from hospital??
What is wrong with the black man
We are black in thinking, action and planning.
We excel in wickedness and every other dark vices we can think of.

Your father can be regarded as an herdsman cos you reason like a cow.

5 Likes

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by davillian(m): 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
Finally i collected my PVC today.
Buhari must go

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by kuntash: 3:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
Rare things a gwan
Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by dkronicle(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
The only problem besay, how this guy go treat the burns now. Why dis they pour him water. Is his life theirs

1 Like

Re: Man Set Himself On Fire In Lagos, Says Hardship In Nigeria Too Much (Graphic) by Harrynight(m): 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
cry

Indeed only the weak commit suicide

After recovery that man should be arrested for attempted suicide!

BTW
I can feel his pains though, hence he needed to get his PVC and be ready for 2019 let's send Buhari to Daura, who knows, things might turn around.

That being said,

People should learn to discover their purpose or essence of existence and live to fulfill it, for in this shall you derive joy and happiness and live a fulfilled life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Lesbians Caught In Anambra, Risk Being Jailed For 14 Years / Mustapha Audu's Wife Curses Sugabelly; Defends Husband Over Rape Accusations / PHOTO: Masked Man Steals The Foundation Stone Messi Laid In Gabon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.