Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS (6419 Views)

Unemployment Rate In Nigeria & Around The World - World Of Statistics / Nigeria’s Unemployment Rate Jumps From 27.1% In Q2 2020, 33.3% In Q4 2020 / Buhari Raises N-power Gear, Half Million Beneficiaries By 1 August (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by obi4eze(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2018
Nonsense
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by desiredmee(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2018
We don hear but our minds are made up for good...we are changing this government come 2019
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:00am On Jul 07, 2018
Ziggylady:

Instead of crying about imaginary enemies and fooling yourself,implore your APC party to do the right thing let the citizens feel the positive impacts..not sprouting useless datas and statistics that has no bearing to realities what-so-ever.

Unemployement,poverty and wtetchedness in this country is at an all time high!!...quit all these 'statistics' crap will you?
Ipob why
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:01am On Jul 07, 2018
desiredmee:
We don hear but our minds are made up for good...we are changing this government come 2019
Can you define who 'our' means?
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by Ziggylady(f): 8:02am On Jul 07, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Ipob why

Fulani herdsman zed.
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by kennykg(m): 8:08am On Jul 07, 2018
Yes it has dropped cause now you have more people venturing into agriculture, entrepreneurs, skills ,travelled out, betting ,yahoo / scams , music, acting and runs .
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by Nobody: 8:11am On Jul 07, 2018
Not yet time to celebrate. We need it to drop by 11% not 1.1%. The commercial capability of Onitsha and the industrial capacities of Aba, and Nnewi among other sectors, need to be encouraged.

Buhari till 2023; Igbo Presidency in 2023.
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by qanda: 8:31am On Jul 07, 2018
Good
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by qanda: 8:45am On Jul 07, 2018
For job seekers. Download top Interview Questions and their sample/suggested answers for FREE on Q and A App. Download Q and A App from Google Playstore.
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by Nobody: 8:51am On Jul 07, 2018
I strongly believe this report because most of the unemployed citizens are either committing suicide or going to Italy via Libya
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by BruncleZuma: 9:00am On Jul 07, 2018
1.1% as against what period? grin grin grin grin 1984 hailers
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by Sunmolar(m): 9:04am On Jul 07, 2018
Mrakeli:

Unemployment in the country reduced by 1.1 per cent in the first three months of this year, data obtained from the National Bureau of Statistics on Friday showed.

According to the statistical bulletin on formal employment and earnings for the first quarter of 2018, the average formal employment increased from 48,192 in the last quarter of 2017 to 48,708 in the first quarter of 2018, while the average earnings also increased by four per cent.

The NBS said when compared with the same quarter in 2017, the formal employment and earnings showed an improvement 5.4 per cent and 7.9 per cent, respectively.

“Increase in employment numbers in the first quarter of 2018 were recorded in the following industries: public administration and defence; compulsory social security; activities of households as employers of domestic personnel; transportation and storage; administrative and support services activities; wholesale and retail trade; and repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles,” the bulletin read in part.

Data from the NBS showed that employment in the private, parastatal and government sectors stood at 31,276; 7,420 and 10,012, respectively, while earnings stood at 10,948; 15,310 and 16,941, respectively.

Of the employment numbers, the bulletin stated that “97.5 per cent are local workers, while 2.5 per cent are expatriates.”

It added that decreases were recorded in the activities of extraterritorial organisations and bodies, other service activities, and financial and insurance activities, when compared to the same quarter in the previous year.

The NBS bulletin revealed that average earnings by sector in first quarter of 2018 were highest in the government sector and lowest in the private sector.

According to the NBS, an analysis of earnings by industry shows that among all the industry groups, the average earnings were highest in the financial and insurance activities industry, followed by the information and communications industry.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/07/unemployment-rate-dropped-by-11-in-q1.html

We re in raining season ,people have taken solace & resorts in farming.
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by lekzytaker(m): 9:16am On Jul 07, 2018
I think what is happening is that people are now becoming more creative, and creating employment for themselves. last week, a boy in my Area started making noodles for people. he actually does it well.
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by kolaaderin: 9:18am On Jul 07, 2018
EternalTruths:
Buhari has started manipulating NBS to release fake data.

Continue but we know that when Fulani Terrorists attack farmers and takeover their farms, unemployment is created.

I honestly hate Nigerians like you. If its the other way round you would be glad and happy to hear it increasing. Let me sincerely advice you, negative people don't get positive progress in life and that is why the wailers are feeling the heat more than usual as a result of they way they rejoice on bad news.

Pained soul

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by yazach: 9:31am On Jul 07, 2018
If you are a Nigerian and you are still shouting no job, blame yourself.

Honestly if this government did nothing at all, the impact in agriculture is outstanding.

Nairalanders!!! Farmers are millionaires that is the bitter truth. If you know, you know

Just go green, their is life in green

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by yazach: 9:36am On Jul 07, 2018
Aare2050:
I don't know how real this NBS Info is, but I think unemployment is on the increase.

Check my signature if you want to be smiling to the bank every month end for performing simple task on facebook

Are you not posting opposite of what you have in mind

Common do yourself a favor.

You are here advertising your product and you say unemployment is increasing. Aren't you a living witness
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by Ijaya123: 9:42am On Jul 07, 2018
Ziggylady:

Instead of crying about imaginary enemies and fooling yourself,implore your APC party to do the right thing let the citizens feel the positive impacts..not sprouting useless datas and statistics that has no bearing to realities what-so-ever.

Unemployement,poverty and wtetchedness in this country is at an all time high!!...quit all these 'statistics' crap will you?

Why not direct your frustration towards NBS?
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by mcbliss: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by mcbliss: 9:54am On Jul 07, 2018
I bet the 1.1% re keyboard warriors grin
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by Platony(m): 10:21am On Jul 07, 2018
Holocene:
Cos people have stopped trying to look for work....na to wait make 2019 enter make we vote am out

grin grin
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by DoblyYou(m): 10:31am On Jul 07, 2018
How many people constitute this 1.1%?

What's the average salary for new intakes in private and public sector?

What sectors are these people employed into?

Employment might have reduced but has poverty reduced? Can people eat good food? Is housing cheap?

Can these people's jobs feed them,and their family adequately undecided
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by kofomii: 10:34am On Jul 07, 2018
Lie lie
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by Rhozabeth(m): 10:35am On Jul 07, 2018
I just wonder how they generate these figures! But reality speaks otherwise!
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by Yankee101: 10:54am On Jul 07, 2018
Rainfall = Farming Season
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by Akeos(m): 10:56am On Jul 07, 2018
i hope it is not Npower consideration that made unemployement drop to that rate.....

just saying mine ni oo
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by AmTruth: 11:50am On Jul 07, 2018
Bad news for the wailing wailers
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by dbanjj1629(m): 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2018
Where are the jobs created? why the unemployment rate no go drop since we are close to election year and the government needs something to campaign.
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by caye(m): 2:27pm On Jul 07, 2018
post=69154686:
Entrepreneurship is bae!
THIS SUYA MALLAM IS REALLY JOBLESS!
HE IS IN ALL NAIRALAND THREADS!!
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by koboko69: 2:34pm On Jul 07, 2018
EternalTruths:

Continue but we know that when Fulani Terrorists attack farmers and takeover their farms, unemployment is created.

For those who hate good news. May bad news continue to surround them all years of their lives.
Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by Pataricatering(f): 4:41pm On Jul 07, 2018
EternalTruths:

When they were releasing data that showed negative growth he was not manipulating it and you lot were happy ! Until Nigeria burns to the ground you won’t be happy - too much hatred is a terrible thing !

1 Like

Re: Unemployment Rate Dropped By 1.1% In Q1 – NBS by Pataricatering(f): 4:45pm On Jul 07, 2018
Aare2050:
I don't know how real this NBS Info is, but I think unemployment is on the increase.

Check my signature if you want to be smiling to the bank every month end for performing simple task on facebook
is it your “ thoughts” that determine unemployment figures or hard data ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gtbank Graduate Trainee Programme Update / Gtb Recruiting / Sahara Group Limited Nationwide Graduate Engineering Programme 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.