Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea (32693 Views)

How To Stir Fry Potatoes And Veggies, So Crispy And Yummy (Photos, Video) / Stir-fry Noodles Nigerian Style. / Healthy Breakfast Idea - Potato Egg Melange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by jibs4lv(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2018
folake4u:

Good luck with that smiley
What a nice pic there ! indeed beautifully made kiss
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by folake4u(f): 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2018
jibs4lv:
What a nice pic there ! indeed beautifully made kiss

Thank you.
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by EazyMoh(m): 4:34pm On Jul 30, 2018
Thanks for this OP, looks delicious. I love good food.
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2018
folake4u:

LMAO!grin.

Red bell pepper is normal pepper naw.
Cloves of garlic is normal garlic you know.
Cayenne pepper? you know Shombo, that's it.
Stock cube? Normal stock cube used for cooking soups,stews ,sauces and gravies.
Sha preferably use Chicken cubes. smiley.

Thank you sweet heart. smiley
But I'm still confused. The stock cube or chicken cube, is it the same as Maggi? And should the garlic be sliced into it or mashed?

You too much wink
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by esty57(f): 4:43pm On Jul 30, 2018
folake4u:

LMAO!grin.

Red bell pepper is normal pepper naw.
Cloves of garlic is normal garlic you know.
Cayenne pepper? you know Shombo, that's it.
Stock cube? Normal stock cube used for cooking soups,stews ,sauces and gravies.
Sha preferably use Chicken cubes. smiley. Red bell pepper is tatashe in Yoruba, while cayenne pepper is rodo

Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by folake4u(f): 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2018
pp802:

But I'm still confused. The stock cube or chicken cube, is it the same as Maggi? And should the garlic be sliced into it or mashed?

You too much wink

You're welcome smiley.

Maggi is a brand name naw, like Knorr.
The general name is called seasoning powder, cube whatever.
Talking about Maggi as a brand name, the brand has different products under it. There's normal stock cube, then there's chicken stock cube, there's also stock fish seasoning cube. You can choose from the trio above to make your food.

Well you can slice it or mash it, your choice actually as long as you belleful cheesy.
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by folake4u(f): 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2018
[quote author=esty57 post=69836612][/quote]

Thanks dear smiley
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
folake4u:

You're welcome smiley.

Maggi is a brand name naw, like Knorr.
The general name is called seasoning powder, cube whatever.
Talking about Maggi as a brand name, the brand has different products under it. There's normal stock cube, then there's chicken stock cube, there's also stock fish seasoning cube. You can choose from the trio above to make your food.

Well you can slice it or mash it, your choice actually as long as you belleful cheesy.

cheesy
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by folake4u(f): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2018
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by amakablessing(f): 6:46pm On Jul 30, 2018
Covenant model academy oleme ,Orlu,Imo state is in need of subject teachers in their secondary school with a very good salary structure ,They include,
1.physics
2.Chemistry
3.Biology
4.English language
Please kindly call these number if interested, 07039613182.
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by bigtt76(f): 6:20am On Jul 31, 2018
Red bell pepper - Tatashe ...those big red pepper
Cloves of garlic - Normal garlic. It comes in several smaller bulges called cloves. Dicing is nice but crushed brings out the flavor more
Cayenne pepper - Small red pepper or the dried ones
Stock Cubes - Flavored seasoning cubes eg Maggi Chicken, Maggi Crayfish, Maggi Beef, Maggi Bottom-Pot, Knorr Cubes and others that gives a taste of items not physically present.

pp802:

You too much wink
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by Buchika: 8:58am On Jul 31, 2018
Op I love the look of the food, but my worry is won't it be too oily, any way to make it less oily

1 Like

Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by Buchika: 9:00am On Jul 31, 2018
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWFTP0PWr2I

Hey dearies! start your morning with a healthy potato dish like this; this will keep you full all day.
Stir fry potatoes is a dish with a fabulous flavor, this is so true especially when the potatoes are properly seasoned and fried. This pan fry potatoes are simply potatoes that are nicely diced and cooked to perfection in a pan.

One good thing about this stir fried potatoes is that they are crispy on the edges, buttery and creamy on the inside and so easy to make; it is just so simple and filling. Any kind of vegetable can be added to make this. Enjoy this simple stir fry as breakfast. See video above

Stir fry potatoes ingredients
• 8 large Potatoes (Irish)
• 1 Red Bell Pepper
• 1 Green Pepper
• 2 Red tomato
• 1 Small Onion
• 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
• 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
• 1 Teaspoon thyme
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 stock cube
• Salt to taste

How to Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes

1. Peel potatoes, rinse them and cut into smaller cubes, drain out excess liquid and set aside.
2. Set a skillet or pan on heat, add few tablespoons of cooking oil to it and add the diced potatoes it without them overlapping.
3. Leave the potatoes to cook in the oil for 3-4 minutes until they start to get brown underneath without turning them yet.
4. Once the potatoes starts to become soft and brown, season with 1 stock cube, garlic, pepper and thyme. Stir until this combines.
5. Add chopped onion, garlic or ginger and stir, cook until it becomes soft, it should still be crunchy when you bite through.
6. Add the chopped bell peppers, tomatoes and stir fry the potatoes on low heat until it cooks through. Make sure the potatoes and the
veggies are properly cooked.
7. Now your stir fry potato is ready, serve it immediately.

Op I love the look of the food, but my worry is won't it be too oily, any way to make it less oily
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 31, 2018
bigtt76:
Red bell pepper - Tatashe ...those big red pepper
Cloves of garlic - Normal garlic. It comes in several smaller bulges called cloves. Dicing is nice but crushed brings out the flavor more
Cayenne pepper - Small red pepper or the dried ones
Stock Cubes - Flavored seasoning cubes eg Maggi Chicken, Maggi Crayfish, Maggi Beef, Maggi Bottom-Pot, Knorr Cubes and others that gives a taste of items not physically present.

Thank you dear. Now I understand better smiley
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by bigtt76(f): 10:56am On Jul 31, 2018
You're weclome

pp802:

Thank you dear. Now I understand better smiley
Re: How To Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes And Vegetables:breakfast Idea by AlphaJazz: 7:59pm On Feb 02
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWFTP0PWr2I

Hey dearies! start your morning with a healthy potato dish like this; this will keep you full all day.
Stir fry potatoes is a dish with a fabulous flavor, this is so true especially when the potatoes are properly seasoned and fried. This pan fry potatoes are simply potatoes that are nicely diced and cooked to perfection in a pan.

One good thing about this stir fried potatoes is that they are crispy on the edges, buttery and creamy on the inside and so easy to make; it is just so simple and filling. Any kind of vegetable can be added to make this. Enjoy this simple stir fry as breakfast. See video above

Stir fry potatoes ingredients
• 8 large Potatoes (Irish)
• 1 Red Bell Pepper
• 1 Green Pepper
• 2 Red tomato
• 1 Small Onion
• 4 Tablespoons vegetable oil
• 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
• 1 Teaspoon thyme
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 stock cube
• Salt to taste

How to Make Simple Stir Fry Potatoes

1. Peel potatoes, rinse them and cut into smaller cubes, drain out excess liquid and set aside.
2. Set a skillet or pan on heat, add few tablespoons of cooking oil to it and add the diced potatoes it without them overlapping.
3. Leave the potatoes to cook in the oil for 3-4 minutes until they start to get brown underneath without turning them yet.
4. Once the potatoes starts to become soft and brown, season with 1 stock cube, garlic, pepper and thyme. Stir until this combines.
5. Add chopped onion, garlic or ginger and stir, cook until it becomes soft, it should still be crunchy when you bite through.
6. Add the chopped bell peppers, tomatoes and stir fry the potatoes on low heat until it cooks through. Make sure the potatoes and the
veggies are properly cooked.
7. Now your stir fry potato is ready, serve it immediately.

Bump.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Make Homemade Peppersoup Spice And Chicken Peppersoup / How I Make Peppered Pomo With Plantain- Easy Steps (Photos & Video) / Giant Rat Peppersoup(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.