Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,124 members, 7,835,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? (23050 Views)

Is 130k Job Offer Good For Someone Living At Iju Ishaga / Which Would You Advise Going For: A 130k Job In Ibadan Or A 200k Job In Lagos? / Is A 130k Job Including Tithing Be Considered A Good Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 07, 2018
200k job and u still looking for a bike....
brb.

2 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by ednut1(m): 10:32am On Jul 07, 2018
Lekki epe expressway na risky road. U bound to get knocked down. Ajah nd lakowe no be same grin

1 Like

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by oyetunder(m): 10:32am On Jul 07, 2018
consult the gods...foreign or local...
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Fahrenhite(m): 10:33am On Jul 07, 2018
1.At your current work do you make use of transport fare? If yes, then how much do you spend a month?

2. How much will you be spending on transportation in the new 200k job?

3. Are there any distinguish benefits in both the 130k and 200k job.

4. How can you tell if your 200k paying boss won't also be a pain in your hairy ass grin ( pun intended )

1 Like

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Compliant(m): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2018
Bike on the high way? I pray you don't spend all the 200,000 on hospital bill

This is not a matter of police my brother, what of the risk ?

If you are not buoyant for now to get a small car then you can enter normal transport for the time being

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by doskie(m): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2018
Habisoye:
Nairalanders!!! Is it OK to switch? My current boss is really frustrating me at work so I think it's an opportunity to switch when I got the offer..... My plan was to get a superb scooters/ladies bike so I can ride from Yaba here everyday to Ajah lakowe.
Nairalanders pls advice me on the risk involved in riding bike from d mainland to Ajah, won't I be faced with the issue of police or other govt officials arresting bike at lekki or Ajah itself? And which is the best route? And again is dat kind of plan feasible enough?
i dont think they arrest power bikes. but yaba to lakowe ? why not rent a place around abijor or even eleko. houses are very cheap in eleko and bogije.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 07, 2018
chloride6:
Is the 200k steady?

I fully endorse the statement on your signature... Craphari
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by noxy1962(m): 10:38am On Jul 07, 2018
Imagine the distance Yaba - Lagos Island - V.I - Lekki- Ajah bus stop - Awoyaya - lakowe with scooter � lol. Even Tom Cruise won’t try that. You can get an apartment in Lakowe for as low as 120k - 150k and save yourself some life span.

3 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by austertee01(m): 10:39am On Jul 07, 2018
Bros, I stay in Awoyaya and work in VI. Wake up time is 4.30am to beat morning traffick, leaving office 9pm to beat evening traffick. I do arrive home 10-11pm everyday.

Now my advise, take the job of 200k in Lakowe, I can help you get a 2 bedroom in Lakowe/Awoyaya for 350-450k (depending on your taste). With this you are saving yourself the risk of riding bike here daily, you save a lot on tfare as you will only have to take 50naira cab to your office and non if your house is so close and you can sleep till 7.30am in your house and get home 6pm daily (your children will know their father this way, lols).

Also, you don't have a business pass Ajah bridge as everything you need is right there from Abraham Adesanya roundabouts.

Finally, if you are a night crawler like myself, you have a lot of places to catch fun to the fullest here starting from Total Lounge, Royalty Lounge, Whiskey Ice, Vocalno Strip Club, Askamaya Strip, Wadbash, Royal Bliss, Mayfair Garden, Val-time, Mama Nkechi Beer parlour and Shalaye Sepe Joint (if you no too owe cash) to mention few.

I one cent... Best of luck!

6 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by milemimi93(m): 10:40am On Jul 07, 2018
Habisoye:
Nairalanders!!! Is it OK to switch? My current boss is really frustrating me at work so I think it's an opportunity to switch when I got the offer..... My plan was to get a superb scooters/ladies bike so I can ride from Yaba here everyday to Ajah lakowe.
Nairalanders pls advice me on the risk involved in riding bike from d mainland to Ajah, won't I be faced with the issue of police or other govt officials arresting bike at lekki or Ajah itself? And which is the best route? And again is dat kind of plan feasible enough?

Let passion be your motive...
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Lexusgs430: 10:40am On Jul 07, 2018
Habisoye:

Of what use is a job, if the employee ports to earn more money buying an okada, and lost his life in the process?
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by gift01: 10:41am On Jul 07, 2018
You can't ride any form of bike on that Lekki-Ajah expressway without not getting knocked down. Buying a car is good but be ready for traffic. Infact in just a week traffic will make you think of the 70k difference. Think wise
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Jarus(m): 10:41am On Jul 07, 2018
Habisoye:

You dont need scooter. You will b driving against traffic if you work in Ajah and live in Yaba.

3 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by oludarekehinde(m): 10:41am On Jul 07, 2018
My advice for you is to relocate to Lakowe or better still get a small apartment there to be staying during week days and returned to Yaba on weekend if you know u can't leave Yaba.

Meanwhile, check my signature for the installation of security and safety equipment at affordable price.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by otisky: 10:42am On Jul 07, 2018
relocating, buyings bike or changing job is not what you should be thinking of right now even do they will be needed. What you to do first is to check if the new job will be better than your present job base on their mode of work, the environment and also if your new boss won't be more annoying than your previous boss leading you to regret the switch cus biz is not all about the money alone but also the relationship of the people in it. And as for the bike decison NO ACCEPTED
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by chairman00100: 10:42am On Jul 07, 2018
70k/yaba/aja/stress/where you are operating from, must we share every single thing on nairaland
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by ozo13(m): 10:48am On Jul 07, 2018
Nice offer
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by GavelSlam: 10:54am On Jul 07, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
If You want to leave long my advice for you is to get a car.. okada is very dangerous in the high way... becareful.. cool

grin
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by HomeOfMe(f): 10:54am On Jul 07, 2018
Habisoye:
A lady riding on a scooter on that routew daily? I'm afraid it's not a good idea. Just make do with other alternative means of transportation apart from two wheel rides.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by xelowpage: 10:55am On Jul 07, 2018
austertee01:
Bros, I stay in Awoyaya and work in VI. Wake up time is 4.30am to beat morning traffick, leaving office 9pm to beat evening traffick. I do arrive home 10-11pm everyday.

Now my advise, take the job of 200k in Lakowe, I can help you get a 2 bedroom in Lakowe/Awoyaya for 350-450k (depending on your taste). With this you are saving yourself the risk of riding bike here daily, you save a lot on tfare as you will only have to take 50naira cab to your office and non if your house is so close and you can sleep till 7.30am in your house and get home 6pm daily (your children will know their father this way, lols).

Also, you don't have a business pass Ajah bridge as everything you need is right there from Abraham Adesanya roundabouts.

Finally, if you are a night crawler like myself, you have a lot of places to catch fun to the fullest here starting from Total Lounge, Royalty Lounge, Whiskey Ice, Vocalno Strip Club, Askamaya Strip, Wadbash, Royal Bliss, Mayfair Garden, Val-time, Mama Nkechi Beer parlour and Shalaye Sepe Joint (if you no too owe cash) to mention few.

I one cent... Best of luck!
Mr. Night crawler, with all these place of fun you listed, I hope you are saving. I just dey hope oooo cus only you sabi places of fun.

2 Likes

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by akanbiaa(m): 10:56am On Jul 07, 2018
Accept the job and look for a house at Epe or Ajah Epe Border, you will get reasonable house rent.
finally time to get married if you are not. Best of luck from your guardian angel.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by twilliamx(m): 10:56am On Jul 07, 2018
More opportunity on the island. Go for it
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by DIYhackers: 10:56am On Jul 07, 2018
Get the 200k job, wake up early enough and take still you get a small car. Scooter not advisable
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by jaxxy(m): 10:57am On Jul 07, 2018
Habisoye:

How can u ride a bike from yaba to ajah even if its a power bike it's dangerous on ajah Where people drive recklessly inorder to beat traffic in or out of the island. DONT try it!

On the job change, how long hv u spent on the current one and wats the prospects of both jobs. That shud help u decide. Also will u be willing to relocate to ajah at sm point if u go for the new job as that wud be better and less stressful for u.
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by uju22(f): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2018
Nice offer, buy you have to think about it very well, bike from yaba to ajah is sure not a child's play, it's better u look for who to squat with over there or just continue with your yaba office until you get another one nearby * my two cent*
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by sandra50(f): 11:01am On Jul 07, 2018
No need getting a car it will be above his means..he can jump bus pending when his salary gets to 500,000..that time he will be able to maintain a car and take care of other needs.

quote author=adewumiopeyemi post=69154795]If You want to leave long my advice for you is to get a car.. okada is very dangerous in the high way... becareful.. cool[/quote]
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Akeos(m): 11:01am On Jul 07, 2018
if you ask me, na who i go ask........
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Shamzo4u: 11:01am On Jul 07, 2018
the only best option is to relocate if u aren't married
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by Laids: 11:18am On Jul 07, 2018
In case you want you pack out of your present house, I need accommodation around that yaba for like 6 months...that's if the house is a self con o
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by thatigboman: 11:21am On Jul 07, 2018
Chrismentor3:
Do they really pay for commenting first on a post (FTC) if yes what are the terms,? Someone should clear me please
noooo
Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by sonsomegrigbo: 11:27am On Jul 07, 2018
These are the kinda nice things you will be reading about the Yoruba people...

But Igbo na crimes...

Igbos can do crime for Africa

Shiorrrrrr

Re: Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? by newoffer: 11:28am On Jul 07, 2018
Compare the stress my brother. at the end u spend the difference on tfare and other miscellaneous. You probably be sent packing from the job if u can't meet up. Ajah is known for traffic. Don't leave your job

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed / December 13 Sterling Bank Online Test A Massive Flop / MTN Nigeria 2018 Recruitment (4 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.